• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

Grassy

Man, I'm really enjoying this game. I'm just taking my time and soaking it all in. I think it's great so far. Especially now I have a fire Uchigatana +1, this thing just slays. I'm pretty sure it's the first time in any Souls game where I've actually infused a weapon too...I chose the fire gem as a starting gift, glad I did now.

Oh please. People are playing the international edition on PS4 just fine without this so called Day 1 patch. This is quintessential PR speak.

Also fuck the swamp boss.

No, it's the Japanese PS4 version that everyone is playing, and it does have the 'day one' patch. The Japanese PS4 version has been at version 1.01 since launch day, while the Xbone version is still at 1.00 and has no online functionality etc.
So obviously '1.01' is the day one patch which contains online functionality and other fixes. I've played through the first ~3 hours on each version, and there's performance issues on Xbone that don't exist on PS4.

Jobbs

Banned
I just got to a new location after some really difficult shit, and was rewarded with stunning beauty
(and shortly later killed again by a really nasty enemy)

I suspect many of you have seen this by now but just in case you don't want to see anything, don't click.

Gif I took

Hypron

Reposting from last page. Does anyone have a recording of the cutscene after defeating 3 lords? (If there is one, I left the room for 30 sec and came back to a loading screen).

taoofjord

I picked up the Xbox One version and played it last night and the frame rate issues are real. This is coming from someone who never cared about the issues people had with Bloodborne. I'd definitely not recommend that people pick up the Xbox One version before it gets patched. Ah well, back to waiting till launch day for me.

Aside from the frame rate issues, after an hour with the game I have to say it's fucking awesome. It looks awesome and the hub area is so good, especially for those who love the Nexus. And combat is amazing too.

Rckstar

Back at the
catacombs
near the bridge I looked down and saw so much loot. how do we go there?

hardest boss by far. second mode was easier for me.

you mean the place with the
giaat rat
right?
You can buy a key at fire link shrine for 2k souls to open a door there and get down to the loot.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I picked up the Xbox One version and played it last night and the frame rate issues are real. This is coming from someone who never cared about the issues people had with Bloodborne. I'd definitely not recommend that people pick up the Xbox One version before it gets patched. Ah well, back to waiting till launch day for me.

Aside from the frame rate issues, after an hour with the game I have to say it's fucking awesome. It looks awesome and the hub area is so good, especially for those who love the Nexus. And combat is amazing too.

While there are definitely issues, I've yet to find them particularly bad. Never had anything major during combat.

It's not like blighttown.

I just got to a new location after some really difficult shit, and was rewarded with stunning beauty
(and shortly later killed again by a really nasty enemy)

I suspect many of you have seen this by now but just in case you don't want to see anything, don't click.

Gif I took

Yep that
new area is beautiful especially coming from the catacombs. That dog on the bridge took me by surprised almost killed me D: Wish I could read the messages left on the ground ;_: btw where did you get that sword?

Kolx

Oh god why do we have to wait 3 weeks Namco? why can't you just release the fuckin game now? Maybe instead of releasing some pathetic statements you can release the game how about that?

silva1991

Where can I get purging stone? the merchant
Yuria
is mad at me and won't sell anything.

you mean the place with the
giaat rat
right?
You can buy a key at fire link shrine for 2k souls to open a door there and get down to the loot.

I think your are talking about the key that opens the door in
undead settlement

I'm talking about the
catacombs

Majin Boo

So I killed 2 Lords of Cinder and have no idea where to go now, help please:

Abyss Watchers & Aldritch are down, I also found the Vendrick-like boss but haven't beaten him yet.

Jobbs

Banned
Yep that
new area is beautiful especially coming from the catacombs. That dog on the bridge took me by surprised almost killed me D: Wish I could read the messages left on the ground ;_: btw where did you get that sword?

It's the Wolf Knight sword, (according to google translate, anyway) I got it by
trading in the soul of the boss who had all those mirrors of himself fighting

Rurunaki

Yosp (Shuhei) is playing Dark Souls 3 using the PSVR headset. This is not a drill people. What a time to be alive!

Edit: I don't know how to link twitter post, but it's on his official twitter page.

Jobbs

Banned
Yosp is playing Dark Souls 3 using the PSVR headset. This is not a drill people. What a time to be alive!

Edit: I don't know how to link twitter post, but it's on his official twitter page.

I'm so exhausted and freaked out after hours of souls 3 that I read that initially as "yoshichan" and I was wondering how the hell he managed that

It's the Wolf Knight sword, (according to google translate, anyway) I got it by
trading in the soul of the boss who had all those mirrors of himself fighting
Assuming you mean
the soul of the abyss watchers. Traded that for his weapon. O well. Thanks!

idonteven

So I killed 2 Lords of Cinder and have no idea where to go now, help please:

Abyss Watchers & Aldritch are down, I also found the Vendrick-like boss but haven't beaten him yet.

kill that
vendrick like boss,there is a special sword in the back that kills him

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Reposting from last page. Does anyone have a recording of the cutscene after defeating 3 lords? (If there is one, I left the room for 30 sec and came back to a loading screen).

Can't find a video at the moment, but iirc E
mma pleads you to "take care of" the prince of Lothric, while warping you to where you need to be.
Nothing too grand, so I would just wait until your next playthrough (or at least once you've beaten the game) to check it out.

Guru-Guru

Banned
The boss in the Catacombs of Carthus,
High Lord Wolnir, was a complete joke. The intro was cool, but the fight wasn't challenging at all. It must have taken 2 mins to kill him. This isn't bragging, all you have to do in this boss fight is kill the golden bracelets he's wearing. His attacks are very slow and predictable, and he always kills the minions he summons.

I'm expecting bosses to get a lot harder from here!

Dingles

I'm assuming this is a bug? (light source/reflective surface going insane)

Screenshot-Original.png

Had it happen during a cut scene (where I got transported). Couldn't see anything..

Literally cannot find the cunting lightning spear miracle in the swamp. Can someone give me an idiot's guide?

Go to the Bonfire thats before the brazier gate you need to open. Head down the stairs towards the gate and turn right once you get to the bottom of them, there's a ladder in that immediate vicinity that goes to the top of a tower. Climb the ladder and take the elevator up to the very top of the tower, it's up there.

Edit for the top of the tower:
The gate to it is knackered but follow the right hand side of the gate and you can drop down and go round.

Saw this on reddit. Might help people who are lost and dont know where to gp
Starting after you kill the tree boss:

Head down to the tower where the giant is shooting arrows. If you leave the tree boss room from the main door, the pathway is to the left. There are lots of pot guys and whatnot.

Go down the elevator, and you will come to a valley. Progress through that and you will come to a marsh/forest looking area.

From here you can either kill the area boss, by going left when you get to the bottom after the bonfire with the two knights, or head to the poison swamp by looking for the big door with the two people guarding it.

Heading left will lead you to the boss, and then after that it is a linear progression up to the Cathedral of the Deep. You need to kill the Deacons here in order to progress later.

If you go to the poison swamp, you will need to extinguish some pillars. I recommend following the fires in order to stay in the shallow water. Once extinguished, a door will open up that leads to the first Lord of Cinder boss.

The next area (The Catacombs) is linear in progression. After the boss, you will be in the Boreal Valley. From this area you can find Pontiff Sulyvahn and forge onwards to another Lord of Cinder. Near the shallow water with the long haired spider ladies, you should hug the left wall and you will see an opening. This is the way to the Pontiff.

Alternatively, you can head to the sewers/prison which can be found near the shallow water with the long haired spider ladies. Following this is also a linear progression up until the next Lord of Cinder.

After you've killed three Lords of Cinder, you can progress deeper into Lothric by going back to the room where the woman sits. The woman who gave you the banner at the start. You can't really get lost from here.

guys can i use the bosses souls right? i dont need them to open anything ? (sorry this is my first souls game):D

As far as I know, you dont need them to open anything. You can use them to gain alot of souls or trade them to the guy sitting on the throne in firelink shrine for special boss weapons.

Lord of Cinder/Hub question:
I beat the first LOC last night and put their item on their throne, is that the only thing you can do with the item?

Hypron

Can't find a video at the moment, but iirc E
mma pleads you to "take care of" the prince of Lothric, while warping you to where you need to be.
Nothing too grand, so I would just wait until your next playthrough (or at least once you've beaten the game) to check it out.

Okay, thanks a lot! I never really leave the console running but I just had to tell my flatmate I beat the boss haha. And of course the only time I do that is when there actually is something at the end of the fight.

dealer-

While there are definitely issues, I've yet to find them particularly bad. Never had anything major during combat.

It's not like blighttown.

Yeah I'm playing on Xbox One, it's definitely better than the first two Souls games on PS3 for me. I had a couple of hiccups before the second boss but it has been fine outside of that.

I'm assuming this is a bug? (light source/reflective surface going insane)

Had it happen during a cut scene (where I got transported). Couldn't see anything..

This happened to me also, on Xbox One. Ever since I was transported the first time it has stopped happening.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Beat the second boss so far...I'm playing this game so much like Bloodborne that it's killing me. I keep trying to attack after being hit to regain HP like it's muscle memory, and I never used parry at all in the souls games yet now keep trying for it while my timing is as if I have a gun.

Guess it doesn't help that I started as a mercenary and I basically just dual wield and go nuts on everything.

addyb

As far as I know, you dont need them to open anything. You can use them to gain alot of souls or trade them to the guy sitting on the throne in firelink shrine for special boss weapons.

What weapon do you get from the 2nd boss soul? Not been back to firelink since and I forgot I had that soul.

aravuus

Has anyone tried a DEX/FTH build? Is the magic worth it? Someone said earlier their lightning spear dealt shit damage, like absolutely negligible, which sounds like poop cause the Scimitar-wielding, lightning-slinging DEX/FTH run was definitely the most fun I had with DkS2

Mendrox

People saying that the game is linear?

For a fun story:

Did the three bosses that the previews did.

After that I went through
the swamps
and killed
Abyss Watchers
and went through the Catacombs killed that area boss and now know that I've missed other bosses after I explored the whole area.

lol wut. But I got so much secret shit. You gotta hit a bridge guys so that you can get loot down there.

In the main bonfire, guy in the second chair from the left.

You need some special item beforehand though but you probably already have it.

All the chairs are empty for me... what do I need to do there? EDIT: Ah, nevermind,
I just didn't expect the guy sitting on there to be that small :D

Still, I have no idea where I could find that goddamn doll :(

Floody

Holy shit, this game opens up like you wouldn't believe once you hit the
Road of Sacrifice

That's good to hear. I've always loved how From can connect a lot of different areas together with their excellent level design. Does it badly affect load times though?

Top Bottom