• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Experience Inc. (Demon Gaze) to announce a Xbox One DRPG tomorrow

Bloodrage

Banned
Yeah D4 (THIS GAME IS AMAZING!), Psycho-Pass, Chaos;Child, and who knows what else from 5pb, Crimson Dragon, and now whatever this is.

Sony's got crap so far. Knack doesn't count. I guess one cross-gen Yakuza game.
That's funny seeing how Persona 5 is better than all the crap you just listed. Also looks like you "forgot" all about Microsoft's nonexistent presence at TGS.

Here, allow me to refresh your memory.

Bloodborne
Guilty Gear Xrd
Ys PS4
Dragon Quest Heroes PS4
Deep Down PS4
Disgaea 5 PS4
God Eater PS4
Inferno Climber PS4
Hot Shots Golf PS4
Earth Defense Force PS4

Ryuukan

I actually found the menus in Etrian Odyssey really annoying. I also didn't play any EO games until after I played Demon Gaze and Cross Blood. Just depends on what you're used to, I guess.

Not showing effective stat changes when highlighting equipment in 2014, unforgivable

Percy

Banned
Yeah D4 (THIS GAME IS AMAZING!), Psycho-Pass, Chaos;Child, and who knows what else from 5pb, Crimson Dragon, and now whatever this is.

Sony's got crap so far. Knack doesn't count. I guess one cross-gen Yakuza game.

Holy shit lol... Has to be a joke post.

Tain

Jomjom didn't even mention Raiden V! Now there's an Xbox One exclusive that will obviously be better than Persona 5.

PS4's got an Iuchi shooter in the works though soooo

That's funny seeing how Persona 5 is better than all the crap you just listed. Also looks like you "forgot" all about Microsoft's nonexistent presence at TGS.

Here, allow me to refresh your memory.

Bloodborne
Guilty Gear Xrd
Ys PS4
Dragon Quest Heroes PS4
Deep Down PS4
Disgaea 5 PS4
God Eater PS4
Inferno Climber PS4
Hot Shots Golf PS4
Earth Defense Force PS4

As far as personal preferences go, I think Persona 5 is going to be a lot better than everything else on that PS4 list also. :p

Persona games are, without a doubt, killer apps.

Bsigg12

Hope that the game comes over

i'm sure MS would love to trade this game for Persona 5

I wonder what it would take for it to come to the Xbox One? Atlus has been putting pretty much everything out recently on the 360 so I wonder if there's a chance it happens. If it's published by Sega, I think that ups the chances.

It's funny because Atlus USA hasn't announced/updated their site to show it coming to the PS4 for the US yet.

Hexa

He insult your waifu?

BzmnZcK.gif

On a more related topic, I'm sad this isn't on Vita, but I look forward to seeing it nevertheless.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Nice. MS putting in more work than Sony at trying to get that Japanese support.

lol no. thats not what it is since i can personally say that the producer has always been interested in the ms consoles and not ms somehow macically helping them.

Zhao_Yun

I don't understand everything they are saying but apparently the new title is called "Samurai of the Round Table" and they are asking the users what kind of game they would prefer it to be?

Parakeetman

I don't understand everything they are saying but apparently the new title is called "Samurai of the Round Table" and they are asking the users what kind of game they would prefer it to be?

oh shit its going on right now?

CrovaxPSO

Yeah, they had some technical problems. just reload if the stream stops.

edit: oh noes, seems like the stream crashed.

Yeah, got nothing over here either. At the start did they show anything at all? I came in as they were already asking these questions.

Parakeetman

yep died again apparently lol.

interesting that the fans want either simulation or doing what they always do. thank god for that.

i bet the play time 100 hours would have topped everything.

Zhao_Yun

Yeah, got nothing over here either. At the start did they show anything at all? I came in as they were already asking these questions.

No they didn't show anything. They announced the title and went on with the questions to the audience. My Japanese is not that good but I think they said that the game is still at a very early development stage and it's therefore still possible to take some wishes of their fans into account (therefore the questions). As I said, I might be wrong though.

edit: stream runs again. Just reload.

CrovaxPSO

No they didn't show anything. They announced the title and went on with the questions to the audience. My Japanese is not that good but I think they said that the game is still at a very early development stage and it's therefore still possible to take some wishes of their fans into account (therefore the questions). As I said, I might be wrong though.

That's the impression I got as well. It must be pretty early if they're able to ask these kind of questions. It's pretty cool that they're asking and taking down notes.

Parakeetman

That's the impression I got as well. It must be pretty early if they're able to ask these kind of questions. It's pretty cool that they're asking and taking down notes.

They know for the most part that their consumerbase is the hardcore thats why, so generally making something they want to buy multiple copies of like me with Stranger... lol

reriel

So what ended up being revealed?

Apparently the new Xbox One game is called Samurai of the Round Table, a Student of Round spin-off set on the Nei race world. They didn't show the game, it's on the early stages (around 2%) and they don't have yet decided if it'll be a dungeon rpg, just some kind of rpg.

cj_iwakura

Aside from it being piss easy, it was also a boring, unoriginal slog of shit compared to other DRPGs

I wouldn't go that far, but it sure isn't as great as people would have you believe. And the fan service is EXTREMELY off-putting from the guys who did classier stuff like Gen Xth and Stranger of the Village of the Sword(or whatever).

While JomJom's list is incomplete and doesn't contain many of the Japanese games coming to XB1, it's foolish to say the PS4 has crap. Sony announced many Japanese games at their pre-TGS conference and I mean c'mon the PS4 has Persona 5 and Bloodborne!

Basically, the XB1 has very decent support in Japan considering it's position over there, but it isn't comparable to the PS4 lineup in terms of sheer numbers. Quality is debatable, but the PS4 isn't lacking there either with P5/Bloodborne/Ys.

Hexa

Apparently the new Xbox One game is called Samurai of the Round Table, a Student of Round spin-off set on the Nei race world. They didn't show the game, it's on the early stages (around 2%) and they don't have yet decided if it'll be a dungeon rpg, just some kind of rpg.

Student of Round came out for Xbox 360, PC, and PSP. So there's hope for a Vita version. Woot!

Parakeetman

I wouldn't go that far, but it sure isn't as great as people would have you believe. And the fan service is EXTREMELY off-putting from the guys who did classier stuff like Gen Xth and Stranger of the Village of the Sword(or whatever).

Off putting to you more like it seeing how much you were complaining in the OT about the game design and fanservice. :D

The fan service is not nearly as bad as other titles out there Moe Chronicles being quite possibly on worst side of the spectrum with all of the overly obvious things including the vita rubbing action, then Dungeon Travelers goes in after that just due to the various scenes in the game with the characters / bosses defeated.

Chikami-san the producer knows that the fan service stuff is not as popular in the west and things like stranger of sword city would be better accepted. but overall they are creating games they want to and for the fans domestically first. as that is their main focus. and basically its all the companies who do localizing of titles are the ones who show up and bring things to the west. So things are not going to change with that any time soon.

Student of Round came out for Xbox 360, PC, and PSP. So there's hope for a Vita version. Woot!

The only way it would get locked as MS only would be if MS actually shelled out partially for the development and do know the producer is familiar with the sales trends and such, so most def in the future Id imagine to see a Vita version with various improvements made. They might go the usual route of Xbox / PC / Vita. Since am not familiar with the current MO of MS (for the XBO) is here in Japan do not know what their general stance will be at this point in time with trying to buy up exclusives. One thing for sure is they dont have a crazy budget like they did with the 360 initially.

Top Bottom