• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bit.Trip (WiiWare) Series Thread of BLOOP BLEEP BOP

Yaceka said:
I just downloaded the demo for Bit.Trip.Beat. My first thought is... wtf is up with the controls? I tilted up and it went down, and when I tilted down it went up. The game looks really fun but I can't handle the controls. :(

You do realize you can just turn the remote around to "invert" the controls, right?

stuminus3

Struct09 said:
That's is how I play the game
That's how this guy plays it.

No idea who the heck he is though. Some inventor or something.

I finally got around to grabbing Core and Void last night, both of them are just as good as Beat. It's amazing how addictive these games are when on the surface they're so very basic. Reminds me of the old Atari days when you could spend hours doing practically nothing and still have a shitload of fun. I'm so glad games like these still get made.

GWX

Holy shit, Bit.Trip Runner looks awesome (well, that leaked photo at least).
Can't wait to see more of it.

Amir0x

Banned
Bit.Trip series is the best fucking downloadable anything this generation. Best value too. Fucking hell I love these guys.

G.O.O.

Better screen

16gwqv6.jpg

The xbox 360 controller is here for something else, apparently.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
G.O.O. said:
The xbox 360 controller is here for something else, apparently.

Yeah, no way that's an X360 game with those jaggies.

OnPoint

I sort of found VOID to be too easy and disappoining -- maybe it's just time to get the series off the Atari-style bend -- so Runner looks incredibly appealing.

G.O.O.

RUNNER details

http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/news/2010/01/gaijin_games_reveals_first_bittrip_runner_details

RUNNER is closest to BEAT in terms of player/music interaction, Neuse said, being that you traverse the environment to the beat of the music and interact with the music in a more passive manner than the on-beat precision of CORE or the looseness of VOID. And while you have always been in control of Commander Video, this marks the first time his corporeal body is directly in your hands.

G.O.O.

Maybe I shouldn't bump for this, but the bit.trip's facebook page said this 14 hours ago :

Ok you Europeans: a VOID release date has been established 26.02.2010
Any official confirmation ?

Taxman

Really I just want a Bit Trip soundtrack with all their games on it. I can never stay in ultra mode long enough to appreciate the awesome tunes.

MidnightScott said:
Wow Bit Trip Runner looks fun, and it's supposed to have 50 levels. Totally downloading it!

50 Levels, yes, but they are short. The game has 3 Zones, with 12 levels each. That's 36. That leaves ~14 levels left, and I can tell that there are challenge levels, so that might be it.

Still, looks great! It is interesting to see Gaijin Games expand their abilities by trying new genres and graphic designs (VOID's mostly 2D structure vs RUNNER's entire 3D aesthetic). They said after the BT series is done they will make a more "accessible" game, hopefully with their genius in tact.

The gameplay reminds me of those snowboarding levels in Mega Man 8 that everyone seems to hate even though they were awesome. They should add a digitized 8-bit voice that says "jump jump" or "slide slide" when appropriate!

mehdi_san

Very excited by that trailer for Runner, but it will certainly be (once again) too hard !! I never completed the first 2 Bit.Trip games :(

AniHawk

Runner looks fantastic. Haven't bought a Bit.Trip game since Beat.

God damn there are a lot of platformers this year.

OnPoint

AniHawk said:
Runner looks fantastic. Haven't bought a Bit.Trip game since Beat.

God damn there are a lot of platformers this year.

CORE is great. VOID is not so much.

I can't wait for Runner.

heringer

The Bit.Trip series never really grabed my interest, but this Runner looks like an awesome platformer.

I was planning on buying Art of Balance tonight with the 800 Wii points I have left, but now I don't know if I'll wait for Runner. Grrrrr...

G.O.O.

Runner is out in Europe ! About it (spoilers, obviously) :

It's 800 points instead of 600, but I believe the game has more replay value. I went through the first zone (there are three of them, as usual), which is cut into 11 individual sublevels and what I believe is one boss (I'm at level 1 - 11). You can play back any sublevel you've completed.

In every level, there is a number of gold bars to collect. I managed to catch all of them for now, but it's getting tougher. When you finish a sublevel (each one lasts less than a few minutes), you access to a bonus level with pitfall graphics where you have to collect as much gold as possible before making a mistake (touching a wall or an obstacle, falling) - they're pretty hard, I never completed one (not even close) and I'm not sure you're meant to grab all the gold bars.

Also, you can jump and dodge, but also kick and use springs - that's four different commands, and the game is already giving me tricky obstacles (red bouncing ball = jump, purple bouncing ball = dodge). I'm expecting traditional bit.trip difficulty here.

Top Bottom