• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Just go with the original. HL:S is not that good when it comes to bringing HL1 to Source. Black Mesa did a better job with that.

Holy shit, it did not.
BM changes a lot of fundamental things about Half-Life's game mechanics, including damage taken/dealt, ammo capacity for most of weapons, and downright removes many sections of later levels.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
MS's F2P capture the flag-ish ARPG-ish super Japanese game Happy Wars is apparently headed to Steam and accepting beta applications. I mention this not to recommend the game (it's OK, but not really all that special) but in hopes that MS's other F2P 360 multiplayer games (Crash Course; Ascend) get ported to Steam as well.

Holy shit, it did not.
BM changes a lot of fundamental things about Half-Life's game mechanics, including damage taken/dealt, ammo capacity for most of weapons, and downright removes many sections of later levels.

It did a better job of bringing HL1 to Source.

Dr Dogg

God fucking damn it! The one time I didn't have ShadowPlay turned on. Stay tuned for crazy Assassin's Creed IV bugs via pics sadly?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Getting summoned for the Chariot boss in DSII is hilarious sometimes. People are terrible.

is it a gimmick boss? I only tried it once, I was in the room, fighting skeletons, all of a sudden the chariot comes racing and 1 shots me, I had no idea what I could have done

Dr Dogg

Right then so just loaded up my save and was about to hop aboard the Jackdaw, wh.. What?
14036099042_f135c06891_b.jpg

Yep there's just a big biblicalesque hole in the ocean.

So I though no bother I've got stuff to do on this island so ran off in the opposite direction to go have a look and see where my ship is from a higher vantage point when I started to hear cries for help. I turn back around to this.
14036087052_1264a360cf_b.jpg

Seams like my crew had magically spawned when I turned around but not the Jackdaw. Just as I took this there was lots of splashing sounds.
14036074692_f7d7141931_b.jpg

Yes that is a couple of them dead in the back there. Seams they were dropping out of the sky.
14059276273_ef38c460d8_b.jpg

Yep! It was literally raining men. I ran to the nearest view point to see if I could spot where they were falling from but it was so high up i couldn't arc the camera round. By the time I got back to the shore they had all despawned.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Wait I'm going senile seems to be moved to late 2014....close enough I guess.
tumblr_mz1rd0mNxP1t3apmto1_500.gif

I think the devs said they're targeting 2014 Winter, but if it gets delayed to early 2015, then so be it.

At least there's some hope for it to come out this year.

Right then so just loaded up my save and was about to hop aboard the Jackdaw, wh.. What?

Yup, it's been known to happen. This was mine. :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb77v45Soqc

I once saw Jackdaw fall out of the sky when I fast traveled, sucked that I didn't capture it.

what the fuck this is amazing

I really don't understand this glitch but it is really common. I remember once it glitched and the boat was visible but haad no collision whatsoever, so I could not climb it, and could only swim through it.

All the sailors fell through too lol.

That Ubisoft 9000 man team quality.

Benedict

My second giveaway today. Survivor Squad, Pirates of the Black Cove and Zombies might not work. All the rest should be fine.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pirates of Black Cove -- MB-8B92D209ECB58638 - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 9 entrants total.
Greet Black Border -- MB-E85E733BF6467C10 - Taken by Casimir. 3 entrants total.
Survivor Squad -- MB-657C4E5502FAA3B2 - Taken by wazoo. 6 entrants total.
Miner Wars Arena -- MB-EB4DF6809C55F541 - Taken by Evrain. 5 entrants total.
Shattered Horizon -- MB-E90E73810B669B59 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 6 entrants total.
Stellar Impact -- MB-E4E76E1A02830855 - Taken by DocSeuss. 5 entrants total.
Fireburst -- MB-90B9E7DD01E4EFAE - Taken by VikasNarula. 5 entrants total.
BlackSOul: Extended Edition -- MB-74916D769FDB1736 - Taken by Sammichu. 6 entrants total.
AirBuccaneers -- MB-366D9E01B014DEC8
The Showdown Effect -- MB-3C74226AE2903886 - Taken by ShogunX. 2 entrants total.
Future Wars -- MB-7B9F9547D2ED1148 - Taken by Sarcasm. 4 entrants total.
Miner Wars 2081 -- MB-6F4FFDC78FA3147B - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
Dungeons The Dark Lorde -- MB-C3DEC7171F7A14AE - Taken by arts&crafts. 4 entrants total.
Zombies/Corporate Lifestiley Simulator -- MB-6039D2B3172FF8CB - Taken by Daedalos42. 13 entrants total.
Aztaka -- MB-678E1CE71433790A - Taken by spindoctor. 7 entrants total.
Hostile Waters Antaeus Rising -- MB-039BD5C921B2CEDD - Taken by drakaenae. 4 entrants total.

t1398641910z1.png

Dr Dogg

Yup, it's been known to happen. This was mine. :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb77v45Soqc

I once saw Jackdaw fall out of the sky when I fast traveled, sucked that I didn't capture it.

what the fuck this is amazing

That's hilarious, wish you had recorded it.

I really don't understand this glitch but it is really common. I remember once it glitched and the boat was visible but haad no collision whatsoever, so I could not climb it, and could only swim through it.

All the sailors fell through too lol.

That Ubisoft 9000 man team quality.

I've seen the one where it's floating way above the game world and seen it crash out of the sky in Havana but never a massive hole in the ocean of rise up like a zombified ship before. Seeing a the water resets back to level when Kenway jumps in totally fucks with Archimedes' principle or he's the densest thing on the planet.

Ubisoft please never patch this game. The bugs are too hilarious.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
MS's F2P capture the flag-ish ARPG-ish super Japanese game Happy Wars is apparently headed to Steam and accepting beta applications. I mention this not to recommend the game (it's OK, but not really all that special) but in hopes that MS's other F2P 360 multiplayer games (Crash Course; Ascend) get ported to Steam as well.

Thanks for the heads-up. The sign-up page says it's limited to North American residents, but the form itself doesn't ask for any location information beyond selecting either the US or Canada, so hopefully I get a key before any further details are required.

I've seen the one where it's floating way above the game world and seen it crash out of the sky in Havana but never a massive hole in the ocean of rise up like a zombified ship before. Seeing a the water resets back to level when Kenway jumps in totally fucks with Archimedes' principle or he's the densest thing on the planet.

Ubisoft please never patch this game. The bugs are too hilarious.

It definitely is one of the most hilarious glitches. With all Kenway's drinking I'm not surprised if its intentional and reflects his drunken state.

Vibranium

Banned
I thought that Pirates of the Caribbean game had been canceled long ago.

I know you're joking, but man I really wanted Armada of the Damned to come out, it looked like the team was actually taking the license seriously. Combat and polish wasn't all there yet but it could have been good.:(

Pachimari

With all the talk about Dark Souls 2, I only just now started up Demon's Souls for the first time, and still have Dark Souls 1 in my back catalog.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm not sure I would want to know how long it would take to beat all my uncompleted games on Steam. The number would scare me, especially since I always take longer than the "average" How Long To Beat uses due to always wanting to explore and experiment with the game world.

Edit: Thanks for the game Lain, much appreciated.

dream

After forcing myself to play Dark Souls 2 for 5 hours, I think it's dangerously close to starting to click for me...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just played Glitchspace (which is on Early Access, but I got from one of those bundle pages where you could pay $1 for it), and it's entertaining. It's very short (took me about 50 minutes) and it doesn't do a very good job of explaining the mechanics (took me quite a bit to find out how to modify the objects' properties at first). I think this could become something really interesting if it gets expanded a little, because what is there is nice.

After forcing myself to play Dark Souls 2 for 5 hours, I think it's dangerously close to starting to click for me...

That's about how long it took for me too. Played a couple of hours and then abandoned the character and started fresh. Now I'm about 12 hours into the new game and loving every moment.

Dr Dogg

Well I don't know if the glitch monkey is shining on me today as Mass Effect has got so e weird behaviour I haven't seen before. Game runs fine with a single GPU but in SLI is goes a bit bonkers. Asides for some hideous texture flickering (which happens in a fair few games anyway) it actually has massive negative scaling in some areas. No better illustrated than at the Citadel Tower. With a single GPU enabled I get 120fps with plenty of power let to spare but add a second I get 8, yes 8fps. Like a bloody silent movie.

Skyzard

Banned
Impressive titles this year+ to look forward to?

So far I've got down:

GTA V
Watch Dogs
The Division
Dying Light
Grid Autosport
Project Cars

neoemonk

I forgot about GTA V coming to PC.

I'm thinking about picking up Child of Light but I'm going to hold off for now. I might get it on the Wii U, but I'll check some reviews first.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Torment Tides of Numenera (2014?)

That's coming out in 2015, unfortunately. It's on the updates if you scroll down. Completely applicable considering it's "this year+" but just to clarify the actual release date.

We’ll let you know if we ever determine that Torment’s release will be delayed beyond the first half of 2015. Thus far, our extended preproduction has been a very good thing and at this time I don’t anticipate it will push us out of that release date window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom