• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 threads in 1. Favorite non famous racing game? 2. Bring back ________________________ Racing Series!

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
My favorite Racing series that many people do not know about. (unfamous) Not your favorite racing games.

You get 3 picks each:

Favorite non famous Racing games
1. Formula 1: built to win (NES)
2. Speed Devils (Dreamcast
3. Rock and Roll Racing (snes along with an online feature would be the tits!)

Bring Back:

1. Project Gotham Racing
2. Classic Burnout (not open world)
3. Drive Club

Crayon

Mostly drawing a blank here. I do really like F1 Live Information but I was just playing it the other night so that makes it easier to remember. I have both the domestic and export versions and I'm pretty sure the english one (F1 Challenge) does not have the "live information" track. Which is just as well because I'm sure it would sound repetitive if I understood more of what they are saying. In japanese it's very convincing lol.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Bring back…

1. Pure
2. Hydro Thunder
3. Split Second
Hydro Thunder was amazing at the arcade. Gaining an extra boost at the start by knowing the trick. I recall a monster truck game that I use to play at restaurants but I can’t remember the name. Off Road Thunder?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Personally I would love for them to bring back Ridge Racer. As for my favorite "non-famous" racer, it was Lego Racers. Fun little kids racing game with some unique mechanics.

yurinka

1. Wipeout *
2. Motorstorm *
3. Ridge Racer
4. Out Run
5. Rollcage *

Bonus: F-Zero

I'd buy a game that merges these 3 in a single game, and on top adds guest content from other futuristic Sony games like Jet Moto, Killzone, Helldivers, Horizon, Destiny or Marathon (like stages, vehicles, teams or cosmetics for vehicles or drivers).

Last edited:
8GN9WOx.jpg

Loved this game on the original Xbox. The music and everything was fire.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Import Tuner Racing (Tokyo Xtreme Racing)
Beetle Adventure Racing
The TOCA series games
Tourist Trophy built off the bones of Gran Turismo
Project Gotham
Driver
Road Rage
Cruisin USA
ATV Offroad Fury
NFS Porsche Unleashed
Drone Racers
XTreme G 3
Micro Machines
Richard Burns Rally
Top Gear Rally
Enthusia
Ferrari Challenge
Sega GT
Ford Racing
Crazy Taxi
Simpsons Hit n Run

Bring them back.

Last edited:
Favorite non famous Racing games

1. Batman Returns - Mega CD
2. Richard Burns Rally
3. Gride Legends

Bring Back:

1. SEGA GT 2002
2. Stunt Racer - Geoff Crammond
3. Power Drift

Ribi

Wreckfest/blur (PC community is still active check the discord)

Bring back Burnout / south park rally

Last edited:

Gp1

Both 1 and 2, without a particular order

-Enthusia (ohe of the only game that captured the Gran Turismo vibe)
-Scud Racer (peak blu sky 90' arcade Sega)
-Road & Track Eurogourmet NFS, not the pimp my ride Fast and Furious one's.

Bonus- 3D F-zero, Tourist trophy (how the hell we don't have a "mainstream" moto sim game)

Thought I'd be able to find some untapped gems in here to try but most are pretty well known games :messenger_grinning_sweat: I'll go with something not mentioned yet in Shox, a sublime arcade rally racer from EA of all people. In fact, EA should just bring back the whole BIG range of arcade sports games

Rudius

Classic Need For Speed.

They would need to fire all the milenials and zoomers, dragging back the old developers.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Hydro Thunder was amazing at the arcade. Gaining an extra boost at the start by knowing the trick. I recall a monster truck game that I use to play at restaurants but I can’t remember the name. Off Road Thunder?

Yep, it was Off Road Thunder. Can’t recall playing that one but I did play Arctic Thunder, which involved Snowmobiles.

Microsoft bought the ip, and released Hydro Thunder Hurricane back on the Xbox 360, and unfortunately that was it.

ShakenG

Bring back

- Driveclub
- Motorstorm
- Blur

Gona keep it to these otherwise ill list a hundred more.

Top Bottom