• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| Dirty Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sam

xhGIB.png

20110717_mitb_cmpunk1_vs_r.jpg

omimasum

Neo Member
how are the chicago wrestling fans like? are they going to boo cena and cheer for cm punk. i do know that punk is from chicago but imagine if he loses at mitb

ZeroRay

omimasum said:
how are the chicago wrestling fans like? are they going to boo cena and cheer for cm punk. i do know that punk is from chicago but imagine if he loses at mitb

If we get the WM22 crowd, It's gonna be a slaughter for Cena.

Striker

somedevil said:
Watched Superstars: This was crazy too bad few people will see this spot.

crazy-o.gif
That, plus the Beth-Gail match.

Why we can't get that match on Raw, and the six man match on Smackdown baffles me.

dream

...why in the fuck would you do a superplex out of the ring onto 4 other dudes on a TV show nobody watches?

dream said:
...why in the fuck would you do a superplex out of the ring onto 4 other dudes on a TV show nobody watches?
To get us intrigued enough to watch it, well I assume that's the plan at any rate

Knox

dream said:
Still a bigger audience than people in the indies doing all sorts of similar crazy shit.

Striker

remnant said:
If you aren't watching SD/Superstars you are missing some of the best wrestling on T.V.
Pretty much.

Seeing guys like the Usos on TV/Superstars more each week is a nice thing to see. They're pretty fun to watch. Hopefully they can evolve some more tag teams (Percy Watson/Darren Young?). The titles should be moved around, they aren't doing much with them on Raw.

JdFoX187

Banned
Smackdown is dog shit as long as Orton ru
i
ns the whole upper card. Superstars matches are awesome. Shame we can't have stuff like this on Raw and Smackdown. People might actually become interested in the product again.

omimasum said:

Like every crowd, it really depends who bought the tickets. I am sure a lot of the tickets sold before Punk was billed for the Main Event, and before the "fourth wall" skit happened, so many of the fans could be casual and auto cheer the Face regardless. Punk is usually massively cheered in Chicago though, although that is usually at Raw. The people who chose to go to a PPV might be a different crowd.

With the way WWE are building this angle, they obviously know where they they are building up to Punk in his hometown, and if they are planning some twist, it will most likely be built around Punk been the person the crowd is behind.

JdFoX187

Banned
Aren't smarks usually more prevalent in PPV audiences? Don't see little Jimmy convincing his parents to drop a couple hundred on PPV tickets. Especially it being Punk's hometown, I'm sure Cena's going to get torn up by the crowd.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
RBH said:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ksuLsxTyYtk/SvReCpFgi-I/AAAAAAAAAFs/Wz1HRKFV5M0/s320/wwe-superstars-logo.jpg[/i///mg]

[u]WWE Superstars 6/30/11[/u]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvEI_Z-y3eo[/url]

-Beth Phoenix vs. Gail Kim
-JTG vs. Chris Masters
-Alicia Fox vs. Kaitlyn
-Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, and Trent Barreta vs. Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, and Tyson Kidd

:x[/QUOTE]
*sigh*

Will my dear Kaitlyn ever get a win?

At first I was like, "What da HEYL? What kind of thread title is this?"

Then I came in, saw the OP and laughed.

Good job, Mr. Sam.

I'll probably take a break from WrestleGAF for a few days after CM Punk loses. The meltdown in here will make me want to punch someone.

Chamber said:
*sigh*

Will my dear Kaitlyn ever get a win?
Who?

RBH

Just a reminder that Impact Wrestling tonight will feature the return of
Low Ki/Kaval

UberTag

RBH said:
WWE Superstars 6/30/11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvEI_Z-y3eo

-Beth Phoenix vs. Gail Kim
-JTG vs. Chris Masters
-Alicia Fox vs. Kaitlyn
-Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, and Trent Barreta vs. Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, and Tyson Kidd
IsayFever said:
So Zack Ryder isn't being used anywhere anymore is he?
No Zack Ryder means this is the 2nd week in a row he's worked a dark match against McIntyre on a RAW taping that ended up getting shown nowhere.

At least last week he still wound up with a main event NXT match against Titus O'Neil. Which, for those of you who missed it, can be seen RIGHT HERE.

UberTag

somedevil said:
Well he does make an appearance on
July 4 raw
I still don't buy that will get aired on television. Doesn't appear to have any context to the match said appearance is linked to and may have been a token gesture to wake up what would have been a very exhausted Vegas crowd.

Incidentally, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that this week's installment of Z! True Long Island Story has not been uploaded yet. It has gone up like clockwork on Thursday afternoons pretty consistently. Zack is running late. The Broskis are beginning to panic.

evil ways

UberTag said:
I still don't buy that will get aired on television. Doesn't appear to have any context to the match said appearance is linked to and may have been a token gesture to wake up what would have been a very exhausted Vegas crowd.

Incidentally, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that this week's installment of Z! True Long Island Story has not been uploaded yet. It has gone up like clockwork on Thursday afternoons pretty consistently. Zack is running late. The Broskis are beginning to panic.
He's supposedly in Australia with the Raw roster for a tour. So the new episode is gonna run late.

UberTag

evil ways said:
He's supposedly in Australia with the Raw roster for a tour. So the new episode is gonna run late.
I see that Bret Hart has joined up with the Smackdown crew for next week's tour of South Africa.

It's also interesting that the final RAW taping prior to Money in the Bank in CM Punk's hometown hails from Cena's home turf in Boston.

rvd2kewl

Keyser Soze said:
Like every crowd, it really depends who bought the tickets. I am sure a lot of the tickets sold before Punk was billed for the Main Event, and before the "fourth wall" skit happened, so many of the fans could be casual and auto cheer the Face regardless. Punk is usually massively cheered in Chicago though, although that is usually at Raw. The people who chose to go to a PPV might be a different crowd.

He got a pretty loud cheer from the crowd in Chicago last year at Night of Champions when he said the city should be burned to the ground again. Really not much he can do wrong here.

DMeisterJ said:
Idk what the thread title means D:

The whole OP is built around a quote from the film Dirty Harry, which has the famous quote "Do you feel lucky, punk" in it. Mr Sam cleverly rejiggered those lines to work with the CM Punk / Cena feud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom