• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ChrisD

ty based Hollie, tootiebug, and Tanner, for giving me hope that Nice doesn't get 90/10 obliterated. It'll just be 80/20 instead. Finally made Queen with a Vibe of 20, over half of which was with them.

L95

I have become the naughty queen woooooooooooooo

iGETBdQ.jpg

ChrisD

Gonna' cut it here. Played some more after reaching Queen, landed with robotguy through Discord for a few games. That was certainly funner than the mess I had last night with all the bad Aero RG's.

Tri Slosher Nouveau is really fun! It may not be that good, but it's worth using in Turf War, and DEFINITELY worth using in Splatfest thanks to no Cold-Blooded. Seriously, Echolocator is some broken business in Fests.

KevinCow

Banned
This stupid game just fucking hates me apparently. Earlier today I got saddled with TWO LEVEL 1'S vs. a team of NOTHING BUT 30+. Like how in the fucking shit is that fair? Needless to say, we were absolutely destroyed.

But that's not the only match that's gone like that. No matter how much I back out and go back in to get a new team, it puts me with mostly levels <30 vs. mostly levels >30. It's fucking bullshit. And yes, we get completely obliterated pretty much every single time. I think we got 3% once.

nom

For full details of the tournament setup, see this post

Now to reveal the teams for GAFHouse 3....

UgLzoVv.png

Team Name: Ketchup or Catsup
Team Members: :tomato:, backlot, Coaster, James, Las7, Moskito
Team Strategy: Spray and pray ;)
vzrYF1R.png

Captain&#8217;s Log: :tomato:
Naughty or Nice? Naughty
Callie or Marie? Callie
Least Favorite Map: Flounder Heights
Least Favorite Mode: Splat Zones
Least Favorite Weapon: Rapid Blaster

AqSF2DS.png

Team Name: Megatron and the Decepticons
Team Members: Azure J, BlueSilver, Kupo, Mellopillow, Robotguy
Team Strategy: Sub out for DaBoss
G5osZFn.png

Captain&#8217;s Log: Robotguy
Naughty or Nice? Nice
Callie or Marie? Marie
Least Favorite Map: Moray Towers I guess
Least Favorite Mode: Splat Zones
Least Favorite Weapon: Jrs because they're assholes.

dqgCs07.png

Team Name: W+M1
Team Members: Burnburn, CoconutTank, Doorman, Kildud3, pinkurocket, Saro
Team Strategy: Rushing and stuff
jup6Azb.png

Captain&#8217;s Log: Burnburn
Naughty or Nice? Nice Splat Zones
Callie or Marie? #TeamBestChoice
Least Favorite Map: Flankers Heights
Least Favorite Mode: Wonky Control
Least Favorite Weapon: Everything Not Splattershot

RQeGIrA.png

Team Name: Team Woomy Zoomy
Team Members: doop, Jamtin, Nico_D, SM239, Smashkirby, Triforce141
Team Strategy: Play the game
KVO7XE7.png

Captain&#8217;s Log: Triforce141
Naughty or Nice?
PszNfxk.png

Callie or Marie? Yes
Least Favorite Map: Training Area
Least Favorite Mode: Battle Dojo
Least Favorite Weapon: Any weapon that doesn't have a sprinkler

*everything subject to change before the tournament.

Some helpful links:
- Bracket: http://challonge.com/gafhouse3
- Ketchup or Catsup Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/jamesrcade
- Megatron and the Decepticons Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/azurejerichogaf
- Team Woomy Zoomy Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/sm239

Hoo boy. Had the roughest time reaching max rank, and this is the worst splatfest run I've had the misfortune of experiencing. Only won about half of my matches, but managed to have fun at the end of the run when I found a good team.

It was a mercy to finally be able to turn the game off. I will be surprised if Team Nice doesn't win.

Hello btw.

ChrisD

Hoo boy. Had the roughest time reaching max rank, and this is the worst splatfest run I've had the misfortune of experiencing. Only won about half of my matches, but managed to have fun at the end of the run when I found a good team.

It was a mercy to finally be able to turn the game off. I will be surprised if Team Nice doesn't win.

Hello btw.

Do you think there will ever be a Splatfest where both teams aren't saying, "this side definitely wins"? :p Because Naughty is looking to be a clear winner from a Nice perspective.

Do you think there will ever be a Splatfest where both teams aren't saying, "this side definitely wins"? :p

Never.

We've had every team every Splatfest say their team is horrible and the other will definitely win, and people still use their anecdotal evidence to try and predict the results even though that's totally meaningless.

Also, I am a rerolling fiend and this is the first Splatfest where I can't justify the time to get to Queen and it SUCKS.

Do you think there will ever be a Splatfest where both teams aren't saying, "this side definitely wins"? :p Because Naughty is looking to be a clear winner from a Nice perspective.

But, but, it's tradition! Eh, doesn't matter to me either way. I picked sides based on a coin flip, so I wasn't too invested in this one. I really did like the t-shirt art for both teams though.

Unicorn

You get the *max* amount of super sea snails

24 for the winning team
18 for the losing team
Okay. What do I use those for? Took me all day to reach max rank. I am level 11 now, though so I can do ranked eventually. When does the Splatfest end?

ffdgh

Okay. What do I use those for? Took me all day to reach max rank. I am level 11 now, though so I can do ranked eventually. When does the Splatfest end?

Snails are used to Improve your gear. Specifically Unlocking more slots for sub abilities and the option of rerolling those abilities for something better when you have 3 sub abilities.

Splatfest end in about...2 hours and 40 minutes.

Unicorn

Snails are used to Improve your gear. Specifically Unlocking more slots for sub abilities and the option of rerolling those abilities for something better when you have 3 sub abilities.

Splatfest end in about...2 hours and 40 minutes.
Thanks. For the amiibo gear should I wait to do amiibo stuff or do they all have 3 slots already?

L95

Thanks. For the amiibo gear should I wait to do amiibo stuff or do they all have 3 slots already?

Uh, I think the amiibo gear is 2 star, so 2/3 slots.

Snails aren't just for expanding slots, though, they're also for rerolls, you're gonna prolly use a lot of rerolls lol

Doorman

After a...rough start to the splatfest late last night, punctuated by a sudden computer crash, the rest of the grind to Naughty King went a little bit better. My last session here saw me immediately matched with a team that made the final 50 point push a lot easier than I'd been dreading, I think we went like 9-1 in that stretch, including going against some pretty formidable Nice teams. Cheers to Sin, IHateTrump, and UBrian (weird lettering) for the games. Final stats, Naughty King, +21-vibe, not bad for me.

Played one more game after hitting King, we lost, and I think the servers blew us up after that because I wound up alone in a room until it eventually timed out. Too bad I didn't get to help finish out the King grind for the two members of our party that hadn't hit it yet.

IIRC, they all start with 2 slots, so early on they're not bad to use for a while. You don't get the ability to add slots/reroll gear until you reach level 20, so don't worry too hard about min/maxing stuff at the outset.

Javier

Done! #TeamNice

SwizeYK.jpg

Also, it seems the last patch fixed some connection issues. Throughout all of Splatfest, I only got disconnected once during a match. Previously I could get disconnected once every three matches.

Done! #TeamNice

I really love Complejo Medusa... I wanna see the other names in Spanish now :(

On-topic: I've started doing Splatfest in two rounds when I can: up to Champion in the morning, then a break/do errands/etc, and then finish up in the evening when I get home. It's much more bearable that way.

DaBoss

IIRC, they all start with 2 slots, so early on they're not bad to use for a while. You don't get the ability to add slots/reroll gear until you reach level 20, so don't worry too hard about min/maxing stuff at the outset.
The level 20 requirement is for using cash. If you have snails, you can do it regardless of level.
Real up and down day on my end.

1l02np9.jpg
Props to you for persevering.

This probably took nearly 4-5 hours of playtime, which to me seems flawed when a lot of people do not have that much time to play for 1 day. They should make the past stretch take 70 points instead of 99 points.

MFishy

Banned
Started late tonight

Had a great streak running until someone in my lobby got replaced with a level 7.

Team naughty has this though

Unicorn

The level 20 requirement is for using cash. If you have snails, you can do it regardless of level.

Props to you for persevering.

This probably took nearly 4-5 hours of playtime, which to me seems flawed when a lot of people do not have that much time to play for 1 day. They should make the past stretch take 70 points instead of 99 points.
Why don't they just make Splatfest an additional mode so when you're done you can play other stuff and the fest go for 2 days?

They need to stop giving Marie the more popular team often, at least give us topics that are more close like Art vs Science.

I have all the gear/abilities I need, so no skin off me.

Top Bottom