• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flappy Bird for Playstation Vita. (yeah it´s LBP but cool)

Flumbooze

Banned
The creator of the level is active on another forum that I'm also active on. He's surprised with the attention to say the least. I still can't get over it how he did it, but it took him about a week of constantly working on it. For now, he can't bear the sight of any sackboy anymore.

DrXym

All I can say about LBP on the Vita is it's a mind buggeringly good game and you have to keep pinching yourself to remember it's on a handheld. Everything from the console game and its expansions is there in one form or another. About the only fault I can find with it is some of the touch levers are unresponsive.

Not sure I'd ever want to play Flappy Bird on it though.

Thrakier

The creator of the level is active on another forum that I'm also active on. He's surprised with the attention to say the least. I still can't get over it how he did it, but it took him about a week of constantly working on it. For now, he can't bear the sight of any sackboy anymore.

I don't understand the attention either. If he would've invested that time into real programming, he'd be better off. LBP is like these Guitar Hero games - fun on the first sight, but investing your time and money into the real thing is just way better. LBP was never a good game.

sono

That is really good.

LBP Vita is a really good game, I prefer to PS3 versions due to the additional use of the touch screen controls they have built in.

test_account

XP-39C²
I don't understand the attention either. If he would've invested that time into real programming, he'd be better off. LBP is like these Guitar Hero games - fun on the first sight, but investing your time and money into the real thing is just way better. LBP was never a good game.
The attention grabber is that he was able to re-create a game to be near identical to the orignal by using a more limited toolset, and making a game inside a game. If he made this game in a pure programing lanugage instead, it would be a lot less impressive since it has already been done so many times before. Thats the difference.

KLonso

I think you're misunderstanding what's impressive about this. I imagine the same misunderstanding is a large part of why you seem to dislike LBP.

Sylver

Banned
Wow I've LBP Vita game thanks to an ancient Sony promo and never used to play it, maybe it's time to take a look.

magnetic

Got LBP with my Vita "Mega Pack" (which it cost me less than a base Vita plus memory card) and quickly deleted it because I hated the look of Sackboy and the intro.

Downloading again right now. I spent countless hours with Wario Ware DIY and the Bangai-O Spirits level editor, and I´ve been in the mood for some level creation stuff recently. Maybe I can make my own little shmup, which is something I´ve been toying with in my head for years!

Some people just enjoy exploring the limitations of a platform. They do it because it´s more challenging that way. It´s a fun excercise and not meant to be "the real thing".

NastyBook

LBP never fucking ceases to amaze me. I wish I were half as creative and dedicated as some of the people that work well its creation tools.

This is exactly--and I mean exactly--like saying that Legos were never a good toy, and that anyone who plays with them is wasting their time because they're not sculpting.

It's play, dude. People are playing with a construction set. To think that's a tragedy or a lost opportunity woefully misunderstands humanity.

All I can say about LBP on the Vita is it's a mind buggeringly good game and you have to keep pinching yourself to remember it's on a handheld. Everything from the console game and its expansions is there in one form or another. About the only fault I can find with it is some of the touch levers are unresponsive.

I agree with this. I really enjoyed the mini-game levels, but some of them were also pretty unresponsive. One of them which was like curling was very erratic.

I still feel LBP is one of this (well last) gen's greatest achievements. Sky's the limit to what can be done in these games, especially in 2 and Vita.

One of the few games that I consistently come back to play online.

Yeah, I don't think the series gets enough credit.

A lot of people who play Tearaway say "oh, with this game I can be creative. I can use my photo and paint shapes in the face of my character". The in-game levels and download levels of any LBP game is far more crazy than Tearaway. Is fine game, but very limited in comparison with LBP.

Well of course the customisation in Tearaway is very limited compared to LBP, but you're comparing apples and oranges. Nobody plays through the Tearaway tutorial an expects to be able to build their own levels and engineer devices like you can in LBP. They're trying to achieve completely different things.

Piccoro

Yes, that's one of the reasons why levels aren't cross-compatible. Plus, there are a bunch of features and improvements in LBPV that aren't supported by LBP2 - though, we did add some of them to LBP2 with the DC Comics level pack - and Sackboy's jump behavior is slightly different.

Thank you for your answer! I assume you are part of the dev team of LBP? If so, good job!
When you say that the jump behavior is different now, is it only in the DC levels, or the whole LBP2? Thanks.

Bowler

This is exactly--and I mean exactly--like saying that Legos were never a good toy, and that anyone who plays with them is wasting their time because they're not sculpting.

It's play, dude. People are playing with a construction set. To think that's a tragedy or a lost opportunity woefully misunderstands humanity.

Well said

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Thank you for your answer! I assume you are part of the dev team of LBP? If so, good job!

Thanks! Yes, I worked on LBPV and the DC pack amongst other things.

When you say that the jump behavior is different now, is it only in the DC levels, or the whole LBP2? Thanks.

What I meant is that the jump behavior is different in LBPV compared to LBP2. It's a little less floaty in LBPV. Things haven't changed in LBP2 since launch with regards to that.

Top Bottom