• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

DGJEVR3.gif

...hey everyone, if I post "normally" will you accept me into your social group?

I promise to behave from now on.

Honest.

Sorian

Banned
The only way me and Darryl could be suspicious is if you think our strategy was to bus one of our own on Day One. I mean, it's not out of the realm of possibility, but it's a terrible place to start.

If the cult did decide to throw Prodigy under the bus, I only think one of you two would be cult. That's just my feeling on the matter. Although I raised my suspicions earlier on this, it was mostly just to get people thinking that this might be the case. By itself, I don't think it means much but it could be very important later.

If the cult did decide to throw Prodigy under the bus, I only think one of you two would be cult. That's just my feeling on the matter. Although I raised my suspicions earlier on this, it was mostly just to get people thinking that this might be the case. By itself, I don't think it means much but it could be very important later.

I agree. I wasn't trying to tie myself to Darryl (*shudder*), just saying we're in similar places on the "People To Suspect" list. If we get down that far it's definitely worth looking at one of us.

PROTIP: It's not me.

The only way me and Darryl could be suspicious is if you think our strategy was to bus one of our own on Day One. I mean, it's not out of the realm of possibility, but it's a terrible place to start.

Yes, but Lp also had a pretty horrible start. If it was a bandwagon it could be argued that you(one of you) made the best of a bad situation.

Coppanuva

Why not? He lost 2-7, you could have easily known he wouldn't lose that day and planned it as evidence for the future.

Sorian

Banned
Yes, but Lp also had a pretty horrible start. If it was a bandwagon it could be argued that you(one of you) made the best of a bad situation.

Yup, I get the feeling Prodigy went rogue before talking about it with his cultist buddies. I'm sure someone tried to make the best of a bad situation.

Droplet

While these could be points to bring up in the future, they're not really worth talking about on day 2 when it seems that almost every other scenario to the contrary is more plausible.

Can someone count how many angles I've tried to take towards not getting myself lynched today? What form is this now?

Have I used the "angsty statement of self-isolation in the hopes of baiting pity unvotes" yet? No, right?

Uhh, okay--

*ahem*

*sigh* It's 5AM here, going to bed.

I can tell when I'm not wanted anymore. I'm just going to start lurking from now on. I apologize to everyone, for, like, ruining your game, and tarnishing your entire community and its reputation. Sorry.

I'll take a step back for Season 4 and try hosting from now on instead of playing, if I can get the game plan written up by then. I'm better suited to be behind-the-scenes. Enjoy your kill-free Night. I hope you enjoy the rest of the game without my inane monologues and caps lock to distract you. I just wanted to try a play-style that didn't involve the usual approach. I'm sorry.

Please, forgive me. Enjoy the rest of the game.

...is it working, are you pity-unvoting me yet

Sorian

Banned
While these could be points to bring up in the future, they're not really worth talking about on day 2 when it seems that almost every other scenario to the contrary is more plausible.

As I'm going to do each day before night starts, I'm going to mention off the wall theories that people might not get to so then there is record of it if I am killed off.

Can someone count how many angles I've tried to take towards not getting myself lynched today? What form is this now?

Have I used the "angsty statement of self-isolation in the hopes of baiting pity unvotes" yet? No, right?

Uhh, okay--

*ahem*

I can tell when I'm not wanted anymore. I'm just going to start lurking from now on. I apologize to everyone, for, like, ruining your game, and tarnishing your entire community and its reputation. Sorry.

I'll take a step back for Season 4 and try hosting from now on instead of playing, if I can get the game plan written up by then. I'm better suited to be behind-the-scenes. Enjoy your kill-free Night. I hope you enjoy the rest of the game without my inane monologues and caps lock to distract you. I just wanted to try a play-style that didn't involve the usual approach. I'm sorry.

I love you Blarg, you're on form 7 currently and no I don't pity you.

I am also going to bed so I will be away from the thread for an extended period of time. Night all.

RetroMG

I'm tempted to enter an unvote for Blarg, even though I haven't actually voted for him officially.

But I don't want to piss of Zatoth.

I got all these cards and I don't know which one to FLIP

I tried the "appeal to your spirit of adventure and natural human curiosity" card, right?

What the hell is going to work on you people, just let me live today damnit

RetroMG

You know, if you were to promise to play straight, and the other players thought they could play without being distracted, I would be willing to let you live. My only argument for lynching you is that we can't seem to move on.

On the other hand, telling you to stop being crazy would be like telling Edison to stop inventing, or telling DaVinci to stop painting.

Uhh, okay--

*ahem*

What have I done?

Please don't hate me too much

I got all these cards and I don't know which one to FLIP

I tried the "appeal to your spirit of adventure and natural human curiosity" card, right?

What the hell is going to work on you people, just let me live today damnit
Don't bitch me out, I didn't vote to lynch you. Even though you think I'm a cultist because reasons.

Coppanuva

I'm curious about what theories you might have to explain me, do tell.

Well, there's a few ways to look at it... if we take you at strictly your word value you say you won't let me be lynched today. This suggests you have some way of influencing the outcome of this vote. I mean, granted the way the numbers are stacked, this could just be casting a vote on blargonaut and ending the day early if needed. I don't really want to go too in depth here, in case I'm correct on this.

The other way is that you get me. You understand me and the role I have to play in a way few others here can, and are prepared to use that understanding to argue for me.

The other alternative is that you don't actually know and you're really hoping I flip town when I die so you come out looking good. Regardless, you've made an ally out of me for the time being.

You know, if you were to promise to play straight, and the other players thought they could play without being distracted, I would be willing to let you live. My only argument for lynching you is that we can't seem to move on.

On the other hand, telling you to stop being crazy would be like telling Edison to stop inventing, or telling DaVinci to stop painting.

BUT, PEOPLE CAN CHANGE~

I... CAN CHANGE

aWqXmNg.gif

Why not? He lost 2-7, you could have easily known he wouldn't lose that day and planned it as evidence for the future.

Shit, I'll respond to this, lest it fester in anybody's mind.

Nobody was talking about Prodigy when I started the bandwagon on him. He made a bad play, but it looked like it wasn't gonna get him into any trouble. My case was what brought him back into the spotlight, and I consistently campaigned for it.

The only thing that stopped its momentum was the Blarg drama, which I couldn't possibly have predicted. Afterward, Sorian made a late game push for Tucah, which I didn't debate because I didn't think Tucah was a terrible choice, and because splitting the vote any more would have put Blarg's life at risk. I commented on the vote, tacitly reminding everyone that, hey, if Tucah flips Tourist, let's check out my guy next.

So no, I didn't fucking plan for Prodigy to lose the vote. You're employing horrible Tourist logic or a horrible Cultist tactic. Neither is helping your case.

UNVOTE: Blargonaut

I don't know guys. I know it would be Pro Town to kill him tonight and I want that but I also feel like there's something much bigger behind what he's trying to say.

What that is exactly I don't know. I don't even know if there IS anything that he's trying to say but we know what he is. We can kill him tomorrow and choose someone we actually deem suspicious today knowing that what we do tomorrow will be Pro Town. We could potentially hit a Cultist today right, so why don't we take that chance and KNOW we will do something good tomorrow?

2OQBGyM.jpg

What have I done?

Please don't hate me too much

300_Ephialtes.jpg FTFY

lol but seriously though, in the end it really wasn't your fault. :p It was my own nuclear slip-up:

I should've went the way of dismissing your claim as invented lore and ignoring it, but I was too damn hasty in the heat of the moment and dropped the post before thinking it through. I guess you could say I was "hot out the fucking gate"

BOOM, TRIPLE-RELEVANT 300/THERMOPYLAE/GAFIA DARRYL REFERENCE *S-RANK

Once I had said it, I could've tried hand-waving this slip-up away as meaningless drama fluff, but it felt TOO poignant. Saying this one word sunk all my credibility; ever since that post, all my text walls have been towards a salvage operation of the Love Boat, but it seems like I don't got enough ballast :(

Looks like I'm going to Sean Bean it again :eek:

Cthulhu mafia™ - If you don't write a post that's on par with the size of your average novella you're instantly a cultist. You all keep saying "Prove yourself, prove yourself." Which is pretty bullshit if you ask me, since most of you are about on equal level with me but get off free. How exactly do I prove myself, shall I break the fourth wall and post a screenshot of my role is that what you want? Ayy.

Here's the list of people I really do not trust or seemingly go under the radar: Lord of Castamere, Darryl, Flame_AC, TheWorthyEdge, Timeasis. "Bluh bluh you're just trying to get the attention off of yourself!" No, that isn't my intention these are the list of people I generally see who don't pick up ANY heat whatsoever and that could be just what they want but y'know how Cthulhu mafia is...

Also you all say stuff like I haven't posted in a while, it's not hard to click my name and see when I was last online. Chances are I'm sleeping or doing something else. GOD DAMN.

Anyway, what's up? We good, is Blarg enjoying his final hours?

I don't know how I didn't see it before. It was there all along.

I've already told you all about my Win condition. I've fought for it. But the one thing I've failed to contemplate, is Matt Attack's Win condition. I've been dismissing him as a meddling kid all this time, and failed to pay attention to him.

Matt Attack wins once I'm gone. Once I get lynched today, he wins.

I disappear. ( -1 player from the game )
Matt Attack disappears. ( -1 player from the game )

The problem is, we're both Neutrals. We're not Cultists. Every non-Cult body in the game is a meat shield against the Cult's Win condition of outnumbering you. The Town will experience 2 deaths tonight if you lynch me, PLUS the possible 2 deaths by Cult night action and the possible 3rd party SK.

If you lynch me, Town has the potential to lose up to 4 bodies tonight, including me. Is that worth my Night protection blessing? I don't think so.

It would be best for Town not to lynch me. Just keep me alive, and you keep Matt Attack alive. You need to keep us around and not lynch us. It's better.

I mean 3 bodies, not 4 actually, because I'd be blessing you tonight. Unless a 3rd party has a unicorn double kill or something.

But still, that's 2 confirmed non-Cult deaths if you lynch me today, and 3 bodies total you'd be potentially losing tonight, if you lynch me.

If you DON'T lynch me today and lynch someone else, you still have the potential to lose 3 people total tonight, but 2 of them DEFINITELY won't be confirmed Neutrals like me and Matt Attack.

- By lynching me, you CONFIRMED lose 2 confirmed Neutrals (who, despite being Neutrals, still add to the anti-Cult head-count) AND 1 POTENTIAL Town to a possible 3rd-party tonight. A good thing, but enacted too early. Your investigative roles need a smaller player count right now, not extra time. It's still the early game; there are still enough Ordinary Tourists in the pool to soak up potential hits. It's too early for my power to actually mean something.

- By NOT lynching me, you POTENTIALLY lose 3 confirmed Town (1 possibly from lynch, 2 possibly tonight from Cult kill + possible SK) tonight, because the Cult, if smart, won't target me or Matt Attack tonight as we're wasted night targets. HOWEVER, it's only Day 2, and the loss of 3 Town is still entirely survivable, even if you lose more power roles tonight. In the end, your got votes will kill the Cultists. It's still the early game, despite the page count, and you need deaths of unknown quantities right now, not known Neutrals like me and Matt Attack. Town needs a smaller player count right now for their investigative roles to have a smaller pool of suspects, to increase the chances of them finding a Cultist. You need to allow the attacks to happen tonight. There are enough players still that the odds are still in your power roles' favour.

Remember, my power has more lucrative effect the smaller the head-count. Lynch me tomorrow, when the player count has decreased a bit more for my block power to mean more.

It would be better for Town to keep us Neutrals in play, and lynch another suspect today.

Please, there are only a few hours left, and this is the optimal strategy for Town. It's still the early game, and you need less unknowns. Town needs deaths right now. Me and Matt Attack are knowns, and it's too early to engage my power. Even your investigative roles need a smaller play count, and there are still enough players in the game to act as a buffer against their deaths. You lose more if you lynch me, because I take Matt Attack with me.

Sorian

Banned
UNVOTE: Blargonaut

I don't know guys. I know it would be Pro Town to kill him tonight and I want that but I also feel like there's something much bigger behind what he's trying to say.

What that is exactly I don't know. I don't even know if there IS anything that he's trying to say but we know what he is. We can kill him tomorrow and choose someone we actually deem suspicious today knowing that what we do tomorrow will be Pro Town. We could potentially hit a Cultist today right, so why don't we take that chance and KNOW we will do something good tomorrow?

There's nothing bigger behind his words other than a desire to save his own life. Since we aren't in danger of pushing the vote anymore.

VOTE: Blargonaut

I don't know how I didn't see it before. It was there all along.

I've already told you all about my Win condition. I've fought for it. But the one thing I've failed to contemplate, is Matt Attack's Win condition. I've been dismissing him as a meddling kid all this time, and failed to pay attention to him.

Matt Attack wins once I'm gone. Once I get lynched today, he wins.

I disappear. ( -1 player from the game )
Matt Attack disappears. ( -1 player from the game )

The problem is, we're both Neutrals. We're not Cultists. Every non-Cult body in the game is a meat shield against the Cult's Win condition of outnumbering you. The Town will experience 2 deaths tonight if you lynch me, PLUS the possible 2 deaths by Cult night action and the possible 3rd party SK.

If you lynch me, Town has the potential to lose up to 4 bodies tonight, including me. Is that worth my Night protection blessing? I don't think so.

It would be best for Town not to lynch me. Just keep me alive, and you keep Matt Attack alive. You need to keep us around and not lynch us. It's better.

I've already brought up the probability that Matt gets removed from the game. I'd agree that it could be bad for us if we didn't already have a lead with the cult kill on day 1. We still gain more from you being killed now than later in terms less distractions and being able to better identify the non-cultist aligned killer's patterns tonight.

Bullshit. You're going to lynch me because I'm a "distraction"? You don't have Town's best interests at heart, Sorian. You need to read what I wrote above and understand how rational it is.

Your vote right there is a hurried push to get me out, and a desperate one. You're making a mistake.

Matt Attack will 100% leave the game upon my lynching. It's the same situation as johnnyquicknives being Han Solo/smuggler in the Star Wars game. He will leave with me.

Town needs to allow these deaths because it's still early game, your investigative roles need the smaller player count and there are still enough bodies to even the odds against them getting hit tonight. My power will be more effective on Day 3. Lynch me on Day 3.

Unvote me now, don't do this.

There's nothing bigger behind his words other than a desire to save his own life. Since we aren't in danger of pushing the vote anymore.

VOTE: Blargonaut

I've already brought up the probability that Matt gets removed from the game. I'd agree that it could be bad for us if we didn't already have a lead with the cult kill on day 1. We still gain more from you being killed now than later in terms less distractions and being able to better identify the non-cultist aligned killer's patterns tonight.

And what lead is that anyway? Tell me exactly what you learned from that Day 1 Cult kill.

Ourobolus

Banned
Not sure if traube is around, so...

Current votes:

Blargonaut (9)
Sorian
Flame_AC
Lord of Castamere
Timeaisis
Coppanuva
nin1000
ultron87
Coppanuva
Matt Attack
Rats Off To Ya
Blargonaut
RetroMG
Sorian
TheWorthyEdge
Timeaisis
Matt Attack
Never Forever
Coppanuva
johnnyquicknives
Sorian
GreatCharleston
Sorian

TheWorthyEdge (0)
Sorian

johnnyquicknives (0)
Sorian

Coppanuva (4)
Blargonaut
Rats Off To Ya
Darryl
nin1000
Sorian
Blargonaut
Rats Off To Ya
Blargonaut
Rats Off To Ya
GreatCharleston
Blargonaut
Rats Off To Ya
Lord of Castamere
Blargonaut
Droplet
Blargonaut
Lord of Castamere

ScraftyDevil (0)
Sorian

GreatCharleston (2)
Blargonaut
ScraftyDevil
Sorian
Coppanuva
Sorian
Flame_AC
ScraftyDevil
Blargonaut
Lord of Casatmere

Sorian (1)
Neuromancer
Flame_AC
Flame_AC

Vylash (0)
johnnyquicknives

Matt Attack (0)
Blargonaut
Flame_AC
Flame_AC

Neuromancer (0)
Coppanuva
Flame_AC

Darryl (0)
Sorian

nin1000 (1)
Sorian
Sorian
Lord of Castamere

Lord of Castamere (0)
Sorian

Rats Off To Ya (0)
Flame_AC

11 votes are needed for majority.

t1439578800z0.png

Sorian

Banned
Bullshit. You're going to lynch me because I'm a "distraction"? You don't have Town's best interests at heart, Sorian. You need to read what I wrote above and understand how rational it is.

Your vote right there is a hurried push to get me out, and a desperate one. You're making a mistake.

Matt Attack will 100% leave the game upon my lynching. It's the same situation as johnnyquicknives being Han Solo/smuggler in the Star Wars game. He will leave with me.

Town needs to allow these deaths because it's still early game, your investigative roles need the smaller player count and there are still enough bodies to even the odds against them getting hit tonight. My power will be more effective on Day 3. Lynch me on Day 3.

Unvote me now, don't do this.

The bolded is the crux of your argument and I actually am not so sure it's a 100% fact. Someone brought this up earlier and I've been thinking about it and it makes a lot of sense. MattAttacks only win condition can't be that you get lynched. It's too passive of a win condition. We almost lynched you yesterday, are you saying if we had then he would have just won? No, I don't buy that. So what? If his win condition isn't to get you lynched then what is it? Well, nothing else would make sense other than him being town-aligned and removing all cult players. Sure, his fate was locked to yours, a neutral player, but that doesn't mean both of you are neutral. He is now just an ordinary tourist with you out of the game. I don't actually think he will be exiting by morning.

And what lead is that anyway? Tell me exactly what you learned from that Day 1 Cult kill.

The lead is that during day and night 1, a cultist was dead. The tourists already outnumber the cultists and throughout the entire day we traded 2 tourists for 1 cultist. The ratio was probably 4:1 to begin with and we've skewed that even more in our favor.

nin1000

Banned
Well since a lot happened in the last couple of days ( or not that much if you take out blargs post ) here are some updated thoughts on some player.
This time they make sense, since i did not rush this post and read through it several times.

NeverForever :
has called out several players of fluff in the first day but since then nothing much happened from his side. He posted an updated list of his but i guess he just watched how the situation with blarg and coppa panned out. He seems like town but i could be wrong aswell so from my side its a 50/50

Sorian :
Posts a lot ( nothing new ) but it was interesting to see him react after being called out by Neuromancer. Since he said we should not take it as something normal that someone would post THAT much.

GreatCharleston - Is a player who just recently got called out for being just active enough to not bother anyone until he got called out by several players. He proceeded to say that MattAttack should go and investigate him as soon as we killed Blarg ( which is kind of dumb, since MattAttack'S purpose was to find Lovecraft ) This one raises Flags for me

RetroMG
Seems to be playing the same game as the last time , nothing unusual since he tries to be active and contributes a lot. Seems Town

Timeaisis
Upped his activity by 100% in the last day and has been very vocal about getting blarg lynched. I share his mindset since blarg has distracted town more than helped.

Darryl
I think he is town since he calls out bullshit posts with an angry voice and is not affected by them. Keeps a clear mind.

Neuromancer
Since he had not posted much at the beginning i was unsure of him but yeah, he called out sorian for posting a lot and is a player who says that everyone , including Sorian, should be seen as suspicious

Flamce_AC:
Tries to defend Coppa but this does not make him Cult in my eyes, since he is making the most sense of almost all of the players

Rats Off To Ya:
Thought of his defense on Blarg as cultist at the beginning but after he posted more and more his reasoning made a lot more sense. thinking light town for now

Johnny :
Only chimed in when he had something to say stays just active enough to not called out. For now Town

MattAttack :
I believe in MattAttack said it earlier will do it again. I dont think he is that insane to fuck with all of us.

Loc :
Shady but you make a lot of sense , even with calling me out for not making any.

Coppa:
Thought of you as an inactive town first, you defended yourself quite well first but since then you made some scummy moves. Cant really think that you could be town.

Droplet :She was Inactive at first but after reading through her posts once again you made some good reads.

TWE: At leat a bit more active than Captain , but that is not saying much. Since you did not post that much i cant make out wether you are town or cult. NO READ

Ultron : No read aswell . You post a lot more and only then when it matters. Defended yourself quite well after being called out but still have that feeling that you might be hiding something.

Top Bottom