• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGCats 224! NOT FUNNY YET AGAIN

Costanza

Banned
070119.jpg

Didn't see a thread yet..
edit: meant 223

bengraven

Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this, but his insults are actually a bit on. Only, he should know that you can adjust the settings on HDTVs so you don't have that problem.

Goddamn unfunny, though.

Bildi

This is actually quite good compared to their standard.

Before anyone bitches, I said 'compared to their standard.'

So don't bitch.

Meesh

Well, the art work is kinda pleseant....I find it mildly humorous.....mildly....

Is there something wrong with me?

R0nn

Schafer said:
Didn't GAF do this joke months ago when Godfather was announced for the 360?

Exactly. Which to me is one of the reasons why it's not funny at all. It's really outdated (like many of their attempts to be funny).

LuCkymoON

Banned
I laughed at "Real is Brown":lol
I was thinking of when I was switching through the different visual filters Gears of War had.

ghibli99

Compared to past strips in the series, it's not bad. It's observant and true, but just ends poorly (like all of them).

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
"RealisIm."

:lol Nice try, VGCats. Now let's conquer 3rd grade spelling!

I don't want to point out any particular group of members that views next-gen graphics as just that.... Wii fans....

Wake up people next-gen systems allow devs to create games that look closer to what they're artistic vision was, than on PS2, XBox, GCN or Wii. Just because there seems to be a big jump onto "reality" train right now, doesn't mean that there won't be games that look cartooney, or are very colorful and sharp. I think such games are already out, just take a look at Viva Pinata.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
There hasn't been a funny VGCats photoshop in weeks, if not months. Time to stop posting it.

haircut

Ynos Yrros said:
I don't want to point out any particular group of members that views next-gen graphics as just that.... Wii fans....

Wake up people next-gen systems allow devs to create games that look closer to what they're artistic vision was, than on PS2, XBox, GCN or Wii. Just because there seems to be a big jump onto "reality" train right now, doesn't mean that there won't be games that look cartooney, or are very colorful and sharp. I think such games are already out, just take a look at Viva Pinata.
Response to an argument nobody made.

The part about everything being dark and have way too much bloom is so true. Every game released nowadays is so dark it's not even funny. Until you go outside, then you are hit with the bloom. So this comic speaks the truth but it's not that funny because it drags on and the ending makes no sense.

Ranger X

Ynos Yrros said:

Pass me your shit please.

RSLAEV

Oh jesus, seeing that God Mode just makes me want to cry... there's no hope for humanity, there just isn't. I don't want to live in a world where people think this is funny. :(

haircut said:
Response to an argument nobody made.
Yeah, I started it, commenting on that VGCATS episode.

They imply that next-gen graphics = dark, brownish enviroments, sharper image and bloom. I don't think it's a valid statement, and I don't see how anyone who has a next-gen console could agree with it.

Ranger X said:
Pass me your shit please.
Those pizzas are killing me.....

Baron

This guy can't spell for shit. Does he realize how f'ing unprofessional that looks, having multiple misspelled words in your work? Ugh.

I'm not even going to start on the general lack of everything else in this comic, as that's a whole 'nother can of worms that everyone else is doing just fine at addressing.

Ranger X

Ynos Yrros said:
Yeah, I started it, commenting on that VGCATS episode.

They imply that next-gen graphics = dark, brownish enviroments, sharper image and bloom. I don't think it's a valid statement, and I don't see how anyone who has a next-gen console could agree with it.

Those pizzas are killing me.....

Seriously, there's many games on the 360 and PS3 that are totally abusing bloom and HDR. Not only it doesn't look good, it doesn't necessarily give more artistic value and it's nowhere more realistic either.

Top Bottom