• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

I think it's too early to abuse the moderator. Maybe we should get through some confusing roles before we start that.

lol that was a random number out of my ass. I was making a case that Camjo-Z wastes Day One, so I made an example how it is indeed possible to start the game with something "real" to talk about.
Or, mafia had two kills. Aimed one at Camjo, recruited him, and we now have a confirmed mayor scum.

Ok ok, I've had my fun. I've not roleclaimed.
though it would be hilarious if it were true
*sigh*

I think he does. It doesn't take much to get from one point to the other.

Sorian

Banned
Maybe he did and mafia had an unstoppable kill.

That's not how unstoppable kills work. Strongmen still can't hit commuters. If you commute, which is what Cat Woman reads like, then you are literally gone, so a strongman can punch through protections because you are still there behind the protection but in this case, no one is actually there.

Fireblend

Banned
How the hell did this thread grow 2 pages in the time it took me to write a test case? *NX flashbacks*

Erm, about Sky, either he gambled and lost, or some sort of higher-priority scum ability got to him would be my guess.

Regarding other recent happenings, my lack of Batman lore knowledge is really showing. I'm opting to believe Topo for now, and as much as I disliked Camjo's move I believe he's town. Flux is acting aggressively which I choose to interpret as him trying to bait something/someone. Maybe a weakened scum team. Maybe he's decided to play in a more risky way now that he saw how close he was to being lynched and highly doubts town will go for that again. Keeping vote on him for now.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but Kark, will you be requesting a new list from the batcomputer? :p

Karu's answer about a random number is weird. I guess it's worth pushing because if the mafia team's comms are indeed broken, then we can probably pressure more effectively today.

OMG Weemad are you seriously proposing there are recruitment mechanics in this game too?! ._.

Karkador

Banned
Once during the game, you may send me the night command STEAL to go on a thieving spree. During that night, you will be unable to be targeted by any power. From that moment on, you will automatically go on a thieving spree every alternate night. So if you use the command on night 1, you will be impossible to target on night 3-5-7 and so on.

It's unclear. The example in the second statement implies that the protection doesn't happen on the night you activate it

Ok, I'm seriously going to take a more level-headed approach from here on, but I'd like to revisit Camjo for a second. I think I can see what's going on.

To look at the lore for a second, Jason Todd was killed by the Joker in Death in the Family. He was resurrected by Ra's al Ghul in Under the Hood. When he was resurrected, he sets out to right the wrong done against him by holding the Joker hostage and telling Batman that he either kills him (Jason) or lets Jason kill the Joker.

I think that Camjo-Z is in fact a neutral. Once he's targeted, he's going to flip to neutral and his win condition will change to "kill the Joker", along it gaining the ability to perform night kills.

FluxWaveZ

Dunno.
I'm not supposed to do scum's fake claim brainstorming, so I'll just say that's my theory. Refute it.

Refuted. No reason to create elaborate theories like that for no reason right now. There was one Night phase and one person died during the Night phase. Let's keep it simple for now, until we actually have something else pointing at something different.

Mazre

Ok, I'm seriously going to take a more level-headed approach from here on, but I'd like to revisit Camjo for a second. I think I can see what's going on.

To look at the lore for a second, Jason Todd was killed by the Joker in Death in the Family. He was resurrected by Ra's al Ghul in Under the Hood. When he was resurrected, he sets out to right the wrong done against him by holding the Joker hostage and telling Batman that he either kills him (Jason) or lets Jason kill the Joker.

I think that Camjo-Z is in fact a neutral. Once he's targeted, he's going to flip to neutral and his win condition will change to "kill the Joker", along it gaining the ability to perform night kills.

I missed being in the same game with you.

FluxWaveZ

But... you're saying "once he's targeted." So you agree that he's Town-aligned right now?

OMG Weemad are you seriously proposing there are recruitment mechanics in this game too?! ._.

<_<
Well yeah.
I hadn't thought about it until you brought it up. But now that I do...it is bound to be true eventually if I keep playing mafia games. Anyway it's been perfectly plausible! Both times!

Fireblend

Banned

You and weemad should hang out.

Sorian

Banned
Refuted. No reason to create elaborate theories like that for no reason right now. There was one Night phase and one person died during the Night phase. Let's keep it simple for now, until we actually have something else pointing at something different.

Speaking of elaborate theories:

Yeah, I could see this (we've talked about scum overrides and town fucking about and activating a SK accidently already, did Roy plan to bring you on as our consultant today?) but it's like Flux says above, this is so elaborate to even consider right now. Occam's razor is that Camjo is just the town mayor and that is that. Maybe if we get hint of a stopped night kill of some sort then we could start to figure out why but do you really think this is the right pursuit today?

roytheone

Oh, I guess with the example is written?

Roy, can you clarify. If that role had been used last night would he have been commuting 1,3,5,7,etc. or just 3,5,7,etc.?

He would be unable to be targeted on the night he used the command, and after that every other night, so 1,3,5,7 etc.

FluxWaveZ

Flux is acting aggressively which I choose to interpret as him trying to bait something/someone. Maybe a weakened scum team. Maybe he's decided to play in a more risky way now that he saw how close he was to being lynched and highly doubts town will go for that again. Keeping vote on him for now.

Pfff... hahaha. Yeah, alright, I guess you choose to believe what you want.

You know how people who have NDEs come back with a certain appreciation for life and a will to live? Well... it's kind of like that in my case, but the opposite.

Sorian

Banned
Pfff... hahaha. Yeah, alright, I guess you choose to believe what you want.

You know how people who have NDEs come back with a certain appreciation for life and a will to live? Well... it's kind of like that in my case, but the opposite.

Yes, yes, we get it. If you yearn for death so badly then we'll all feel bad and assume you are town.

FluxWaveZ

Most likely, yes. That's not to say that I think not killing him is the best course of action; I just want it discussed. You're opening the doors for chaos if you just let this by without discussing it.

Meh. It's clear that you might be on the right track, but it would be ludicrous to lynch Camjo right now. Just really stupid. Don't be stupid.

I guess it depends on when/if Camjo ever gets targeted. I would hope we would infer when that happens because of circumstances (e.g. no one was killed on N#). Either way, I find it highly unlikely Camjo was targeted on N1.

Ah, so, why didn't SkyOdin use his ability? :/

Yeah, I could see this (we've talked about scum overrides and town fucking about and activating a SK accidently already, did Roy plan to bring you on as our consultant today?) but it's like Flux says above, this is so elaborate to even consider right now. Occam's razor is that Camjo is just the town mayor and that is that. Maybe if we get hint of a stopped night kill of some sort then we could start to figure out why but do you really think this is the right pursuit today?

It's not so elaborate that we can rule it out. I'm just saying it bears discussion.

FluxWaveZ

Yes, yes, we get it. If you yearn for death so badly then we'll all feel bad and assume you are town.

What, no. I'm aligned with the Villains, I already said this.

Besides, you who likes to talk about previous player behaviour so much, have you somehow missed every game I've played in and how I've disregarded my life in each of them? Death is meaningless.

Meh. It's clear that you might be on the right track, but it would be ludicrous to lynch Camjo right now. Just really stupid. Don't be stupid.

I guess it depends on when/if Camjo ever gets targeted. I would hope we would infer when that happens because of circumstances (e.g. no one was killed on N#). Either way, I find it highly unlikely Camjo was targeted on N1.

I'm asking you, just for a minute, to tell me why it's stupid.

Sorian

Banned
Since Flux is going up to bat in Camjo/Karu's place anyway to answer her question, I might as well ask my counter question as well. To weemad, do you actually think that scum would have targeted Camjo last night? Just used his power that is commonly a one shot and was baiting for a night kill which may have also baited a watcher if there is one around.

FluxWaveZ

I'm asking you, just for a minute, to tell me why it's stupid.

Because it would be 100% stupid to lynch someone who is absolutely town just because they might not be town at some unforeseen point in the future. Lynch someone else. If anything, Camjo can get lynched if things get a bit weird or seem a bit tight for town. He's a known target right now. Shoot for the unknown.

Sorian

Banned
It's not so elaborate that we can rule it out. I'm just saying it bears discussion.

I mean, sure, and it's good that the idea is out there just in case now but all signs point to, even if you are correct, that he is town right now. I'm asking if you would seriously lynch for that right now when he is our closest to a confirmed townie at the moment.

What, no. I'm aligned with the Villains, I already said this.

Besides, you who likes to talk about previous player behaviour so much, have you somehow missed every game I've played in and how I've disregarded my life in each of them? Death is meaningless.

Not really, death wasn't meaningless in woof 2 until you thought you had won the game, a miscalculation and terrible targeting of night kills did make your death meaningless though.

Since Flux is going up to bat in Camjo/Karu's place anyway to answer her question, I might as well ask my counter question as well. To weemad, do you actually think that scum would have targeted Camjo last night? Just used his power that is commonly a one shot and was baiting for a night kill which may have also baited a watcher if there is one around.

No clue. I've never played as mafia and have no idea how to think that way.

But Camjo's wording was "come get some". It's just so invitational.

FluxWaveZ

Not really, death wasn't meaningless in woof 2 until you thought you had won the game, a miscalculation and terrible targeting of night kills did make your death meaningless though.

Wow, so the one game that I was scum I actually held value in my life, and the others where I was Town (Woof 1, Heist, Love Boat) I didn't care if I died because I didn't care if I died. It's an open-and-shut case! This totally points to me being scum in Batman, you figured it out detective.

Sorian

Banned
Because it would be 100% stupid to lynch someone who is absolutely town just because they might not be town at some unforeseen point in the future. Lynch someone else. If anything, Camjo can get lynched if things get a bit weird or seem a bit tight for town. He's a known target right now. Shoot for the unknown.

I mean, sure, and it's good that the idea is out there just in case now but all signs point to, even if you are correct, that he is town right now. I'm asking if you would seriously lynch for that right now when he is our closest to a confirmed townie at the moment.

I wouldn't lynch him right now, no, but he looks like the closest to a threat from where I'm sitting. :/

Top Bottom