• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASUS ROG Ally - Launch Event Livestream

Are you planning on buying the ASUS ROG Ally?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IFireflyl

Gold Member
I'm not sure how many people are excited about this, but here is the Launch Event Livestream:

Canada Prices:
$899 - Extreme model

US Prices:
$599 - base model
$699 - Extreme model

UK Prices:
£699 - Extreme model

Launch Date:
June 13, 2023

Specs:

Xu8U4tL.png

Add-ons:
3 months of Game Pass Ultimate

US Pre-order at Best Buy:
I got the sold out error when trying to checkout. What you need to do is add it to cart and then hit checkout. If you get the sold out error, then refresh your screen and hit checkout again. Do NOT click checkout again without refreshing your screen or it will be removed from your cart!. Then repeat the refresh/checkout process until you get through.

Pre-Order Asus Controller:

n6ZEM0F.jpg

US Price:
$170

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

It's always exciting with new hardware releases. I hope Asus delivers. It seems like a good device but I'll wait for some reviews before I decide to buy.

LordOfChaos

Hopefully Microsoft takes this space seriously, and the Windows for Handheld UI leads to a large ecosystem of these devices more than this being the focus.

I'd like to see a Steam Deck with an updated chip like this.

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
It depends on the eu price if they go above us prices I don't bother.

It was rumored that the EU prices would be $100 more than the US prices, but that that the increased price would include VAT. Someone stated somewhere that it would actually be cheaper than keeping it at the US prices and then charging VAT. I don't know how accurate that is. I supposed this launch event should reveal that though.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
seems cool but not super portable with that battery life. if I gotta hang something off it to keep it alive might as use my tablet.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Yeah, I don’t like the Rgb trend myself. Building decent dev computers without it looking like a rave in your case actually costs MORE money.

Also, looking forward to a tear down of this. Would be nice to upgrade the storage.

LordOfChaos

Wait, what was she saying about being able to light up more cores on older games without developer changes?

Edit: Oh colors not cores, talking about auto HDR

Last edited:

JCK75

I'm too happy with my steam deck and I honestly have become very fond of Steam OS and how customizable it is.. but I love that there are newer/more powerful devices coming.. I'm just not ready to upgrade any time soon.
I do think having it available to just walk into a store to buy is going to be a huge advantage over steam deck.

hlm666

Seems to be alot more polished than I expected, It's closer to something I would expect from the major console manufacturers than bloody asus. Colour me impressed, just need to see aus prices but i'm really keen.

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Seems to be alot more polished than I expected, It's closer to something I would expect from the major console manufacturers than bloody asus. Colour me impressed, just need to see aus prices but i'm really keen.

Prices are in the OP now. $599/$699 in the US, and £699 in the UK. Nothing has been announced yet for the rest of the world (that I am aware of).

Mr Hyde

I'm buying this with the 4090 XG mobile. To have a portable PC in a sort of hybrid constellation is awesome. I also prefer gaming on the couch than my office chair. The Armored Crate SE sounded very good, compiling all your games from all the launchers. Very impressed with everything ASUS have presented here today.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
sold out already in the US if the live chat is right.

I got the sold out error when trying to checkout. What you need to do is add it to cart and then hit checkout. If you get the sold out error, then refresh your screen and hit checkout again. Do NOT click checkout again without refreshing your screen or it will be removed from your cart!. Then repeat the refresh/checkout process until you get through.

Topher

Gold Member
I get why they have a proprietary interface for the eGPU, but can't help feel disappointed that I can't put my RTX 4080 into an enclosure and use it with something like this and not have the overhead hit from using USB 4.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I get why they have a proprietary interface for the eGPU, but can't help feel disappointed that I can't put my RTX 4080 into an enclosure and use it with something like this and not have the overhead hit from using USB 4.
You probably can, if you buy some ROG special eGPU enclosure.

Top Bottom