• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

So, for myself and those just now joining us, (Hi, Danganronpa and Archer players!) Here's where we stand:

(Carry On Wayward Son plays)

Blargonaut is a third-party player. His role is H.P. Lovecraft. If he is lynched, the town gets a night without Mafia lynches. If he outlives three cult lynches, he wins. As far as we know, (according to info from Blarg and Matt Attack,) nothing happens if the cult sacrifices Blarg.

Matt Attack is also a third party player, who is apparently the kid from Neverending Story. (How this makes sense, I have no clue.) His goal is to kill Blargonaut before three cult lynches have occurred.

The majority of the current votes favor lynching Blargonaut, since it would give us a night free of Mafia kills. However, since there were two kills last night, there might still be a kill tonight even if we lynch Blarg. Also, some fear a power going to the cult if they lynch Blarg. Just because Matt and Blarg are not aware of any such power, does not mean that it doesn't exist. Thus, they hope to deny them that power by lynching Blarg today.
Finally, there are also those who are tired of Blarg's antics, and want to move on to the "real game."

Another group argues that killing Blarg tonight is not a wise move. Their arguments break into a variety of groups. Some say that we should do our best to protect Blarg, and use his ability when it would be more useful. (This would be difficult, as the town lost it's Doctor on night one.) Some argue that the Mafia will surely lynch Blarg tonight, which will effectively prevent the mafia from night-killing anyone else, so is there really a difference between us killing Blarg and them killing Blarg? Better then to use that lynch on someone they find suspicious - Like Coppanuva, who is that group's primary target.

A handful of players have followed Scrafty Devil to vote for GreatCharleston, in order to make him speak up on his opinions. Since he has now spoken, a few of those votes have fallen off, but some still find him suspicious.

Oh, and Neuromancer wants to kill Sorian, and Sorian expects the Mafia to kill him any night now.

Did I miss anything?

Dat summary. Quoting this for the new page.

Let's fuck.

Flame_AC CULT
You know that sound an open hand makes when it slaps a bare supple ass from a perfectly perpendicular angle? You're half a pair of flip-flops and you echo with an indecent ripple.

GreatCharleston 50% TOWN
I'm torn. I think you're using those Danganymedaneeda pics to spice up your boring Ordinary Tourist life.

Lone_Prodigy Night 1 RIP
Ordinary Cultist

Rats Off To Ya 110% TOWN, 100% "TOWN"
You contribute and you "contribute". You understand #TownLife.

UNCONDITIONAL TRUST: Rats Off To Ya

I really think you're Town. I hope I'm right.

Neuromancer CULT
Get out of my mind, mageling. You're there, but you're not.

Fireblend Night 1 RIP
Witch Doctor

Sorian CULT/NEUTRAL
I don't believe you're Town, and if you are, you're too publicly pro-Town for the Cult to keep alive any longer, if they're practical. If you're not dead in 2 or 3 Nights at the rate you're going, you're probably Cult, or a fellow Neutral.

OG "Town" Cultists; if you're smart, you should terminate Sorian ASAP if you want to win this more cleanly and efficiently. Or else, go hardcore and try manipulating him to be your cover like I did, by slipping him a framework of role hints and allowing him to put words in your mouth to fill out your character sheet for you; thereby, publicly disguising you with minimal effort on your part. That's how "Town" uses these types of analytical machine-gun players. Risky, but rewarding.

If you're wondering why I'm telling you this despite saying I'm legit pro-Town; there comes a time in every Town's life when Town must choose to be Town, or "Town". I want you to go "Town" on Sorian. I want to witness the slow burn. Kill him, and create a power vacuum.

Darryl, can you put a stop to my chosen champion? You are both cut from the same cloth; but, who is the paladin, and who is the inquisitor?

"Town" chooses. Town obeys.

TheWorthyEdge ??? NEW*
How you doin'?

Droplet 50% TOWN, 50% "TOWN"
You go with the flow, but sometimes you don't. I can't read you. And--

Never Forever 11% CULT
--I can't read you either. However, with you, I feel something. You maintain a presence, but remain mostly under the radar, like Droplet. You get in and out. I know there's an intellect there and I feel it watching, I feel you watching. If Sorian is the commander, I see you as his lieutenant; but, you and Droplet are interchangeable in that regard. You're like his left and right hands. One of you is sinister. I think you are.

I find the both of you hella suspicious, and I just can't shake off that blank space.

Sorry for dissing your waifu before, that's a line no man should cross.

johnnyquicknives ??? NEW*
I see you're getting cozy with Sorian. I look forward to seeing what you do.

ultron87 CULT/NEUTRAL
Timeaisis.copypasta

Matt Attack The Other.
I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you, meddling kid. Fucking Scooby Snacks.

Tucah Day 1 RIP
Ordinary Tourist

Timeaisis CULT/NEUTRAL
His hard-on to get me killed since Day 1 is exactly what I wanted to tease out of his pants with my body language. I'm a highly convenient target for any player to acknowledge, hence an easy means to maintain a presence in-game through. I doubt a real, smart Town would commit to harassing me with constant vote attacks like he has. You're either Cult, or a Neutral 3rd-party trying to skirt the Line enough during daylight in order to dissuade the Cult from offing you.

Darryl Where's your fuck?
You should rest and meditate on what you've learned.

Lord of Castamere TOWN, 1% CONCENTRATED "TOWN"
This island doesn't have a waterfall. I know we've played together before Mr. Castamere, but what are you playing at now? I don't understand. What are these moves? I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR MOVES. WHY WON'T YOU GIVE UP, MR. CASTAMERE? WHAT IS THIS FILTH; RIGHT JAB TO SOLAR PLEXUS, FORWARD SLIDE DOWN CHAIR AS SEATED TO DOUBLE-KICK OPPONENT'S CHAIR LEGS ACROSS. SHOCK TOPPLES HIM FORWARD ONTO TABLE, I LET MOMENTUM SLIP ME FULLY UNDERNEATH IT; GROIN KICK, GROIN KICK. HIS LEGS SNAP TOGETHER IN PAIN REFLEX; KNEES BUCKLE. THERE'S THE TICKET. SIR'S CENTRE OF GRAVITY SHIFTS TO THE TABLE'S DOMAIN, I EXTEND TO ACCEPT THE PRESENTED FARE; PRONE THROAT-PUNCH THROUGH THE WOOD ABOVE. IT SPLINTERS UPON ME. THROAT-PUNCH, THROAT-PUNCH. THROAT-PUNCH. YOU CALL THAT SHERLOCK COSPLAY!?! It's pretty good.

You're absent sporadically and intermittently enough to suggest that you're on a side-forum, especially considering the depth of your contributions compared to your public appearances. Yeah, I said it. I said "contributions". This is serious business. Jobs are at steak.

Coppanuva 100% TOWN, 100% CULT
100% honest truth, I legit forgot why I was gunning for you in the first place. You just give off a distinct aroma of scum with a bouquet of shady masked under naive innocence. I do remember Rats having a presentable case against you though, y'all refer to him. At least, I think I remember. Coppanuva's probably a Mind Flayer or something. Or a really, really clumsy Ordinary Tourist with an Inkling hat.

RetroMG 60% TOWN
You're absent sporadically and intermittently enough to suggest that you're on a side-forum, especially considering the depth of your "contributions" compared to your public appearances. I think. I dunno.

ScraftyDevil 50% TOWN
Part of the Sorian Squad, yet apart from it? Your unique accent is a very effective tool for masking your true feelings. I've added it to my spell book.

Blargonaut
#xanax

nin1000 CULT
You're from the same cask of wine that Coppanuva was poured out of, but you were left out in the air too long before the tasting and everyone who sips you backwashes you back into the glass. Then pets come and try to lick you out because you still smell of the old vintage despite being mixed with discerning saliva, but their tongues aren't long enough to reach your backwash at the bottom and so they give up after trying for a few seconds.

Vylash ??? OLD*, CULT LEADER?
Cthulhu. Dat indifference.

---
20 remain.

MAJOR CULT SUSPECTS (x9) (x8)

• Flame_AC
  • Lone_Prodigy
  • Neuromancer
  • Sorian
  • Never Forever
  • ultron87
  • Timeaisis
  • nin1000
  • Coppanuva
MAJOR NEUTRAL SUSPECTS (x3)

• Sorian
  • ultron87
  • Timeaisis
TOWN GUESSES (x9) (x7)

• GreatCharleston
  • Rats Off To Ya
  • Fireblend
  • Droplet
  • Tucah
  • Lord of Castamere
  • RetroMG
  • ScraftyDevil
  • Coppanuva
???* (x3)

• TheWorthyEdge
  • johnnyquicknives
  • Vylash
*(Regarding the recent replacements; it might be useful to go back and read the posts of the original players, if any, and also consider the time between their predecessors went absent to the time the new souls came to inhabit the empty roles. It might give you more insight into the roles these weird strangers now inhabit.)

MEDDLING KID (x1)

• Matt Attack
NASA BRUCE WILLIS (x1)

• Blargonaut
DARRYL (∞)

• Darryl
20 remain.
---

JFmLVnS.gif

*puts hand up*

No breeze. No storm. All doldrums. Is this how you're all going to escape the Isle? Waiting for the wind to come to topple the dominoes for you? Pathetic.

I'm giving you the chance to use these fingers. Fuck the sea. None of us are swimming out there and making it alive. Our best option is to go deeper. Deeper into the island.

Innocents will die. Innocence will die. They don't care.

Let's make them.

I usually hate doing lists, because all it does is conveniently put words into people's mouths for them to manipulate to their own ends and hide behind, instead of allowing people to speak up for themselves. It's too direct a conversation piece for everyone involved. No, Sorian. I prefer the indirect approach of abstractly teasing people to see what their priorities are.

But, I'm choosing to sell-out for once. If you want more of this corporate-ordered direct-to-home-DVD list shit straight from me, let's go Plan 800 Feet. Lynch someone else today.

Or, kill me now and take the easy reward from my death; fine, I don't care about losing. I never have. I care about "winning". I care about COURAGE.

Follow me, sightseers; follow me to the heart of dankness. Do you know who I am? I'm fucking H.P. Lovecraft. We arrived here on a cruise. Now let's depart on the Love Boat.

I'm the one who fucks the tentacles.

S'MAKE YOUR CHOICE, NERDS.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A:- Play the main quest with Sorian, who is sworn to carry to your burdens. (Lynch Blargonaut today, and I shall bestow my Blessing upon you, no ire.)

OR

B:- Take my fucking side-quest to the heart of the Shivering Isles. (Don't lynch me today, because I'm a known quantity; instead, lynch an unknown quantity to gain 100% unknown info, and gamble with the fact that I may or may not survive to Day 3 for you to use me. It's entirely a cosmic gamble that relies on power role distribution and blind faith in the stars. Let's fuck. REMEMBER: My Blessing's damage output scales the higher the level/Day you are when you claim me, but only to a point. Lynch me on Day 3. It's the sweet spot.)

Zatoth

Another reminder: As soon as a player has 11 votes, the day ends. There is no way to influence the outcome of the day with changing your vote after that. Further votes will not be counted. You are still allowed to post, until I officially end the day. Thanks to time zones this could take some time.

Blargonaut (9)
GreatCharleston
TheWorthyEdge
Never Forever
johnnyquicknives
ultron87
Matt Attack
Timeaisis
Coppanuva
nin1000

Coppanuva (5)
Rats Off To Ya
Droplet
Darryl
Lord of Castamere
Blargonaut

GreatCharleston (2)
Flame_AC
ScraftyDevil

Sorian (1)
Neuromancer

nin1000 (1)
Sorian

11 votes are need to end the day early

t1439578800z0.png

Timeaisis

Not sure how I feel about the bolded list considering that I currently distrust the two of you. Ultron more so than you but I thought I'd throw it other there. That being said, yes, the distraction is just going to keep cutting away at what we are actually here to do, kill cultists.

Not trying to ally us all here or anything, just making the point that it seems Blarg is suspicious of us three (and some others) because we're intent on getting rid of him. Like, I don't really see much suspicion on us except that "they are voting for me a lot". Well, yeah. I sure am and I've stated my point a thousand times and haven't conceded yet, which is exactly what he wants.

He's just trying to save his skin and nothing more. It's so obvious.

Not trying to ally us all here or anything, just making the point that it seems Blarg is suspicious of us three (and some others) because we're intent on getting rid of him. Like, I don't really see much suspicion on us except that "they are voting for me a lot". Well, yeah. I sure am and I've stated my point a thousand times and haven't conceded yet, which is exactly what he wants.

He's just trying to save his skin and nothing more. It's so obvious.

I just don't want to be wasted, is all.

UNVOTE: Coppanuva

VOTE: Timeaisis

You know what, I think I'm more curious now to see what Timeaisis is than Coppanuva.

Why don't we all vote Timeaisis out?

My presence has allowed him to conveniently keep engaged the entire game. So, why don't we take a little peek at what a true anti-Blarg player looks like, under the mask?

Timeaisis

I just don't want to be wasted, is all.

So what's your reasoning for calling us Cult? Other than us calling for your lynch, which, I'd argue, is a completely logical stance at this phase in the game.

You call Sorian cult it seems only because he's been on you for the last couple days now. My read on Sorian is that he's very, very likely town. Ultron I'm more unsure of, but he hasn't been on my radar that much.

Anyway, regardless of how you feel about those that want you dead, can you give us a reason why you should live past this day. Let's assume your done with your riddles and games (which I'll admit, you'd lightened up on a bit). What is the advantage of keeping a neutral player with completely unknown motives alive when if we lynch that person (you) today we can protect a town from a night kill? Seems like it's in the town's best interest to me, but I'd really like to hear what you living has to offer us in the future.

Sorian

Banned
UNVOTE: Coppanuva

VOTE: Timeaisis

You know what, I think I'm more curious now to see what Timeaisis is than Coppanuva.

Why don't we all vote Timeaisis out?

My presence has allowed him to conveniently keep engaged the entire game. So, why don't we take a little peek at what a true anti-Blarg player looks like, under the mask?

You can't have my vote at the moment, it's being used to pressure someone else but I would love to hear Timeaisis' thoughts on players who are not Blarg. It's something.

So what's your reasoning for calling us Cult? Other than us calling for your lynch, which, I'd argue, is a completely logical stance at this phase in the game.

You call Sorian cult it seems only because he's been on you for the last couple days now. My read on Sorian is that he's very, very likely town. Ultron I'm more unsure of, but he hasn't been on my radar that much.

Anyway, regardless of how you feel about those that want you dead, can you give us a reason why you should live past this day. Let's assume your done with your riddles and games (which I'll admit, you'd lightened up on a bit). What is the advantage of keeping a neutral player with completely unknown motives alive when if we lynch that person (you) today we can protect a town from a night kill? Seems like it's in the town's best interest to me, but I'd really like to hear what you living has to offer us in the future.

Scroll up, click back a few times, read my posts, Timeaisis. My motives are entirely known.

If you want to be true anti-Blarg, you gotta commit more.

Timeaisis

My top two candidates for cultists right now are Coppa and Flame_AC.

Coppa, for reasons expressed by basically everyone, a generally scumminess in the beginning of the game. I've expressed this as much.

As for Flame, a couple days back he kept flip flopping on who to vote for, and seems to vote for who currently has the bandwagon or easily backs down from votes when pressure is applied.

Other than that, ultron and Darryl are unknown, but I get a slight read on both of those as suspicious. Not enough to go after a lynch or anything. Ultron's post have come infrequently, so it may just be I haven't heard from him enough.

Timeaisis

Blarg I know your motives. You want to live and help town. I'm asking how you intend to do this past today, with the cult knowing full well your power.

Coppa, for reasons expressed by basically everyone, a generally scumminess in the beginning of the game. I've expressed this as much.

As for Flame, a couple days back he kept flip flopping on who to vote for, and seems to vote for who currently has the bandwagon or easily backs down from votes when pressure is applied.

Other than that, ultron and Darryl are unknown, but I get a slight read on both of those as suspicious. Not enough to go after a lynch or anything. Ultron's post have come infrequently, so it may just be I haven't heard from him enough.

All names on MY list. Convenient.

Sorian

Banned

It's a safe list but it's not really one I can contend with, I'm skeptical of both Coppa and Flame for the same reasons. Darryl is truly an unknown to me but Ultron still reads more scummy than others though I think that is more gut than real impressions since his posts are few and far between.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, the most suspicious half. That I noticed.

Are you telling me that you actually share my opinions? So why do you want to kill me then, if you know my motives are to "live and help town"?

We've been over this, you can say whatever you'd like, at the end of the day, your motivations are for your win condition. You are a very pro-town role which is why we had to receive a reward for killing you because if we helped each other for too long, you would get a win and we would only be part of the way to our goal. We still only want to kill you for the cult block tonight.

Blarg I know your motives. You want to live and help town. I'm asking how you intend to do this past today, with the cult knowing full well your power.

I live to die. If I live through today and I die tonight, I'll have absorbed a kill for the Town, and I'd have saved 1 Townsfolk from death.

If I live through today AND tonight, you can all lynch me tomorrow, free of charge. My power is more useful

If 2 Cultists happen to die tonight by some miracle, that means my Win condition will have been achieved, and I would Ascend off this mundane plane.

But, it wouldn't matter that I Won. Two Cultists would be dead. Town would be ballin', they wouldn't need me anymore.

Timeaisis

Yeah, the most suspicious half. That I noticed.

Are you telling me that you actually share my opinions? So why do you want to kill me then, if you know my motives are to "live and help town"?

Do I have to go over this again?

1. You claim your motives to be pro-town, but we have no idea what your real motives are. You are neutral, after all.
2. We get a night of no town kills RIGHT NOW if we lynch you today.
3. You have generally made the game focus entirely on you

I know I've focused on you a lot, so has this entire group. I want to hunt scum. But it's going to be very difficult while you are still in play because every day which we should be establishing new reads and suspicion we are going to be fighting over whether or not to lynch you. Like we are doing right now. And every day you are going to put up a big fight to survive and everyone is going to have to decide whether or not you deserve to have a second chance and live. So my opinion is, as it pretty much has been consistently through this game, to lynch you now, get the free no kill night, and be done with it. It's nothing personal.

That being said, we do align similarly on suspicions.

Sorian

Banned
I live to die. If I live through today and I die tonight, I'll have absorbed a kill for the Town, and I'd have saved 1 Townsfolk from death.

If I live through today AND tonight, you can all lynch me tomorrow, free of charge. My power is more useful

If 2 Cultists happen to die tonight by some miracle, that means my Win condition will have been achieved, and I would Ascend off this mundane plane.

But, it wouldn't matter that I Won. Two Cultists would be dead. Town would be ballin', they wouldn't need me anymore.

We both know 2 cultists can't die tonight. The cult won't (can't?) kill one of their own. Now maybe you mean we lynch a cultist in your place then the serial killer or whatever kills a cult tonight, yes that puts us in a good position but the serial killer is going to kill whoever they want tonight anyway and whatever cultist we might have killed today can just be lynched tomorrow but at the added benefit that your death blocked a tourist from dying to the cult tonight.

We've been over this, you can say whatever you'd like, at the end of the day, your motivations are for your win condition. You are a very pro-town role which is why we had to receive a reward for killing you because if we helped each other for too long, you would get a win and we would only be part of the way to our goal. We still only want to kill you for the cult block tonight.

MY WIN CONDITION IS WHEN 3 CULTISTS ARE DEAD. CULTISTS.

Darryl

Banned
I don't like how Coppanuva came out of the woodworks to pile onto me the moment I did something that could conceivably be seen as scummy.

I don't like how Coppanuva came out of the woodworks to pile onto me the moment I did something that could conceivably be seen as scummy.

Coppanuvo reeks of scum. His reverse psychology today "I want you to vote for me", and the whole list bullshit yesterday.

He's talking a tad more now, but it's not helping his case.

We both know 2 cultists can't die tonight. The cult won't (can't?) kill one of their own. Now maybe you mean we lynch a cultist in your place then the serial killer or whatever kills a cult tonight, yes that puts us in a good position but the serial killer is going to kill whoever they want tonight anyway and whatever cultist we might have killed today can just be lynched tomorrow but at the added benefit that your death blocked a tourist from dying to the cult tonight.

If the Cult or your proposed Serial Killer (who's existence we have NO proof of) attacks me tonight, I'd have blocked a Tourist death ANYWAY, SORIAN.

So it's a serial killer now that it doesn't support your argument?

Coppanuva

Yup, and I don't like it when you and Rats off To Ya came out of the woodwork and did the same to me. But that's how the game is played...

Still working on that thing I wanted to talk about tonight though.

Sorian

Banned
If the Cult or your proposed Serial Killer (who's existence we have NO proof of) attacks me tonight, I'd have blocked a Tourist death ANYWAY, SORIAN.

Someone killed an extra person last night and it certainly wasn't a cultist.

So it's a serial killer now that it doesn't support your argument?

What does this even mean? I said "serial killer or whatever" because it doesn't matter what they were in that example, I'm talking about a third party killer that would not be blocked by Blarg's death.

Do I have to go over this again?

1. You claim your motives to be pro-town, but we have no idea what your real motives are. You are neutral, after all.
2. We get a night of no town kills RIGHT NOW if we lynch you today.
3. You have generally made the game focus entirely on you

I know I've focused on you a lot, so has this entire group. I want to hunt scum. But it's going to be very difficult while you are still in play because every day which we should be establishing new reads and suspicion we are going to be fighting over whether or not to lynch you. Like we are doing right now. And every day you are going to put up a big fight to survive and everyone is going to have to decide whether or not you deserve to have a second chance and live. So my opinion is, as it pretty much has been consistently through this game, to lynch you now, get the free no kill night, and be done with it. It's nothing personal.

That being said, we do align similarly on suspicions.

OH MYYYYYYY GREAAAAT GOOOOOOOOOOGGLLLLYYYYY MOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGLLLLYYYYY.

ARE YOU FOR REAL?

1. "REAL MOTIVES"? ARE YOU JOKING? HAVE YOU SEEN MY WIN CONDITION?

2. IF I STAY ALIVE TONIGHT, you get a night of no Town kills RIGHT NOW if the Cultists choose to target me tonight ANYWAY. If a double kill occurs tonight, thus proving a third party's existence, that little revelatory night act WOULD HAVE HAPPENED ANYWAY if my Cultist cock-block was in effect. It would've just happened SOLO instead of coupled with the Cultist kill. The Town gains more the longer they delay killing me. DEAD OR ALIVE, I'M A WASTED NIGHT KILL FOR BOTH CULTIST OR NEUTRAL SK. TOWN GAINS EVERYTHING BY KEEPING ME ALIVE BY NOT LYNCHING ME. I REALIZED THAT, AND SO SHOULD YOU.

3. When I can tease out obvious Cultists like you from the shadows, me making the game about myself is entirely worth it for the Town.

You're powerpoint's full of buzzwords and lingo, Timeaisis. Full of it.

We align on our suspicions because you've been surfing on my surfboard since the very beginning.

YOU should be voted out.

YOU, TIMEAISIS.

Sorian

Banned
2. IF I STAY ALIVE TONIGHT, you get a night of no Town kills RIGHT NOW if the Cultists choose to target me tonight ANYWAY. If a double kill occurs tonight, thus proving a third party's existence, that little revelatory night act WOULD HAVE HAPPENED ANYWAY if my Cultist cock-block was in effect. It would've just happened SOLO instead of coupled with the Cultist kill. The Town gains more the longer they delay killing me. DEAD OR ALIVE, I'M A WASTED NIGHT KILL FOR BOTH CULTIST OR NEUTRAL SK. TOWN GAINS EVERYTHING BY KEEPING ME ALIVE BY NOT LYNCHING ME. I REALIZED THAT, AND SO SHOULD YOU.

Killing you means only one person would die tonight. Letting you stay alive means 2 people would die tonight. Killing you means that the one person dying would be from the entire pool of players while letting you stay alive means one would be from the entire pool and one would definitely not be cultist. A third party killer has 0 reason to kill you so let's not pretend they are going to bother with you. The cult will also ignore you unless they gain some power from sacrificing you. They are never going to waste their kill on you unless it provides them a new advantage because you being here causes all of the chaos for them and they know that it is a waste of a night to kill you, unless as I said before, they get power from it.

You keep disputing a third party killer and saying we would need another night to prove that so what's your theory on what happened last night? Sure, I have been making an assumption with a third party killer that could be neutral or could be town-aligned but if there is another answer here, please let me know.

What does this even mean? I said "serial killer or whatever" because it doesn't matter what they were in that example, I'm talking about a third party killer that would not be blocked by Blarg's death.

You were pretty sure the 3rd party killer was a Vigilante yesterday. What changed?

Sorian

Banned
You were pretty sure the 3rd party killer was a Vigilante yesterday. What changed?

Nothing? That's still my theory but the alignment of the killer didn't matter in that example and it seems more people think it's a serial killer so I said that there because it made more sense to more people. Feel free to go read my posts on the matter, I use the word vigilante and serial killer pretty interchangeably but if you want it spelled out, yes, I think the killer is town-aligned currently and that has been my same thought on the matter during all of day 2. They targeted the person who "lost" the vote yesterday which sounds like something a good town-aligned killer would do.

RetroMG

Just a thought.

If I were cult, and if the town left Blarg alive, I would absolutely not kill him tonight. I would go after someone else. That would further heighten the paranoia, spur on further Blarguments, and make an even better smokescreen for me to hide in. Then I would just have to gauge the desperation level of the remaining players to try to make sure that I actually take Blarg out before they do.

Sorian

Banned
Just a thought.

If I were cult, and if the town left Blarg alive, I would absolutely not kill him tonight. I would go after someone else. That would further heighten the paranoia, spur on further Blarguments, and make an even better smokescreen for me to hide in. Then I would just have to gauge the desperation level of the remaining players to try to make sure that I actually take Blarg out before they do.

All of this. And if cult starts playing a game of chicken with us on who will finally be the one to kill Blarg, what does cult lose if they end up misgauging and we get to lynch him instead? They lose a night of killing. What happens if they use their night kill to kill Blarg? They lose a night of killing. They are losing a night kill regardless unless A) we wait too long and Blarg wins or B) our fears are true and they get something for killing him. B might be unlikely but its dangerous and we should avoid the possibility while we have the chance and I still argue that using this early is the best time to do it while we still have PRs alive that can gather concrete information.

Killing you means only one person would die tonight. Letting you stay alive means 2 people would die tonight. Killing you means that the one person dying would be from the entire pool of players while letting you stay alive means one would be from the entire pool and one would definitely not be cultist. A third party killer has 0 reason to kill you so let's not pretend they are going to bother with you. The cult will also ignore you unless they gain some power from sacrificing you. They are never going to waste their kill on you unless it provides them a new advantage because you being here causes all of the chaos for them and they know that it is a waste of a night to kill you, unless as I said before, they get power from it.

You keep disputing a third party killer and saying we would need another night to prove that so what's your theory on what happened last night? Sure, I have been making an assumption with a third party killer that could be neutral or could be town-aligned but if there is another answer here, please let me know.

AND YOU. YOU, SORIAN.

YOU'RE NOT CONFIRMED PRO-TOWN. I AM.

YOU ARE IN IT ONLY FOR YOUR WIN CONDITION. THE PROBLEM IS, WE DON'T KNOW YOUR WIN CONDITION. WE DON'T KNOW YOU.

WHY DON'T YOU GET SOME COURAGE AND ROLE-CLAIM, RIGHT NOW. ARE YOU REALLY TOWN, TOWN LIKE I AM? JOIN ME IN THE DAYLIGHT.

WHO ARE YOU ALL GOING TO BELIEVE? THE CONFIRMED PRO-TOWN SPAMMER, OR JUST THE SPAMMER?

VOTE OUT TIMEAISIS. YOU SAID IT YOURSELF, SORIAN; YOU DON'T KNOW THE MOTIVES OF A THIRD-PARTY KILLER. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IF YOUR CRACKPOT CULT CORRUPTION THEORY EVEN EXISTS. I CAN TELL YOU THAT MY ROLE PM STATES NOTHING OF THE SORT. IF IT TOLD ME ABOUT MATT ATTACK'S ROLE EXISTENCE, IT WOULD HAVE TOLD ME ABOUT THAT TOO. THAT, I BELIEVE.

IF THE 3RD PARTY (IF IT EVEN EXISTS) IS PRO-CULT, THEN THEY HAVE EVERYTHING TO GAIN BY KILLING ME TONIGHT, BECAUSE KILLING ME WOULD BE CONDUCIVE TO REDUCING THE NON-CULT HEAD COUNT, AND THEREFORE THE CULT'S WIN CONDITION, AND THEIR OWN.

BUT THIS IS ALL SPECULATION. YOU SAID IT YOURSELF. YOU DON'T KNOW THE ALLEGED THIRD PARTY KILLER'S MOTIVES. NONE OF US DO, EXCEPT THE ALLEGED INDIVIDUAL IN QUESTION. ALLEGED.

BUT YOU KNOW MY MOTIVES.

I MAY BE NEUTRAL, BUT I'M PRO-TOWN. MY FUCKING WIN CONDITION IS PRO-TOWN. I'M FUCKING CONFIRMED PRO-TOWN, AND YET YOU STILL WANNA KILL ME?

I WANT EVERYONE TO LOOK AT YOU, SORIAN.

Sorian

Banned
AND YOU. YOU, SORIAN.

YOU'RE NOT CONFIRMED PRO-TOWN. I AM.

YOU ARE IN IT ONLY FOR YOUR WIN CONDITION. THE PROBLEM IS, WE DON'T KNOW YOUR WIN CONDITION. WE DON'T KNOW YOU.

WHY DON'T YOU GET SOME COURAGE AND ROLE-CLAIM, RIGHT NOW. ARE YOU REALLY TOWN, TOWN LIKE I AM? JOIN ME IN THE DAYLIGHT.

WHO ARE YOU ALL GOING TO BELIEVE? THE CONFIRMED PRO-TOWN SPAMMER, OR JUST THE SPAMMER?

VOTE OUT TIMEAISIS. YOU SAID IT YOURSELF, SORIAN; YOU DON'T KNOW THE MOTIVES OF A THIRD-PARTY KILLER. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IF YOUR CRACKPOT CULT CORRUPTION THEORY EVEN EXISTS. I CAN TELL YOU THAT MY ROLE PM STATES NOTHING OF THE SORT. IF IT TOLD ME ABOUT MATT ATTACK'S ROLE EXISTENCE, IT WOULD HAVE TOLD ME ABOUT THAT TOO. THAT, I BELIEVE.

IF THE 3RD PARTY (IF IT EVEN EXISTS) IS PRO-CULT, THEN THEY HAVE EVERYTHING TO GAIN BY KILLING ME TONIGHT, BECAUSE KILLING ME WOULD BE CONDUCIVE TO REDUCING THE NON-CULT HEAD COUNT, AND THEREFORE THE CULT'S WIN CONDITION, AND THEIR OWN.

BUT THIS IS ALL SPECULATION. YOU SAID IT YOURSELF. YOU DON'T KNOW THE ALLEGED THIRD PARTY KILLER'S MOTIVES. NONE OF US DO, EXCEPT THE ALLEGED INDIVIDUAL IN QUESTION. ALLEGED.

BUT YOU KNOW MY MOTIVES.

I MAY BE NEUTRAL, BUT I'M PRO-TOWN. MY FUCKING WIN CONDITION IS PRO-TOWN. I'M FUCKING CONFIRMED PRO-TOWN, AND YET YOU STILL WANNA KILL ME?

I WANT EVERYONE TO LOOK AT YOU, SORIAN.

I have no reason to role claim, I'm not dumb.

What are you on about with the bolded? I find it highly unlikely at this time that the "alleged" killer is cult-aligned. It is possible and they just don't know who any of the cultists are but Prodigy is not who a cult-aligned individual would have killed last night, it makes much more sense for someone acting in town's interest to choose Prodigy. And yes, I still want to kill you. The power you give us is worth a lot more than you are. Maybe I'd think otherwise if you weren't a constant talking point but you are and there is nothing else to learn from you so, without any informational contributions and as much of a distraction as you are, I'd rather see you dead and get effect from your power.

I have no reason to role claim, I'm not dumb.

What are you on about with the bolded? I find it highly unlikely at this time that the "alleged" killer is cult-aligned. It is possible and they just don't know who any of the cultists are but Prodigy is not who a cult-aligned individual would have killed last night, it makes much more sense for someone acting in town's interest to choose Prodigy. And yes, I still want to kill you. The power you give us is worth a lot more than you are. Maybe I'd think otherwise if you weren't a constant talking point but you are and there is nothing else to learn from you so, without any informational contributions and as much of a distraction as you are, I'd rather see you dead and get effect from your power.

You still don't get it, do you?

I exist as both a rally point, and a point to ignore.

I am the line in the sand on this fucking beach. I AM THE LINE.

AND IF THE LOT OF YOU WERE A SMART FUCKING TOURIST, YOU'D HAVE REALIZED THAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BEST TO NOT HAVE CROSSED IT WITH A VOTE AGAINST ME. I WARNED YOU ALL BEFORE TO "NOT SPEAK TO ME". YOU SHOULD'VE FUCKING IGNORED MY EXISTENCE FROM THE START.

MY LIST OF CULTIST SUSPECTS IS FULL OF SHORT-SIGHTED USELESS TOWN OR CULTISTS.

YOU CAN BET ON THAT.

I think I'm about done with Blarg. I'm not switching my vote yet in case of a majority, but at this point I'm not sure town can take another day with blarg. Let's hope something good happens behind the scenes, and return to Coppanuvo tomorrow.

UNVOTE:Coppanuvo

RetroMG

I'm not going to push the clock closer to Doomsday, but yeah, my vote is for Blarg. If we don't kill him today, and cult leaves him alive tonight, we're just going to have more havoc.

Sorry, Blarg.

Sorian

Banned
I think I'm about done with Blarg. I'm not switching my vote yet in case of a majority, but at this point I'm not sure town can take another day with blarg. Let's hope something good happens behind the scenes, and return to Coppanuvo tomorrow.

UNVOTE:Coppanuvo

Now you're just being mean with that typo. I'm glad more people are seeing reason though, we aren't going to be able to scum hunt when it's the Blarg show 24/7.

Sorian

Banned
For the record, I was going to actually vote, but it would put us to 10,which is too close for comfort.

Yeah, don't push the vote. We have at least one more loose end I want to tie up before the day is out and I also wanted to post my thoughts again sometime tonight. I did it on the first day as my own possible eulogy, might as well do it again just in case.

Droplet

It's Coppanuva, LoC.

If nobody is going to move on their position, we should just end the day early. The only new information I've learned since the last time I've posted is that we post more Danganronpa sprites than the Danganronpa thread. We're arguing ourselves in circles, and if the only people willing to contribute to the argument are saying the same things over and over again, we're not going to get any new information by letting the day keep going.

Sorian

Banned
It's Coppanuva, LoC.

If nobody is going to move on their position, we should just end the day early. The only new information I've learned since the last time I've posted is that we post more Danganronpa sprites than the Danganronpa thread. We're arguing ourselves in circles, and if the only people willing to contribute to the argument are saying the same things over and over again, we're not going to get any new information by letting the day keep going.

If we end the day early, we would just be letting someone off the hook and I'm not up for that. Also, whether you see it as valuable or not, we did get Charleston to speak up a tad more which was important as well.

Top Bottom