• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Chao garden from Sonic Adventure 2 should be its own game.

Ezduo

Banned
Yes.

Yes this is a good idea. You should get on that Sega.

Here is an obligatory picture of a Chao garden:

2hxn91l.jpg

And now you know.

dock

My girlfriend has been asking for this since Sonic Adventure 2 came out. Every time she plays that she gets distracted by the Chao and doesn't complete it.

It used to surprise me that they hadn't made a Chao raising game for the DS, but since then I've got used to Sega being stupid.

Yeah it makes the most sense on the DS, being able to raise them on the go and all.

I definitely miss the Chao gardens, one of the things that made SA2B a winner from the start in my opinion. It was also the only place you could properly play as Tails and Robotnik without their mechs.

Ive poured so many hours into that system.

It was the most interesting and redeeming part of the newer sonic games. Its a absolute shame Sega has all but forgotten them.

More friends, less Chao. :(

I would like to see a chao garden with online play but a few things would have to be balanced out and adjusted, stuff like:

Animals, you find these playing the main game's levels, how would you change the method of finding them?
power cores, another item from bots in the levels (or just using animals like SA1) would have to be earned in a certain way too.
Chao stats and shit, would need to be rebalanced so people with top end chao's could not abuse one method to win all the time.

Also to stop things being boring they would have to add more circuits or some random layout generator for races, the course in SA1 was better then SA2's also.

I guess the ability to visit friend's chao gardens would be nice to let your chao play with theirs, also that would work well with the chao breeding part to make those rare chao.

Gravijah

randomly generated collectathon on Wii/XBLA/PSN, ability to generate unique codes to trade between other versions, online play for each system, online trading, lobbies, etc etc.

GKANG

Banned
I own SA2:B but I never played it. I really should, I've heard lots of good about it (and the chao garden.)

Wiseblade

This would actually be a really cool downloadable title if you could race/fight other people online. There also has to be a way to include the GBA/VMU mini games too. DS/PSP connectivity?

Disguises

Chao garden was amazing. So many hours put into it. I remember leaving the game on overnight just so they could evolve/die/get reborn with better stats. I'm confused at why they've never been in a game since then (ignoring cameos). The system was pretty advanced and I'm sure they could pull off something amazing if they went back to the system now (can't remember what it was called AIlife or something?)

I'm sure when sonic rush was announced that a chao garden was mentioned but obviously never made it into the game.

Shalashaska161 said:
The Chao garden made me put way more hours into SA2:B then were really ever necessary. I support this motion.
I imagine if Sonic Heroes had it, the game would have actually been worth playing through more then once just to collect animals/drivers to give to the Chao. Surprised they never even attempted to make a Chao game for the DS. Seem like it would have been a great fit. I remember when they said Chao would be back for Sonic Chronicles, was that ever disappointing. :lol

The fun part of it all was trying to get different types of Chao. The best being the NiGHTS themed flying Chao. :D

or7ynr.jpg

I put like a year into chao garden before I realized you could make them bad and gain another zone. I always treated my chaos neutral. I'd take care of them sometimes and ignore them other times.

Chao garden was the best thing about the Sonic Adventure games. That was the first thing I tried on the Sonic Adventure Demo. It's also what made be buy the game. :lol

V_Arnold

When I accidentally kicked a Chao with Sonic's full speed run or sammersault, I died a little inside.

When a chao cried, I felt sadness.
When a chao was happy, I felt joy.

True story.
Its spiritual successor is the Viva Pinata btw. Games with soul.

Top Bottom