• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

TL21xx

Banned
WWE-XXX-Cesaro.jpg

WrestleMania has come and gone, as has RAW After Mania. Daniel Bryan is now the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, The Streak is no more, Evolution has returned, and the Warrior has left us with his Ultimate Legacy. April isn't over though, and we've got a
pay-per-view
Special Event coming up on May 4th to build up to, and it's looking like it won't be the typical rematch show we're used to, it's Extreme Rules!

WWE-Extreme-Rules-2014.jpg

Will the WWE be able to build upon the high standard set by WrestleMania XXX? Well, even if they do manage to mess it up, it doesn't matter, because we now have a NEW up and coming superstar in the wings to become The Next Big Thing™ , and who better to manage him than the manager of the last Next Big Thing™ .

raw-040714-heyman2.jpg

The Cesaro era begins now that he's thrown Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter through the barber shop window in favor of becoming a Paul Heyman guy. Just a reminder, this is the man that manages the biggest Heel in the company. Not many managers can pull off carrying wrestlers of two alignments. Mad props to him, though it really is a testament to the King of Swing.

sting-wwe-network.jpg

In other news, Sting has appeared in a WWE production for the first time since the last episode of Nitro during the WWE Network's Warrior Week specials. It's looking more and more likely that he will one day step foot into a WWE ring, but don't count on it happening until Summer Slam. Speaking of Warrior, if you have yet to see the excellent documentary they put out on the WWE Network, get on it, it's one of their best and it's a miracle they were able to get it out with that kind of turnaround.

TNA_Sacrifice_2014_Poster.jpg

Meanwhile in TNA, we continue to wait for Sacrifice, which happens on April 27th. If you're part of the TNAtion, you know what's going on already. They're holding down the Pay-Per-View fort, but there is another that has finally risen to make a play for the throne.

bitw-ppv-rotor-1.jpg

Ring of Honor announced they will be entering the Pay-Per-View market starting with Best in the World this June. They also just had their show Supercard of Honor VIII, so yeah, go check that out if you're into ROH.

10174856_643974895638823_6686655791832585684_n.jpg

And last but definitely not least, we have New Japan Pro Wrestling! The next major event in Road to WRESTLING DOTANKU is on Saturday the 19th so get hyped! It's available here http://www.ustream.tv/njpw on ustream as always. Oh, and the NJPW/ROH crossover is next month, so get hype for that too! And one last thing, the Bullet Club now has AJ Styles. Speaking of Bullet Club...

Devitt-NJPW.jpg

Prince Devitt has left town... And might be going to TNA... Let us have a moment of silence and pray that he makes the right decision and heads on down to NXT to get ready for the big stage. It's gonna be REEEEEAL!

WALL OF SHAME for OT1!

54iMEtV.png

Read OT1 here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794690

For more awesome wrestling content and a chance to see my graphics work, check out LegitShook.com

Good Night everybody!

jred2k

New threads are always kind of weird because there is almost never any carry over of whatever conversation was going on in the previous thread.

Subscribed!

New threads are always kind of weird because there is almost never any carry over of whatever conversation was going on in the previous thread.

Subscribed!
It's better that way. It's like going to a new territory. Can't wait to see what gimmicks people are going to bring in this time.

I was thinking about doing the "TNA Fan" gimmick, but I decided I needed to do something more realistic, in the spirit of The Reality Era™. Maybe something like The Boogie Man? That's way more believable than "TNA Fan" right?

It's better that way. It's like going to a new territory. Can't wait to see what gimmicks people are going to bring in this time.

I was thinking about doing the "TNA Fan" gimmick, but I decided I needed to do something more realistic, in the spirit of The Reality Era™. Maybe something like The Boogie Man? That's way more believable than "TNA Fan" right?

Are you still typing all of this in the nude?

Have you put on some damn clothes yet?

I'm a young gun that instantly rose to the top and upset the established stars. I'm like Paige in that way. That's the only way I am like Paige.

nope. His contract expired while he was the TV Champ, he came back as a member of Aces & 8s, instantly won back the TV Title, lost it later to Abyss, and then was pinned in a "whoever gets pinned is fired" 10-man match and left for real

It's so very TNA

Shit. I'm confused and I had infinite chances to re-read that as many times as I wanted at my leisure.

Was there a "_____ on a pole" involved?

jred2k

I'm a young gun that instantly rose to the top and upset the established stars. I'm like Paige in that way. That's the only way I am like Paige.

Time will tell. It could be a Ryback push where you rise to the top quickly and then your carelessness sends you back to the bottom of the WoS. I'll be keeping my eyes out for your inevitable sereneBully gimmick.

Some of that potential Warrior merch they showed looked pretty awesome. I hope some of that stuff is still able to see the light of day.

I prefer to think the book is firmly in the hands of Christy Hemme, wrestling genius extraordinaire.

Austin Aries never recovered from pushing his cock in her face. She's obviously running shit over there.

Shit. I'm confused and I had infinite chances to re-read that as many times as I wanted at my leisure.

Was there a "_____ on a pole" involved?
as far as i know, no, but there sure as hell were run-ins by heel stables, a heel stable full of losers, and Samoa Joe getting pinned like a fat loser, so business as usual

Time will tell. It could be a Ryback push where you rise to the top quickly and then your carelessness sends you back to the bottom of the WoS. I'll be keeping my eyes out for your inevitable sereneBully gimmick.

Never. I will be here for my legions of fans. I will be a fighting champion. Except for a week in May where I'll be walking out on you guys.

One of the things that stuck out to me most of all when watching Impact is how much better the Knockouts Division is than the Divas Division. A Knockouts streetfight? Cookie sheets, garbage cans, kendo sticks? Effing awesome.

Eagerly anticipating WWE ripping them off in a year or so. Just like WWE swiped their next PPV, sorry, Sunday Special Event main event match from tonight's Impact main event.

One of the things that stuck out to me most of all when watching Impact is how much better the Knockouts Division is than the Divas Division. A Knockouts streetfight? Cookie sheets, garbage cans, kendo sticks? Effing awesome.

Eagerly anticipating WWE ripping them off in a year or so. Just like WWE swiped their next PPV, sorry, Sunday Special Event main event match from tonight's Impact.

Didn't that feud just start? I'm all for street fights, but that seems like doing one just for the sake of doing one.

Eagerly anticipating WWE ripping them off in a year or so. Just like WWE swiped their next PPV, sorry, Sunday Special Event main event match from tonight's Impact.

The thing that struck me was thinking "why is Gail Kim in the back and not on TV while these three women that all look like strippers are hitting each other with cookie sheets and garbage cans?"

But to each their own...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Eagerly anticipating WWE ripping them off in a year or so. Just like WWE swiped their next PPV, sorry, Sunday Special Event main event match from tonight's Impact main event.

Submission%20Moves%20THUMB.jpg

So original, this AJ

The thing that struck me was thinking "why is Gail Kim in the back and not on TV while these three women that all look like strippers are hitting each other with cookie sheets and garbage cans?"

But to each their own...

Something to do with The Beautiful People reuniting? I don't know, I wasn't watching back then. But seeing Madison Rayne get Irish Whipped into the steel steps, something I've seen countless times in men's competition to the point I'm desensitized to it, was just so weird to me. That never happens in Divas matches (not much of anything happens, really). Like I said, it just really stood out to me.

Vylash

Something to do with The Beautiful People reuniting? I don't know, I wasn't watching back then. But seeing Madison Rayne get Irish Whipped into the steel steps, something I've seen countless times to the point I'm desensitized to it, was just so weird to me. That never happens in Divas matches (not much of anything happens, really). Like I said, it just really stood out to me.

The Beautiful People were Laycool before Laycool was around, they also brought in Lacey Von Erich at one point, which was about as good as you'd think

Top Bottom