• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Chewie B

Neo Member
My Amazon US order is apparently pending shipping for tonight with an expected delivery date of "Monday by 8pm". Looks like there's a pending charge on my credit card too.

Friday was so surreal. I checked istocknow.com, which showed that a couple of Gamestops and Targets had them in stock within the past few hours. I figured I'd try dropping by after work. I imagined that by that time, either they would be all gone or there'd be a line of people trying to get to them. After work, I drove to Target where I found 8 in stock. No line nor crowd of people trying to grab them. It was only one per customer, though, and I still wanted to get a couple more for my brother and sister as Christmas presents. So I drove over to Gamestop, where I found 6 in stock. Again; there was no lines nor crowd fighting over them. They also had the one-per-customer policy, but the manager happened to be there whom I was able to convince that I'm not a scalper and to sell me two via two separate transactions.

I just checked that same Target and Gamestop right now on istocknow.com and they are still showing in stock, two days later.

Am I just incredibly lucky or is the hysteria dying down already?

SKINNER!

Banned
Just noticed a seller on gumtree uk selling 4 of his/her SNES Classics at retail value for "quick sales". Hahaha, scalpers get fucked!

urfe

Anyone know if online stores are also getting restocked? Would love to buy an American one from Japan, preferably Target.

One of the orders is "Shipping Now" while the other one is still just hanging around but they are both arriving to their destinations on the same day.

I guess one takes longer to prepare or something.

I was supposed to get my order from Walmart on the 5th (I ordered on Aug 22). Idk what to do now, it still says its going to arrive 11 days ago.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
If people aren't sure when they preordered the Amazon version, here's what I see from checking page 39 (when it went up).

(Those who preordered before Wario's Amazon link)

powersurge
bigbri
toki767
jabee
broncobuster
squeekyclean
r-user
15rc
sillution
cordy (getting mine in on Tuesday)

naked snake
wehrwolf
alexflame
simplecripple
dabargainhunta
manzanas
brickarts
tabasco

(Those who preordered after Wario's link)

innerg
schuckyducky
dishwalla
bluth
tesusa
aspiegamer
Burning Justice
Cheezeman3000
BasedKilik
watershed
spade
greglombardi
lacobellis
devilhawk
shinobu
sleepnaught
pikma
hateradio
brickarts295
bigfroth
darealgummy
zonic
FantasticMrFoxdie
Lasthope106
Murugo
whiteninja
Sorta Maximus
Deathpeak
ctfg23
OricWindstar
Stinkles

I wonder if anyone else who preordered it before the link will be getting theirs next week.
Pretty sure I pre-ordered it before Wario put his link, since I was reading gaf when it was posted. I probably just replied hours later.

I got mine already.

kyo2004

Mine was updated today with Preparing for Shipment (already charged on my CC), so hopefully on Friday, I'll finally have it :). The only thing I have to do is complaining at Amazon about the 50% off they promised... :/...

Saganator

Where are my 8/22 Walmart bros? Anyone have theirs shipped yet? Also, have any of you managed to get credit from Walmart yet? I'm waiting to ask until maximum fuck up occurs (order cancelled).

jennetics

Where are my 8/22 Walmart bros? Anyone have theirs shipped yet? Also, have any of you managed to get credit from Walmart yet? I'm waiting to ask until maximum fuck up occurs (order cancelled).

I finally cancelled mine after Walmart kept emailing me about my payment information needing to be updated, even though my payment methods were all fine. Good news is that I already got my 8/25 order in, but still wanting a second for gifting purposes. Here's hoping I get another chance to get one!

Westonian

No change in mine. I've contacted them twice and the best they could offer was 10% off. That's been applied, but I still have my doubts it's ever going to ship.

Card was charged again for the 6th time the other day. Still no change. If I do manage to find one in store, I'll def cancel and tell em to fuck off

Meeps

Amazon US preorders: I just saw some people on reddit post the following messages.

Did anyone else get this? I seriously hope that this is a fluke, since the Active Boeki version (which is what is sold here in Singapore) does not have the ac adaptor or poster.

I received one like this! It was also mailed in a padded envelope and the back is sloping in like a large weight was placed on it. Just going to return it. What the heck, lol.

Update: I contacted customer service and they are aware that "many customers" were sent the same imported version. They're going to send a replacement...I guess sometime within the next decade. I'm not even sure if I have to mail this one back, but if I get to keep it I'll just give it away.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Right here. Same situation. Charged like 6 times. They're just screwing with us at this point.

kyo2004

Shipping Now with UPS (arriving tomorrow at Doral and another 2-3 days more to coming home)... xD... but now I'm trying to validate my 50% off. They're not gonna get a free pass only because they finally shipped the item.

Edit: After another 3 CS Reps... hoping this will be the last... xD...

05:47 PM PDT Mahadev: I am sorry to keep you waiting, it will be just moment longer.

05:47 PM PDT Me: Ok
05:56 PM PDT Mahadev: Thanks for waiting Diego.
I've requested a refund of $39.99 for the item to your Credit card. This refund will appear as a credit on your statement in the next 3-5 business days.

05:57 PM PDT Me: Thanks... :)...

dgco86

Ended up cancelling my Amazon order. Thanks all who've been keeping me updated on the Asia/US set situation. Considering Amazon is unlikely to offer any aftersales service due to my use of a freight forwarder, I figured I would be better off looking elsewhere. Don't want to get stuck with an Asia set that I would probably have trouble offloading in Singapore.

should I order a super famicom classic from eBay or wait for a reasonable restivk?

I would *really* wait for a restock rather than pay scalper prices. This thing has been too easy to get (in comparison to the NES Mini) for those trying to get one anyway and I imagine that scalper prices will only go down probably anyway.

I think a lot of us have had no trouble finding them in stores - just call around and find out when your local Gamestops, Targets, Best Buys, and Wal Marts are getting shipment and you *shouldn't* have too many problems finding one if you stay on top of things. Last I heard, Target should be getting stock next around October 20th. There are a lot of trackers but I found myself having much more luck just calling local stores and asking rather than trusting tracking apps and websites.

Also, pay attention to the news and get onto Wario64's tweets if you can - a lot of us grabbed SNES mini's last week with the Gamestop store restocks that were announced in advance.

Just my thoughts though...

D.Lo

I would *really* wait for a restock rather than pay scalper prices. This thing has been too easy to get (in comparison to the NES Mini) for those trying to get one anyway and I imagine that scalper prices will only go down probably anyway.

I think a lot of us have had no trouble finding them in stores - just call around and find out when your local Gamestops, Targets, Best Buys, and Wal Marts are getting shipment and you *shouldn't* have too many problems finding one if you stay on top of things. Last I heard, Target should be getting stock next around October 20th. There are a lot of trackers but I found myself having much more luck just calling local stores and asking rather than trusting tracking apps and websites.

Also, pay attention to the news and get onto Wario64's tweets if you can - a lot of us grabbed SNES mini's last week with the Gamestop store restocks that were announced in advance.

Just my thoughts though...
They asked about Super Famicom, not the US machine...

I've been tempted with Super Fami Mini prices on ebay, they're not insane right now. But will wait another week or so for an Amazon restock.

k91191

I should be getting my Amazon pre-order tonight!

I'm curious to see if they're really sending out Malaysian/Singapore versions without the poster or AC adapter in the box...

SKINNER!

Banned
I should be getting my Amazon pre-order tonight!

I'm curious too see if they're really sending out Malaysian/Singapore versions without the poster or AC adapter in the box...

Out of curiosity, are the Malaysian/Singapore versions more expensive than USA?

Erevador

My saga with this thing has been a nightmare. I was a very early pre-order, pre Wario.

Here's what it currently says for me:

tumblr_oxyt1sl8Cn1sr3k70o1_1280.png

Only, I've had the exact same message twice before on previous days, only to roll into the next day and find my date has been moved forward. It's early in the AM yet, but if it doesn't ship this time.... who knows. The countless reps I've talked to have been useless.

What a mess.

dgco86

Out of curiosity, are the Malaysian/Singapore versions more expensive than USA?

Sort of. The cheapest preorders here in Singapore were equivalent to about $102 USD. Retailers seem to have jacked the price up to $132 USD though.

But if you're talking about Amazon US, then no, I believe they still charged the same $79.99 USD price. Frankly I think that's a rip off considering the missing poster and AC adaptor, and not forgetting the potential warranty issues of course.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I got a strange e-mail from Amazon JP about the Super Famicom. Strange because I've never gotten something like this.

It says that I can pre-order it again, and provides a link to a new Amazon product ID, name (something about limited release), and release date of October 26. I preordered it just in case. This time with my full name in the address so that it doesn't get stuck in customs. Here's to hoping. 😰

🙏🙏🙏🙏

I have not kept up with this situation at all. Still hard as hell to find? Is the stock situation at least looking a little bit rosier than the NES Classic?

I have not kept up with this situation at all. Still hard as hell to find? Is the stock situation at least looking a little bit rosier than the NES Classic?

Depends where you live. In the US it seems restocks were pretty good, especially at Target. Here in Quebec though the restock has been pure famine.

Looks like I ordered mine on 8/25 and I received it on 10/04 which was two days earlier than it was supposed to arrive. Opened it to make sure it was really in there but haven't yet hooked it up and played it. Been too busy with Destiny 2 and doubt I'll get to it anytime soon with Mario and the Fall/Holiday releases coming.

Megatron

If people aren't sure when they preordered the Amazon version, here's what I see from checking page 39 (when it went up).

(Those who preordered before Wario's Amazon link)

powersurge
bigbri
toki767
jabee
broncobuster
squeekyclean
r-user
15rc
sillution
cordy (getting mine in on Tuesday)

naked snake
wehrwolf
alexflame
simplecripple
dabargainhunta
manzanas
brickarts
tabasco

(Those who preordered after Wario's link)

innerg
schuckyducky
dishwalla
bluth
tesusa
aspiegamer
Burning Justice
Cheezeman3000
BasedKilik
watershed
spade
greglombardi
lacobellis
devilhawk
shinobu
sleepnaught
pikma
hateradio
brickarts295
bigfroth
darealgummy
zonic
FantasticMrFoxdie
Lasthope106
Murugo
whiteninja
Sorta Maximus
Deathpeak
ctfg23
OricWindstar
Stinkles

I wonder if anyone else who preordered it before the link will be getting theirs next week.

I ordered before Wario's link. Mine came Monday.

My Amazon order was due to arrive today (even though it still said shipping now), and now I just got an email from them saying there is another delay and that they'll contact me when they have an update. I mean it was at Shipping Now for fuck's sake!!

Peagles

My saga with this thing has been a nightmare. I was a very early pre-order, pre Wario.

Here's what it currently says for me:

tumblr_oxyt1sl8Cn1sr3k70o1_1280.png

Only, I've had the exact same message twice before on previous days, only to roll into the next day and find my date has been moved forward. It's early in the AM yet, but if it doesn't ship this time.... who knows. The countless reps I've talked to have been useless.

What a mess.

My Amazon order was due to arrive today (even though it still said shipping now), and now I just got an email from them saying there is another delay and that they'll contact me when they have an update. I mean it was at Shipping Now for fuck's sake!!

Mine was arriving by 8pm on Monday and now it says delayed too. This really is a shitshow!

I got a strange e-mail from Amazon JP about the Super Famicom. Strange because I've never gotten something like this.

It says that I can pre-order it again, and provides a link to a new Amazon product ID, name (something about limited release), and release date of October 26. I preordered it just in case. This time with my full name in the address so that it doesn't get stuck in customs. Here's to hoping. 😰

🙏🙏🙏🙏

I'll cross my fingers and toes for you! Maybe you could call them in advance and they could flag your name/address as good to go or something?

cordy

Banned
Yeah my Amazon one didn't have the AC adapter either, are you fucking serious? Wow.

Luckily I had one on the side from an old phone I don't use anymore but man that's fucked up.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I got my Amazon order yesterday. Full price and normal shipping.

Yeah my Amazon one didn't have the AC adapter either, are you fucking serious? Wow.

Luckily I had one on the side from an old phone I don't use anymore but man that's fucked up.

That sounds like Nintendo problem not Amazon.

Heel

Did it have a sticker on the bottom that said "Distributor: Active Boeki K.K." like this post says?

cordy

Banned
That sounds like Nintendo problem not Amazon.
Nah it's an Amazon problem given the next post.
Did it have a sticker on the bottom that said "Distributor: Active Boeki K.K." like this post says?
Yep just checked.

I'm contacting Amazon to see what they're doing about it. If nothing then I don't mind considering I had a spare adapter.

EDIT: They're giving me a $15 gift card for the missing adapter. I'm A-OK lol.

Tabasco

Got mine in from Amazon US just now.

It came in a giant bubble mailer, yikes. The SNES classic itself looks like it's in good shape at least.

Top Bottom