• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X model viewer

B.K.

Does anyone have a working link for the Final Fantasy X model viewer, the X and X-2 model packs, and the converter that converts the models to .obj files? I just found out that it existed and I'd like to study the models.

B.K. said:
It's there, but all the links are dead, just like every other place I've been to.
Could be for legal reasons. All I can say is keep searching, or try to contact someone directly who might have the app backed up for personal use.

Dali

I found it after two minutes of googling. Your google-fu is weak, son.

Google "ffxview" (that's the name of the executable).

The first link to the models still seems to be intact, here. Coincidentally it's the same site where the program is hosted.

wmat said:
Edited for reasons.
What reasons? There's a thread with models from Mario, Zelda, Dead or Alive, and Team Fortress, among other games, posed and manipulated with some tool that works with the Source 2.0 engine (I forget the name of the mod). And there's the fact that there was already a thread with links devoted to this exact same program that didn't seem to warrant any sort of mod action.

B.K.

Dali said:
The first link to the models still seems to be intact, here. Coincidentally it's the same site where the program is hosted.

Yeah, I found that thread, but all the links in it were dead and I didn't want to do a three year bump.

kurahadol

B.K. said:
Does anyone have a working link for the Final Fantasy X model viewer, the X and X-2 model packs, and the converter that converts the models to .obj files? I just found out that it existed and I'd like to study rikku.
Fixed for the truth, amirite?????

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Dali said:
What reasons? There's a thread with models from Mario, Zelda, Dead or Alive, and Team Fortress, among other games, posed and manipulated with some tool that works with the Source 2.0 engine (I forget the name of the mod). And there's the fact that there was already a thread with links devoted to this exact same program that didn't seem to warrant any sort of mod action.
Traffic-related. The site I posted appears to struggle as it is, exposing the link to a community of 30,000 people seems to be stupid under these circumstances.

B.K. has a PM.

Dali

B.K. said:
Yeah, I found that thread, but all the links in it were dead and I didn't want to do a three year bump.
I'm saying the site with the active model links is the same site with the program. The OP in that thread just didn't link to the page within that site with the program (they only used this site for model packs), but rather one of the one's that's dead now.

http://www.ffsky.com/ff/downloadshow.asp?ID=2850

wmat said:
Traffic-related. The site I posted appears to struggle as it is, exposing the link to a community of 30,000 people seems to be stupid under these circumstances.

B.K. has a PM.

Oh. Well that makes a lot more sense.

Dali

B.K. said:
Not really. I've tried character modeling before and I'm horrible at it. I just want to look at some professional work.
I'd say the textures have as much to do with these models looking so good as the modeling itself.

B.K.

Dali said:
I'd say the textures have as much to do with these models looking so good as the modeling itself.

I'm sure they are, but I'm not really a texture person. I'm horrible at making them. I'm really just interested in seeing the mesh topology, the bone setups for the characters, and what kind of poly limits they were working with.

Dreweyes

These are apparently from Dissidia:

dissc.jpg

Top Bottom