• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

Sorian

Banned
Frankly, I don't care if this player gets lynched anyway, but the information of who votes for the player is far more valuable.

Wait, I thought you were telling specific people to vote, you already kind of recruited Kark early in the day phase (or tried to, he mostly ignored you until his reads list) now you are looking for information on who votes?

Wait, I thought you were telling specific people to vote, you already kind of recruited Kark early in the day phase (or tried to, he mostly ignored you until his reads list) now you are looking for information on who votes?

You're reading too much into my words. The action is out of my hands. However, the outcome of the action will be determined by the players who vote for the player I chose before the day began. The action will provide information. That's what I mean.

You're reading too much into my words. The action is out of my hands. However, the outcome of the action will be determined by the players who vote for the player I chose before the day began. The action will provide information. That's what I mean.

Like, you pick someone for some sort of information read, but the moderator PMs anyone voting for them and not you?

So you have already opened Pandora's box and it now falls to the rest of us to control it as much as we can

Sorian

Banned

Ok, let's do this before we have a vague back and forth for the next day and a half. I am reading into your words because you are talking in vague ramblings, I'm trying to dissect what you are trying to say. Am I right that whatever this whole thing is, the votes have to be on the person at day end?

So you have already opened Pandora's box and it now falls to the rest of us to control it as much as we can

I didn't make this game, bro.

Ok, let's do this before we have a vague back and forth for the next day and a half. I am reading into your words because you are talking in vague ramblings, I'm trying to dissect what you are trying to say. Am I right that whatever this whole thing is, the votes have to be on the person at day end?

I can answer specific questions. I'm trying to be as forthcoming as possible without affecting scum action. For that, town has to be as blind as scum is. I am actually really sorry about it, because it's misleading and anti-town in itself.

The answer to that is yes.

Sorian

Banned
I didn't make this game, bro.

I can answer specific questions. I'm trying to be as forthcoming as possible without affecting scum action. For that, town has to be as blind as scum is. I am actually really sorry about it, because it's misleading and anti-town in itself.

The answer to that is yes.

And you chose a person night 1? I'm forced to assume you kind of chose at random then since you were asking us to catch you up on what happened day 1 and who had claimed? Or was that all an act?

And you chose a person night 1? I'm forced to assume you kind of chose at random then since you were asking us to catch you up on what happened day 1 and who had claimed? Or was that all an act?

I didn't read the entirety of Day 1, but my selection wasn't random.

Interest level: declining rapidly
You picked a player that used a role which is almost always one shot, and town. What the hell else do you need to know?

Sorian

Banned
I was hoping a few players found his actions suspect enough to follow me through on my early day push. I don't think this is altogether as crazy as the rest of this whole roleclaim has been. lol

I'm guessing you are some type of investigation (you don't have to answer that part specifically, I'm not probing there) and I can't help but notice the theme that some people have adopted for today. We've seen shitty overrides in this community before. We don't know Flux's alignment yet or Topo's alignment but we've had a case of town saving scum to lynch another town, we've had someone just blow their override to kill the person that was already about to get hammered. So yes, the actions around the override were garbage, I've said that plenty but this is such an odd thread to follow. One player dead in a game and we are blowing a PR to check the person with a confirmed override.

Yes, if this isn't an investigation of some sort then this post doesn't apply at all and we can all just ignore it when your plan (if it's real) comes to fruition.

Is it hard to make up a fake role when you can't run it past anyone else behind the scenes?

The only role I've seen was standard commuter. There's no evidence in town's possession that the roles are anything above normal. This convoluted claim sounds above normal, so it is suspect.

Sorian

Banned
Is it hard to make up a fake role when you can't run it past anyone else behind the scenes?

The only role I've seen was standard commuter. There's no evidence in town's possession that the roles are anything above normal. This convoluted claim sounds above normal, so it is suspect.

It was slightly not standard, he got to choose whether he wanted to be odd or even night commuter which is something new at least. This does sound overly convoluted but I wouldn't write off convoluted roles based on one flip.

*We've seen

It was slightly not standard, he got to choose whether he wanted to be odd or even night commuter which is something new at least. This does sound overly convoluted but I wouldn't write off convoluted roles based on one flip.

Yeah, but do you want to cooperate with them? Lol

Sorian

Banned
Camjo-Z is not the target of this action. I never said he was. The targets are those who vote for him. That's why I need the votes on him.

Ok, I think that's all my questions. You did not make it exceedingly clear that the votee was not the target but that's fine, you're tip-toeing and it makes sense to me now maybe. I still don't like how this smells of scum trying to split the vote and, conveniently, some of that split is going to the mayor who might be bulletproof or might be a serial killer or might just be confirmed town.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, but do you want to cooperate with them? Lol

Potentially, it's more if I trust the player than the role. Circumstances too, I was almost on board with this until it turned back into "let's vote for Camjo guys" but slightly better this time because we don't have to lynch him, just put a few votes.

Ok, I think that's all my questions. You did not make it exceedingly clear that the votee was not the target but that's fine, you're tip-toeing and it makes sense to me now maybe. I still don't like how this smells of scum trying to split the vote and, conveniently, some of that split is going to the mayor who might be bulletproof or might be a serial killer or might just be confirmed town.

Split the vote between who and who? We don't even have a defined day target.

And this is a mayor/something else we're dealing with here. Regardless if he was the mayor, the danger of losing him isn't altogether that big a deal because he's already used his ability.

How convenient

For who?

ah, i love mafia with a minority lynch ability trying to get rid of a clear that they can't safely nightkill

I actually laughed out loud. From everything I've said, this is a very reasonable explanation. I don't know how to defend against this without revealing my whole role.

Fireblend

Banned
God damnit. A big post of mine just got deleted. I hate everything.

Ok.

I don't care much about Launch's supposed role right now. It feels distracting. I just want to ask: Do you know what your power does (even if it occurs after an indeterminate amount of time) and would you be able to share it with us after the votes you're asking for are placed?

Moving onto other things, questions for Coppa:

You seemed worried when Mazre predicted you'd be the lynch for the previous day phase. What are your thoughts on that now?

It took you a while to place a vote yesterday, and when you did it was Camjo. You did say in that same post however:

Mazre seems to have a lot of people saying he's a good target but relatively few people actually voting for him, despite the late hour. It feels like a lot of people trying to push for a pile on without wanting to take responsibility for his death.

Were you afraid to place a vote on him yourself because you didn't want to look too worried about his prediction? This seems like an odd post to make, bringing attention to other people's suspects (whom you toootally don't suspect) and calling them out on not voting for him. Seems like a good way to distance yourself from any bloodshed.

You said on day 1 that you were against discussing potential role mechanics, the number of scum players, etc. Sorian's and Kark's discussion got pretty meta and you chimed in a couple of times regarding camjo's potential reasons for using his power when he did and the nature of his role, so would you say you're comfortable with discussing such things now?

That doesn't quite answer my question. I asked when you would have used the power, not "Do you think he should have told us its impact before using it?". Honestly, if he's not lying Topo played it the only way he could. I can understand the doubt around whether or not he's telling the truth, and honestly I'm not sure either way myself. I need to re-read his posts and see what I think.

This doesn't seem to have led anywhere. Have you "re-read his posts" yet? If so, please share your thoughts.

Vote: Coppanuva

I don't care much about Launch's supposed role right now. It feels distracting. I just want to ask: Do you know what your power does (even if it occurs after an indeterminate amount of time) and would you be able to share it with us after the votes you're asking for are placed?

I can't share with you what it does until the next day phase. I won't be able to mention it in the twilight, and mentioning it before day end may cause people to jump ship. However, I'm not lying when I say that it won't kill anyone, not even Camjo.

I can't share with you what it does until the next day phase. I won't be able to mention it in the twilight, and mentioning it before day end may cause people to jump ship. However, I'm not lying when I say that it won't kill anyone, not even Camjo.
Are you not going to tell us
Or are you not allowed to tell us

Sorian

Banned
Split the vote between who and who? We don't even have a defined day target.

And this is a mayor/something else we're dealing with here. Regardless if he was the mayor, the danger of losing him isn't altogether that big a deal because he's already used his ability.

Splitting the vote between Camjo and whoever we end up actually lynching. I'm sure at day end we will be sitting between two candidates again, maybe 3 if we are feeling really frisky, and you want to add in a small subset to another person which A) let's people sit out of the vote on day 2 where scum can still hide within votes fairly easily (making it even easier on them) and B) with enough splitting of the vote, Camjo can become an easy lynch to last minute fuckery. We've already lost voting records for day one until such a time that we actually see Topo or Flux's flip so I'd like day 2's vote to actually hold full weight which this kind of pulls away from.

And this is a mayor/something else maybe. I know this is a shocker but all we know is that he overrode something, did it ever occur to you (because it did to me and I thought this might be at least a question in others minds but everyone is just taking his word at gospel) that Camjo is bluffing? Look at his claim again, he gives us weird flavor and then ends it with "hey, maybe I'm bulletproof, yeah baby!" So yes, maybe he is hiding that he is an activated serial killer or, he tacked on extra to his role as people tend to do and he was just the mayor/governor and that's it, and with his override, he thought he would be considered verified town and now wanted to add on that he might be bulletproof so that scum would have to dance with WIFOM if they wanted to night kill him. That's why the talk on poking at Camjo was irritating me. He's not a good choice to lynch today and it's just a rash decision, what he gave us in his claim was stupid and completely unneeded, he could have just said he was the governor but no, he went out of his way to say more that then ended up with us thinking he might be a scum recruit or could turn into a SK or something. Why even claim all that? I was trying to see if I could distract away from that thought so then scum would have to dick around with what to do during their night kills but I guess I'll spell it out instead.

Sorian

Banned
God damnit. A big post of mine just got deleted. I hate everything.

Ok.

Moving onto other things, questions for Coppa:

You seemed worried when Mazre predicted you'd be the lynch for the previous day phase. What are your thoughts on that now?

It took you a while to place a vote yesterday, and when you did it was Camjo. You did say in that same post however:

Were you afraid to place a vote on him yourself because you didn't want to look too worried about his prediction? This seems like an odd post to make, bringing attention to other people's suspects (whom you toootally don't suspect) and calling them out on not voting for him. Seems like a good way to distance yourself from any bloodshed.

You said on day 1 that you were against discussing potential role mechanics, the number of scum players, etc. Sorian's and Kark's discussion got pretty meta and you chimed in a couple of times regarding camjo's potential reasons for using his power when he did and the nature of his role, so would you say you're comfortable with discussing such things now?

This doesn't seem to have led anywhere. Have you "re-read his posts" yet? If so, please share your thoughts.

Vote: Coppanuva

I'm echoing your post and I don't mind drawing attention to the fact that I'm agreeing with you again. I can't sit on all of the inactives at once or I would so I want to say that Coppa's "be back later, don't worry about me" has definitely reached it's expiration date at this point and while I gave him a slight pass last night, it's getting on my nerves that we can only get him in here when someone puts his name in red.

Mazre still looking pretty scummy. Offering nothing but jokes. Mostly ditto for Xam.

Surprisingly, Xam is out of the woodwork asking questions of Launch's claim which is another reversal from yesterday where he sat in the corner for all the Camjo talk. I still have no clue what is up with Mazre.

Karu

Launch... ugh. I kinda believe you, I guess? But with Camjo-Z being the target this is a tricky one - I don't want him dead. If this is an option seriously considered, come tomorrow, I might be up for it - depending on how the numbers look. What's the majority needed right now? If I haven't miscounted, eight? To be honest, that would be manageable. On the other hand... Day One's end, so there's that. :D

Top Bottom