• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

-1. Yeeny [f] - Alignment unknown, but is definitely a spider.

0. Roytheone [m] - GET THAT MONSTER AWAY FROM ME

1. Camjo-Z [m] - I can see the point about the fluff, but null at this time.

2. Coppanuva [m] - Nullanuva
3. El topo [m] - Damaged, but null
4. Fireblend [m] - ALBF - A Link Between Fireblends. Null.
5. Flame_AC [m] - Null_AC
6. FluxWaveZ [m] - NullWaveZ
7. Karkador [m] - Is it too late for me to get away from Karkador? Yes? Goodbye, cruel world. Null.
8. Karu [m] - Has he/she/it even posted? Null.
9. Mazre [m] - BEEP BOOP I AM SCUM ROBOT I COPY FROM EXAMPLE ROLE PM. Scummy.
10. Pop-o-matic [m] - Null-o-matic
11. SkyOdin [m] - NullOdin
12. Sorian [m] - Leaning town.
13. The Goddamn [m] - The Nulldamn
14. TL21xx [m] - THE YEAR IS 21XX AND EVERYONE PLAYS FOX. Null.
15. Trigger [m] - Yet to be pulled. Null.
16. Ty4on [m] - There is no good pun for your name. Null.
17. weemadarthur [-] - weenullarthur
18. Xamtheking [m] - Town, maybe

Sorian

Banned
Xam coming through to show what a useless reads list looks like. It's things like this that make it hard to know how to read Xam. You must know that this doesn't really tell us much other than you find Mazre scummy and that I might be town but repeat myself a lot (guessing on the video)

Xam coming through to show what a useless reads list looks like. It's things like this that make it hard to know how to read Xam. You must know that this doesn't really tell us much other than you find Mazre scummy and that I might be town but repeat myself a lot (guessing on the video)
I was thinking of just posting the people I had a non-null opinion on
But then I was like
"Fuck that"
----
Yeah, I know we don't have anything to go on right now, and personally, I'd like to keep it that way. I think information given out on D1 disproportionately benefits scum than it does town, because scum can easily thrive on the chaos of not trusting someone when they claim on D1 and get a nice and easy town PR lynch D1 while not drawing a heap of suspicion on themselves. A really nice example of this working correctly can be found in PW. Aside from Kalor, we had no D1 claims, leaving De Killer in the dark when it came to people to blackmail that first night. As a counterpoint, I can also see that fake-claiming could absorb unwanted actions (TimeFlux in LB claiming Cops to try to protect the actual cops).
In conclusion
Vote: Mazre
Mazre said:
Honestly, I find you scummy because of how you claimed, because you could have very well copied your claim from the example ordinary town claim. I'll take feedback from you, but this is where I will put my vote for now

Sorian

Banned
I was thinking of just posting the people I had a non-null opinion on
But then I was like
"Fuck that"
----
Yeah, I know we don't have anything to go on right now, and personally, I'd like to keep it that way. I think information given out on D1 disproportionately benefits scum than it does town, because scum can easily thrive on the chaos of not trusting someone when they claim on D1 and get a nice and easy town PR lynch D1 while not drawing a heap of suspicion on themselves. A really nice example of this working correctly can be found in PW. Aside from Kalor, we had no D1 claims, leaving De Killer in the dark when it came to people to blackmail that first night. As a counterpoint, I can also see that fake-claiming could absorb unwanted actions (TimeFlux in LB claiming Cops to try to protect the actual cops).
In conclusion
Vote: Mazre

Honestly, I find you scummy because of how you claimed, because you could have very well copied your claim from the example ordinary town claim. I'll take feedback from you, but this is where I will put my vote for now

Day 1 of Night Vale was the most optimal day 1 I've seen. We pressured someone into the ground based on not much (TL21 actually) and they did end up being a PR but we were able to weigh their claim, find it truthful, and swing the vote to a policy lynch instead which was not optimal but better than losing a PR. Only one PR outed on a fruitful day 1 is amazing as long as that PR isn't the doctor. Scum basically can't touch that person because of the WIFOM surrounding whether the kill will be watched or blocked. My issue comes when day 1 turns into an impromptu mass claim.

I guess the point of that long ramble is that we have to do everything to close the information advantage gap that scum starts with.

Day 1 of Night Vale was the most optimal day 1 I've seen. We pressured someone into the ground based on not much (TL21 actually) and they did end up being a PR but we were able to weigh their claim, find it truthful, and swing the vote to a policy lynch instead which was not optimal but better than losing a PR. Only one PR outed on a fruitful day 1 is amazing as long as that PR isn't the doctor. Scum basically can't touch that person because of the WIFOM surrounding whether the kill will be watched or blocked. My issue comes when day 1 turns into an impromptu mass claim.

I guess the point of that long ramble is that we have to do everything to close the information advantage gap that scum starts with.
I find the best way to prevent a mass claim is to have no-one claim at all
But that's just me
Hypocrisy levels rising

Sorian

Banned
I find the best way to prevent a mass claim is to have no-one claim at all
But that's just me
Hypocrisy levels rising

I would much rather a doctor, cop, roleblocker, etc. claim instead of letting themselves get lynched. You know when that claim isn't required though? Halfway through day 2 when there's only 3 votes on you.

I would much rather a doctor, cop, roleblocker, etc. claim instead of letting themselves get lynched. You know when that claim isn't required though? Halfway through day 2 when there's only 3 votes on you.
Keep in mind I wasn't actually Town that game

Sorian

Banned
Keep in mind I wasn't actually Town that game

I know and your impromptu claim and subsequent living until day 6,7,8,etc. should have gotten you lynched which is my point. An actual town player who is important needs to hold it close to their chest until it's proper. Basically, I'd prefer less Mazre's and Xam's :p This is all hypothetical though, I was just trying to describe my preferred day 1, the reality is that it requires a perfect storm and I can't control or expect that.

I know and your impromptu claim and subsequent living until day 6,7,8,etc. should have gotten you lynched which is my point. An actual town player who is important needs to hold it close to their chest until it's proper. Basically, I'd prefer less Mazre's and Xam's :p This is all hypothetical though, I was just trying to describe my preferred day 1, the reality is that it requires a perfect storm and I can't control or expect that.
And I want less people to bring me up when it comes to talking about bad players
But we can't always have what we want

Sorian

Banned
And I want less people to bring me up when it comes to talking about bad players
But we can't always have what we want

Point them to the spreadsheet, hard to argue with the numbers.

--------

Back on topic, I'd like Pop and Goddamn to check in, I'll be out of touch for an hour or two.

Flame_AC

I don't know what spreadsheet Sorian is talking about.

So far we've only heard from about half the participants by my estimates, hopefully we get more people around here tomorrow as it's the weekend.

Sorian

Banned
I don't know what spreadsheet Sorian is talking about.

So far we've only heard from about half the participants by my estimates, hopefully we get more people around here tomorrow as it's the weekend.

The thing that Ouro made that tracks each player's individual win/loss record.

Unless I'm misremembering, everyone but Pop and Goddamn have posted since day start but yeah, I'd say only about half have done anything substantial.

Flame_AC

The thing that Ouro made that tracks each player's individual win/loss record.

Unless I'm misremembering, everyone but Pop and Goddamn have posted since day start but yeah, I'd say only about half have done anything substantial.

Link please?

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Karkador (1)
Flame_AC .128

Pop-O-Matic (1)
Trigger .236

Camjo-Z (1)
Karu .219

Mazre (1)
Xamtheking .256

weemadarthur (1)
Fireblend .139

Sorian (1)
SkyOdin .141

TL21xx (1)
weemadarthur .165

TheGoddamn (1)
Sorian .239

Trigger (0)
Sorian .146 .239

Fireblend (0)
Sorian .127 .146
weemadarthur .147 .165

No Lynch (0)
Karkador .209 .226

No active vote for Day 1:
Camjo-Z
Coppanuva
El Topo
FluxWaveZ
Karkador (has previously voted)
Mazre
Pop-O-Matic
TheGoddamn
TL21xx
Ty4on

Day 1 ends:
bla_1459116000.png

10 votes for majority

SkyOdin

All the cool kids are voting so I'll do it too.

VOTE:pop-o-matic

Re: Read lists

I think that it's always helpful to get your opinions out into the open before a night phase, but I find that they've become a slog in the early phases. I think just making a list of who your top suspects are to be a lot easier. It's gets right to the point.

I'm still of the mindset that not voting on the first day is a waste of time. lol but we have this discussion every Day 1 in every game.

Hey Trigger, I just noticed that you voted for one of the two people who have not yet posted yet. Why vote for an inactive player so early? You didn't give much explanation for your vote.

Sorian

Banned
Link please?

Not sure if he got around to adding love boat but here

Hey Trigger, I just noticed that you voted for one of the two people who have not yet posted yet. Why vote for an inactive player so early? You didn't give much explanation for your vote.

I tried poking that too. Trigger voted and then ran away as fast as he could >_>

Sorian is opening a portal to the meta gaming singularity

Not really? If you mean me bringing up the spreadsheet, that was just because I know I like picking on Xam too but he is undefeated so it is what it is and if you mean me bringing up past games? I was just using examples to help illustrate why I think D1 can be so important since I know the current climate is just to sweep D1 under the rug judging from the review thread.

Anyway, are you planning to answer my question from earlier about if your list was ordered in any particular way? Also curious about weemad's question about what bolded and italicized means. I assume bolded was your scum list which makes your italicized entry, El Topo, interesting to me so early.

Karkador

Banned
I mean that if we're going to start meta gaming on the gafia summary document, we've dug deeper than hell.

The list is what the bat computer says. Computers never lie. A result......

Is a result.

Sorian

Banned
I mean that if we're going to start meta gaming on the gafia summary document, we've dug deeper than hell.

The list is what the bat computer says. Computers never lie. A result......

Is a result.

I can't really think of anything pertinent to meta game from the summary document so I doubt you'd have to worry there.

As for your bat-computer, I'll just nod slowly and wait for the inevitable follow-up gambit.

Sorian

Banned
Shall we shoot some bullets at a wall to get a fingerprint?

9zU2zYB.gif

I feel like you are leading up to a plan. I hope when I wake up in the morning, you've made some progress :p I'll probably have more to talk about then. Enough time will have passed where those who haven't checked in can be considered a policy concern and I'll be ableto put my thoughts down better when I'm not tired. Night for now.

Trigger

I tried poking that too. Trigger voted and then ran away as fast as he could >_>

Hey, I was sleepy and went to bed!

Purely RNG as far as my vote goes. Pop hasn't actually done anything to warrant hard pressure yet. You shouldn't read too much into it. Once Pop posts more I'll remove it.

Trigger

Hey, Trigger, are you scum again? It would really help to know.

Fireblend ok and everyone else, do you believe Mazre was serious about that role claim? What is your feeling about his doing it?

Honestly, this game would be easier for me if I had partners again. lol town never trust each other.

Camjo-Z

Do you have any opinions on your fellow players? Or are you just checking in to role play the Joker some more?

Yeah, here's an opinion. Maybe people so concerned about others' activity should go pester Karu, who drops a vote on me and parrots an opinion about how I should dance monkey dance on D1 while doing absolutely nothing himself.

Sorian

Banned
Hey, I was sleepy and went to bed!

Purely RNG as far as my vote goes. Pop hasn't actually done anything to warrant hard pressure yet. You shouldn't read too much into it. Once Pop posts more I'll remove it.

This is odd? It was purely RNG but you happened to vote for one of the two people who hadn't posted yet? I figured you were going to say you wanted to hear from everyone so you chose between him and Goddamn.

Bold is scum, italic is neutral

Ah, well that's a little bit better. I was assuming you were giving Topo a town read and I was trying to wonder why that would be. I'll ask a slightly different question though I'm sure I'll get the same response that weemad got. At such an early stage, how are you making a read that differs between scum and neutral?

ok guys i have a theory

brace yourselves because it's a doozy

I'm not sure why you posted a picture of Karkador next to Batman.

Karu

Yeah, here's an opinion. Maybe people so concerned about others' activity should go pester Karu, who drops a vote on me and parrots an opinion about how I should dance monkey dance on D1 while doing absolutely nothing himself.
It's about the attitude.

Trigger

This is odd? It was purely RNG but you happened to vote for one of the two people who hadn't posted yet? I figured you were going to say you wanted to hear from everyone so you chose between him and Goddamn.

The RNG works in mysterious ways. Pop being quiet just gives me further motivation to leave my vote on him.

Well, at least this isn't a joke per se....

I will go bother karu, and others too.

Sorian

Banned
I have no issues with your list. Just your blatant disregard for the games pretext.

I'm not sure if you are actually serious but flavor is just flavor :p

Also, Kark has no bat computer, at least not yet, since we didn't night start and that wasn't a day command.

Also, just because we are in a featureless room doesn't mean that Batman couldn't be remote desktoping in.

#tooseriousformyowngood

Sorian

Banned
Leave it to the people on the list to dismiss the validity of the list.

Everyone is on the list though.

Presumably, no one has had a chance to use a PR yet unless you have a PM'd day command. I'm sorry that I don't take your list seriously when you give no reasoning past "well it's what the bat computer says."

Top Bottom