• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Captain Toad info on playable characters, more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karkador

Banned
Then again, I believe I'm living in a society that takes great care of gender equality. So all of this feminism bullshit is pretty ridiculous to me. It seems like a few people can't accept that males and females actually are not the same. But that's another discussion and putting that into relation with Captain Toad is, well,...you know.

Again, you speak for yourself. Other people had different opinions. Congrats on showboating your ignorance anyway.

I can already see the reviews for Captain Toad incoming:
"The game does not allow you to play as a red-haired, black, transsexual (whose working in a kindergarten) - 4/10"
"Coming from a Japanese company, Captain Toad features a whole portfolio of racism. As all characters show resemblance of Caucasians and none look similar to Japanese or Black people, it appears as if Nintendo wants to send out a message: White people only care about money, symbolised by a golden star - 2/10"

And what a showboat it is

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Oh god this is turning into a gender discussion with probably the most gender-progressive major video game developer (in its games, not necessarily in staffing).

Fuck you guys.

Shiggy

Again, you speak for yourself. Other people had different opinions. Congrats on showboating your ignorance anyway.

And what a showboat it is

What is wrong with those comments? Isn't it just as discriminatory? You can't just cherry-pick some supposedly existing feminism issue in Captain Toad and then neglect these. Otherwise you aren't any better than the developers of this titLe.

udivision

irnbi6401Ot6O.png

This pic summarizes the thread.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
I'm glad that an innocuous comment caused a bunch of you to lose your goddamned minds and ruin the thread, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom