• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I did mention my reads on my post from earlier (The one terra reacted VERY badly to).

Scrafty has always had a playstyle that its hard for me to read, so I usually just leave her alone, I think she is town. Wee is playing well from my point of view, perhaps falling a bit into the roleplay of scrafty, but I think its still leaning town

Nin is my bro, so I can't vote for him. Nah, but seriously, I think Xam attitude to nin is more telling about xam than nin, so I am more suspicious of xam than nin as of this moment.

As I said, terra is still the one I feel its acting the scummiest, his reaction to my post (That I decided to leave for later since it was so volatile) its not helping him either.
Oh screw you and your passive aggressive bull crap. If you think I am scum lay it all out. It would spark discussion and maybe get you more into the game.

But you won't do it, why? I think it's because you're scum and this is EXACTLY the kind of environment you want!

SalvaPot

Oh screw you and your passive aggressive bull crap. If you think I am scum lay it all out. It would spark discussion and maybe get you more into the game.

But you won't do it, why? I think it's because you're scum and this is EXACTLY the kind of environment you want!

giphy.gif

I am here but somehow I don't feel like posting.

Who else is on the same boat? Who else is constantly lurking but not posting? I honestly feel like the day is full of fluff and I need to actually sit down and read through the fluff to get an idea of who it is, yet again I feel its meaningless, so I feel like I should just go to my gut and just vote for who I feel could be scum.

You are trying to draw votes on yourself for refusing to play, while still showing up. Why would you want votes on yourself?

SalvaPot

You are trying to draw votes on yourself for refusing to play, while still showing up. Why would you want votes on yourself?

That is the point, and I made a conscious decision to still post even if I don't feel like it, maybe even spurring other players to post too. I don't actually want to be inactive, but its clear I am not the only one who feels this way.

Have you notices how people seem to jump only at the people that make posts? This game has a very clear inactive problem, even with finals and work there should be at least one post per person just so we can gather their thoughts, anything at all. An I think scum players are taking notice of this and would rather stay quiet.

Salva, I haven't claimed Aztec lynchproof -6-shot miller arsonist yet, please chill out.
-----
In PW, the claim was just dumb enough to work. Also, when Stanley died, it helped quite a bunch.

Camjo-Z

During the night... a fluffy penguin visits you and tells you that Camjo has no fucking clue what is going on in this game...

will catch up and post something useful later

Camjo-Z

OK my thoughts:

- ScraftyDevil is being really gimmicky and confrontational. Probably mafia going for a "TOO OUTRAGEOUS TO BE SCUM!" play.
- Ouro and Burbeting strike me as playing a little too sensibly. If one isn't mafia the other is
- RobotNinjaHornets is probably town. H's tunneling into Firebrand with what few posts he's made and scum doesn't really need to stick their neck out like that this early.
- This table mechanic is going to be a pain in the ass

That is the point, and I made a conscious decision to still post even if I don't feel like it, maybe even spurring other players to post too. I don't actually want to be inactive, but its clear I am not the only one who feels this way.

Have you notices how people seem to jump only at the people that make posts? This game has a very clear inactive problem, even with finals and work there should be at least one post per person just so we can gather their thoughts, anything at all. An I think scum players are taking notice of this and would rather stay quiet.

You make a lot more sense than I expected. I'll grant you that scum teams I've observed don't tend to bother talking much when a few townfolk are arguing amongst themselves.

However, I do think it's a mistake not to be motivated to this degree. I'm personally trying to put together a reads list on all players if possible. What do you think is the best way to participate?

Ourobolus

Banned
Terra and Salva is striking me as a forced argument. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but it's really distracting from everything else at hand.

If I'm totally off base, it's because I've been drinking.

Literally, Outside of the game. Like, rum and coke in hand. Don't read anything into this. Booze.

Timeaisis

So let's see...I missed Salva, Ty4on and weemad back and forth. Some mildly interesting stuff, I suppose.

Did she vote for Gryvan?
I could see a scum team worrying if they had zero people on the first lynch, because that would result in all the day one lynchers being cleared as non mafia. But I also think Fireblend has been really scummy this game, and seems totally insincere, so I can't be sure that hypothesis works for Scrafty's behavior or not.

Huh? What do you mean by this?

We had been discussing whether any scum were on the Gryvan vote, and I was asked in particular what Scrafty's late vote might mean. Does it make sense in context? I sometimes think I'm clear when I'm not.

So just a desire to have one of them on the winning vote?
It just looked like you implied that people voting gryvan were cleared.

Theoretically cleared, yes. If scum went a day without voting on the lynchee. I'm not suggesting it has been confirmed; we were speculating on motives.

I'm not following this reasoning at all. How would those who voted Gryvan be cleared? Sure, a late vote is poor form for scum if Gryvan was going to die, anyway, but that doesn't mean any of the earlier votes were not scum. Unless you are particularly talking about late votes as cleared. Which still, might not be the case because scum usually wants to spread their vote out, and if they didn't have one yet they might put one down, even though it's a late vote.

The Salva vs TB thing just really solidifies my scum read on TB. He continues to act like he has everything to lose by being accused of being scum, so he's lashing out. Speaking of lashing out...

This is exactly the kind of reaction I was hoping for.

phyllis1.gif

If you're considering what I'm doing "attacking" then you need to re-evaluate your definition of the word, sweetie. Why such a strong reaction to an innocent prod vote? Could it be that you're looking to protect your teammate and want to cast doubt on me in the process?

Darling, now you have my full attention.

VOTE: weemadarthur

"Entrapment" posts always pique my interest, because a lot of time they seem like they are pulled out of the ass after the fact, just like this one. Seems like rudimentary deflection and then lashing out at someone in the guise of a gotcha vote.

Anyway, TB and Scrafty continue to be my prime suspects.

nin1000

Banned
Welcome back Timeaisis.

Vote: Burbeting

We have not really talked much did we Burb. Other than being a tiny bit scribe at the start of the day you did not really say much. Would love to heard from you aswell :)

Fireblend

Banned
Just got back from watching Civil War (pretty good btw)

With Scrafty's recent behavior I'm pretty content with my vote on her. I know her RP shenanigans are well known here, but her last couple of posts make it seem to me like she's trying and not achieving to hide her forced reaching behind that fancy mask of hers. I did entrapment better yesterday tbh.

Sleep time nao. Also welcome Camjo.

Ourobolus

Banned
any words on Burb ?
Sure.

(Slightly drunk and ready for bed, but why not)

Burb said a hell of a lot after the fire drill happened. He hasn't said much since. He brought up a few theories on the arsonist, though reading through them I'm not entirely convinced of any of them.

The short version is that I think Burb pulled the fire alarm and that it is either a town power or a neutral power (though what the end game is for that neutral role is beyond me).

nin1000

Banned
Sure.

(Slightly drunk and ready for bed, but why not)

Burb said a hell of a lot after the fire drill happened. He hasn't said much since. He brought up a few theories on the arsonist, though reading through them I'm not entirely convinced of any of them.

The short version is that I think Burb pulled the fire alarm and that it is either a town power or a neutral power (though what the end game is for that neutral role is beyond me).

I rather think that he is some kind of PR, given that he is trying to stay in the back

roytheone

With the Salva VS TB and the scrafty VS weemad discussions, I think at least one of them are two townies going against each other. And I think that is Salva VS TB. TB made a dumb, premature role claim, saying that he thought the role was useless but can actually help us a lot with trying to find the arsonist for example, but I think it was a honest miscalculation. Salva's reaction to him is understandable though, and I would think scum would just sit back and let someone else start that train, and jump on later.

Scrafty is scummier IMO. I always hate placing a vote on someone, and then if you get called out on it just going: haha, it was a trap! If you place a weird vote, people are going to call you out on it. That doesn't make them scum. Town is just as likely, often even more likely, to attack you for it. I seldom see this kind of plays actually helping with catching scum. It is however an useful way to try and fix a mistake you made as scum.

OK my thoughts:

- ScraftyDevil is being really gimmicky and confrontational. Probably mafia going for a "TOO OUTRAGEOUS TO BE SCUM!" play.
- Ouro and Burbeting strike me as playing a little too sensibly. If one isn't mafia the other is
- RobotNinjaHornets is probably town. H's tunneling into Firebrand with what few posts he's made and scum doesn't really need to stick their neck out like that this early.
- This table mechanic is going to be a pain in the ass

Can you elaborate on this a bit? You are saying at least one of them is scum because they are too sensible? There is no room in this game for two sensible persons?

roytheone

Since you chimed in, what are your thoughts on Burbeting, Weemad and Absolute Bro

AbsolutBro I feel a bit better about. He started to contribute more. However, he is the "contributing more then the very inactives to prevent a lynch because of inactivity, but not really helping town a lot either to prevent a NK" spot I would expect the arsonist to be in. I don't feel him as scum as much anymore, but I do see him as a good arsonist candidate.

Weemad I feel good about. They are very active, creating discussion in a game that has a lot of activity problems. I don't see them calling scrafty out for her supposed "trap vote" as scummy behavior at all.

Burb feels off to me. He has some useful posts, definitely more then the average player in this game, but from the games i played with him where he always was town, I expected more. There he always had a lot of suspects, had lists of like 4 or 5 people he thought were scum. And often many of those people on those lists were actually scum! Here he seems a lot more reserved. Which is how I expect a scum burb to play. Still pretending be useful, but at the same time having it toned down a bit. I am keeping my eye on him.

CzarTim

I still don't have a good feeling about wee but I am hesitant to vote out someone contributing that much given the activity level.

I also have a hard time reading scrafty due to the persona.

So my overall thoughts on their conversation is :-/

CzarTim

With the Salva VS TB and the scrafty VS weemad discussions, I think at least one of them are two townies going against each other. And I think that is Salva VS TB. TB made a dumb, premature role claim, saying that he thought the role was useless but can actually help us a lot with trying to find the arsonist for example, but I think it was a honest miscalculation. Salva's reaction to him is understandable though, and I would think scum would just sit back and let someone else start that train, and jump on later.

Agree with this. If I had to pick one as scum, it'd be TB. But man I cannot wrap my mind around that roleclaim if he's scum.

CzarTim

your 2 cents on the rest of the bunch ? Timeasisis Burb etc ?

Burb has been reserved, yes I agree. However him not being around is not really alignment indicative. He's a good enough town player that I'd like to give him a few days to step up.

Time just seems like a non-entity this game and I'd be okay voting there. I am also considering voting Kalor, as I agree that it was super weird to call nin genuine and then scum read him.

Don't answer for other people

And explain to me why you would vote for someone if you thought they had a PR. Or even mention it for that matter.
Tim I will do whatever I like thank you very much
That is good point, though, especially about mentioning the PR.

nin1000

Banned
alright so
you think he's not a scum PR, a neutral PR, or a town PR, based on your statements

you said :

then why didn't you say scum/neutral PR

i said this earlier that he is another kind of PR , hence my earlier quote

i dont believe he pulled the Firealarm and he is another kind of PR

and i would not go that far to call him scum today. I hope you could follow my line of thought Xam. glad you stepped your terrible game up and arrived at mediocrity

you said :

i said this earlier that he is another kind of PR , hence my earlier quote

and i would not go that far to call him scum today. I hope you could follow my line of thought Xam. glad you stepped your terrible game up and arrived at mediocrity
I'm just confused by this point

Ty4on

Time just seems like a non-entity this game and I'd be okay voting there. I am also considering voting Kalor, as I agree that it was super weird to call nin genuine and then scum read him.
Weird that he didn't reply.

VOTE: Kalor

Can you elaborate on this a bit? You are saying at least one of them is scum because they are too sensible? There is no room in this game for two sensible persons?
I kind of agree with Camjo. I don't have much of a read on either, but it feels like they're being very safe. Being sensible is nice and all, but when that's my main impression it feels like it could be an act to stay out of the spotlight.

I have a question before I go into my reads. Has anyone other than Terra claimed that I may have missed?

Ok, I’ve perused the past few pages and I’ve got some thoughts. I’m not sure how helpful they’ll be, but maybe you guys can build on them and we can have a discussion

BSP - Says I could be lying about my role, but trusts me for now. I’m putting a bullet in for her because it’s a rather strange sentiment to have.

Burbeting/Fireblend - Frankly, these look like dead ends to me. They read like townies to me. You guys are basically saying your reasoning against them is “they’re a little too townie”. I’m not buying that as solid evidence of anything. I will support a lynch over a no lynch, no matter what, so I’ll lynch them if it comes down to the line. I’m just not getting a scum read off of either of them.

Terrabyte20xx - My top town at the moment. I think his role claim makes sense and it’s rather risky, so I’ll believe him for now.

CzarTim - Playing how he usually plays, which is worrisome. The dude is as brash as you’d expect, which is usually a good cover for being mafia. Then again, any change in behavior would be detected by those who have played with him before, so he has to act this way regardless of what his role is.

nin1000 - My top scum at the moment. The assumptions and his thought process have been all over the place wrong. He keeps making assumptions about my role that are completely off-base, as if he has more information than he should. I am going to leave my vote here. Even though I’m used to nin being erratic and just overall weird, this time he seems overly suspect.

roytheone - Getting a town read from him. I wouldn’t have brought him up, but he asked me a concern that I would answer (without quoting because I’m typing this from google docs to post on my phone). He said I should have received a roleblock message if I was blocked, and I definitely did not.

SalvaPot - #2 on my top scum list. He called me out for blowing my load early and was just overall very critical.

Xam - Xam being Xam.

Everybody else I get a null read from or I otherwise just don’t have much to say about them.

It's possible there could be like a poison drink deal where an uninvited could poison the drink of the person next to them, but it doesn't take effect for a couple days so as to not be obvious who did it.

Fucking hell , why did i not think about this. That sure is genious. Since the poisoner will be seated somewhere else after 2 days. Nice line of thought right there.

Alright so hi peeps
Apparently someone put a drink in front of me, and I drank it
I don't know what this does
But I just wanted to let you guys know

That sure is a heck of a coincidence right fellas?

Top Bottom