• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Actually thinking about it no more GamerGate thread, no more Console Warz threads, no more over hyped games threads, no more downgreadation threads, no more stupid power level threads or the such like to scroll past to find the few threads I frequent. Don't know if that says more about me or the majority of conversation on GAF?

I think it just means we're gettin' old, dawg Dogg.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Will take some adjusting, but I'll be honest... I hardly ever look at the community subforum.

Though this allows us to make more topics about individual games not in Gaming since this thread was being used mostly to post news on PC gaming in general.

Copons

your new cat is a harbinger if ill tidings, friend

You know, before, when I said to you that I was putting meat in the freezer, I kinda meant I was covering my avatar-cat with cling film, so maybe, just maybe, my subconscious knew about it and was trying to get rid of her before it was too late. Sadly, she found the cling film amusing enough to bite her way through it. :(

Arthea

Moving to Community is the best thing ever. Means I never have to visit the main gaming page again. Now every single thread that I visit regularly is a community thread (either Gaming or OT).

not really, no
and not because community is wasteland, but because there is no other steam thread, only this one, meaning if you aren't fine with blog posts and pages of quoted gifs, actresses talk and such, you no longer can even complain, or reason, or go elsewhere! It's nightmare coming to life, mark my word.

What I wonder about Hatoful Boyfriend.

Is it really a competent VN, that just replaced actual waifus with pidgeons or is it more like some silly VN, that doesnt make any sense?

Knurek

So, can we have normal numbered threads instead of this insane monthly idea back?
It's not like mods (or anyone for that matter) care about Community... >_>

Ban Puncher

Game related threads go in Community.

Crazy opinion pieces and shrieking about frames per second go in Gaming.

y2OIn7M.gif

Knurek

What I wonder about Hatoful Boyfriend.

Is it really a competent VN, that just replaced actual waifus with pidgeons or is it more like some silly VN, that doesnt make any sense?

It's actually a pretty good post-human story.
Way better than Deus Ex: HR was.
Have not played both games yet

Dr Dogg

I think it just means we're gettin' old, dawg Dogg.

Older perhaps. That or the influx of new peeps after the new consoles got announced made coherent discussion here for me about as enjoyable as flossing with barbed wire.

So, can we have normal numbered threads instead of this insane monthly idea back?
It's not like mods (or anyone for that matter) care about Community... >_>

We go through 2 a month as is. By the end of the year it would be Steam OT XXXIII | More sequels than Halloween

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Actually thinking about it no more GamerGate thread, no more Console Warz threads, no more over hyped games threads, no more downgreadation threads, no more stupid power level threads or the such like to scroll past to find the few threads I frequent. Don't know if that says more about me or the majority of conversation on GAF?

Are you saying you didn't enjoy the multitude of "Does anyone else like/hate 'x'" threads?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just noticed that the pre-order promo image for Ardennes Assault (CoH 2 expansion) states in no uncertain terms that the pre-order incentive DLC will be available post-launch. I can scratch that off my pre-order list, then. Thanks for the honesty, Sega. ;)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Actual Spoilers for Hatoful Boyfriend:
The game actually has a very dark and intelligent storyline that is both meta-commentary on world affairs, gaming, visual novels, and more, and pokes fun while also intelligently creates a plot on the fact time keeps on resetting for you to go with different bird paths, as well as dark turns as it turns out each bird is related to some kind of insane situation. An infamous example, if you go for the doctor character you're going to end up becoming his surgical play puppet and have your intestines ripped out as he coyingly teases you that you must of wanted this to go for him, everything pointed to the fact he was a psychopath that was murdering students in secret and that he mailed you and you ate one of the students, yet you still went for him and ignored all the warning signals. And that's only the tip of the iceberg, there's actually a really in-depth reason why everyone but you are birds and more.

Knurek

We go through 2 a month as is. By the end of the year it would be Steam OT XXXIII | More sequels than Halloween

One and a half, more like.
I'm talking more about things like GOG threads, neither of which broke 10 pages.
(But a single, undying Steam thread would be good as well).

MUnited83

For you.
Welp, I see we were moved to community. One more of many terrible decisions made lately. I don't know what the hell the mods are thinking, but whatever. This and the OT on release date are completely terrible policies. The only thing that this last rules accomplishes is either a shitload of threads popping up about the game and making the front forum a mess with lots of threads discussing the exact same game, or eliminating any hype a game without a marketing could have.

Chariot

Welp, I see we were moved to community. One more of many terrible decisions made lately. I don't know what the hell the mods are thinking, but whatever. This and the OT on release date are completely terrible policies. The only thing that this last rules accomplishes is either a shitload of threads popping up about the game and making the front forum a mess with lots of threads discussing the exact same game, or eliminating any hype a game without a marketing could have.
What is the reasoning for the latter anyways?

derExperte

I'm on mobile so I have to ask, are these all threads that have also been left to rot in community?

Yes, they're obviously trying to revive Community, it's a major change affecting almost everyone. So if it doesn't work they'll have to reverse it.

Dr Dogg

Are you saying you didn't enjoy the multitude of "Does anyone else like/hate 'x'" threads?

Hahaha I get that we're on a discussion board and that pretty much no topic is taboo on GAF in the realm of gaming (and those that are get stamped down quickly) but sometimes the quality of threads appearing on the front page serve nothing but to wear out my scroll wheel.

One and a half, more like.
I'm talking more about things like GOG threads, neither of which broke 10 pages.
(But a single, undying Steam thread would be good as well).

D'oh! Yeah that probably makes more sense as the GOG thread will probably have legs to keep it on the front page of Community (even saying that makes feel weird *shudder*). With the amount of (in)action this side gets you'd probably end up with 2 GOG threads on the same page for a while.

Arthea

D'oh! Yeah that probably makes more sense as the GOG thread will probably have legs to keep it on the front page of Community (even saying that makes feel weird *shudder*). With the amount of (in)action this side gets you'd probably end up with 2 GOG threads on the same page for a while.

That's a scary thought! if gog thread is moved to community, I'll never be able to find it again! I have hard time finding it already, when they make a new thread.

Minsc

Gold Member
Sorry for the rough wake up, but as you can see we're trying something new. Less general-platform-type year-round (via repeating monthly / when needed or just staying yearly in a thread), all-encompassing threads in Gaming, more actual specific, this is happening right now type gaming threads. Community isn't supposed to be a dead place where threads go to disappear, so maybe this will liven up the Community forums as well.

What is the reasoning for the latter anyways?
Destiny was on to |OT2| before the game even came out was one part of it (it also was far from the only Destiny thread in gaming) and the fact there isn't much to discuss before the game is out.

In the thread where it was announced a number of people did protest about the on release date part of the rule (things along the lines of; what happens if the person making the thread won't be able to upload it then, what happens if another member gets inpatient and makes their own |OT|...which was already saw with Bayonetta 1 and what about people who get the game a day early, as commonly happens in Europe).

derExperte

captureazpek.png

That's some high quality material.

Perhaps all this thread shuffling is merely part one of a bigger restructure that'll make more sense when it's done?

All sarcasm aside let's see how it pans out. It's not like there are any superior alternatives to GAF out there.

oipic

When a thread dedicated to posting screenshots from, y'know, games, isn't deemed to be suitable for 'Gaming', then that particular section could be deemed to be poorly named or ill-purposed.

Perhaps all this thread shuffling is merely part one of a bigger restructure that'll make more sense when it's done?

Dr Dogg

Well I guess I can no longer complain about avatar and offtopic discussions now, so there's always that for your silver linings.

Why not? You should have just as much say as anyone else in this thread as to how you'd like the direction discussion to go regardless what part of the forum it resides in. Put it this way if conversation takes a turn I don't like the direction it's going in I'm not just going to throw up my hands and go 'Oh well it's a community thread'.

Sorry for the rough wake up, but as you can see we're trying something new. Less general-platform-type year-round (via repeating monthly / when needed or just staying yearly in a thread), all-encompassing threads in Gaming, more actual specific, this is happening right now type gaming threads. Community isn't supposed to be a dead place where threads go to disappear, so maybe this will liven up the Community forums as well.

Fair enough. Thanks for letting us know. Plus hey you never know what it's like unless you try. It could crash and burn, it could spice this side of the forum up or everything might carry on as it was regardless of where threads reside. I guess time will tell.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
When a thread dedicated to posting screenshots from, y'know, games, isn't deemed to be suitable for 'Gaming', then that particular section could be deemed to be poorly named or ill-purposed.

To be fair, this is the "Gaming Community" forum, so it's not as if the gaming aspect is abandoned completely.

Pretty sure I have seen this exact thing in the last 5 "hey we are trying to resurrect the Community forum"-threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom