• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Apparently he actually is consulting, and is on the payroll

serenewarfare's point is they aren't publicly admitting that, this news only became available thanks to PWInsider.

serene, to answer your question, they're in a bad position. They can't lie and say he's not there when he obviously is, because they'll look even worse than they did for just bringing him back. Yet if they tell the truth and admit he's back, Wrestle-1 gets pissed that they were lied to and backs out of their partnership rather than work with a guy who was racist to Japanese wrestlers in general.

serenewarfare's point is they aren't publicly admitting that, this news only became available thanks to PWInsider.

serene, to answer your question, they're in a bad position. They can't lie and say he's not there when he obviously is, because they'll look even worse than they did for just bringing him back. Yet if they tell the truth and admit he's back, Wrestle-1 gets pissed that they were lied to and backs out of their partnership rather than work with a guy who was racist to Japanese wrestlers in general.

TNA creates more problems for themselves than they seem to solve nowadays.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Awwwwww yis
B2qehr0.jpg

Is there any reason Sara Del Ray is not wrestling currently - other than her focusing on training?

Paige, Emma, Aj, Natalya and Eva Marie can only do so much for the debision on their own!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
She probably gets paid just as much if not more to not take all the abuse and touring.

Shit, I'd rather be a trainer than a wrestler.

KissVibes

Banned
I would like to point out that Stings soul patch is totally fucked up. He's also really showing his age. Maybe he should always wear the make up? And is his hair reddish now?

Is there any reason Sara Del Ray is not wrestling currently - other than her focusing on training?

Paige, Emma, Aj, Natalya and Eva Marie can only do so much for the debision on their own!

It was her choice.

She wanted to be a trainer and help future Divas. Unfortunate that anything taught to Eva Marie hasn't stuck.

She probably gets paid just as much if not more to not take all the abuse and touring.

Shit, I'd rather be a trainer than a wrestler.

She still the right age to be a great in-ring talent though, and it would be a nice highlight to her career to have a big PPV match. Paige vs Del Rey Wrestlemania 31 would be great with a small build to it, and would top of her in-ring career fantastically.

I would like to point out that Stings soul patch is totally fucked up. He's also really showing his age. Maybe he should always wear the make up? And is his hair reddish now?

Sting has less right to Wrestle now that Del Ray. I kinda wish WWE solely hired Sting to help NXT talent work on promos. Nothing else.

Trainer Sting I can deal with. Not much else.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's weird watching these old WCCW matches. You think of babyfaces as the super good guys, and you'd see a bunch of young guys like the Von Erichs and think they're all just the most generic babyfaces you could imagine.

But David acted like a heel. Made fun of Dusty Rhodes, but it's not like anybody's gonna boo a Von Erich in Texas no matter what they say.

Vylash

It takes a lot to get me to cry, but I just finished that Warrior special and I'm a complete wreck, I have no idea how they managed to put that together so quickly but it was absolutely beautiful

Striker

WWE has a policy of not typically hiring former TNA guys. You think that would change if TNA went under?
Marcus Cor Von, Braden Walker (lol), Vance Archer, Xavier Woods. Uhh, can't think of others. R-Truth was a nobody in WWF/E prior and spent time in TNA for several years. Woods specifically sat in developmental before joining the roster. Aside from bigger names like Angle, Jeff, RVD, Sting, etc, others would likely be required to sit before they'd debut. They weren't WWE made or Legends, so that's how it's dealt nowadays.

The Beautiful People were Laycool before Laycool was around, they also brought in Lacey Von Erich at one point, which was about as good as you'd think
They were similar to Vince's Devils, which were Candice, Torrie, and Victoria. Laycool came two years afterwards; that's when they had the Piggie James shit going. Sure Vince had a laugh!

KissVibes

Banned
WWE will only ever want former WWE/WCW guys that went to TNA. Within limits, obviously. They'll never sign a jackass like Matt Morgan again. MAYBE some indie guys, like Eddie Edwards (if he cut himself free of Davey Richards), they'd be interested in.

Guys like Zema Ion, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode? Never.

And Zema Ion seems kinda rad and he's still pretty young too. But WWE can get a dozen guys just like him in a heart beat and that TNA stink is too fuckin' much for Triple H. Dirtsheets said as much.

Marcus Cor Von, Braden Walker (lol), Vance Archer, Xavier Woods. Uhh, can't think of others. R-Truth was a nobody in WWF/E prior and spent time in TNA for several years. Woods specifically sat in developmental before joining the roster. Aside from bigger names like Angle, Jeff, RVD, Sting, etc, others would likely be required to sit before they'd debut. They weren't WWE made, so that's how it's dealt nowadays.

Within the past year, Triple H has sent out the word that they don't want anyone from TNA unless it's to sign an older guy like Angle again. I recall a story where indie guys were being told not to sign with TNA if WWE passed over them originally because they'd never get another shot.

Rapstah

Kind of amazing how every couple of wrestling threads in OT, someone appears who is absolutely convinced that no one knows or wants to admit it's fake.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching some older PPVs, I've come to a conclusion.

Jesse is the GOAT. Like Bobby's great, and Attitude King was pretty entertaining. But Jesse is SO good at being a heel and SO good at putting stuff over. Dude's so quick on the draw for making botches in the ring get explained in a kayfabe way.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The Warrior doc was really good. Had to hold back the man tears at the end there.

WWE will only ever want former WWE/WCW guys that went to TNA. Within limits, obviously. They'll never sign a jackass like Matt Morgan again. MAYBE some indie guys, like Eddie Edwards (if he cut himself free of Davey Richards), they'd be interested in.

Guys like Zema Ion, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode? Never.

And Zema Ion seems kinda rad and he's still pretty young too. But WWE can get a dozen guys just like him in a heart beat and that TNA stink is too fuckin' much for Triple H. Dirtsheets said as much.
Kind of a bummer. There's quite a few TNA wrestlers I like, but it's unfortunate they're stuck in such a shitty company. It'd be awesome to see what some TNA folk could do in wwe if given a fair shot.

But then I remember the Invasion angle.

Full schedule for the G1 this year has been announced;

7/21 @ Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center North Sea Kitaeru
7/23 @ Aomori Prefectural Budokan
7/25 @ Yamagata City General Sports Center
7/26 @ Akita Prefectural Gymnasium
7/28 @ Sendai Sun Plaza
7/31 @ Act City Hamamatsu
8/01 @ Tokyo Korakuen Hall
8/03 @ Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium ~BODYMAKER Colosseum~
8/04 @ Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium
8/08 @ Yokohama Bunka Gymnasium
8/10 @ Seibu Dome

That's two more shows than last year! Jeeeeeeezus. No Ryogoku, either. Hope they can sell out the Seibu Dome, 30,000 filling up a baseball stadium for the G1 finals would be epic.

Enuhito thinks there'll be 22 participants this year, which seems like a hell of a lot to me, and would be the biggest G1 they've ever run.

Ric Flair

Banned
Holy shit @ the Vampiro Bash at the Beach "graveyard" match! So fucking funny! Hearing Tony Schiavone mutter "he was in the tree, he was in the tree" after Vampiro jumped out of it made me choke on my water.

clipboard0198kw8.jpg

This woman. <3

“My goal here is to take WWE by storm. I want to interview and wrestle on Raw, SmackDown, pay-per-views, and of course, one day, WrestleMania. I’d even like to have my own show on WWE Network. For me, nothing is off limits. There are big things in store for this little reporter!” - Devin Taylor

Aiii

So not worth it
Full schedule for the G1 this year has been announced;

7/21 @ Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center North Sea Kitaeru
7/23 @ Aomori Prefectural Budokan
7/25 @ Yamagata City General Sports Center
7/26 @ Akita Prefectural Gymnasium
7/28 @ Sendai Sun Plaza
7/31 @ Act City Hamamatsu
8/01 @ Tokyo Korakuen Hall
8/03 @ Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium ~BODYMAKER Colosseum~
8/04 @ Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium
8/08 @ Yokohama Bunka Gymnasium
8/10 @ Seibu Dome

That's two more shows than last year! Jeeeeeeezus. No Ryogoku, either. Hope they can sell out the Seibu Dome, 30,000 filling up a baseball stadium for the G1 finals would be epic.

Enuhito thinks there'll be 22 participants this year, which seems like a hell of a lot to me, and would be the biggest G1 they've ever run.

Very hyped to waste two weeks of my life away with this.

22 might seem like a lot, but with 2 extra nights it makes sense to increase the number.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fuck it
tumblr_mw3yxwZyz71rhly2xo1_r1_500.jpg

Big Boss Man Friday

Boss+Man+entrance.gif

Big Boss Man vs Mankind
Big Boss Man vs Rick Rude
Big Boss Man vs The Mountie

It is with deep regret, and tears that are soaked
I'm sorry to hear that your dad finally croaked
He lived a full life on his own terms
Soon he'll be buried and eaten by worms
But if I could have a son as stupid as you
I would wish for cancer so that I may die to
So be brave and be strong
Get your life back on track
'Cause the old bastard's dead and he ain't never comin' back!

She's pretty, but she's also very bland. Granted she is new and can improve, but she does have previous broadcast experience so there is no reason she should be that stiff on camera.

I do not think she is comfortable in that position. However, the time she was asked to dot tge Adam Rose NXT debut (where was was at his party asking him questions) she seemed great.

She needs more improv in here segments.

tumblr_mzdwnoXRDz1rp79vqo1_250.gif

That is a lot of fucking shows for G1. Gonna be exhuasting not only for the wrestlers but the viewers too.

It's a lot more spaced out this year, though (2013 had 9 shows over 11 days, this one has 11 shows over 20 days), so hopefully there'll be less injuries and less burn-out.

I like women's wrestling, but I've never watched SHINE or SHIMMER. Should I order the SHINE event tomorrow GAF?

Go for it. I've missed the past few SHINE events, but they've always been worth my money in the past. The top 5 matches all look excellent;

. Ivelisse (c) vs Saraya Knight
. Leva Bates & Mia Yim (c) vs Madison Eagles & Evie
. Allysin Kay vs Jessicka Havok
. Mercedes Martinez vs Serena Deep
. Amazing Kong vs Nikki Storm

I'll probably have to catch it on VOD, as the 9PM EST start time makes it difficult for EU viewers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can't believe in 1990 the midcard had promo guys like Jake, Martel, Rude(I think?), Perfect, and Honky Tonk.

What the fuck do we have now. Big E's twitter account, Dean Ambrose's always overrated promos, Dolph Ziggler's IM YELLING SO SERIOUS PROMO promo, uhhhhh

And Macho's RR 1990 outfit gets no respect
RR_01211990_0003.jpg

RR_01211990_0097.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so all the guys called up from NXT just keep their gimicks or have there been changes? Wyatts, Shield, Cesaro, etc are the same right?

'cause those Ascension dudes look kinda cool (in a 90s cheesy kind of way, which I miss :/ )

KissVibes

Banned
so all the guys called up from NXT just keep their gimicks or have there been changes? Wyatts, Shield, Cesaro, etc are the same right?

'cause those Ascension dudes look kinda cool (in a 90s cheesy kind of way, which I miss :/ )

Seems like whatever their last gimmick in NXT is, is what they have when they come up, yeah.

And The Ascension "unfortunately" suck raw sewage running down shit mountain on the hottest summer day in recorded history.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seems like whatever their last gimmick in NXT is, is what they have when they come up, yeah.

And The Ascension "unfortunately" suck raw sewage running down shit mountain on the hottest summer day in recorded history.

oh do they? I only saw a entrance video of them :/ like I said, I liked the cheesy vibe, reminded me of the brood :(

Can't believe in 1990 the midcard had promo guys like Jake, Martel, Rude(I think?), Perfect, and Honky Tonk.

What the fuck do we have now. Big E's twitter account, Dean Ambrose's always overrated promos, Dolph Ziggler's IM YELLING SO SERIOUS PROMO promo, uhhhhh

Big E has an Instagram acct too. Can't leave that out! I hate that there a not many mid card promos, backstage segments or even storylines. Hell, there's not really much of an actual mid card. Just a bunch of dudes having random matches. They really need to do something with character development instead of relying on their announcers to inform the audience.

Edgeward

It does not help that the Ascension havent had a meaningful tag match since they beat Neville/Graves. It has been a murders row of jobbers for months.

McNei1y

Big E has an Instagram acct too. Can't leave that out! I hate that there a not many mid card promos, backstage segments or even storylines. Hell, there's not really much of an actual mid card. Just a bunch of dudes having random matches. They really need to do something with character development instead of relying on their announcers to inform the audience.

This has really bothered me over the years. We don't get any development or meaningful rivalries between mid card wrestlers except for a small storyline here and there (like Cody Rhodes and Sandow last year).

Top Bottom