• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MGSV gameplay demo coming next week - alternate approach to E3 2015 demo

UPDATE: Demonstration will be published July 7th.

@JunkerHQnet:
The alternate-run MGSV video should be up next week according to Kojima

@JunkerHQNet

Last week, Kojima gave some details about the upcoming demo:

n03A9Yz.jpg

Just 2 more months. Can't wait. Game comes out a few days after I fly back from holiday. Going to be a few days of mixed feelings.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Can't wait! :D

Like, we all know MGSV already has GOTY 2015 in the bag.

DrBo42

Watched the demo again and noticed the sniper's maximum range was <100m. Guess the console view distance/NPC loading range is very poor. Or maybe just for demo purposes? Makes me sad. Even a squad level designated marksman rifle is 500-800m or more.

Edit: Well shit, thought I was in the other thread. :/

Watched the demo again and noticed the sniper's maximum range was <100m. Guess the console view distance/NPC loading range is very poor. Or maybe just for demo purposes? Makes me sad. Even a squad level designated marksman rifle is 500-800m or more.

Edit: Well shit, thought I was in the other thread. :/

The scopes/guns will be upgradable.

LowParry

Meh. We already know what we're getting and yet we still know little about MGO. I need to know if man launchers are back goddammit!

SJRB

Gold Member
What happened to the MGO stuff that was suppose to come out on the 16th?

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Rockstar and released the multiplayer component sometime after launch.

J-Skee

So this is the MGS you can truly play any way you want, huh? Can't wait to see what they do in the next demo.

Mexen

Looking forward to it! I enjoyed that demo. Gonna be interesting to see just how differently this one will play out.

shamo42

The wait for the 2nd gameplay demo makes me realize how long the wait for September will be.

Can we have a "different approach" demo every 2 weeks until September please?

I think I've seen enough at this point. As much as I want to watch more, I feel like it will be better to just hold off at this point and wait for the game.

SJRB

Gold Member
Am I one of the only ones that are worried about the story seemingly being completely neglected in all this stuff?

Well it's a gameplay demo. You know, to show gameplay. I wouldn't worry about the story, it's a Metal Gear Solid game after all. Better to leave all the story stuff unmentioned to avoid spoilers.

Well it's a gameplay demo. You know, to show gameplay. I wouldn't worry about the story, it's a Metal Gear Solid game after all. Better to leave all the story stuff unmentioned to avoid spoilers.
I'm talking about basically every single thing they've shown since the Moby Dick Studios stuff. I don't remember hearing Snake say anything since then, really. Or really anything story-related at all...

Darsis

Neo Member
I'm talking about basically every single thing they've shown since the Moby Dick Studios stuff. I don't remember hearing Snake say anything since then, really. Or really anything story-related at all...

Have you watched any of the trailers? They have been packed full of story stuff. This game is going to be way darker then the lighthearted gameplay demos have been. As far as I can tell, this will be a hard M rated game. Ground Zeroes was too.

On another subject though, I want to forget all the super hype I have for this game so it can sneak up on me faster. I keep watching vids and interviews, as well as getting back to 100%ing GZ, and every bit of it I do makes this two months feel like a year lol.

Darsis

Neo Member
Ok GAF, lets get the R&D team working on a Cryo-Tube that costs less then $10(usd) to build, and only has to last for 2 months. How hard could it be?

Snake isn't going to say much, that's just Kojima's weird concept for this game, but there's been plenty of story stuff in the proper trailers, especially this most recent E3 one.

All of a sudden the hype for this game has hit me like a ton of bricks now that it's so close. I fired up Ground Zeroes again in an effort to get all the trophies and extract everyone I can to get my save file ready to go. I'll have to start my full series replay soon, too.

Snake isn't going to say much, that's just Kojima's weird concept for this game, but there's been plenty of story stuff in the proper trailers, especially this most recent E3 one.

All of a sudden the hype for this game has hit me like a ton of bricks now that it's so close. I fired up Ground Zeroes again in an effort to get all the trophies and extract everyone I can to get my save file ready to go. I'll have to start my full series replay soon, too.

Has Konami ever talked or hinted about a remake of older MGS games (say the original) using the new Fox Engine?

So, apparently this recording (Japanese version narrated by Akio Otsuka) is being done for the Tanabata festival in Japan. (It will be uploaded in English later on.) Also, according to the pictures shown off on Twitter recently, it looks like we will be seeing the Xbox One version of the game:

MGSV-The-Phantom-Pain-Gameplay-Demo-Recording.jpg

Spaghetti

really excited to see this.

the e3/gamescom gameplay videos from last year really highlighted how variable the game can be even on the same mission.

cannot wait to play this. that two weeks between the console and PC versions is gonna be my own private hell.

really excited to see this.

the e3/gamescom gameplay videos from last year really highlighted how variable the game can be even on the same mission.

cannot wait to play this. that two weeks between the console and PC versions is gonna be my own private hell.

Totally. I hope Jackie plays at night this time-- would be awesome to see him using the cover of dark somewhat like he did at Gamescom!

Top Bottom