• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman driver parks on top of neighbours car

Status
Not open for further replies.
A female driver managed to mount a neighbour's car when doing a three-point turn in a tight suburban cul-de-sac.

The woman hit the accelerator instead of the brake on her automatic car and her £18,000 B Class Mercedes vehicle shot onto the roof of a Chrysler Neon parked in a driveway in Ashtead, Surrey.

The Chrysler's owner Robert Den-Hartog, 35, a primary school teacher, discovered his £10,000 car had been wrecked after being woken by the noise of the impact.

This picture shows the aftermath of the accident. Police were called but no action was taken.

Mr Den-Hartog who lives with his wife Claire, 35, a physiotherapist said: "I couldn't believe my eyes why I saw what happened.

"My wife and I had tea that night and just gone to bed at about 10.30pm, tired after work and I have to get up early.

"I was fast asleep when Claire woke up when she heard the noise and ran to the bedroom window.

"She said, 'you're not going to believe this,' so I ran over to the bedroom window and looked out. I just said: 'Holy Moses!' and ran down stairs to help the woman out of the car."

He added: "When we were woken by it I was shocked and hoping that she wasn't hurt.

"I wasn't really angry but you never get the full money back form the insurance and I suppose now I'm going to have to look for a new car. I think mine is pretty much written off."

Den-Hartog_1240860c.jpg

Holy Moses Story Here

Haden

Banned
Ashtead! What the fuck I live in the town next to that got loads of friends there, damnnn will have to find out if I know anyone related to these two :lol

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I'm still completely perplexed how people can start hitting the gas instead of the brake, and not figure out their mistake until they are either plowing threw a convenience store or mounting another vehicle.

Makes absolutely zero sense. They must have the reaction time of an 80 year old, let alone the brain of one to even make the mistake in the first place.

Cdammen

How hard is it to let go of the accelerator? I mean, she had to have held it in for a while for her vehicle to scale and mount that poor man's car :lol

zon

Ok, I'm guessing that so far we have 1 perm ban (juniors always gets punished harder) and 4 one month bans.

What say the rest of you?

YNWA said:
Why can't Helen Keller drive?
she's a woman
hahahahaha

edit: in case you are perusing this thread, Dragona, those ha's were sarcastic because that is the worst joke i've ever heard. female drivers are the best drivers in the whole world except for this one anecdotal case..

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
YNWA said:
Why can't Helen Keller drive?
she's a woman

You better hope Dragona does not see this.

I've gotten banned before for poking fun at women drivers.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
GSG Flash said:
You better hope Dragona does not see this.

I've gotten banned before for poking fun at women drivers.
Nah, I'm hoping it gets seen.

Good 'ole cleansing of the juniors is a time honored tradition.

There was a video I saw not to long ago of something similar. A cop pulled a guy over and gave him a ticket, the guy then put on his blinker to go back into traffic and put it in reverse and rode up on top of the cop car. Then you hear the cop getting on the radio asking for backup and a ambulance. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom