• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

Sorian

Banned
To piggyback off of my last post, it doesn't make sense to me that scum would hit Ty4on, now I did put all this logic out before I saw that it could possibly roleblock which means maybe they strong read PR from Ty4on which could make more sense but just as a chat hindrance? I could definitely see it as a town PR.

Coppanuva

Are we really certain that haiku is a town power? Being roleblocked if they don't adhere to it sounds too malicious to have a townie want to use it - even if they wanted to see what it was like. There is still the possibility that it is a side-effect of a beneficial power. In that case, the haiku curse may be randomly assigned after the power is used.

There's also the case that Ty4on was targeted for being slightly scummy with a low post count.

No, we're not. But we're also not certain it's scum either (hell, it could be some bizarro neutral role).

• When did this occur?
  • Why did this occur?
  • Should we even go for Ferret as the suspect or is that just Obsfucation?

Coppa jumping immediately on Ferret strikes me as odd. Either he is looking for discussion on his thoughts or is using him as a scapegoat. I'll know more if he gets off Ferret soon - though me bringing this up may cause him to do so as well.

Eh, I'm generating conversation. Waiting for everyone to post all they know only gives suspects more arguments to use. Ferret is the common link, I wanted to hear his take on it first that's all. He's provided one, I'm content with it for the moment. We're in the first 12 hours of the day phase. We have 96 hours total (so ~84 hours as of when I post this), I have no plans to keep my vote in one place when there's so much to discuss. For now, I'm content with Ferret's post (and mostly agree that any link seems tenuous, and would require the day kill and the night kill to be from the same team), but I may come back to it later.

For now, I realized there's a more pressing gap in our investigation that nobody has really pointed out lately.

Setre, what's up with no reads list from yesterday? Lots of people had some, or at least provided some opinions on other players (if it wasn't a formal list). You never posted anything like it from what I can tell. You did mention that "Everyone is holding their cards close to their chest" , but you've held them even tighter. You defended Seath, but opted for a No Lynch overall (and you actually didn't post in the last 24 hours of the day). Other than that the only player you really seemed to give any level of opinion on was Fireblend when you mentioned his whole "Role claim/not role claim" thing wayyy back at the start.

Who are your top 3 suspects right now? Who are your top 3 safes right now?

Vote: Setre

Sorian

Banned
or it forces them to write in haiku making it actually harder to read them.

Like I said, not outside of the realm of possibility at all for a power that disrupts town reads to still be town aligned, it's a negative PR which helps with game balancing and we've seen it before. I also theorized all of this before Ty4on said that it could role block or remove his vote. Even then though, we've seen a town PR that made it so someone could only vote once in a day phase and that's it. Same type of idea, it's negative utility.

UltraJay

We'll know for certain (more or less) the next day phase. If it is a town-aligned power with no other advantages then we need to agree as a town not to use it again. Yeah, it may hit scum, but who'd be willing to break the curse and lose their role? Not many. It isn't helping us at all so unless it is a side-effect of a really effective power then just hold off. "Ha ha they can only post in haikus lol" Yeah, we get it. Stop it.

If it continues, we know it's a malicious act.

Sorian

Banned
We'll know for certain (more or less) the next day phase. If it is a town-aligned power with no other advantages then we need to agree as a town not to use it again. Yeah, it may hit scum, but who'd be willing to break the curse and lose their role? Not many. It isn't helping us at all so unless it is a side-effect of a really effective power then just hold off. "Ha ha they can only post in haikus lol" Yeah, we get it. Stop it.

If it continues, we know it's a malicious act.

This is the camp I'm in, just remember, it will probably stop tomorrow regardless of alignment and the person with the power will claim town later hoping that we believe the good will that they wanted to show it to us once and that's that.

UltraJay

I don't think a town should have used it in the first place no matter how funny it is. Yeah, I guess they'd be tempted to try it out, but for all we know Retro is assigning this role randomly on their own because, hey, its Nightvale. It could be a phenomenon not assigned to a person. The glow cloud could be causing it and it isn't a player because... it's a cloud.

So you guys (Sorian and Jay) are taking a wait and see stance on the haiku issue, hoping that with time we get more info right?

Squidy what do you think since you're leaning on the haiku being an anti-town based thing, how do you think we should handle this situation? Is it also a wait and see, just with a different stance on the alliance of the power?

wow Jay you must be so lonely being the only one around for like eight hours.

Sorian I know you're waiting for Pop to reply, but if you're willing could you give me a few of the reasons you think I'm sketchy? You don't have to change your vote, I'll see it. If you want to wait that's cool too, the stress of knowing whats coming is giving me a headache is all.

Edit: Of course I would also like to know what everyone else thinks since most of the haiku discussion was speculation and not how people feel we should act iirc.

UltraJay

wow Jay you must be so lonely being the only one around for like eight hours. QUOTE]

I have work now. People should be waking up when I get back.

Pretty much all we can do is wait and see if it infects anybody else. I don't believe Ty4on can provide any more info than he already has.

UltraJay

Honestly Ferret I don't think you're getting lynched. At least not yet. It just seems like too obvious of a choice - like we're being goaded. People are just looking for any connections at all.

The haiku curse is definitely not going to have much merit on our main lynching discussion anyway so we should just drop it. We can't really say much more until we have more information. We need to find scum and a guy speaking in haiku isn't going to lead us to scum at this point.

Honestly Ferret I don't think you're getting lynched. At least not yet. It just seems like too obvious of a choice - like we're being goaded. People are just looking for any connections at all.

The haiku curse is definitely not going to have much merit on our main lynching discussion anyway so we should just drop it. We can't really say much more until we have more information. We need to find scum and a guy speaking in haiku isn't going to lead us to scum at this point.

I'm not too concerned with being lynched at the moment, I want to know what Sorian has to say but it's a different matter to me.

Fair enough about the haiku thing. I still kinda want to know what Squidy thinks about waiting, but you are right in that we should probably just move on now.

Howdy again neighbors, its been a while!

firstly let me say a big ole thank you to all of you (or shall i say most of you) for being so understanding of my most notable absence, it did just feel terrible about it but it truly couldn't be helped.
i can safely say that the leaks in my proverbial boat have been thoroughly plugged and the ship has set on a fine voyage, so y'all can expect to be seeing me round these parts a lot more, ill even try to post enough for two just to make it up to you.
also i spent the night phase go'in over the rousing discussion so far, so don't you be worry'in about me being out'a the loop going forward.

on to more current matters, i feel obliged to point out something that some may have missed about one of our more pressing mystery's:

I did not do it
It said it came from a mist
Made by a player

I wrote no message
Made by another player
Just clumsy writing

he did specify that his current ailment was in fact caused by a player among us, and not some unknowable source from beyond our reach.

throwing in my own 2 cents on the matter, im inclined to agree that this could only be the work of the scum plaguing our town, since this kind of affliction on serves to keep whomever it affects out of the general discussion, and makes them a distraction for the rest of us.
i also agree that at this point its held up discussion long enough, and we'd best move on.

UltraJay

Whoops. Those haiku just go right past me. I forgot about that part when I was theorizing.

That takes away that possibility so we don't have to worry about being randomly targeted.

Karu

That Boo kill is kinda random. The Ferret-connection seems a little to obvious for my tastes. Maybe one of the less active, less experienced players took a shot in the dark?

he did specify that his current ailment was in fact caused by a player among us, and not some unknowable source from beyond our reach.
Do you mean there was a possibility Retro could influence the game in such a way? If so, yeah, that line points at a player power.

Like, this stuff raised my alarms last night:

It seems like, totally weird to me. Putting aside like any mention of yours truly altogether, this is like a pretty weird reaction, don't ya think? Why's he like, trying to start a last minute vote train? Suuuuper bizarro, and really like, rubs me the wrong-est way for some reason.

TL21xx something we will be talking about all day, I'm sure. Mike is suss as fuck but there is a vote on him so we won't have issue keeping him engaged. Ferret is still high suspect for me as well but his back and forth with Boo Boo is still in progress. So I'll go

VOTE: Pop-O-Matic

next. The reason Scrafty brought up near the beginning of the day are pretty much spot on for me. I would say one of them flipping scum would clear the other for me but I notice amongst the posturing that Scrafty has not placed a vote on Pop at all during the entirety of this game though she has suspected him. It might be something worth following up with but we'd have to see a flip first and I find Pop to be more sus than Scrafty.

For detailed reasoning, my issue is that Pop dogged Scrafty from the opening moments of day 1, held fast to it for the longest time, and then near the end of the day phase decided to back pedal and start a lynch train on a completely player instead. This would have saved Darklighter, if successful, who we now know was a vanilla town which doesn't really make much sense. Why bother trying to do this? What was the motivation? I did think of a scenario where scum maybe thought that Stanley was a PR of some sort because all of his posts after the game started were playing a character but would that be worth outing yourself randomly? It was general scummy behavior though and I am going to place a vote now so that we have another avenue of discussion. Things stagnating this early is not going to help us any.

As I said before, I honestly thought that Darklighter was a little more valuable to keep around, since there was more discussion around him and we could get a somewhat better read on the situation if they took out him than we would with Stanley. Plus, since I had a good feeling at that point that nothing was going to happen to cause Scrafty to become a worthwhile lynch to most other players, So I decided to go with what I felt was best in the short-term rather than what I felt was the real best option. Still, I can easily see how suspicious I was acting there, and if you want to lynch me today, then I have no hard feelings.

Other thoughts:

• Since Stanley didn't get killed night 1 (and, in fact, the mafia's strategy seems to be leaning towards more active posters), I don't really think there's any point in trying to lynch him today unless he ends up sending really bad scum signals.
  • On Ty4on's haiku curse: While it's been pointed out that similar abilities have been assigned to town players before, it just seems like cursing someone to disrupt their ability to contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way just feels very anti-town. Gonna assume the ability is a scum one until proven otherwise.
  • On Boo Boo'N's death: Yeah, IDK. Scum trying to throw us off our game? Town that thought they had a good target after Ferret & Boo's back and forth? Neutral just stiring the pot for the hell of it? So many possibilities that it's almost impossible to figure out why it happened, which is NOT good for us...
  • Another thing that has been pointed out before is the fact that, despite all that is happening, Sorian and Coppa are coming out of this unscathed. It'd seem like, at the very least, one of them would have been hit with the haiku curse. I know that a lot of people think it's that scum is afraid that they might have read legit scum, but I still can't shake the feeling that they're scum themselves. Still, might be worthwhile to go through their lists and see who Sorian and Coppa suspected that Fireblend didn't.
  • On TL21xx: Hints at PR D1. Doesn't die N1. Doesn't put in his action for claimed RL reasons. Makes a full claim with a character that, according to some, isn't exactly in-flavor. Doesn't die to the out of left field day kill that happened after claim. Yeah, there's a LOT of worrying stuff going on there that makes him what I feel is our top scum for the day.

Sorian

Banned
So you guys (Sorian and Jay) are taking a wait and see stance on the haiku issue, hoping that with time we get more info right?

Squidy what do you think since you're leaning on the haiku being an anti-town based thing, how do you think we should handle this situation? Is it also a wait and see, just with a different stance on the alliance of the power?

wow Jay you must be so lonely being the only one around for like eight hours.

Sorian I know you're waiting for Pop to reply, but if you're willing could you give me a few of the reasons you think I'm sketchy? You don't have to change your vote, I'll see it. If you want to wait that's cool too, the stress of knowing whats coming is giving me a headache is all.

There is really nothing else to do with the haikus. Ty4on faking it would be a stupid gambit and there would be no way to prove that right now anyway and we can speculate on whether the person doing this is town, neutral, or scum but it's not like we are going to lynch them today (probably). As for why I think you are sketchy, for the same reasons I have been saying since day 1. You are a very reactive player. You handle pressure extremely well but you were posting much more in this thread when we had those 4-5 votes on you than when you were scot-free. New scum tends to be very reactive as well, quality posts + reactiveness lends itself to appearing to be higher activity than it actually is. That being said, you've had a definite tone shift coming into day 2 where you try to be inputting your reasoning more and I'm still guaging whether that is because you've been taking criticisms from the first day to heart or because teammates had to get you more on track.

As I said before, I honestly thought that Darklighter was a little more valuable to keep around, since there was more discussion around him and we could get a somewhat better read on the situation if they took out him than we would with Stanley. Plus, since I had a good feeling at that point that nothing was going to happen to cause Scrafty to become a worthwhile lynch to most other players, So I decided to go with what I felt was best in the short-term rather than what I felt was the real best option. Still, I can easily see how suspicious I was acting there, and if you want to lynch me today, then I have no hard feelings.

Other thoughts:

• Since Stanley didn't get killed night 1 (and, in fact, the mafia's strategy seems to be leaning towards more active posters), I don't really think there's any point in trying to lynch him today unless he ends up sending really bad scum signals.
  • On Ty4on's haiku curse: While it's been pointed out that similar abilities have been assigned to town players before, it just seems like cursing someone to disrupt their ability to contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way just feels very anti-town. Gonna assume the ability is a scum one until proven otherwise.
  • On Boo Boo'N's death: Yeah, IDK. Scum trying to throw us off our game? Town that thought they had a good target after Ferret & Boo's back and forth? Neutral just stiring the pot for the hell of it? So many possibilities that it's almost impossible to figure out why it happened, which is NOT good for us...
  • Another thing that has been pointed out before is the fact that, despite all that is happening, Sorian and Coppa are coming out of this unscathed. It'd seem like, at the very least, one of them would have been hit with the haiku curse. I know that a lot of people think it's that scum is afraid that they might have read legit scum, but I still can't shake the feeling that they're scum themselves. Still, might be worthwhile to go through their lists and see who Sorian and Coppa suspected that Fireblend didn't.
  • On TL21xx: Hints at PR D1. Doesn't die N1. Doesn't put in his action for claimed RL reasons. Makes a full claim with a character that, according to some, isn't exactly in-flavor. Doesn't die to the out of left field day kill that happened after claim. Yeah, there's a LOT of worrying stuff going on there that makes him what I feel is our top scum for the day.

In terms of the bolded first, this is actually why I am thinking that this day kill was actually just a delayed night power. If someone malicious did this during the day, they would have killed TL21xx (unless he is scum lying about this rally thing) but if they were setting up a delayed kill last night then Boo Boo'n could be a fine choice. He wasn't super active yesterday but he was definitely inputting his ideas and he seemed like a safe choice that would never get lynched anyway.

As for the rest of your post, I don't know what to tell you. I'm willing to stick my neck out there and say for sure that Coppa is town. I'm also sure of my own town alignment. I'm always easy to keep around because people start to rally and suspect the town leader so scum might be waiting to see if I get lynched, I might also be completely off base with my reads so I'm not a threat or I am on point with my reads and they are worried that if I die then people will read into who I found suspicious. As for Coppa, I would think same ideas could apply.

As for the haiku stuff, it is weird that Coppa and I didn't get hit isn't it. I'm not blowing it out of my ass that this might be town aligned. Someone with malicious intent would have definitely silenced someone more active but they went for Ty4on, he is a quality poster but also gone for long stretches of time. He was also on, at least, my reads list as possible scum. I could see the argument of a town-aligned player that must use this power every night going for Ty4on and hitting a possible scum and definitely hitting some inactivity.

Finally, fine, I can accept that logic on Stanley although, as you say, that's extremely suspicious but let's move to a new topic. What are your plans for today? What/who do you think we should be pursuing.

Kevyt

So I wake up and there's two people who have been killed...

This is awful. ;_;

I need to gather my thoughts.

UltraJay

I don't think TL21xx fake-claimed. It sounds too much like a valid power as well as one that would fit in here in Nightvale. People have said that it doesn't seem to fit the character... but they don't know any other distinguishing traits about the farmer apart from his oratory skills. I'm going to assume that it is a real role and TL21xx just should never had mentioned an ability to vote twice so early. Unless he was afraid of dying before he could claim and use that power, it should have been kept for later in the game when there are more valid scum targets. Forgetting to PM is just... so stupid.

I may be a GAF super lurker, but I'd at least have the site open in a tab in the background and make sure to send the PM near the beginning of the night phase instead of waiting and assuming he had time near the damn deadline. If he's town, then the mafia would just want us to lynch him today or tomorrow if he doesn't make do on his promise. It is also likely that he could be protected by a doctor if one is kind enough to do so and isn't salty about the whole deal. But here's the thing... If he's scum -

Then he is the worst scum player that I have ever seen. Seriously.

It seems like I'm defending him a bit much but I just want him to make do on his promise and I don't want to see another town flip at this point. He gets a pass... for now. Remember, scum want us to chase leads in the opposite direction. They'd want nothing better than for us to just kill each other. I bet they feel like they don't even need to do anything at this point.

I really think there is a scum hiding in some of the low or fluff posters so I think we need to get everybody posting. Everybody posts. You hear me? Substantial posts!

Setre

StanleyPalmtree - A non-entity due to inactiveness. I've been in a position where real life has prevented me from posting on the first day before, so I can relate, but it's not helpful to town.

Unmasked Ferret - Very passive, very under the radar, it's gonna be a null read from me but not in a good way. He's posted enough that I know he's reading the thread, but not frequently or substantially enough for me to have a clear read.

Karu - A non-entity. No read.

Ty4on - Another player that's doing a great job of flying under the radar; posting just enough to not fall in the inactive category, but not enough to produce any clear reads.

Pop-O-Matic - Honestly I haven't been paying attention to him. I know he voted for Scrafty, who is also on my list, because her character seems annoying to him (and I mostly agree though lynching her isn't on the cards for me atm). Other than that a null read.

AbsolutBro - I'm cautious of him. He's posted only a few times but his posts have substance so he comes across as a good player. Like Sorian, if he's scum we don't want to lynch him now because he's being useful. So far, town.

Razmos - Squidy pointed his finger at him earlier, but that I think told me more about Squidy than it did about Razmos, and I said as much as a response. Other than that he's been inactive since he defended himself from that.

Seath - He's high on my scum list. He fucked up last night (IRL) by claiming ordinary town and when confronted tried to cover it up with an obvious "haha it was all a plan!" claim - two not very smart moves in a row. That is enough for me to not trust him one bit.

Mike_Hawk689 - I think he did some damage control on behalf of Seath's claim and subsequent "plan" claim when I called him out that didn't sit right with me (that's why I moved his name down here). Other than that he seemed to be playing quietly but keeping a predictable pace. He's sitting right in the edge of what "flying under the radar" feels like for me. At least I recognize his name.

Setre - Super quiet. No read. Fake edit: He posted right before I did. Thanks! Setre - Another reactionary post to votes against him, and an odd defense of Seath that makes me that much likely to vote for him just because now I'm curious about people soft-defending him.

These are people Fireblend didn’t have a really good read on, plus Seath. I’d assume there’s probably mafia in this list somewhere. My reasoning for this is as follows:

Fireblend seemed pretty good at reading people, the Mafia saw this and realized if any one of their comrades who’s been inactive started posting he’d call them out.

Why Fireblend and not Sorian? Maybe Sorian’s Mafia, maybe the Mafia knew whoever the doctor is would protect Sorian, maybe Sorian goes during our next Night Phase.

Either:

Seath did some shit that could be implied that Seath's responsible for Haiku-ing Ty4on

or,
That farmer/cowboy shit you've been posting actually means something and is a symbol of your role claim.

Or it could be A RUSE!!!

Boo’s last post. I find the first part interesting about Seath, what’d Boo see that made him say that?

Vote: Unmasked Ferret

I feel the wheel and I aren't going to get along this game.

The first person Boo voted for, seems like he was following the wheel here.

Ugggghhhhh.

VOTE: Mike_Hawk689

Second vote and last before being killed. Voted for Mike because he suspected he was responsible for the Haiku thing.

Did Boo strike gold with either of these theories or was he simply an easy target?

For now, I realized there's a more pressing gap in our investigation that nobody has really pointed out lately.

Setre, what's up with no reads list from yesterday? Lots of people had some, or at least provided some opinions on other players (if it wasn't a formal list). You never posted anything like it from what I can tell. You did mention that "Everyone is holding their cards close to their chest" , but you've held them even tighter. You defended Seath, but opted for a No Lynch overall (and you actually didn't post in the last 24 hours of the day). Other than that the only player you really seemed to give any level of opinion on was Fireblend when you mentioned his whole "Role claim/not role claim" thing wayyy back at the start.

Who are your top 3 suspects right now? Who are your top 3 safes right now?Vote: Setre

I don’t do lists and as I said during the first day, no one seemed suspicious to me. I also already explained why I defended Seath.

Moving on…

The haiku thing seems weird as does taking out Boo. Why didn’t the Mafia target the most active player who seems to be town aligned?

Vote: Sorian

I'm of course assuming these are Mafia powers but why would someone Town aligned kill Boo? He didn't seem suspicious as far as I can tell. Why wouldn't someone Town aligned target me for the haiku? I'm suspicious as they come.

Sorian

Banned
I don't think TL21xx fake-claimed. It sounds too much like a valid power as well as one that would fit in here in Nightvale. People have said that it doesn't seem to fit the character... but they don't know any other distinguishing traits about the farmer apart from his oratory skills. I'm going to assume that it is a real role and TL21xx just should never had mentioned an ability to vote twice so early. Unless he was afraid of dying before he could claim and use that power, it should have been kept for later in the game when there are more valid scum targets. Forgetting to PM is just... so stupid.

I may be a GAF super lurker, but I'd at least have the site open in a tab in the background and make sure to send the PM near the beginning of the night phase instead of waiting and assuming he had time near the damn deadline. If he's town, then the mafia would just want us to lynch him today or tomorrow if he doesn't make do on his promise. It is also likely that he could be protected by a doctor if one is kind enough to do so and isn't salty about the whole deal. But here's the thing... If he's scum -

Then he is the worst scum player that I have ever seen. Seriously.

It seems like I'm defending him a bit much but I just want him to make do on his promise and I don't want to see another town flip at this point. He gets a pass... for now. Remember, scum want us to chase leads in the opposite direction. They'd want nothing better than for us to just kill each other. I bet they feel like they don't even need to do anything at this point.

I really think there is a scum hiding in some of the low or fluff posters so I think we need to get everybody posting. Everybody posts. You hear me? Substantial posts!

Just to make sure we are on the same page here, this is not the power to vote twice. His power would make it so that in the next day phase we would be lynching two people, so both first and second place in votes would go.

I am still salty on this whole deal and we are going into a possible waste of time by allowing this non-sense to continue but I want his power to activate if it is real so yes, I'm fine giving him another night but we can't keep getting jerked around on this.

Sorian

Banned
Moving on…

The haiku thing seems weird as does taking out Boo. Why didn’t the Mafia target the most active player who seems to be town aligned?

I'm of course assuming these are Mafia powers but why would someone Town aligned kill Boo? He didn't seem suspicious as far as I can tell. Why wouldn't someone Town aligned target me for the haiku? I'm suspicious as they come.

Maybe I should just vote for anyone that is 100% trying to sell the haiku thing as a scum power. It almost feels like people are just trying to slip it past under the assumption that it must be scum aligned when that likely isn't the case based on the target.

Do what you will though, you're only logic on me is that scum didn't kill a high profile target so that high profile target must be on the scum team. Sounds more like you are being taken advantage of than anything else. Scum teams have tried this in the past and it's always the same song and dance.

UltraJay

Just to make sure we are on the same page here, this is not the power to vote twice. His power would make it so that in the next day phase we would be lynching two people, so both first and second place in votes would go.

I am still salty on this whole deal and we are going into a possible waste of time by allowing this non-sense to continue but I want his power to activate if it is real so yes, I'm fine giving him another night but we can't keep getting jerked around on this.

I know that. Didn't want to type that out. Should have said "double-lynch" now that I think about it.

I don't really want to scrounge through old threads but I wonder how often Sorian is night-killed and when that usually occurs. He has also said that he has never been lynched so when he is scum he must never lose. Unless he is killed by a neutral or vigilante. Are we going to eventually lynch Sorian if he never gets night-killed? 0_0

If we start lynching scum and they match with Sorian's and other's reads then we should be confident that Sorian is town.

The more I think about it, the more I think TL is fake-claiming, but much like with Ty4on there's a simple solution: wait one more night phase.

We're waiting to see two things:

1. Does the Haiku thing go away, and does a town come forward about it. If not, we can somewhat confirm it's a Scum power.

2. Does TL activate his night phase power? If not, we can pretty much turbo him as scum.

So putting TL21xx/Ty4on aside is, I think, the best course of action for today.

As for Boo boo'n specifically dying, it's one of two things (as has been covered several times before my post) :

1. Done by scum to make us kill Ferret
2. Done as such an obvious #1 so that we leave Ferret alone

I realize the two options are sort of a WIFOU dichotomy, but it does perhaps bring up a rather basic question:

How much do we trust Ferret? If we decide we trust Ferret enough today to keep him alive today, will we continue to be able to trust him going forward?

For me, I don't find much in his posts that gives me a scum vibe.

"Who does?", I guess, is the obvious next question.

Setre: his most recent post moved him from my "probably scum" list to my "probably town". This is subject to change if we find more information on seath or what happened to Boo boo'n.

speaking of, Seath is still somewhat on my "probably scum" list for vagueish posts. This is subject to change as seath is apparently collecting (and hopefully posting) thoughts on recent matters. "I'll get back to you all" is a pretty anti-town scum move if there's no follow through.

Mazre... I mean, it's probably coincidence, but it wouldn't be the first time someone literally gave away their role with their avatar. :p

Coppanuva

Going to break your post down so I can respond to some points separately Setre.

These are people Fireblend didn’t have a really good read on, plus Seath. I’d assume there’s probably mafia in this list somewhere. My reasoning for this is as follows:

Fireblend seemed pretty good at reading people, the Mafia saw this and realized if any one of their comrades who’s been inactive started posting he’d call them out.

Why Fireblend and not Sorian? Maybe Sorian’s Mafia, maybe the Mafia knew whoever the doctor is would protect Sorian, maybe Sorian goes during our next Night Phase.

The thing with having this is you could very easily spin this argument with any of Fireblend, me, or Sorian here. If Mafia killed Sorian night 1 and both Fireblend and I were alive and unhaiku'd, I'm sure we'd be having the same conversation with different names. We've had 1 night, if we go with your assumption that Haiku is a scum-aligned power, there's at least 1 high profile target who will always be unafflicted.

Boo’s last post. I find the first part interesting about Seath, what’d Boo see that made him say that?

The first person Boo voted for, seems like he was following the wheel here.

Second vote and last before being killed. Voted for Mike because he suspected he was responsible for the Haiku thing.

Did Boo strike gold with either of these theories or was he simply an easy target?

I don’t do lists and as I said during the first day, no one seemed suspicious to me. I also already explained why I defended Seath.
Fair enough, I wasn't asking for why you defended Seath there, I wanted information about who you suspect. You've provided some in this post, so I got what I wanted out of you for now.

Moving on…

So you believe both Boo and Haiku powers are scum aligned? What's your opinion on a third party using them? The only one of these 2 I agree with being a clearly anti-town move is Boo's death. He died 6 hours into the day, we were extremely far away from a lynch at the time (and still are), killing someone who was contributing to conversation that early is extremely harmful to us. I see it as one of 2 outcomes:

1) It's a day-kill move that they fired off early to try to push pressure off whoever did it. If this is the case it seems like it would benefit Mike_hawk or Ferret the most, since Boo Boo'n had tunneled in on them early on. If the kill WAS by one of them, I doubt they're town-aligned, since a town player would wait until later on in the day and shoot someone else who was more suspicious rather than waste it this early.

2) It's a delayed kill (or a night setup, day finishing blow). If this is the case, and whoever killed Boo had no control over it, what we can infer is much less clear.

All that said, I'm not quite on board with the idea that we should lynch the highest profile target. There's plenty of reasons that they might not want to visit the most obvious choices each night (doctors, watchers who see who visits them etc). It's a huge jump this early to me, though I'll keep the idea in mind.

Sorian

Banned
I know that. Didn't want to type that out. Should have said "double-lynch" now that I think about it.

I don't really want to scrounge through old threads but I wonder how often Sorian is night-killed and when that usually occurs. He has also said that he has never been lynched so when he is scum he must never lose. Unless he is killed by a neutral or vigilante. Are we going to eventually lynch Sorian if he never gets night-killed? 0_0

If we start lynching scum and they match with Sorian's and other's reads then we should be confident that Sorian is town.

I've played in 5 games.

Cthulhu - I was a town member who could be recruited by the scum team, I was recruited during the first night phase and was also investigated that night. The investigator saw that I was scum and he also happened to get a book that roamed to random players during the next day. He used the book on night 2 to erase both him and myself from existence (basically NK'd both of us)

NX - I was a neutral survivor that claimed on D2, town foolishly let me live and I ended up delivering the win to the scum team in the last moments on a silver platter. Neutrals should never live past the halfway mark of a game townies.

Election - I was the town doctor, the town vigilante killed me N1.

Gafia - I was the town bodyguard (pseudo doctor), I was day killed during day 1 because my reads were too good.

MGS - I was the town roleblocker, I was night killed N2 because the town tracker decided to out me as a PR and I had been heavily hinting through D1 but mostly D2 what my PR was.

So yeah, I'm night killed a lot and sometimes people spice it up and surprise kill me during the day. And that's a brief history on me if anyone thinks that will do them any good in reads.

UltraJay

Goddamnit Bro, the term is WIFOM (Wine in Front of ME). I searched WIFOU and all I got was waifus and stuff about Wi-Fi.

Sorian

Banned
Not quoting anyone in particular because this is kind of talking to both Absolut and Coppa's posts. I want Pop to engage more which is why I am keeping my vote there but after that, I think we need to have a real conversation with Mike again.

As for Ferret, as I said in my first post this morning, I have reasons to suspect him but I don't think it is concrete enough to choose him over other people today. At the very least, he is being active again which is still a boon for town at this juncture even if he is scum.

Coppanuva

Oh right, I'm done with Setre for now. I liked his post, gave me what I needed. I'll probably take a bit to plan who I'm hitting up next so in the meantime while I get that ready:

Unvote

Not quoting anyone in particular because this is kind of talking to both Absolut and Coppa's posts. I want Pop to engage more which is why I am keeping my vote there but after that, I think we need to have a real conversation with Mike again.

As for Ferret, as I said in my first post this morning, I have reasons to suspect him but I don't think it is concrete enough to choose him over other people today. At the very least, he is being active again which is still a boon for town at this juncture even if he is scum.

Anytime bud, lets meet at the coffee shop at 1pm est. (Thats when i start work = in front of a pc)

Sorian

Banned
Anytime bud, lets meet at the coffee shop at 1pm est. (Thats when i start work = in front of a pc)

We have a few days, I'm not going to drop off of Pops yet.

Finally, fine, I can accept that logic on Stanley although, as you say, that's extremely suspicious but let's move to a new topic. What are your plans for today? What/who do you think we should be pursuing?

Just re-quoting myself for emphasis.

I'm like, still suspicious of Pop. His whole, like "you guys can totally kill me if you want" thing seems like, super suspect to me.

I think it'd be like, suuuper pertinent if you like, told us who you're suspicious of and who you like, trust, Pop. Shyeah.

RetroMG

Cthulhu - I was a town member who could be recruited by the scum team, I was recruited during the first night phase and was also investigated that night. The investigator saw that I was scum and he also happened to get a book that roamed to random players during the next day. He used the book on night 2 to erase both him and myself from existence (basically NK'd both of us)

For those who are new to the group, this is why people sometimes claim that Sorian didn't play Cthulu - because he was erased from existence. I was an insane player, (recruitable, like Sorian) so I kept making references to him hoping someone would call me on it and I could hint at my insane status. No one did.

UltraJay

Other people have their fingers on other people I'll turn my attention to someone else who is bothering me.

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

Congratulations! You are the lowest poster now! As of earlier today you managed to beat Dark's 3 posts to get to a new record of 4! But I'm not dogging you just because you have the lowest count. The other low posters - Karu, Setre, and so on - have made posts recently and have actually contributed to discussion.

You on the other hand made one post and it was only about the haiku power. And parroted that we should move on. Yeah, we pretty much already had at that point. You didn't have any thoughts about Fire or Boo. Only got haiku on the brain there, pal?

For someone going outta the way to make up a character for this (trying to be a mini Scrafty?) you are posting very little. I'm not even going to entertain the thought that a miner is some kind of subtle role claim. Or fake claim. Retro had already mentioned a mine in a flavor post and Scrafty even picked up on it too (as a place to visit... since you know, she's a tourist). More parroting.

I'd like to hear from you about this.

UltraJay

For those who are new to the group, this is why people sometimes claim that Sorian didn't play Cthulu - because he was erased from existence. I was an insane player, (recruitable, like Sorian) so I kept making references to him hoping someone would call me on it and I could hint at my insane status. No one did.

I'm going to have to read Cthulhu. It also seems to be like a better idea would have been to recruit Sorian later when he had really made himself seem like town (since he was). Popping off the recruit ability on the first night seems reckless.

...aaaand that's enough about other games. Back to this one.

Sorian

Banned
I'm going to have to read Cthulhu. It also seems to be like a better idea would have been to recruit Sorian later when he had really made himself seem like town (since he was). Popping off the recruit ability on the first night seems reckless.

...aaaand that's enough about other games. Back to this one.

They were actually trying to kill me, they didn't know the kill command was going to recruit me instead.

Everyone Loves Sorian

*plays catchy theme song*

But seriously, back on topic of this game, we are back to early D1 again where it's like pulling teeth to get people talking and I'm not sure why.

Razmos

I suppose it is probably worth saying that I started a new job yesterday, so at least for the next few days my attendance might be a little spotty as I get settled into the job and stuff, not to mention timezones.

Trigger

I think Mike's behavior and Boo's vote make him pretty suspicious. For me the bigger question is whether he's just an obvious scapegoat or scum using reverse psychology.

Coppanuva

Thinking I killed Boo, means you guys are getting played!

Well, who would want to frame you? What's your take on why Boo died so early on in the day otherwise? You're providing no alternative explanations in your defense, nor are you really giving us any better ideas right now.

Well, who would want to frame you? What's your take on why Boo died so early on in the day otherwise? You're providing no alternative explanations in your defense, nor are you really giving us any better ideas right now.

Have you actually told us about any suspicions today other than throwing a vote on Ty4on because haikus are scary?

You're focusing a lot on defending yourself and less on actually catching scum.

I don't know who wants to frame me, but it was really well done, hats off to the team or player who sent the command. Killed Boo Boo'n right after I said playing dumb helps me live and it was a couple of posts after he voted for me. Kinda too obvious that someone is framing me, so I don't know why you guys are grilling me. (Hmmm grilled cock)

Why did Boo die so early? Because it was perfect timing.

Alt explanations? TL's to blame for? Maybe he's trying to play it by saying his PR is a night PR, but he actually used it now on an unsuspecting player to throw attention away from him?

To be honest, if I was scum, I would've advise whoever had the day kill power to kill someone that can effect the game (Sorian or Coppa). But hey not my power or team!

Ty4on

Haikus' side effect?
Maybe a strong role for town
Like a delayed kill

Day kill day command
Then I'm thinking scum power
If night maybe town

Ty4on

As for Boo boo'n specifically dying, it's one of two things (as has been covered several times before my post) :

1. Done by scum to make us kill Ferret
2. Done as such an obvious #1 so that we leave Ferret alone

I realize the two options are sort of a WIFOU dichotomy, but it does perhaps bring up a rather basic question:

How much do we trust Ferret? If we decide we trust Ferret enough today to keep him alive today, will we continue to be able to trust him going forward?

For me, I don't find much in his posts that gives me a scum vibe.
Those two look scummy
Maybe scum preventing us
From searching lurkers

I have said little
Many have said a lot less
Don't tunnel your search

Sorian

Banned
Haikus' side effect?
Maybe a strong role for town
Like a delayed kill

Day kill day command
Then I'm thinking scum power
If night maybe town

Bolded haiku is clever, I don't think it's a side effect to another power but it is a fair thought.

None bolded haiku is possible, I don't think town would have killed Boo Boo'n though.

Those two look scummy
Maybe scum preventing us
From searching lurkers

I have said little
Many have said a lot less
Don't tunnel your search

We are forgetting people for sure. Squidy has been mostly useless today other than arguing meta gaming with me. Trigger fell into the shadows for sure, forgot he was even playing until that recent post. I'm still torn on Absolut. Razmos gave a reason but he is going to be unavailable. TL21xx seems to have disappeared after the whole day kill thing happened. etc. etc.

Top Bottom