• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Pre-launch Trailer

saintjules

Not really sure which thread to place this, but just got a kickstarter email with regards to providing shipping details. $6USD for shipping (price may vary).

Shipping Checkout is Open

Shipping Selection is now live. Backers can now complete the shipping confirmation process and pay for the shipping of their game. We urge you to complete this checkout as soon as possible to prevent any delay of shipment.

Link

Last edited:

bumpkin

Looks like the Switch physical release is getting delayed in NA and Europe. Good thing I've pre-ordered the PS5 physical. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

But will this affect people who didn’t back it on KS? I remember people buying copies of Battle Chasers Nightwar, Yooka Laylee, and Bloodstained at retail stores before I got my copies of each in the mail. That shit pissed me off (as a backer).

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Game pass day one. What a treat.

Suikoden 2 is in my top 10 ever made. Hope this is even half as good.

Deerock71

But will this affect people who didn’t back it on KS? I remember people buying copies of Battle Chasers Nightwar, Yooka Laylee, and Bloodstained at retail stores before I got my copies of each in the mail. That shit pissed me off (as a backer).
It will clearly affect those that didn't back it. They're not getting a digital copy. I better start combing through my emails.

saintjules

never played it, only played a few JRPGs, like chrono trigger and ff7

For me personally Suiko 1 is arguably the best in the series. I found that 3 started the decline. Switching to 3D just never felt right for the franchise as a whole. That's why I'm excited for Hundred Heroes. Seems like it's back to form of what I & II stood for.

The music, story and battles in Suiko 1 all hit at once. Not a lot of JRPGs can pull it off imo. I love the Free-Will feature in the battles. Never have I had a feeling of such an adrenaline rush in combat.

Non-spoilery battle scene (4:11:25)

Last edited:

Deerock71

Not really sure which thread to place this, but just got a kickstarter email with regards to providing shipping details. $6USD for shipping (price may vary).

Link
Well, I got that email, and I forgot my password. I filled in my email and they haven't sent me anything about resetting my password. If nothing has changed, do I even need to worry?

bumpkin

It will clearly affect those that didn't back it. They're not getting a digital copy. I better start combing through my emails.
I wasn’t referring to the digital copy. I was referring to how physical copies are allocated.

With the three campaigns I mentioned, it seemed like freebies (for backers) took the backseat to new prospective customers. The games were in stores before any backers got copies in the mail. Battle Chasers was the worst, I think it was a good six weeks after release until I finally got my hard copy.

Last edited:

saintjules

Well, I got that email, and I forgot my password. I filled in my email and they haven't sent me anything about resetting my password. If nothing has changed, do I even need to worry?

They do ask you confirm the shipping of the item and paying the $6USD. So I'd definitely check for that. But if you did then all good.

Last edited:

Deerock71

They do ask you confirm the shipping of the item and paying the $6USD. So I'd definitely check for that. But if you did then all good.
Just paid my 6 bones and got confirmed for my free Switch digital copy. I'll be joining y'all at the launch party! (mebbe I'll keep my physical copy sealed when it gets here)

Physical edition just shipped from Yetee

Its Happening GIF by MOODMAN

Boneless

So how does this work with a 100 heroes to choose from? I already find it difficult in FF7R to use all characters and that only has 7 or so.

saintjules

So how does this work with a 100 heroes to choose from? I already find it difficult in FF7R to use all characters and that only has 7 or so.

Pretty much it will be like how the Suikoden series does it is my guess.

Each Character you initially meet up with will have conditions on acquiring them. Some will join the party automatically, others will have requirements. Finding an item or doing a sidequest. Something like that.

Obviously you can choose who you jive with most and play with them for as long as you want, along with ones that are forced on you for certain parts of the story. I personally will only play a select number of Characters that I connect with the most and that's it.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

Looks like the Switch physical release is getting delayed in NA and Europe. Good thing I've pre-ordered the PS5 physical. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Wasn't this the game the devs were hoping to put on the Switch successor? Something about it been a next gen game despite its 2D aesthitcs (iirc)

Wouldn't be surprised if they were forced to launch on Switch and thus gave the Switch version less attention

Deerock71

Wasn't this the game the devs were hoping to put on the Switch successor? Something about it been a next gen game despite its 2D aesthitcs (iirc)

Wouldn't be surprised if they were forced to launch on Switch and thus gave the Switch version less attention
Here's all you need to know about the Switch and HD2D:
tom hardy bane GIF

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member

I think they were under the impression Switch 2 would've been released by the time Eiyuden was ready but we got a DS situation on our hands.

Rat Rage

On closer inspection, I don't like the look of it. Flat 2D sprites, 3D backgrounds, 3D effects, those cheap-looking puppet animations that are reminicent of mobile game graphics (although a bit more complex I guess) just doesn't fit well together.

I think they got baited into this godawful "2D HD" garbage trend that started with Octopath Traveler.

Pallas

Gold Member
On closer inspection, I don't like the look of it. Flat 2D sprites, 3D backgrounds, 3D effects, those cheap-looking puppet animations that are reminicent of mobile game graphics (although a bit more complex I guess) just doesn't fit well together.

I think they got baited into this godawful "2D HD" garbage trend that started with Octopath Traveler.
Cary Elwes Laughing GIF

Davevil

giphy.gif

Top Bottom