• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Experience Inc. (Demon Gaze) to announce a Xbox One DRPG tomorrow

Yeah D4 (THIS GAME IS AMAZING!), Psycho-Pass, Chaos;Child, and who knows what else from 5pb, Crimson Dragon, and now whatever this is.

Sony's got crap so far. Knack doesn't count.

...Bloodborne? Although IIRC the japanese didn't like Demon Souls.

SerTapTap

Yeah D4 (THIS GAME IS AMAZING!), Psycho-Pass, Chaos;Child, and who knows what else from 5pb, Crimson Dragon, and now whatever this is.

Sony's got crap so far. Knack doesn't count. I guess one cross-gen Yakuza game.

Dragon quest heros, Tomorrow's Children, that Yakuza game, Disgaea 5, Bloodborne, unannounced NIS game (unless that got announced), like 3 compile heart games, more I'm sure I'm forgetting from TGS. Xbox is mostly just following up on the publishers that already had stronger presences on Xbox last gen (shmup devs, apparently these guys, hadn't heard of 'em until demon gaze)

Ryuukan

Good to know Neptunia and Persona have left the otaku closet

Takao

Banned

Sony's got crap so far. Knack doesn't count.

Those will sell like 100k combined.

The non-MS published stuff will probably see releases elsewhere too. That was the case last gen and I can't see that 30k userbase changing that.

SerTapTap

Those will sell like 100k combined.

The non-MS published stuff will probably see releases elsewhere too. That was the case last gen and I can't see that 30k userbase changing that.

I wonder if they'll cater to import this time around, given Xbox One's low JP userbase, high US userbase and lack of region protection. It's certainly more import-friendly right off the bat.

Rymuth

Trolling? Because I'm not sure...you're one of the few I can't quite tell with. Because if you're counting this when it hasn't come out, I think it's only fair to list what Sony's got that hasn't come out yet.

Nice. MS putting in more work than Sony at trying to get that Japanese support.

In the time I've been lurking GAF, I still don't understand you. Surely this is just sarcasm. Surely. You mention Sony in every single comment you make about Microsoft.

Anyways, OT: I'm curious to see what this is. Unfortunately it will likely never be brought overseas

mejin

YS, Persona 5, Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, Yakuza, One Piece, God Eater 2, Senran Kagura, Brave Fencer F were announce for PS4 on Sony's Pre-TGS Press.

SerTapTap

In the time I've been lurking GAF, I still don't understand you. Surely this is just sarcasm. Surely. You mention Sony in every single comment you make about Microsoft.

Anyways, OT: I'm curious to see what this is. Unfortunately it will likely never be brought overseas

I dunno, they brought Demon Gaze over (with NISA anyway), and the Vita is stronger in Japan than the US. It would be pretty crazy to limit yourself to only Xbox One sales in Japan, and if MS is footing the bill it's nice for them to have some Japanese exclusives for the west too--D4 has had some great word of mouth here.

Unfortunately unlike highly import-friendly shmups this will probably be unplayable for most western fans if they don't localize it though. Or it'd at least require a big thick guide on WTF to do in it.

nynt9

YS, Persona 5, Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, Yakuza, One Piece, God Eater 2, Senran Kagura, Brave Fencer F were announce for PS4 on Sony's Pre-TGS Press.

Where we're going we don't need facts! Also ignoring Deep Down, Omega Quintet, Croixleur Sigma, Prismatic Solid and a bunch of others.

On Topic:

Demon Gaze was possibly the worst dungeon crawler I've played.

SerTapTap

Where we're going we don't need facts! Also ignoring Deep Down, Omega Quintet, Croixleur Sigma, Prismatic Solid and a bunch of others.

On Topic:

Demon Gaze was possibly the worst dungeon crawler I've played.

woah woah woah since when is Croixleur Sigma coming over? More content? Without the impossible to fix tearing the PC version has?!

CrovaxPSO

Man, lots of people hating on Demon Gaze. Why didn't you like it? The only problem I had with it was that it was pretty easy even with the difficulty turned up.

FF14 PS4
Natural Doctrine PS3/PSV/PS4
Yakuza Ishin PS4/PS3
Akibas Trip PS3/4
Disgaea 5 PS4
Dragon Quest Heroes PS4/PS3
Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair PS4
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force PS4
God Eater 2: Rage Burst PS4/Vita
Hot Shot Golf PS4
Persona 5 PS4/PS3
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus PS4/Vita
Summer Lesson PS4
Touhou PS4/Vita
Ys 8 PS4/Vita
Bloodborne PS4
Guilty Gear Xrd PS4/PS3
Gundam PS4
Let It Die PS4
Omega Quintet PS4
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 PS4/PS3/Vita
Onechanbara Z2: Chaos PS4
The Tomorrow Children PS4
Yakuza 0 PS4/PS3

Ryuukan

Man, lots of people hating on Demon Gaze. Why didn't you like it? The only problem I had with it was that it was pretty easy even with the difficulty turned up.

DOS 486 PC interface
Poor explanation of literally everything gameplay-wise
Labyrinth floors cluttered with "Pinay Sexy Moe *huff* *huff*" notes

Sitrus

DOS 486 PC interface

1. A staple of these DRPGs unfortunately. You almost have to find a guide for them.
2. Same
3. User notes show what players like the most :)

CrovaxPSO

DOS 486 PC interface

I thought the interface was fine (and leagues better than Labyrinth Cross Blood). It didn't seem any better or worse than any other RPG interface. As for explanation stuff, I played the Japanese release so I can't really speak to that.

And unless I'm wrong, aren't the notes in the dungeon user-written?

Dude, Persona 5... That's not "crap."

SerTapTap

All I see are boobs

I think I want to buy this

hmmm, not for $40

Waiting for $20 myself

DOS 486 PC interface

It's not really a genre that has had nor needed a major overhaul in UI design, much like non-DRPG turn-based games. It's all just menus. Not much you can paradigm shift in the core UI.

Not sure what you mean user notes, like the Dark Souls Messages stuff? Never been a fan of that stuff since Wii U started shoving it in every game, I try to turn it off if possible.

Noice. Love it on PC though like I said, tearing.

Silky

Banned

Aside from it being piss easy, it was also a boring, unoriginal slog of shit compared to other DRPGs

Top Bottom