• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jax

Banned
Finally ended up importing Marth and Villager from Nippon-Yasan. $36 fer both + shipping. Not bad. Paying more than $20 per amiibo is ridiculous! Hopefully they make more of these rare ones!

Sora_N

WIP...

Black looks kinda awesome though.

20141207_033406_zpsa9bba13c.jpg

Maitiú

I'm increasingly less impressed by the quality standards for these figures, and recommend any collectors be careful buying online.

I just went to my local Wal-Mart because the Dallas metroplex still has tons of WFT (anyone around here, check Target and you'll find 90% within a 50 mile radius of Irving are still in stock), but there were surprisingly very few amiibos at all left - about a dozen total. Of these, here are some pics:
tumblr_ng7msaMQAX1svd528o2_1280.jpg

Blotch of pink on arm, pink paint in her hair, and the darker pink coloring on the side of her dress is lacking.

tumblr_ng7msaMQAX1svd528o3_500.jpg

Peach #2 has none of these problems, except now she has a blotch of paint on her sleeve.

tumblr_ng7msaMQAX1svd528o4_1280.jpg

Yoshi has some kind of glue residue on his leg, and some paint got on his treads.

tumblr_ng7n8jrU1P1svd528o1_400.jpg

Mario has a large blotch of button paint way down on his knee

tumblr_ng7msaMQAX1svd528o1_1280.jpg

Fox definitely is more demanding, and this figure nailed the paint on all of his zippers, but the paint job on those boots is just a mess.

I recognize that the defects here are likely the reason they were still the few remaining to choose, but that seems to be a lot to me, and I've been to stores with larger selections with these issues.

one_kill

Maitiú;142182601 said:
I'm increasingly less impressed by the quality standards for these figures, and recommend any collectors be careful buying online.

I just went to my local Wal-Mart because the Dallas metroplex still has tons of WFT (anyone around here, check Target and you'll find 90% within a 50 mile radius are still in stock), but there were surprisingly very few amiibos at all left - about a dozen total. Of these, here are some pics:

I recognize that the defects here are likely the reason they were still the few remaining to choose, but that seems to be a lot to me, and I've been to stores with larger selections with these issues.
All the good ones were taken lol

Sora_N

Maitiú;142182601 said:

I just went to my local Wal-Mart because the Dallas metroplex still has tons of WFT (anyone around here, check Target and you'll find 90% within a 50 mile radius of Irving are still in stock), but there were surprisingly very few amiibos at all left - about a dozen total. Of these, here are some pics:

Some actually have near-perfect/good paints though, it's still possible to find some good ones.

All the good ones were taken lol

This.

Koren

Some actually have near-perfect/good paints though, it's still possible to find some good ones.
I agree, and I think I must live in a place where demand is lower (or buyers aren't looking at defects closely) because after reading all the debate about defects here, I was surprised to see that most of them were good (although bent swords are a common issue)

Marth hairs/face was often quite bad, though.

But those defects are the reason I'm reluctant to buy them online, and I expect wave 2 and 3 to be difficult to find in stores...

Sora_N

I agree, and I think I must live in a place where demand is lower (or buyers aren't looking at defects closely) because after reading all the debate about defects here, I was surprised to see that most of them were good (although bent swords are a common issue)

Marth hairs/face was often quite bad, though.

But those defects are the reason I'm reluctant to buy them online, and I expect wave 2 and 3 to be difficult to find in stores...

Well I'm taking my chances by ordering the 2 I want the most (Pit and Zelda), I'll still check out stores but when they come out I'm going to be pretty busy.

L.O.R.D

oh god

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Defective-i...800?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cee0190e8

Defective invisible Amiibo Link

sure...invisible

=====

and another legless peach
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amiibo-Peac...219?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4a6daa03

how hard is to remove the legs and sell like that ?

this getting very stupid

==========

also this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Fa...899?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e965b7493

soo, because its misprinted ( or some one do it )
you think some one would buy it ?
people how buy something like this are stupid

Zalman

I still haven't actually bought an amiibo yet. The only one I want right now is Mario. I went to multiple stores and they only had about two of them each, but I always found a slight imperfection that made me not want to buy it. Still looking for one I'm satisfied with.

I guess I'm just very picky.

Sora_N

I still haven't actually bought an amiibo yet. The only one I want right now is Mario. I went to multiple stores and they only had about two of them each, but I always found a slight imperfection that made me not want to buy it. Still looking for one I'm satisfied with.

I guess I'm just very picky.

You probably don't want Mario that much then. He seems to have less defects but still not perfect of course.

I've succumbed to this insanity after reading about the 3 discontinued figures yesterday. I told myself I wanted a complete set, but was hoping that they wouldn't be so limited, since Nintendo wanted to turn them into a hit like Skylanders. Of course, it couldn't be so easy...

A (semi) local Walmart still had WFT, which I need to pick up. Got Marth and Villager on Ebay. Most of the rest my gf already got me for Christmas or they are on pre-order.

Lucario pre-orders seem to be sold out at TRU online. Anyone know what the in-store situation is like? Do they do pre-orders for them?

OmegaFax

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2ogkpk/custom_made_dual_cannon_samus_amiibo/ << Probably not that hard given someone has already done it for Samus. It's just a side project people are doing in addition to paint jobs.

EDIT:

Got a Wii fit trainer and villager last night. Not a fan of all the gunk on their feet but eh.

Gunk doesn't bother me as much. Mine doesn't look like there's much or any on his shoe on the figure I have. There's a divide in the hair above ear where it looks like the two halves of his head were fused together. It's really subtle (compared to my Kirby Amiibo).

There were three Villagers left when I went to purchase mine the other day. One had a paint spot on his shirt, the other had a weird chip on the zigzag part of his hard, and the third one looked fine.

To me, the Villager looks fantastic, despite it not looking 1:1 like the model in the game (something about the nose placement).

I'm gonna go to GameStop today and see if I find one I like, will also pre order the shulk one while I'm there. Getting tired of spankong lvl9 CPUs, even when picking random. Hoping that the lvl50 CPU will provide a decent challenge, its all I ask for. Even if I still spank it, at least get me to my last life >.>

CH4OS

Got a Villger and WFT for in store pickup at Target tomorrow. Also got all of Wave 2 and a good chunk of Wave 3 from Best Buy in the B2G1 right now. Lucario being "sold out" really sucks and I hope it comes back in stock.

Marth is going to be the hard one for me to find. Just going to preorder everything in advance now to make sure I get them.

Does anybody have a link for this sale? I can't find it anywhere on the website

CH4OS

Darn this makes me sad I missed the glitch. Are there any good Amiibo deals this week...preferably on pre orders? &#128513;

MrBigBoy

Yesterday I saw a perfect Link Amiibo. Wish I had enough money to buy it then, because today it was gone :(

And those legless Peaches are just rediculous! If I would sell a gamecase without the disc, would it cost so much more then?

LiK

Yesterday I saw a perfect Link Amiibo. Wish I had enough money to buy it then, because today it was gone :(

And those legless Peaches are just rediculous! If I would sell a gamecase without the disc, would it cost so much more then?

yea, it's nothing like dual blaster Samus which is a legitimate mistake so that's actually worth something. these Peaches are just straight up missing a part.

I got marth, Wii fot trainer and donkey Kong by random choice this week at normal price and they have just dpubled. Villager has tripled.

The hell is going on? Are they really discontinued?

prateeko

Why am I buying so many of these??? I just preordered all of wave 2 & 3 last night on best buy and managed to get a WFT for pickup (ready for me) from target, but. Haven't even had time to play smash yet!!

Hero

Just wait until they do the second run of Smash trophies of the characters you get for beating all star mode.

I managed to get Marth and another sealed copy of WFT...might just keep them in their boxes if they got discontinued. Got all the ones I wanted
left pikachu. That yellow rat isn't welcome in my house
...sad that I couldn't find another Marth. He's sold out everywhere and i dont' want to spend $40 for another one

I didn't believe that Nintendo would discontinue any amiibos (its basically free money) but if what Iwata said is true, I just went ahead and imported Villager, WFT, and Marth online. Amiibos are region free right?

Any idea which amiibos from wave 2 will be limited?

LiK

I didn't believe that Nintendo would discontinue any amiibos (its basically free money) but if what Iwata said is true, I just went ahead and imported Villager, WFT, and Marth online. Amiibos are region free right?

they're region-free. the only difference is the language on the packaging.

Imported from where? I tried AmiAmi but they don't have Marth anymore

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Personally, I would have thought it more logical that Nintendo would not reprint niche amiibos *after* the entire Smash series was out. At that point, certain ones would be discontinued in favor of Amiibos for future games. While a few core Smash series would see reprints. Like the ones that unlock bonuses in existing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom