• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reproducable PS4 Pre-order interface glitch for the web-store

Gestault

[Edit]: For this game at least, it does charge you immediately, and it lets you add it to your download queue.

My near-purchase of Child of Light (which looks amazing) brought up a reproducible issue with the way the web-store displays game pre-orders on PSN. Basically, the game doesn't release until the 29th, and is listed that way on the game page, but if you add it to your cart from the main page (where many would likely see and add it), it skips a notice that it won't be available until the release date. My impression is that this effects every pre-order title the same way. It was a mini collaboration in another thread (Props to blizzardjesus and hey_it's_that_dog):

Front-page listing (to be clear, it also can be added from the new-releases tab, even in the expanded section view):
jbazptJnR54ggr.png

Adding to cart:
jTWEeTXiJrj6I.png

Viewing cart:
j2oNNq7SMkiaW.png

Final checkout:
jpVDuoGKn4mYP.png

The problem is what SHOULD be happening at some step is that it displays the info-text below, which DOES happen if you add the game to your cart from the product page:

oZqvYQy.png

Gestault

Put the entire OP into email tags, or delete everything right now and PM the directions to everyone! ahhh!!!!

Haha, I don't believe it gives you access to it any earlier, but I'm at work so I wouldn't know until later. It would be more a source of mild disappointment than anything else.

Gestault

Actually, it does charge you immediately, and it lets you add it to your download queue.

(I also accidentally bought the PS3 version, I hope I can change that.)

ViciousDS

Banned
Actually, it does charge you immediately, and it lets you add it to your download queue.

(I also accidentally bought the PS3 version, I hope I can change that.)

but does it actually download.....because thief had the same error and it does nothing until release night.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
So you just get to put that ish in your download and not actually get to play the game?

lamest glitch ever bro.

SCEA really needs to get their digital shit together.
I'd be super salty if the game was playable on Vita but I can't imagine a scenario where I'd rather play the game on PS3 than PS4. I suppose that it would suck for people planning on getting a PS4 in the future though.

mattp

It's Ubisoft USA's fault for making the business decision, but SCEA owns the store and shouldn't have allowed it to happen.

i dont know if i agree with that
does sony dictate what prices games should be sold at on their stores? i would hope not
same goes for cross buy.

i dont know if i agree with that
does sony dictate what prices games should be sold at on their stores? i would hope not
same goes for cross buy.

If you are running a cross region store you should ensure that a product in one region has all of the features as that same product in another region, except when doing so would break a law.

Gestault

Small non-update: I didn't get any responses to the Tweets to the various Sony twitter accounts. The glitch is still up on the store (it's been down for a lot of today).

Top Bottom