• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

So I have a dumb question about ModBot giveaways.

Am I correct in understanding that one is not eligible to win a raffle until they have first given away games via ModBot themselves? And a Junior can not create a ModBot raffle?

I think I goofed and entered a couple Shiva giveaways.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Am I correct in understanding that one is not eligible to win a raffle until they have first given away games via ModBot themselves? And a Junior can not create a ModBot raffle?

A junior can create a modbot raffle.

Not being able to win unless you've given away a game is one of the rules that can be implemented when you create a modbot posting. see here for more details

Cth

It depends on how the giveaway is set up.

To make it fair for Juniors, some setups can be made so only juniors can enter.

Similarly, it can be set up so only those who have given away a game can enter.

You can set it up so people can only win once a day.

etc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

you can do giveaways as a junior

Backlogger

It depends on the rules that the person doing the give away adds to their modbot giveaway. If the person doesn't want Junios to enter, you should actually be able to see that in their giveaway text unless they remove it before pasting.

You can see the full list of options here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

Edit: Beaten

hohoXD123

Depends on the person doing the giveaway. They can limit it to only full members, junior members or impose no restrictions as far as I know, though juniors can do giveaways just fine. And na you don't have to have given a game away to enter, again unless if the person doing the giveaway has specified that as a restriction.

Edit: Not just beaten, annihilated.

wilflare

any other bros playing the PSO2 Beta?
(another thing to feel happy about living in SEA! on top of decent Steam prices -same as US-)

For April Fools steam should have made every game in your library bad rats.

With the amount of complaining over the free weekend games that appear in peoples' libraries, I can only imagine that the lawsuits brought about by this sort of April Fools joke would bankrupt Valve and make an oPlay-only (Origin/uPLAY) future all-but certain.

Nabs

Since we're talking about modbot, here are some Humble leftovers:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-BE133011F2CBC252
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-D695455F52A0E621
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-E6125ED1789A227B
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-8620A31F5151BA7D - Taken by Mugatu. 2 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-642DAC50DAA824F1 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-8184A8BDAAE33F7D
Bridge Constructor -- MB-3151EBD572A590F9 - Taken by wetflame. 4 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-B11F117B852E8C60 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-BADD3E5DCEAA8076

t1397147320z1.png

Jeez guys its not like I hacked modbot and stole them.

There's a bit of a social contract when it comes to this stuff. Givers are happy to share with the community, on the condition that the community aren't dicks about it.

The giver receives a sense of happiness knowing that something they've given will be enjoyed, and the receiver gets to enjoy the given thing while also feeling a sense of community with others. It's win-win.

When a giver gives Bad Rats, or when a receiver takes without giving back, either in thanks or in kind, it breaks that trust and sense of community.

It's part of being a member in a civil society, and the STEAM thread is one of the last bastions of civil society on the internet.

Just be cool, man.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Sent a ticket to Playfire support about some missing rewards a couple of days ago and haven't heard back yet, which is annoying since now I'd have to add 2 Type Rider rewards :/ (those are worse, because the achievements were properly detected as they appeared on the Achievements tab on time and everything but the rewards never triggered).

Hang Glider takes 3 seconds. Climb to the top of the crane, stand on the edge where the person was sitting (you knocked him off, didn't you? ;) ), and then wait for the hang glider to come near you. Jump and mash the lick button.
This.
Took me 2 tries the first one I thought using the jetpack would be a good idea XD
Fuck Flappy Goat though, I'm not getting past 7 :(

And the achievements are somewhat fun/enjoyable? Does this harken back to the Steam Sales of yore?
Depends, if you plan to get all of them probably no since more than a few will be hard and/or time-consuming and you have a week in most cases to get them.

hohoXD123

There's a bit of a social contract when it comes to this stuff. Givers are happy to share with the community, on the condition that the community aren't dicks about it.

The giver receives a sense of happiness knowing that something they've given will be enjoyed, and the receiver gets to enjoy the given thing while also feeling a sense of community with others. It's win-win.

When a giver gives Bad Rats, or when a receiver takes without giving back, either in thanks or in kind, it breaks that trust and sense of community.

It's part of being a member in a civil society, and the STEAM thread is one of the last bastions of civil society on the internet.

Just be cool, man.
Hold on now, Bad Rats is the greatest gift someone can give. Other than that, spot on.

Mhmm, Chaos Theory is really good. Feels good to get back into SC after a decade.
Chaos Theory is so great, and I love how the scroll wheel works, I actually tried playing the Splinter Cell HD Collection since it has Pandora Tomorrow in it(doesn't work on modern OS) and it just felt so weird half tilting the analog stick instead of using the scroll wheel, felt a lot less precise.

But yeah, Chaos Theory.
So freaking good.

wilflare

NUS yeah. Engineering is weighing me down, plus I'm overloading this sem.

nice.. I'm in the Faculty next to you (FASS). hahaha. final year.. but doing my Honors Thesis (History) next sem... currently busy with my Theatre rehearsals... gah

but PSO2 (I have yet to even start on GW2)

Dr Dogg

No need for external tools, especially when you have no idea whether they don't include malware.
Simply rename the .bat to .exe, add that to Steam, rename the .exe back to .bat and edit Steam shortcut properties to the correct extension.

Or or to save needless and unnecessary steps just create a shortcut and amend the launch parameters in the target field. Even allows for unique launch icons as well if you want to go that way.

Personally I wouldn't use a batch file if you're going to using the same values every time. If you wanted flexibility or selection options then they can be quiet powerful still but for just doing the same job each time it seams like an unnecessary step.

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally, I have a big issue with people who seem to think that things are okay just because they're not explicitly forbidden. That's not how things work. There's more to being a cool person than just "not breaking any rules."

Words to live by. And not just for Modbot
who is apparently allergic to me when picking the winners.

EDIT:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/243870/

Ghost Recon Phantoms (Ghost Recon Online previously) is out now.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I loved the online modes for the earlier games. Does this relate more to those games, being 3rd person, or is it closer to the less-tactical, more radical Advanced Warsomething games?

No bad rats here, promise.

More than likely, if I win something, I'll be re-gifting. :lol

But I can't resist entering a raffle for a mystery prize... what if it's something on my wishlist?! :p

--

Random weirdness: Apparently JaseC played Sleeping Dogs. I mean... actually played it. He holds the record on my friends list for consecutive vehicle rammings at 30.

def sim

I hope my goat simulator credits come in soon. I have until noon tomorrow to maximize my savings. D:

there as a motherfucking 25% voucher for DS2?

i bought it with a 20% only... son of a...

Yeah, they were mailing out codes tied to our account. I don't know if everybody gets one or just some of us.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
there as a motherfucking 25% voucher for DS2?

i bought it with a 20% only... son of a...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom