• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Pre-launch Trailer

Ce'Nedra

Neo Member
I am hating you all because I want to play it so badly, but not very into the mood to waste 90 bucks for a deluxe version with 2 pre-release play. Even so I am very tempted...

On closer inspection, I don't like the look of it. Flat 2D sprites, 3D backgrounds, 3D effects, those cheap-looking puppet animations that are reminicent of mobile game graphics (although a bit more complex I guess) just doesn't fit well together.

I think they got baited into this godawful "2D HD" garbage trend that started with Octopath Traveler.

SlimeGooGoo SlimeGooGoo Alt 👀👀👀

linkent

Does this get PS4->PS5 free upgrade for Physical disc?

There is only 1 option for digital, it should be for both version right?
Gonna platinum this twice.

Playing this right now on Switch :messenger_sunglasses:

I'm so jealous

Blah Blah Blah Day GIF

Last edited:
How does it play on the Switch?

Unicorn Overlord is able to run great on Switch. Don't see any reason why this game can't run well.

I know you said you've been playing the game on Switch.

Doesn’t feel great, I’m not a tech-y guy but the more open areas feel very stuttery, like it’s constantly running under 30 fps (or maybe at 30 fps with really bad scrolling pacing or something? I’m not sure how to explain). It’s highlighted by the game feeling great when you’re in a building or other smaller area. Then we’ve got 3-5 second loads in to and out of random battles (in 2024…) and it just feels clunky.

Doesn’t feel great, I’m not a tech-y guy but the more open areas feel very stuttery, like it’s constantly running under 30 fps (or maybe at 30 fps with really bad scrolling pacing or something? I’m not sure how to explain). It’s highlighted by the game feeling great when you’re in a building or other smaller area. Then we’ve got 3-5 second loads in to and out of random battles (in 2024…) and it just feels clunky.

Were you playing on Handheld or Docked?

Also is it the demo or the full game?

Sorry for the constant questions, I'm just curious

I'm fine with 30 FPS though

There's supposed to be a day 1 patch, right?
Maybe! I honestly haven’t been following too close. And again it’s not terrible, it’s definitely playable as is, it just doesn’t have that nice smooth game feel of something like Unicorn Overlord or Octopath 2.

Pallas

Gold Member
There's supposed to be a day 1 patch, right?
Yeah there’s supposedly some bad bugs in the game, they suggest against playing it too early and wait for the patch. I think it’s suppose to go out before the game releases for the backers who get it a few days early.

Deerock71

I'm in the mines...and I seem hopelessly stuck. I've been pushing these carts around everywhere, and there's one that behaved differently when I ran it into a rock. When the dust settled, the rock was still there and my cart disappeared. Am I screwed?
Up7N9wy.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom