• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

RetroMG

To Neuro's earlier point about the Tucah lynch:
Coppanuva was one of the voters. You know, the guy you've been defending who is high on a bunch of people's suspect lists? Since you're so convinced that he's town, mind telling us why?

Which plan? The one where we keep you safe and precious until we can get you close enough to detonate you in the heart of the tentacle monster? In other words, we keep you alive long enough to use it later because your skill is stronger the higher level we are?

Yeah, I have two reasons against that and I've said both already. First off, I am still worried about the cult getting a buff from killing you. It's unlikely but it's a real possibility that we don't need to risk. Second, I think killing you now is the stronger play. We have to have an investigative power role, I'd be highly surprised if we didn't. They are alive right now, they could be dead by sheer luck at any time. I'd rather give them this chance to investigate.

WHAT IS THIS INFERIOR LOGIC?

HOW DO YOU STILL NOT UNDERSTAND?!??!

HOW?!?!?!?!?

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN READING!?!??!?! ARE ANY OF YOU EVEN READING WHAT I WRITE?!!

YOU'RE ALL JUST CONTENT TO GO, "OH, LOL, BLARG TEXT, MUST BE STOOPID AND FUNNY AND STOOPID!"

NO, BUT SOORRRIIAAAAN WRITES IN NORRRMMMAAALLL SENTENCES, AND POSTS A LOOOOT, WITH "LOOOOGGGGIICCCC", SO HE MUST BE RIGHT

FOOLS, ALL OF YOU

MY SOLUTION IS SUPERIOR.

PLAN 800 FEET IS SUPERIOR FOR TOWN.

YOUR LEGIT STUPID CULTIST POWER-UP THEORY IS NOTHING. IT'S FUCKING NOTHINGGGGG. THE DESCRIPTION OF MY POWER DISCREDITS IT. EVEN MY ROLE FLAVOUR TEXT DISCREDITS IT. IT LITERALLY SAYS THAT I WEAKEN THE OLD ONES UPON DEATH. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. IMPOSSIBLE.

AND I'VE ALREADY EXPLAINED WHY NOT PUBLICLY LYNCHING ME UNTIL TOMORROW/THE LATE-GAME IS THE BETTER MEAT SHIELD OPTION

IT'S ON PAGE 47.

To Neuro's earlier point about the Tucah lynch:
Coppanuva was one of the voters. You know, the guy you've been defending who is high on a bunch of people's suspect lists? Since you're so convinced that he's town, mind telling us why?
When did I say Coppanuva was town? He's not really on my radar one way or another.

YOU KNOW WHAT, SOMEONE END THIS RIGHT NOW, VOTE ME OUT NOW.

I CAN'T TAKE THIS BEACHSIDE 9-5 TELEMARKETING ANYMORE, EVERYONE'S JUST PHONING IT IN

I'M NOT THE INSANE ONE ON THIS ISLAND, I'M THE SANEST ONE HERE. I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU CHUCKLEFUCKS AND YOU'RE JUST FUNNING ME

GO ON, BATHE IN MY BLOOD AND LET IT GET ALL CRUSTY ON YOU OVERNIGHT, DO IT.

KILLL MEEEEE

No fucking sense of adventure here, just planking

NO HOPE

In my Season 4 game you'll all be dropped staples under an office couch and the Mafia will be dust bunnies

LINT. PARTICLES OF DEAD SKIN AND CARPET FUZZ. THAT'S WHAT YOU ALL DESERVE

No fucking sense of adventure here, just planking

NO HOPE

In my Season 4 game you'll all be dropped staples under an office couch and the Mafia will be dust bunnies

LINT. PARTICLES OF DEAD SKIN AND CARPET FUZZ. THAT'S WHAT YOU ALL DESERVE

q6F4zKsm3agDK.gif

_

Sorian

Banned
This is copy and pasted from my post from the last day phase, some entires are edited upon, some are expanded upon. I'm not going to mark anyone as tourist or cultist this time in favor of doing positive, negative, and null. Now that we are out of day 1, the game is more about feelings mixed with evidence we can find to back up those feelings unless an investigative role has found something concrete so that's what this is, feelings.

Flame_AC: Flame has been a lot more active today, I find his defense of Coppa to be suspect but he has given me no other reason to distrust him and I'll have to evaluate why he feels so strongly about Coppa. Verdict: Positive

GreatCharleston: I went back and forth on Charleston for awhile. His early posts felt mafia to me and then he went back towards town but I'm feeling mafia again. He's being purposely cryptic and there is no reason for town to play like that. Verdict: Negative

Rats Off To Ya: I read rats as a cultist early on but in lieu of everything we know at the moment, it's hard to make a case for him not being a tourist. I'll continue to butt heads with him because if we are both at each other's throats we have a better chance of settling on scum. Verdict: Positive

Neuromancer: Your play is either heavy scum or heavy newbie and I can't tell which. I made this mistake with Prodigy and maybe I am making it again but I think you are focusing on details that just don't need to be analyzed yet. Verdict: Positive

Sorian:
I'm here to judge you, not myself. That's your job

Capitan/TheWorthyEdge: Capitan was a 100% null read, Edge has posted very little but at least anything he has said has been sensible. I'm still going to post a null read here though because I don't have enough info. Verdict: Null

Droplet: I think she has been genuinely trying to help though I didn't like her subtle call for the end of the day. That being said though, I'm not reading too much into that at this time because otherwise, she has been useful in placing reads. Verdict: Positive

Never Forever: NF came off as cultist right from the get go but he quickly changed my mind. I still read NF as a good guy in all of this though he has become less active of late. Verdict: Positive

OrangeYouGlad/Johnny: Orange played to be helpful and so has Johnny. I will admit that the way that Orange came into the game a few days late was suspect but otherwise this role has been nothing but useful. Verdict: Positive

Ultron87: I'm still holding you in the cultist camp. You were very strong in defending yourself when I asked but you didn't do a whole lot more in my opinion past that. If you weren't a person of interest then you didn't post. Before this sentence was what I said about day 1. You've posted more today but I still don't know about you. Verdict: Negative

MattAttack: I believe his role claim. I'll be surprised if he is still in the game tomorrow, if he is then he is tourist.

Timeaisis: You've worked on your own schedule but anytime you posted, you made a meaningful contribution IMO. I want to suspect you but you haven't given me any reason yet. With Blarg out of the way I think we can get a real read on you. Verdict: Positive

Darryl: You made a play that makes it so I can't view you as a cultist, the item doesn't make sense to have been revealed by a cultist at this point in time. I find you highly suspect but I still think you are not a cultist. If nothing else though, you provide discussion when it is needed. Verdict: Positive

LoC: You've been shady of late in all honesty but you still seem genuinely interested in finding scum. Verdict: Positive

Coppa: You came off heavy cultist at first but I now read you as a tourist role with no powers. You defended yourself a little too well which is why I peg you more exact. Before this sentence is what I said day 1. It still kind of holds true. You've made some more scum moves though but I'm going to say Verdict: Positive at this time

RetroMG: Retro is a strong player and should be watched thoroughly, he is an asset to whichever team he is on, unfortunately, we have to prove that he is town first. No suspicions raised though Verdict: Positive. This is the same exact thing I said day 1. I came at you early on in day 2 but even I knew what I was saying didn't make a lot of sense.

OceanicAir/Scrafty: Oceanic didn't do much but Scrafty has been nothing but helpful. Verdict: Positive

Blarg: Good Night Sweet Prince Verdict: Steak

Nin1000: I keep getting less and less info from you. Not my main target yet but Verdict: Negative

Vylash: ??? Verdict: Null

I know lists make you hard Blarg so there you go. Enjoy.

Coppanuva

Because it's been called out: Flame_AC, you keep saying you won't let me get lynched today. Does that offer still apply tomorrow?

Also, I'm working on a post of my thoughts on people's actions. I won't be posting my theory yet, I need 1 more day's votes to post it fully, but I will have it ready for the first bit of day 3.

Flame_AC

O...kay, for the sake of the discussion we're going to keep having, why are you so fixated on saving Coppa? I don't really think you're evil, but your opinions are just all over the place.

I'm saving Coppa because lynching him tomorrow would be a mislynch and a waste of our time.

Flame_AC: Flame has been a lot more active today, I find his defense of Coppa to be suspect but he has given me no other reason to distrust him and I'll have to evaluate why he feels so strongly about Coppa. Verdict: Positive

And here I thought I was less active on Day 2 compared to Day 1. My defense of Coppa isn't necesarilly based on him being Coppa, but more on the basis of deflecting a costly mislynch since there seems to be, unfortunately, sizable support for his death.

Flame_AC

Because it's been called out: Flame_AC, you keep saying you won't let me get lynched today. Does that offer still apply tomorrow?

Also, I'm working on a post of my thoughts on people's actions. I won't be posting my theory yet, I need 1 more day's votes to post it fully, but I will have it ready for the first bit of day 3.

That offer is good for tomorrow.

Sorian

Banned
I'm saving Coppa because lynching him tomorrow would be a mislynch and a waste of our time.

And here I thought I was less active on Day 2 compared to Day 1. My defense of Coppa isn't necesarilly based on him being Coppa, but more on the basis of deflecting a costly mislynch since there seems to be, unfortunately, sizable support for his death.

Nah, day 1, you played much shiftier than day 2.

Why do you think it is a mislynch? What makes him not scummy in your eyes?

Coppanuva

Flame_AC: Might as well call him Roy cause it seems like he's my boy. I'm not 100% sure why, but I have my theories. He's coo in my book. Verdict: Town.

GreatCharleston: I'll agree with Sorian here. I'm not quite sure there's really anything he said that stuck out as mafia, it's more his attitude and what he didn't say. Defense here was literally "I'm not the best target, Blargonaut is! Also Rats off To Ya defends me!" which... I dunno. I'm not fully convinced, I think he's a possible lynch target in the next few days.

Rats Off To Ya: I don't like ROTY. Continually leading my death march, and I disagree with your logic on not lynching blargonaut early. ROTY started the brigade against me today if I recall correctly, and I think a large part of that is I was the most obvious target to attack from the cult's perspective. They know who's a townie, and if there's a grudge going against one, it makes too much sense to fan the flames. Verdict: Needs investigation.

Neuromancer: Your play is either heavy scum or heavy newbie and I can't tell which. I made this mistake with Prodigy and maybe I am making it again but I think you are focusing on details that just don't need to be analyzed yet. Verdict: Positive

Sorian: Talks too much to be a cultist. He leads the discussion and has done so early on. Also wants to kill Blargonaut and is charging against him, I don't think a cultist would do so. Verdict: Town.

Capitan/TheWorthyEdge: I can't think of anything he said that stuck out. Verdict: Needs investigatoin.

Droplet: I don't get any malicious vibes, but I'd also like to see how Droplet acts under pressure. Verdict: Likely town.

Never Forever: I was suspicious day 1. I think this has subsided some today, but NF is also playing a lot less aggressively. Bring that passion back! Verdict: Investigate, I want to see how you act under pressure..

OrangeYouGlad/Johnny: Not overly talkative, but seems to be getting in more. Verdict: Investigate.

Ultron87: Where are you man? Needs to get pushed more, I want investigation on him.

MattAttack: Like Sorian I believe him, but I don't expect him out tomorrow (unless his win condition removes him). He's not a prime target for cultists any more, he's the same as an ordinary tourist. Verdict: Town

Timeaisis: Sided against blargonaut early, even before the Matt Attack reveal. I think Timeaisis is good and working for the good of the town. Verdict: Positive.

Darryl: I'm curious how you turn out. If I were to peg anyone as the mythical "serial killer" Sorian talks about, it's you or LoC. You're very gung-ho about maximizing kills per night. Verdict: Investigate.

LoC: You're also very aggressive. Almost too blood thirsty to end the day early. Verdict: Investigate.

Coppa: An ordinary tourist through and through. I don't expect to get killed at night, not while there's so many people frothing for my blood. Verdict: Tourist for a bit longer.

RetroMG: He knows getting a distraction out of the village sooner is better. Lynches become more important later in the game, we shouldn't assume the cult is going to lynch blargonaut at night, it'll just distract us. Verdict: Town.

OceanicAir/Scrafty: Pushing pressure in the right ways, I like. Verdict: Positive

Blarg: I'm excited to post that creepy vote gif chain you did at the end of Day 1 against tucah tomorrow. Verdict: YAY GIFS!

Nin1000: I think you're a villager, I'm not quite sure why. You just aren't playing aggressive enough or influential enough to be a cultist.

Vylash: I would have to search your post history to write this. Verdict: INVESTIGATE.

Shamelessly stole the formatting and order from Sorian.

Rats Off To Ya: I don't like ROTY. Continually leading my death march, and I disagree with your logic on not lynching blargonaut early. ROTY started the brigade against me today if I recall correctly, and I think a large part of that is I was the most obvious target to attack from the cult's perspective. They know who's a townie, and if there's a grudge going against one, it makes too much sense to fan the flames. Verdict: Needs investigation

I was hardly the first the call you scummy, just the first to build a case. But please, keep trying to scare me into backing down. That seems like something a Tourist would do.

Droplet

Do you have anyone better in mind? If I remember correctly, the last 4 people you've voted for have been Blarg, Matt Attack, and two people most generally agree are tourists. If you think Coppa is a mislynch, you should have a reason beyond "I don't want to lynch someone who isn't a cultist", because for the most part, nobody but the cultists knows who the cultists are. Yes, we're probably going to get things wrong, but we're going to get them wrong because we might not having anything better to go after. If you're scared of getting things wrong, just vote no lynch every day. Otherwise, argue with facts and evidence that who we're going after is the wrong choice so we can make better informed decisions as to who the right choice is.

Also, Sorian, things got heated yesterday but we're on the same side. Blarg will be dead soon, and as much as that saddens me, we'll be able to put it behind us and hunt us some scum, hand-in-hand like the Outer Gods intended.

Sorian

Banned
Also, Sorian, things got heated yesterday but we're on the same side. Blarg will be dead soon, and as much as that saddens me, we'll be able to put it behind us and hunt us some scum, hand-in-hand like the Outer Gods intended.

When this is all over, I hope we both get off the island and we can go out for drinks.

The future is now. Copypasta list spam and blatant plagiarism above me. Hilarious.

And the filthiest fact of all is that you're all going to listen to him when he says it, but not me. That's insane. I'll take my good fucking Night, thank you. I told you, Sorian, nothing happens when you lose.

Very well, Sorian accepts.

QW6DDN9.png

As soon as the number of symbols in a row/column/diagonal are equal to or greater than 3, those symbols start automatically counting as points, and you can continue to grow the line until it's blocked off. So yep, they automatically get striked through in a sense, no need to do it yourself (but I'll strike through all of them at the end for visual clarity).

Nothing happens when you lose.

In case it wasn't obvious enough for you.

Coppanuva

The future is now. Copypasta list spam and blatant plagiarism above me. Hilarious.

And the filthiest fact of all is that you're all going to listen to him when he says it, but not me. That's insane. I'll take my good fucking Night, thank you. I told you, Sorian, nothing happens when you lose.

You know, I almost put a little note in the end of it about Plagiarism just for ya blargy. But I decided not to, it's more fun when you do it. I'm gonna miss you really :(.

6 x 8. 48 boxes in the game board.

Post #48 of this thread:

I don't know who Zatoth is, but I propose mutiny.

Words from my Great Betrayer, Matt Attack himself, the one who was marked to search for me in-game, and who ultimately outed my identity to you all in public. Read that shit.

BELIEVE it or not.

OiPhAeo.gif

Very well, Sorian accepts.

QW6DDN9.png

As soon as the number of symbols in a row/column/diagonal are equal to or greater than 3, those symbols start automatically counting as points, and you can continue to grow the line until it's blocked off. So yep, they automatically get striked through in a sense, no need to do it yourself (but I'll strike through all of them at the end for visual clarity).

Nothing happens when you lose.

Look at that game board.

1 O. 2 X's.

I'm about to get lynched today. 1 Cultist out of the stated 3 in my Win condition was killed before my planned execution-by-vote.

1 O. 2 X's.

And do I even have to explain the flavour text I wrote below that pic?

BELIEVE it or not.

OiPhAeo.gif

Flame_AC

Nah, day 1, you played much shiftier than day 2.

Why do you think it is a mislynch? What makes him not scummy in your eyes?

I think it's the inverse, but I'm happy if you are.

Coppanuva is a textbook case of a player not necesarilly understanding the game, and then, realizing some small mistakes and bettering himself and the game for it. He himself has done nothing significant to make me consider him, currently, a viable target. I understand that LP tried to defend him, and I get what that could mean, but I'm confident that Coppa is someone we should keep around, at least for awhile longer.

Flame_AC: Might as well call him Roy cause it seems like he's my boy. I'm not 100% sure why, but I have my theories. He's coo in my book. Verdict: Town.

I'm curious about what theories you might have to explain me, do tell.

Do you have anyone better in mind? If I remember correctly, the last 4 people you've voted for have been Blarg, Matt Attack, and two people most generally agree are tourists. If you think Coppa is a mislynch, you should have a reason beyond "I don't want to lynch someone who isn't a cultist", because for the most part, nobody but the cultists knows who the cultists are. Yes, we're probably going to get things wrong, but we're going to get them wrong because we might not having anything better to go after. If you're scared of getting things wrong, just vote no lynch every day. Otherwise, argue with facts and evidence that who we're going after is the wrong choice so we can make better informed decisions as to who the right choice is.

I would try and build a case against any of the following: LoC, ROTY, Darryl, and if we're going for less frequent posters, then ultron87 and GreatCharleston. I think all of them would provide more information than lynching Coppa would and I do believe there is at least one Cultist in that mix.

Look at that game board.

1 O. 2 X's.

I'm about to get lynched today. 1 Cultist out of the stated 3 in my Win condition was killed before my planned execution-by-vote.

1 O. 2 X's.

And do I even have to explain the flavour text I wrote below that pic?

BELIEVE it or not.

6 x 8. 48 boxes in the game board.

Post #48 of this thread:
Words from my Great Betrayer, Matt Attack himself, the one who was marked to search for me in-game, and who ultimately outed my identity to you all in public. Read that shit.

BELIEVE it or not.

http://i.imgur.com/OiPhAe][/QUOTE]

OH, LOL, BLARG TEXT, MUST BE STOOPID AND FUNNY AND STOOPID!

Sorian

Banned
I would try and build a case against any of the following: LoC, ROTY, Darryl, and if we're going for less frequent posters, then ultron87 and GreatCharleston. I think all of them would provide more information than lynching Coppa would and I do believe there is at least one Cultist in that mix.

For a start? I think Rats and Darryl would be a waste of our time. Ultron, LoC, and Charleston from that list would be viable targets though.

Droplet

Yeah, that's a fourth of the people left. I too could pull a random sample of 5 people from the list and argue that at least one of them is a cultist. You're going to have to be a little more specific than that, and since we have more than half a day left to go, why not tell us a little about the people you're suspicious of that you think are better alternatives to Coppa?

Also, simply wanting to lynch Coppa is not a valid reason for somebody to be suspicious.

Why would Darryl be a waste of our time? He's certainly had some interesting behavior.

Darryl an' LP both voted fer each other yesterday, and considerin' the latter turned out to be a cultist I think it'd be a pretty dumb move for two culties to vote for each other on the first day, even as a distraction tactic.

The only way me and Darryl could be suspicious is if you think our strategy was to bus one of our own on Day One. I mean, it's not out of the realm of possibility, but it's a terrible place to start.

Sorian

Banned
Why would Darryl be a waste of our time? He's certainly had some interesting behavior.

He has but I think a "weaker" target who we think is cult would be our best bet. I can't build a strong enough case against Darryl at the moment to justify a vote against him and I think the key to getting him will be finding a connection to him via another cultist killed. That is if he is even cult which is possible of course.

Droplet

Darryl an' LP both voted fer each other yesterday, and considerin' the latter turned out to be a cultist I think it'd be a pretty dumb move for two culties to vote for each other on the first day, even as a distraction tactic.

Well, this is Darryl we're talking about. Although I doubt LP would have voted for him back if they were on the same team.

You tried that already. Didn't turn anything up last time, and won't a 2nd time either. I've outlined my reasons for voting the way I did and honestly I don't see why voting Blarg is such a protown move. In any case the votes aren't coming and honestly it doesn't matter either way. There are pros and cons for either side. Elevating one side above so far that you're labelling half of the other side Cultist is ridiculous.

Not to mention one of the main current reasons(night power up) for voting Blarg was speculated by me.

Top Bottom