• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Timeaisis

If Launch's action is the one that was triggered first your List would have to be this one then

Actually, if I understand Launch's power correctly, he swaps people completely randomly, then night actions occur and then...well this happened.

If my theory is correct on how things work in this game (that there is a rearrange at day start), I think that my ability comes in as an interim between the Day 1 arrangement and Day 2 arrangement, as in Day 1 arrangement > ability rearrange > Day 2 start rearrange. I don't think it will be visible at all to anyone except Retro (or the co-mods). I don't know for sure if there's going to be a rearrange at the start of Day 2, but I think we're going to know more when that comes. However, if it is the case that we wake up on Day 3 and there was no rearrange, then it was my ability that rearranged the seats.

So if that's all true we have no idea what the positions of anyone were when the night actions happened. Retro pretty much confirmed that there was a re-arrange at day start, so Launch's swapping happened at night, and then it switched again just now.

Burbeting

Banned
You sat next to weemad and Terra, right Roy? I don't no if there is more signifigance on the people sitting next to you versus everyone sitting on the same table, though.

The changes seem random, although it's good to know that the changes don't affect N1 night actions, which means that the changes have less of an impact than what Launch seemed to anticipate.

Ourobolus

Banned
The changes seem random, although it's good to know that the changes don't affect N1 night actions, which means that the changes have less of an impact than what Launch seemed to anticipate.

From what Launch was saying, it sounds like his ability DID affect N1 actions though. The end-of-night switch that Retrialmer does must happen after the actions are done.

Launch's Switch -> Night Actions -> Mod Switch

So at least for the first night, where we started and where we ended up don't seem to have any bearing on whatever the hell happened during the night.

Burbeting

Banned
What was that weird "Gotcha!" Launch tried to play on Roy yesterday. It was pretty stupid imo. Gryvan lynch was not the best choice either, although I wasn't able to participate in D1 end, so I can't complain too much. Gryvan still was in people's minds though, and since we had so little to go for, I would have wanted to lynch someone blending, because scum usually do that.

roytheone

You sat next to weemad and Terra, right Roy? I don't no if there is more signifigance on the people sitting next to you versus everyone sitting on the same table, though.

Nope, at the start of the night I sat next to Ourob and, eh, Gryvan's corpse? an empty chair? Salvapot? depends on how that works with the lynched person. Then Launch did his action (if it is real), so if that was on our table, people got switched around. Then I got doused. Then the big switch happened and I moved to table 1.

Burbeting

Banned
From what Launch was saying, it sounds like his ability DID affect N1 actions though. The end-of-night switch that Retrialmer does must happen after the actions are done.

Launch's Switch -> Night Actions -> Mod Switch

So at least for the first night, where we started and where we ended up don't seem to have any bearing on whatever the hell happened during the night.

I guess that makes sense then. Sadly, we have no idea what was the set-up of the table Launch swapped, since mod-change happened after it. Although if the table Launch swapped had KingKitty in it, we could get a clue of scum actions in n1.

Burbeting

Banned
Nope, at the start of the night I sat next to Ourob and, eh, Gryvan's corpse? an empty chair? Salvapot? depends on how that works with the lynched person. Then Launch did his action (if it is real), so if that was on our table, people got switched around. Then I got doused. Then the big switch happened and I moved to table 1.

Oh right, I was looking at the D2 map by accident.

nin1000

Banned
Then why in the hell are people talking about it, nin specifically, as if they know what table Launch swapped?

I thought his action was done at the beginning of the night before every action came through,i did NOT know that there was another rearrangement.

Thats why i said that it sucks.

nin1000

Banned
to be clear about my previous line of thought. Roy said this

If we assume PR can only target people at the same table as them (which I find likely) one of these fuckers:

Absolutbro
Czartim
Kalor
Launchpadmcq
Salvapot
Ourobolus
Xamtheking
RNH
Karu

Is an arsonist, since I got drenched last night.

He thought that he got hit by one of those players.

I followed up with my thoughts that it had to be one of those

Nin1000
Ty4on
Robotninjahornets
Kalor
Terrabyte20XX
Weemadarthur
Xamtheking
Bababaspaceprincess
Czartim

since i thought that there was only one rearrangement, the one from Launch.
Launchpads action > night actions > Day starts.

It was an error since it has now been cleared up that there were 2 rearrangements.

Burbeting

Banned
For now I guess we need for Launch to tell what table was swapped, if we want to know if Scum targeted KK last night, or someone else. If the table KK was in was swapped, they might have tried to gun for someone else.

to be clear about my previous line of thought. Roy said this

He thought that he got hit by one of those players.

I followed up with my thoughts that it had to be one of those

since i thought that there was only one rearrangement, the one from Launch.
Launchpads action > night actions > Day starts.

It was an error since it has now been cleared up that there were 2 rearrangements.
But how do you know which table Launch allegedly used his power on?
He hasn't said which oine?

roytheone

Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if launch is the arsonist. He claimed a role that we can't see the effects of, but it did make him more town in a lot of people's eyes. He claimed it was one shot so that scum wouldn't kill him since he is basically an ordinary towny now. It is not a cover he could keep up for the whole game, but he wouldn't have to, an arsonist leaves the game in the middle. It would be a pretty good play as a neutral that leaves the game early.

Burbeting

Banned
I won't be able to post much until maybe tomorrow, but I have some lengthy information to share about my ability.

Sadly there is the possibility that the game might stall on it's place until we've heard from you more :x. Since the information does seem like vital on understanding what happened on N1.

But Launch said
Alright, I think I've let you guys stew long enough. I'll do the full role reveal.

I'm ScraftyDevil, the Wedding Planner. I have no idea where this flavor even came from, but I'm apparently the person who chooses the seating arrangement. During the day phase, I can decide to randomize the seating arrangement of 1 table of my choice before actions are taken.

I just posted the names of those that were on his table of D1 and D2.
SO WHY DOES THE LIST OF PEOPLE AT HIS TABLE MATTER AT ALL IF WE DON'T KNOW THE TABLE HE SWAPPED

CzarTim

Vote: Terrabyte20xx

My feelings haven't changed since yesterday.

Probably won't be around today, will catch up tonight.

Last post!

roytheone

Two people I want to hear from are Terrabyte and Bronx-man. Both put down a vote very early in day 1 with no or only a clearly jokingly explanation, but then proceeded to keep that vote there for the whole day, without mentioning their targets anymore. I understand to put a kind of random vote at the start of day 1, but if you still have it there at the end of the day, I expect a real reason.

So looking at that map, I am going to assume that those seats are not permanent.

Now I need someone to vote...

1401x788-032_TLC_12132015dg_0972-2557730714.jpg

But 'who?' (Who?) Who?

Let's go with:

VOTE: Roytheone

Time to get this party started.

VOTE: Ourobolus

Nothing personal, Ouro. I just kinda despise every fiber of your being thanks to what happened in Matrix6.

On mobile now heading home, will make a paint picture in order to put down my line of thought.
I eagerly await why one of the more prominent map-related posters yesterday would have made a mistake when it came to what he thought was extremely important

Fireblend

Banned
Interesting, I switched not only seats but also tables. Unless seats are randomized again at the end of every night, I'd imagine that was the result of a night action. That's some serious table-hopping though, almost half of us switched tables, it almost makes me think it was random.

Vote: Scrafty

You went along with most of what I said yesterday even though I was acting pretty recklessly (it sucks that Gryvan wasn't scum, btw. I genuinely read him as scum. RIP). I would have expected a more skeptic response, like most of the other players had. I hope to see some original thoughts from you today; at least I suppose with this vote we now have one thing to disagree about.

Interesting, I switched not only seats but also tables. Unless seats are randomized again at the end of every night, I'd imagine that was the result of a night action. That's some serious table-hopping though, almost half of us switched tables, it almost makes me think it was random.

Vote: Scrafty

You went along with most of what I said yesterday even though I was acting pretty recklessly (it sucks that Gryvan wasn't scum, btw. I genuinely read him as scum. RIP). I would have expected a more skeptic response, like most of the other players had. I hope to see some original thoughts from you today; at least I suppose with this vote we now have one thing to disagree about.
What did the vote count tool ever do to you to treat it so horribly

Ourobolus

Banned
GUYS WAKE UP
THE DAY STARTED

I'm at work, so I'm just sneaking in posts when I can. I don't think we're going to learn a whole lot until Launch tells us what table he switched, unfortunately.

In the meantime, I just want to hear more from the more inactive people. I know inactivity isn't necessarily a #scumtell, but more discussion is always better.

Hyperactivity (seriously, are you like sick or something? You're usually more...hy...loquacious)
Bronx-Man
BSP
Terrabyte

And Weemadarthur too - I know you just subbed in, but hopefully you were able to catch up.

I'm at work, so I'm just sneaking in posts when I can. I don't think we're going to learn a whole lot until Launch tells us what table he switched, unfortunately.

In the meantime, I just want to hear more from the more inactive people. I know inactivity isn't necessarily a #scumtell, but more discussion is always better.

Hyperactivity (seriously, are you like sick or something? You're usually more...hy...loquacious)
Bronx-Man
BSP
Terrabyte

And Weemadarthur too - I know you just subbed in, but hopefully you were able to catch up.
Did you put the sleeping powder in the food
OURO ADMIT IT

RIP King Kitty

gryvan (5)
fireblend 132
bananaspaceprincess 476
launchpadmcq 513
xamtheking 514
scraftydevil 567

The list of who voted for Gryvan. Obviously on day one, and with only 5 votes on him, we can't be sure that one of them is Scum, especially with the votes spread among quiet a few candidates. That said, and perhaps I'm the only one, but I always find end day surges like that a little suspicious. If the voting is already on a townie, scum has no reason to get involved unless things turn ugly. When the leading candidate is scum though...

Ty4on

If Fire is town I wouldn't be surprised if all of the final votes were from town. I find that scum usually try to stay out of that. In Batman Pop was the only scum who moved his vote in the end.

Ty4on

We probably had a scum with two votes on them though which might have changed behavior somewhat.

I want to hear more from Fire. How can we avoid a repeat if D1?

Timeaisis

RIP King Kitty

gryvan (5)
fireblend 132
bananaspaceprincess 476
launchpadmcq 513
xamtheking 514
scraftydevil 567

The list of who voted for Gryvan. Obviously on day one, and with only 5 votes on him, we can't be sure that one of them is Scum, especially with the votes spread among quiet a few candidates. That said, and perhaps I'm the only one, but I always find end day surges like that a little suspicious. If the voting is already on a townie, scum has no reason to get involved unless things turn ugly. When the leading candidate is scum though...

It was a pretty close tie before the Gryvan "mini-bandwagon".

Here's the vote count right before Launch's vote on Gryvan.

Current Votes:

fireblend (3)
gryvan 418
robotninjahornets 474
absolutbro 496

ourobolus (2)
bananaspaceprincess 128 (363)
bronx-man 133
salvapot 469

czartim (2)
xamtheking 374
launchpadmcq 388

scraftydevil (2)
kingkitty 387
timeaisis 470

terrabyte20xx (2)
ourobolus 457
kalor 473

karu (2)
ty4on 477
nin1000 479

absolutbro (2)
roytheone 312
burbeting 472

gryvan (2)
fireblend 132
bananaspaceprincess 476

nin1000 (1)
czartim 258 (359)
scraftydevil 404

roytheone (1)
terrabyte20xx 131
gryvan 146 (259)

timeaisis (1)
czartim 451

launchpadmcq (0)
robotninjahornets 115 (395)
czartim 209 (224)
salvapot 217 (360)

xamtheking (0)
burbeting 377 (472)

bronx-man (0)
launchpadmcq 319 (388)

salvapot (0)
czartim 359 (451)

ty4on (0)
launchpadmcq 147 (319)

gra_1461600000.png

Launch did make it clear he would not have a tie, so a vote on Gryvan doesn't really look suspicious to me at that stage.

Ty4on

D1 really didn't go that badly, lol
Odds of hitting a scum D1 are pretty rare
We didn't learn much. Scum could easily have hidden in the inactivity.

The odds of hitting scum aren't that low. I think GAFia hits town D1 way more than chance alone would predict. Assuming 20% scum every 5th game should have a scum lynched D1.

Top Bottom