• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
What holiday is it in argieland?

Edit: I love when in rains in LA.

i live near a lot of like "college schools" (basically in argieland you don't go away to college, you just have a lot of schools for like being a lawyer, doctor, etc. right here in the city) and it's election days for like student council there so people get really drunk and yell and sing and play music and are generally really loud lol

i usually don't mind but i got a headache tonight

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You should try using my "laptop"

It's (well, probably was now) quicker for me to sign into my PC via Remote Desktop and load up Fireworks than it is load it up on my laptop directly.

Wow, I never knew that (since I never bought 10 games at once :p). Why do they do that? To prevent what?

He means 10 separate transactions. You can buy more than 10 things at once just fine.

Volimar

Mother of God...

EHTQNXZ.jpg

I saw the devil...

Looks like my SSD decided to kick the bucket overnight. Using a regular HDD for Windows is going to be a hellish experience.

Yeah once I went SSD for Windows, I'm afraid to go back to regular HDD...even at 7200 RPM.

Also, I'm glad I don't have Bad Rats...which sets me up for something cruel.

JaseC

Yeah once I went SSD for Windows, I'm afraid to go back to regular HDD...even at 7200 RPM.

Fortunately I didn't lose much important data. I've been applying for jobs left, right and centre, so my current resume is stored in a million different places, but what I do know I've lost is my giant Winamp playlist that'll take hours to put together again and some photos of my late Alaskan Malamute. I think I'll finally make myself a Dropbox account.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
...you know, I shouldn't even bother talking about RPGs anymore. I think I'm probably better off just keeping my opinions to myself.

Talk about your passion! I realize my opinions aren't always in the popular opinions, and I will admit it has crossed my mind to sometimes hold myself from talking about horror games I don't think many others care about, but expressing your opinions, sharing your enthusiasm or distaste for something, though keeping an open and welcome mind to outside thoughts and opinions, can be a wonderful thing. If I didn't talk about all these horror games here every once in a while, or my unique take on them, who else here would? Everyone has thoughts and opinions, some may debate or disagree with you, but you have a right to express it here in a well-established manner. You may be challenged, but that's part of the fun I think, and if you present your opinion in a interesting way, it can be interesting for others to read, even if they disagree.

It's up to you, but I think one of the best things about a forum outside of expressing your own thoughts are reading the thoughts of others, one shouldn't feel the need to keep opinions on a game on a message board about games.

Fortunately I didn't lose much important data. I've been applying for jobs left, right and centre, so my current resume is stored in a million different places, but what I do know I've lost is my giant Winamp playlist that'll take hours to put together again and some photos of my late Alaskan Malamute. I think I'll finally make myself a Dropbox account.

Mna that sucks. I do have external HDDs in case something like that happens. When it comes to cloud storage, I do have Google Drive and a Box account that holds up to 50GB cloud storage,

Did they fix Risk of Rain yet? I wanna try it, but I heard the last patch broke the game :p

Same thing with Civ 5. Totally borked multiplayer for me.

Be aware of hackers my friend Jasec: you are now a celebrity. We don't wanan hear about (see) a jasaoirsec gate or kening. lol.

Anteater

cerberus is still as intense as ever as the first boss

can you still launch the game from steam and everything?

i'd be interested in playing dmc3 again maybe if it worked without too much hassle

yep could launch from steam and the overlay thing still works

I think there are some performance issues with the sound, I saw framerate drops but not sure if it's specific to certain bgm, I was too busy getting my ass kicked to notice though >.>

JaseC

Mna that sucks. I do have external HDDs in case something like that happens. When it comes to cloud storage, I do have Google Drive and a Box account that holds up to 50GB cloud storage,

Yeah, after the Winter Sale I plan on buying a 3TB external to replace the full 1TB one I have that will then become a backup drive, but my luck being what it is, of course my SSD couldn't wait until then to die.

Be aware of hackers my friend Jasec: you are now a celebrity. We don't wanan hear about (see) a jasaoirsec gate or kening. lol.

I just send nudes to myself. :p

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently my neighbors are also having a party

damn people i just want to chill and watch a movie

cerberus is still as intense as ever as the first boss

yep could launch from steam and the overlay thing still works

I think there are some performance issues with the sound, I saw framerate drops but not sure if it's specific to certain bgm, I was too busy getting my ass kicked to notice though >.>
that's pretty encouraging

i might have to grab it one of these days

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan -- MB-814417E984035678 - Taken by sensoft04

This is still available too
Larva Mortus -- MB-0028E5C281B2ED67 - Taken by sensoft04

These popped up in my inventory a couple of days ago. Guess it was because I bought Valve Complete Pack on GMG.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cozmogramma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Half-Life 2 -- MB-6D7E8915D4D52B6A - Taken by Majukun. 12 entrants total.
Half-Life 2 Episode 1 -- MB-C843AFD0344FE00C - Taken by Asharakk. 6 entrants total.

t1414926258z1.png

Knurek

jHvBOTN.png

So a reminder that the 2nd SteamGAF GOTY awards will be hitting December/January, it's a good idea to finish off any games that you feel have potential that were released this year.
If you have any pointers then please give a shout, more info in the future will come on how to vote.

MRORANGE, how about making two awards?
One for games released in 2014 on Steam, and another for games people played in 2014?
As you might've gathered from your 52/year thread a lot of us are playing our backlogged games. Would be lovely if we could honor them as well. :)

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
One for games released in 2014 on Steam, and another for games people played in 2014?
As you might've gathered from your 52/year thread a lot of us are playing our backlogged games. Would be lovely if we could honor them as well. :)

This is a good idea.
I, due to financial and other constraints don't get to play all new releases, so something like this might be a good idea.

Milamber

The second award would then include games from every year. Why not make it 2013 games played in 2014 and so on?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Well, the disposable funds I set aside for the Winter sale are gone. :/ Ah well, I get a functioning piano out of it.

JaseC

Is it not possible to duel certain enemies in Styx when you're playing on Goblin? I'm trying to get the "Dose of His Own Medicine" achievement, which requires you to kill a torturer in a duel, but he just picks me up and slices my throat.

Edit: The game allows you to change the difficulty level on-the-fly. Reducing it to Normal did the trick.

Fun fact: For her role in Byzantium, she learned how to play Beethoven's Piano Sonata Op. 2, No. 3 in 12 weeks.

Arthea

5 hours into Strata and counting. cant wait for 6x6 square tables..

just wanted to say: LYNE > Strata > Hexcells

(dont flame, its just supposed to show which i enjoy the most. if you enjoyed any of the mentioned above, you should totally still play the other two)

thanks to your post, I couldn't resist and started strata yesterday. It's a brilliant game, indeed.
We had so many great puzzle games this year, I feel that I mostly played them, probably true too. I hope the trend continues. If we had Peggle 2 on PC this year too, it would have been the year of puzzling.

I don't necessary think you can compare LYNE to other two, because it is much more zen game than puzzle game. I like it, of course, a lot even, but for different reasons.

Arthea

As I'm talking puzzle games, the Room is still a king, though! I'm worried that there are no signs of other game coming to steam.

I finished two more puzzle games, so short reviews:

Lexica is a word game, but it has elements of Picross and Sudoku, concept is nice and fresh. It's a simple port of an iOS game and it shows, but with a game like this, there is no much reason to rework interface, mouse implementation is good, though.
Funny fact, it takes a word game to show us our ignorance. I'm so bad at animal names, it's funny. Oh, I can recognize a bird when I see one, or mammal or fish, but that's about it. Of all animal names used in this game I knew maybe two, that made me stuck quite a few times (><)

Season Match interesting take on match game, rather short and sweet. Be warned, that timer is brutal sometimes, thankfully it has infinite time mode.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Fun fact: For her role in Byzantium, she learned how to play Beethoven's Piano Sonata Op. 2, No. 3 in 12 weeks.

Another fun fact: Charlie Sheen cannot play the piano, but made ~$48 million per year pretending he could on the final years of Two and a Half men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom