• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Are you trying to play in the GAF room? It's not always active. Check this thread to see when people are playing. Today most everyone took a break from playing because of the DLC trailers.

If you just mean you aren't able to play online in general, then I don't know what to tell you.

In general, Ive literally only ever been able to connect once to one other person.

How would I find the GAF room?

Burning Justice

the superior princess

In general, Ive literally only ever been able to connect once to one other person.

Yeah, then I have no idea what could be wrong. You're the first person I've seen have that problem.

To find the GAF room, quote this post and find the email tag at the top of the post. Enter the code there in the Tournaments menu in-game. I don't think anyone's playing right now, though.

Roo

Seems like your connection is not very reliable or something.
The game has a pretty strong online userbase so it's not like there's no one playing.

Yeah, then I have no idea what could be wrong. You're the first person I've seen have that problem.

To find the GAF room, quote this post and find the email tag at the top of the post. Enter the code there in the Tournaments menu in-game. I don't think anyone's playing right now, though.

Thanks mate.

So when you search for a random game, do you just have to sit on the "waiting for everyone to vote for a course screen" and actually wait for other players to join? Nothing I select, global/region etc ever has a single player around...

Edit: getting error code 118-0516

Edit 2: weird just connected and playing online. Awesome

Roo

Thanks mate.

So when you search for a random game, do you just have to sit on the "waiting for everyone to vote for a course screen" and actually wait for other players to join? Nothing I select, global/region etc ever has a single player around...

No, the game gets you into an active lobby (if there are spots available)

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Thanks mate.

No. The game usually tries to place you into a room that's already active, as Roo said.

According to Nintendo's support site, that error code means there's a firewall issue, so that's probably your problem. I have no idea how you'd go about resolving the issue, though.

Thanks guys, finally playing with one other person. Won my first 3 matches ;)

Can more people join once we've started?

Edit: joining a global game and there is a guy with 33000 coins/points...wtf how?

Damn disconnected :(

Roo

*Download of DLC2 possible
*9 new Mii (amiibo activated) suits
*200cc class added
-Grand Prix: Must beat all cups on 150cc to activate
-VS Race: available from the start
-Online Custom Rules: available from the start
-Friend Lobby: available from the start
-Tournament Settings: available from the start
*When breaking while drifting during 200c mode, sparks will fly from your tires
*Breaking now possible while drifting using the Wii Remote by pushing B, 1, & 2 buttons at the same time
*Able to add CPU players to Online Custom Rules, but only human players will count for scoring
*Pressing the minus button on the following controllers will now put the map on the screen:
-Wii U Pro Controller
-Classic Controller
-Wii Remote + Nun-chuck
*The seasons on the Animal Crossing course are random, except in Time Attack mode, which is limited to Summer only.
*10 new stamps added for use in Miiverse posts
*Other bug fixes and so on.

Seems like no 200cc for regular WW and Regional races. Custom only.

Yeah. We'll likely also have to practice without TTs, but doing VS Races with the CPU set to Easy should do the trick.

Maybe we'll get lucky and custom online races will have lots of peeps on 200cc...

...;_;

Enforced

Yeah. We'll likely also have to practice without TTs, but doing VS Races with the CPU set to Easy should do the trick.

Maybe we'll get lucky and custom online races will have lots of peeps on 200cc...

...;_;
tumblr_m8eojlQoHy1rqnh4x.gif

There, there. I'm sure we will have more players after the DLC.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Any other vehicles revealed?

We know all four vehicles in Pack 2 now, none of them are inside-drift bikes. In addition to the two that are in that screenshot, the other two were revealed in the Animal Crossing course trailer: the Streetle, a kart, and the City Tripper, an outside-drift bike.

Exentryk

Thanks guys. The DLCs covered pretty much every category of vehicles then I guess. Nice!

You guys planning to stick around for some late night karting? I might be able to get home in about 40 mins.

PS: I didn't even realise Mario's kart was new in that image LOL.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Wiimote died, brb.

EDIT: Sorry about that. Was forced to switch to Gamepad at the beginning of Mario Circuit GBA, and I'm terrible with the Gamepad.

Exentryk

Got distracted at the start there. And then you pushed me off XD

EDIt - all good! Also, if only that wall dodge worked out, it would have been glorious.

EDIT 2 - Oh wow, didn't even see that blue. o_O

Burning Justice

the superior princess
This lag's killing me. Didn't show you getting the full boost on my end, then you suddenly appeared in front of me on Sweet Sweet Canyon.

And I really should have stopped writing this post before the race began...

Exentryk

Hey Joru! Don't think I've raced with you before. Welcome! :D

Also, stop giving people red shells in the first item. Esp if you're going to give me a coin. -.-

Roo

Question, now with 200 cc, will you guys be more inclined to play on normal rather than frantic?
No. we love pain so frantic 200cc will be our new home.
However, I can see it being a little overwhelming for some people so if you want to create the normal room for our community then go ahead. I'll add it to the OP.

jorgejjvr

No. we love pain so frantic 200cc will be our new home.
However, I can see it being a little overwhelming for some people so if you want to create the normal room for our community then go ahead. I'll add it to the OP.

Currently at work. But yes, I think that would be a good idea. 200 cc will be, well, frantic enought I believe, so much faster that you might possibly need to break - i see chaos in the future. And so with the extra insanity i thought people might finally consider normal xD but instead, it seems the more craziness the better :(. Oh well, maybe now being in first, with the extra speed, means you will get to the finish line before you get destroyed too much and less time for the blue shell to hit you lol

If no one does, I might make a normal room, just hoping im not the only one interested

Xenoboy

This is my 1st post in this thread and all I can say is OMG at the DLC.
I'm really excited for it. Will there be any event for it, when it comes out?

Top Bottom