• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Huh, that probably was a bad idea, installing the Nvidia drivers on my home computer through Teamviewer while I'm at the office. I can't access it now.

Lain

Past few days I haven't been paying too much attention to this thread or Steam related things (or much anything for that matter) since I've been busy with WoW, trying to make the best of the free time on my other account.

Anything interesting got announced/released or bundles worth picking up came out?
Also the thread is in community now. Does that mean all the next Steam threads will be made directly in community?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't actually mind the thread moving a bit slower.

The regular posters will more or less stay around and post at the same rate. It's the population of those who usually just read posts that will sharply decline. Which is troublesome as they may have insight or opinions that benefit everyone.

Minsc

Gold Member
It'll probably last a few more pages since people are now starting to wake up, I think a discussion thread/sticky about this new direction would help.

It's not a bad idea, I'll see if someone more more versed / authoritative wants to when more are around. For now, think of it as something overdue to clean up the Gaming forums a little, which may or may not change, we'll see how it works. Like others said, it is along the lines of the direction change a while back.

It's PCGamer's news.

Yeah, but I clicked the view updates history on the Alien Isolation store page, why are they showing me unrelated stuff?

News is automatically syndicated from certain publications. That article is listed because Alien: Isolation is mentioned.
The "View update history" link just links to the news landing page. It doesn't actually lead you to where it's supposed to.

Oh, I see... :\

Great, now this thread will become even more full of inside jokes and everybody congratulating each other on things nobody else has any context for.

I'm sad, I liked the Steam thread a lot.

EDIT: I hope at least the big Steam Sales will get their usual traffic.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, but I clicked the view updates history on the Alien Isolation store page, why are they showing me unrelated stuff?

The "View update history" link just links to the news landing page. It doesn't actually lead you to where it's supposed to take you. The update history page is useless when it comes to 99% of games, anyway, as Valve still hasn't mandated patch notes and so the vast majority of devs don't bother posting a changelog.

Copons

I've finally watched the Conan's Clueless Gamer video about COD:AW (featuring the "Press F to Pay Respects", just with another button cause X1 reasons) somebody linked when we were living the life in the sunnier side of this site, and omfg, I laughed my ass off.
I don't know why I never watched any Clueless Gamer video, just his interviews or the occasional drug dealer admin, but I feel I've been badly wrong all along.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So... uh...

Where can I pawn these -90% Crash Time/-66% Vampires: Guide Them to Safety coupons off? Trash bot apparently is going up and down to where I can't just dump them there. :/

JaseC

Great, now this thread will become even more full of inside jokes and everybody congratulating each other on things nobody else has any context for.

I'd like to think that the August thread coming to a head after pages upon pages of alpacas and food means the same people are wise enough not to consider this change a licence to repeat history. "Now we're in Community, I can talk about whatever I want with impunity!" would be the absolute worst mindset to have.

Anteater

the direction change was a long time ago, the mistake was not having the steam thread in the initial move

Well there have been discussions about why this thread wasn't in community in the past so I got the impression this time it's a different change, I really haven't been keeping up with it.

It's not a bad idea, I'll see if someone more more versed / authoritative wants to when more are around. For now, think of it as something overdue to clean up the Gaming forums a little, which may or may not change, we'll see how it works. Like others said, it is along the lines of the direction change a while back.

thanks for the updates!

Vuze

how is mik going to find us now if he wants keys?
tumblr_m8gsjw4T081rvzu9do1_500.gif

tbh if you guys didn't mention it, I wouldn't even have noticed the move to the Community forum lol

Lomax

Honestly the whole Gaf gaming/community structure makes no sense and seems largely pointless. I can't imagine it will make any difference to this thread as it's not like the subscription disappeared. Personally I don't understand why each platform doesn't have an entire section dedicated to it, but if this setup works well enough I guess it doesn't matter.

Anteater

the title hasn't been changed to something about wii u yet so I don't think zeliard is around

oh i guess i figured out why dmc3se has this shit blur to it, i guess the dsr thing was kicking in with the smoothness slider

Nzyme32

EDIT: I hope at least the big Steam Sales will get their usual traffic.

Well I think the idea here is that more relevant news will get their own posts separate to this. The same would probably be true of the sales thread... maybe

Shits I give about being in community now

Just woke up but did zeliard or stump say anything about it?

haven't checked, but if this means that we're going to drop more PC stuff separate from the steam thread then maybe it's for the best. Not that the PC threads weren't getting made anyhow, but maybe the next time there's a really interesting Kickstarter we'll be more inclined to give it its own gaming thread instead, which benefits everyone really.

Knurek

the title hasn't been changed to something about wii u yet so I don't think zeliard is around

Zeliard is a bit like Cthulhu - he awakens from his aeternal sleep every time a Bayonetta game gets released and then goes back to the unfathomable abyss when his work sewing discontent and chaos in the world is done.
Given Bayo2 market results, we can safely assume this was the last time he graced us with his presence... That is, unless Sega decides to publish Bayo1 on Steam.

So we are in community now?

giphy.gif

Well, alright then

giphy.gif

CSGO is still a top seller? Doesn't everyone have it by now?

Every time someone gets banned from play CSGo, even if its just a temp ban, they must create a new account and buy CSGo to get around it. Its the only explaination I can think of. The other day I learned my son has 8 other accounts with CSGo. Such a waste of steam/grandma's money but oh well.

Jawmuncher

Well I think the idea here is that more relevant news will get their own posts separate to this. The same would probably be true of the sales thread... maybe

Sales thread will ALWAYS get a thread.
That's the biggest steam event. Which is why I said before I don't mind the move.
Since Sale thread will be where we all go for a bit and then new members might decide "I should go to the steam thread in community" rinse and repeat.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
so who all is on the rebirth train besides nabs, grief, punished snake and myself?

roll call!

I'm on the rebirth music hype train. Can't buy it day one, but the soundtrack is so good.

Higher risk of communities growing insular because it's harder to notice for new members.

All aboard the insular off topic cornmunity hype train!

edit: anyone else going through bundle withdrawal?

It's good for my wallet, though. I kind of like it.

So when do the alpacas get here?

The moment Sekai Project gives us a fucking release date.

Game related threads go in Community.

Crazy opinion pieces and shrieking about frames per second go in Gaming.

y2OIn7M.gif

Game related threads are the threads we deserve but not the ones we need right now.

Community is the wild west. Anything goes now.

xcWC8di.gif

This truly is high stakes, high tension posting now.

Every time someone gets banned from play CSGo, even if its just a temp ban, they must create a new account and buy CSGo to get around it. Its the only explaination I can think of. The other day I learned my son has 8 other accounts with CSGo. Such a waste of steam/grandma's money but oh well.
you know your kid is hacking right

So we in community now? No wonder I couldnt find the steam thread. I object to this, who do I bitch about it to get it back to the gaming section?! :mad:
I'm half joking...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The one thing that I find odd is that OTs are still in the gaming discussion section. Those feel like threads that should be in the community section, too.

JaseC

The one thing that I find odd is that OTs are still in the gaming discussion section. Those feel like threads that should be in the community section, too.

OTs are moved to Community once they're a month old. Sometimes, though, they're forgotten about until they're bumped again.

Jawmuncher

OTs are moved to Community once they're a month old. Sometimes, though, they're forgotten about until they're bumped again.

It's funny how often that happens though.
But if the game is that forgotten well not much you can do about remembering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom