• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

Camjo-Z

Why? Please, elaborate why that makes no sense.

Feel free to quote all the original new thoughts gryvan has relayed to us that give you pause on lynching him for Kark's prior behavior. Perhaps the one where he says "Sorian is scummy because... I can't be bothered to give any reasons", or maybe when he revealed that "the Ace flavor is too silly so here's one of the first results on google images for 'batman ace' instead, you can figure it out from there"?

Regardless of whether you think player X is scum or not, that makes no sense and you know it lol

uh, not it makes perfect sense. Being in that situation, there are still frequent calls to the way that Flux acted D1 and halfway into D2. You can grill me on them all you want, and I will never be able to answer because I'm not Fluxwave. Especially using the replacement's inability to speak for someone who left the game as some sort of mark against them is just plain dickish. Why did Flux or Kark act the way they did or say the things they did? I don't know, why don't you ask them? OH WAIT!

Also, Absolut denied everything Flux did and said he saw no reason why he was acting like he was, gryvan has said that he 100% agrees with Kark's analysis. I think it's fair to attribute Kark to gryvan more than we've attributed Fux to Absolut.

This only makes sense if Kark is wrong about everything though. If Kark gave Gryvan details on what he found, and it all makes sense to Gryvan, why wouldn't he agree with Kark?

Ty4on

This only makes sense if Kark is wrong about everything though. If Kark gave Gryvan details on what he found, and it all makes sense to Gryvan, why wouldn't he agree with Kark?
Kark didn't leave him any notes though. I asked gryvan that earlier.

Kark didn't leave him any notes though. I asked gryvan that earlier.
Sorry, by "notes" I mainly meant "results of any theoretical night actions". I thought Kark claimed some sort of PR, the details and possible results of which presumably would have been given to gryvan.

El Topo

Feel free to quote all the original new thoughts gryvan has relayed to us that give you pause on lynching him for Kark's prior behavior. Perhaps the one where he says "Sorian is scummy because... I can't be bothered to give any reasons", or maybe when he revealed that "the Ace flavor is too silly so here's one of the first results on google images for 'batman ace' instead, you can figure it out from there"?

I argued that a player should not be held accountable for the actions of his predecessor. Your post does not explain how that is unreasonable.

Sorian

Banned

Replacements don't get notes from their predecessors. The most we do as mods when we replace players is let them know what night actions their predecessor did and applicable results. Unless he is scum, then he gets notes from scum buddies, of course. gryvan is claiming to have read the thread and he agrees with what Kark has said and done, he also stands behind Kark's Ace claim and the roleblock of me N1 and Karu N2. He is playing this like Kark 2.0, it's hard for me to feel bad about not dissociating him from the sins of the father.

Karu

Why? Please, elaborate why that makes no sense.
Because it fucks with the inherent gameplay/set-up of Mafia. There is a certain grace period you can allow substitutes to get into the game, but to to call it "unfair" to lynch them no matter the two entire Days of suspicious behaviour prior is ridiclious in my mind.

roytheone

Day 3 votes

sorian (1)
pop-o-matic 1934 (1993)
sorian 1974 (2002)
gryvan 2205

launchpadmcq (0)
sorian 1935 (1943)
ty4on 1990 (2178)

ty4on (1)
launchpadmcq 1939 (2031)
coppanuva 2288 (2344)
trigger 2311
launchpadmcq 2313 (2314)

coppanuva (4)
sorian 1943 (1974)
sorian 2002 (2028)
xamtheking 2030
ty4on 2178
absolutbro 2287
launchpadmcq 2314

el topo (1)
ty4on 1989 (1990)
pop-o-matic 1993

karkador (0)
sorian 2028 (2196)
launchpadmcq 2031 (2169)
weemadarthur 2042 (2218)
camjo-z 2050 (2213)

gryvan (5)

fireblend 2207
camjo-z 2213
weemadarthur 2240
karu 2302
coppanuva 2344

Sorian

Banned
Sorry, by "notes" I mainly meant "results of any theoretical night actions". I thought Kark claimed some sort of PR, the details and possible results of which presumably would have been given to gryvan.

Kark claimed role block. Role blockers don't receive any special information. So yeah, gryvan was probably told whatever Kark was up to N1 and N2 and he did indeed say that yes, Kark did role block me and Karu.

I argued that a player should not be held accountable for the actions of his predecessor. Your post does not explain how that is unreasonable.

My post did but you are ignoring it lol

Ok. So it seems split between Coppa and Gryvan.

I'll try to review their posts quickly, unless someone can explain why one definitely is more scummy than the other.

El Topo

No. It really didn't. What you did was argue why you think gryvan is scum in relation to Kark and how our current game situation factors into all this.

I don't think now is the right time to argue about this. I think it's best to take this into the general game thread.

Sorian

Banned
No. It really didn't. What you did was argue why you think gryvan is scum in relation to Kark and how our current game situation factors into all this.

?

Also, Absolut denied everything Flux did and said he saw no reason why he was acting like he was, gryvan has said that he 100% agrees with Kark's analysis. I think it's fair to attribute Kark to gryvan more than we've attributed Fux to Absolut.

Absolut disassociated himself from Flux in one of his first posts.

gryvan has said he intends to continue Kark's work because he agrees with him.

Please tell me why I shouldn't be holding gryvan accountable for Kark?

Sorian

Banned
Ok. So it seems split between Coppa and Gryvan.

I'll try to review their posts quickly, unless someone can explain why one definitely is more scummy than the other.

I'd rather you come up with your own opinion than letting someone else color your thoughts.

Ty4on

Please tell me why I shouldn't be holding gryvan accountable for Kark?

Gryvan didn't tie the votes on D1 or go hard on Camjo and you on D2.
Gryvan has IIRC just said that he agrees with Kark's viewpoints like Sorian and Launch being scummy. It's not that weird IMO to agree with your predecessor. If you're replacing someone who's town it makes sense not to ditch their earlier thoughts because they came from a confirmed townie.

Trigger

Coppanuva visited Kark last night. I'm a tracker. I'm not sure why he visited Kark. I was hoping that Coppanuva might say something to give me a better read of the situation.

You're here now though. Any last minute thoughts?

I need more time to build up reads. I also think that Launch's list might warrant more serious consideration. If it ends up being correct we would need to look more seriously at those that tried to undermine it I think.

I'm not really confident enough to place a vote with only 5 minutes on the clock.

Ty4on

Maybe Coppa is a new power role that forces replacements ^_^;

Anyways, we know he isn't the vote thingy or limericker if Trigger is telling the truth.

I thought and I thought about what you have said,
and now I have figured out what karky led
us to understand.
you are neutral and
he received info about you from roy, ahead

of time. And vice versa too.
He seemed awfully worried about you.
you know who he is
and he knows your biz.
what difference does it make? Is it true?

I have some reasons for believing Kark's claim.

Do you think there's a neutral in this game? I do

The theme gives me the feeling that there's a neutral

I don't believe it.

Also, if you guys think there's no pre-game info handed out in this game, I've got two thick, husky words for you:

PREP TIME:

Ty4on

fucking

clockwork

well actually i was 1 minute off but still

It would be really helpful if Coppa could answer.

On the bright side I feel a little bit better about a Kark lynch because I don't immediately see how Coppa's role could be scum. I'm guessing an investigator of some sort if he is scum. Scum has hit a lot of power roles.

roytheone

The Riddler looked at the votes.

“So, Gryvan it is, eh? Well, Gryvan, do you have any last words before you face one of my brilliantly designed challenges?”

“Woof woof!”

“Eh, is that a yes or a no?”

“Arf Arf!”

Gryvan happily wiggled his tail back and forth.

“I will take that as a yes then!”

The riddler pushed another button, and Gryvan excitedly ran through one of the doors.

At the other side of the door was……..a new, loving family that happily adopted him! Not only that, but Gryvan even got a new playmate since the same family had previously adopted a poor, abandoned doggy that was left just outside a courthouse!

Gryvan has died! been adopted by a loving family!

Welcome to Batman mafia!

You are Ace, AKA The Bat-hound.

You are aligned with the heroes.

OMG, you are such an adorable puppy! Look at how cute you are! Man, I wanted to write some dumb, not really that funny fluff here, but now I can do nothing else but admire your cuteness!

*pets you*

*pets you some more*

*pretends to stop petting you, but actually pets you EVEN MORE!*

Apparently, I am not the only one that thinks you are adorable, since you can send me the command BELLYRUBS: playername during the night to demand bellyrubs from that player. Since that player will be to busy rubbing your cute belly, they will not be able to perform an action that night.

You win when all the villains are eliminated.

The thread can be found here

Please confirm you are ready to play by sending me a PM or by posting in the thread. If you have any questions, please send them to me! Have fun!

Day 4 starts in:
bla_1460235600.png

roytheone

Final vote count for day 3:

gryvan (6)
launchpadmcq 2197 (2313)
fireblend 2207
camjo-z 2213
weemadarthur 2240
karu 2302
coppanuva 2344
el topo 2371

coppanuva (4)
xamtheking 2030
ty4on 2178
absolutbro 2287
launchpadmcq 2314

sorian (1)
pop-o-matic 1934 (1993)
gryvan 2205

el topo (1)
ty4on 1989 (1990)
pop-o-matic 1993

ty4on (1)
launchpadmcq 1939 (2031)
coppanuva 2288 (2344)
trigger 2311
launchpadmcq 2313 (2314)

Why did the owl like coding? Because of the bugs!(1)
Sorian

launchpadmcq (0)
ty4on 1990 (2178)

karkador (0)
launchpadmcq 2031 (2169)
weemadarthur 2042 (2218)
camjo-z 2050 (2213)

roytheone

A new day has dawned. In the room, the twelve remaining participants looked at eachother with a look filled with confusion.

“So, ehm, did you guys saw that Gryvan was a dog? I mean, it is kinda hard to miss if someone is a dog, isn’t it?”

“Well, in hindsight I did thought it was weird that he was constantly trying to hump my leg.”

“Yeah, and now that you mention it, I did found it weird that he could lick his own balls!”

“Wait, being able to lick your own balls is weird?”

The Riddler looked at the screens in his control room and sighed.

“If you guys are done with this conversation of a staggering low level of depth, can you please look around for AbsolutBro? Here is a little tip: his body is RIGHT BEHIND YOU, YOU IDIOTS!

They all looked behind them, to the lifeless body of AbsolutBro. In his hand, a bloodied badge.

AbsolutBro has died!

Welcome to Batman mafia!

You are A generic GCPD officer.

You are aligned with the heroes.

Your friend thought you were crazy, becoming a cop in Gotham city???? That is a death sentence! You laughed it off and pretended that it all wasn’t so bad, but deep inside you knew they were right. But they pay well, and you needed the money to take care for your pregnant wife, terminally ill kid and the 5 abandoned puppies you selflessly took in. They are all counting on you to get out of this crazy person's death trap alive, so you will not give up. You will help the heroes to take down the villains, and survive! Maybe even get some autographs for your daughter, she will love that!

You don’t have any cool super powers, or any of those cool gadgets, hell, you even aren’t as smart as those guys. But you still have the power to VOTE! So use that power to take down the villains and get back to your family alive!

You win when all the villains are eliminated.

The thread can be found here

Please confirm you are ready to play by sending me a PM or by posting in the thread. If you have any questions, please send them to me! Have fun!

Day 4 begins

12 people are still alive! 7 votes are needed for majority!
bla_1460494800.png

Sorian

Banned
I'm on mobile so I'll be long on this post. For now I'm doing this:

VOTE: Coppanuva

I'm sure scum was laughing at me yesterday. They do have a role blocker and they completely were able to stop me from acting. Longer post coming soon with the whole truth on my role and what happened.

I'm on mobile so I'll be long on this post. For now I'm doing this:

VOTE: Coppanuva

I'm sure scum was laughing at me yesterday. They do have a role blocker and they completely were able to stop me from acting. Longer post coming soon with the whole truth on my role and what happened.
That's fishy as hell, dude, you straight up said yesterday you couldn't be blocked last night on multiple occasions

Sorian

Banned
So after Roy posted results yesterday, I got a PM from him. It said (changing the wording) that the effects of the joker toxin worsen causing me to be unable to submit a night action due to fits of laughter. About 5min before day start, I got a PM saying that the effects of the toxin faded which I assume means my vote counts again too. So it looks like that wasn't just a vote eraser but a dual ability with an auto role block that night.

As for my ability, no reason to be coy now since I can't use it until tomorrow night now (I verified with Roy, I lost my charge meaning I have to start the process again.) So again, I am Michael Lane, aka Azrael. I am town's 1-shot strong vigilante, which is why I didn't think my action could be stopped anymore, a normal role block can't stop a strong kill but preventing me from even submitting an action will sure do it. I kill using the sword of sin. I have to spend one night using IGNITE with the sword. The following night I have a regular KILL command which acts as a strong kill. I'll have to ignite again tonight to even have a chance of killing.

So yeah, my intention was to kill Coppa last night (which I will push full force by vote today) but I couldn't. I remember (not finding it on mobile) that weemad said she thought it was too bad I obviously wasn't a vig, I'm not sure why she thought that though. I'll try to field questions as much as I can but don't expect any other huge posts until I'm at a comp later tonight.

Sorian

Banned
That's fishy as hell, dude, you straight up said yesterday you couldn't be blocked last night on multiple occasions

I was unaware that the damage was already done. I thought the joker toxin was just the vote non-sense which seemed too weak, not as weak now though.

Sorian

Banned
Dear mafia,

12345 is not a good password either. Hope you learned your lesson last night.

Sincerely,
Barbara Gordon

lol chat bombed them again? Good

Also I don't believe a single word you're saying, Sorian. You're as scum as it gets.

Think about it for a second. Do you really think there is no other night killer in this game? It is smaller but 18 still needs something to speed along night kills. That's supposed to be me apparently but either by luck or otherwise (by luck on the Kark role block at least), I haven't been able to.

Top Bottom