• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flappy Bird for Playstation Vita. (yeah it´s LBP but cool)

Alan-C

Neo Member
The Vita is easily my favourite gaming platform. I remember with LBP first came out on PS3 how I wished they could have made that editor available for PC - so many great levels must have been lost due to the annoyance how having to build them with a PS3 pad. Building with the Vita touch screen must be a massive improvement - I have to admit I have never had the patience to do it myself.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Holy shit. How.

I was expecting something that maybe played alike, but looked like standard LBP fare. This looks well.... identical.
Impressive.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Are the LBP Vita levels compatible with LBP2 PS3? I'd like to try this but don't have the Vita version...

I don't know for sure, but I seriously doubt it. Much of the design of LBPV hinges on the Vita's hardware capabilities.

Yes, that's one of the reasons why levels aren't cross-compatible. Plus, there are a bunch of features and improvements in LBPV that aren't supported by LBP2 - though, we did add some of them to LBP2 with the DC Comics level pack - and Sackboy's jump behavior is slightly different.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nicely done! Must have taken some work to get the graphics copied over and such.

However, an acute accent is not an apostrophe. Unfortunately, your thread title will have to be graded F until this is corrected.

Hanmik

Nicely done! Must have taken some work to get the graphics copied over and such.

However, an acute accent is not an apostrophe. Unfortunately, your thread title will have to be graded F until this is corrected.

I blame the language in the country I live in.. we only use ´ . and that´s for letters like

á í ý ó

I use that symbol to often... sorry..

SoundLad

The foreground is moving way faster than the real thing - shouldn't even have bothered, scrap!

In all seriousness, that's amazing and a big thumbs up to the clever individual who created it.

SykoTech

I'll never get my head round how these are made. LittleBigPlanet is a game engine itself.

I still feel LBP is one of this (well last) gen's greatest achievements. Sky's the limit to what can be done in these games, especially in 2 and Vita.

One of the few games that I consistently come back to play online.

ThisOne

Would love to see what's going on behind the scenes in that game. LBP is an incredible game making tool. Makes me wish I still had my copies for the PS3.

lutheran

I own LBP PSP, LBP for PS3, LBP2 for PS3 but I don't own this version lol. I have barely even played these games at all to be honest but I get the feeling I am missing out on a lot of fun gaming. I am sure there are thousands of levels based on games I love that are playable on the list of LBP games I already own. I can't believe this flappy bird thing is making me consider getting LBP Vita. Not because of that particular cloned game but because of what can be done with LBP Vita.

Lijik

Wow LBP Vita really is incredible. Really need to pick this version up some time and see what people have been making

Chopper

I own LBP Vita, but haven't even loaded it up. I'm just not creative enough to get the most out of it.

How does it compare technically to its console brethren? Are you able to, say, download other peoples' creations (like this) and pick them apart for ideas?

I own LBP Vita, but haven't even loaded it up. I'm just not creative enough to get the most out of it.

How does it compare technically to its console brethren? Are you able to, say, download other peoples' creations (like this) and pick them apart for ideas?

its better than the console ones. the campaign is the best one and the touch controls is game changer. get on it.

Harlock

What's that got to do with anything? Tearaway isn't a creation engine. LBP is. They're different styles of game.

A lot of people who play Tearaway say "oh, with this game I can be creative. I can use my photo and paint shapes in the face of my character". The in-game levels and download levels of any LBP game is far more crazy than Tearaway. Is fine game, but very limited in comparison with LBP.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I'll never get my head round how these are made. LittleBigPlanet is a game engine itself.

LBP Vita is really amazing. The games people create with the creator really don't get enough exposure. Some of them are really great and it always amazes me what can be done.

Yea....I think as a game overall its under rated, under appreciated. My kids only play Community just for the levels other ppl create. I cant remember the last time they played the story.

Serious question : HOW ? How does LBP allows to create this ? I mean, is there a code editor inside the game ? And for the assets ?

BPoole

That's pretty crazy. I'm curious, but has anyone made an original game in LBP and had it turned into an actual standalone game?

That's awesome! LBP Vita has been sitting on my desk brand new with a bunch of other games for a while now. I think it's time I play it.

That's pretty damn good. Im guessing that the pipes and foreground are just emitters and the screen never actually moves. Its been a while, so Im not too sure how the scoreboard is done, but it probably was not too hard. There is a ton of logic and switching that can run in the background in LBP. Ive spent way more hours making stuff than actually playing. The only thing that gets me is the actual bird. I know you can import pictures, but I don't remember them being that clean.

Okay, I will!

This. Can someone explain?!

Ill give a bit more detail, mind you, this is all a guess from a retired creator.

Pipes/foreground: I think these are just emitters. You can use a random switch to activate the emitter, then it just sends out the object at the location, speed, and angle specified. The random switch just keeps spewing pipes. Same for the foreground, its just a an emitter sending a long piece over and over. Your position in the world never moves left or right, you just bounce up and down.

Scoring: The pipes have a sensor on them that is set to hidden and based on proximity, once you clear it, it trips the sensor, increasing your score.

Death: There are numerous ways you can set an object to lethal, the pipes probably just cover up the lethal object behind them. LBP effectively has 3 3d planes and 3 2d planes, so you can place a 2d object in front of a 3d object.

Scoreboard: No idea, I didn't spend a lot of time creating in lbp2. It think its just a bunch of shapes thrown together with the counter added in. The logic behind making a counter is easy, I just don't know how to save and display it.

The flappy bird: No idea on this one either.

Art Assests: LBP has a TON of materials and a TON of stickers so copying other things is really easy, it just takes patients depending on crazy you go with the details. Think MS Paint, but with more shapes and a ton more colors/textures.

Top Bottom