• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Ourobolus

Banned
Both are for the same reason: throwing shade without any proof of conviction of their suspicion, and replying to suspicion held towards them by sarcasm and willingly ingore the opportunity to enhance discussion.

I will admit that Nin is trying harder though.
Nin is posting a lot, but he's also not saying a hell of a lot. My original confused town read on him is slipping.

Timeaisis

Burb has been reserved, yes I agree. However him not being around is not really alignment indicative. He's a good enough town player that I'd like to give him a few days to step up.

Time just seems like a non-entity this game and I'd be okay voting there. I am also considering voting Kalor, as I agree that it was super weird to call nin genuine and then scum read him.

I always post in a dead time and all you guys post while I'm asleep! I can't help it. :p

That sure is a heck of a coincidence right fellas?

Well this is really, really interesting. Timing of that is right after D2 starts, too. Xam is playing odd and with this interesting bit seems to push him into my suspects. However, I think it's best if we leave Xam alive for now. We should probably see if there are any immediate effects to drinking. As some have hypothesized, it could be a day-delay thing. Or maybe he'll get another notification tomorrow, who knows. If nothing happens overnight and Xam still lives in the morning, then we have ample reason to probe him further.

I'm 50/50 on him right now. On one hand, seems very convenient claim to make, especially on the heels of me and nin hypothesizing about such a power the day before. On the other hand, it seems like an ability that you can pretty easily logically infer from the set-up and flavor of this game, so I dunno.

And then there's nin...who is talking a lot about...something. Honestly, my read on nin is still town, just trying to move the game forward. He doesn't seem to have any obvious ulterior motives or anything.

My highest suspicion is still Scrafty, who seems to be rather inactive and yet still makes these big flashy posts to accuse someone. That's weird to me. Actually, that's enough fo me to vote her. Hopefully it brings her back into the thread and she can explain her reasoning a little clearer.

Vote: ScraftyDevil

Well I don't have as much as I hoped to have. But I'm working out some reads anyway.

01. AbsolutBro [m] Seems to be scum hunting and trying to figure things out. Some baiting of power roles though. Questionable.

02. Bronx-man [m] Has been away a lot. I don't really have any bad feelings about him. Nullish, but slightly leaning town.

03. BananaSpacePrincess [f] Her posts seem genuine and sincere. Could be a faked tone, but currently I'm reading her as town.

04. Burbeting [m] Despite his participation, I keep forgetting he's in this game. The only thing I'm pretty sure about, is that he's not a miller.

05. Camjo-Z [m] Has been scum hunting since showing up, not a target for me on day two. I don't remember hyper having any notable posts before the replacement, so I don't have lingering doubts.

06. CzarTim [m] Seems scummy. He always seems scummy. I think he's one of the players who I read that way, no matter their alignment. Yet I can't pick out an obvious issue to attack. Will watch closely.

07. Fireblend [m] I was able to easily town read Fireblend in batman. He was relaxed and enjoying the game. Here he is suddenly tense and over serious. Something is different. It could be that he's scum.

08. Kalor [m] Total blending. Could easily be scum. Not my top pick, but if he was a lynch candidate I would have nothing to defend him with.

09. LaunchpadMcQ [m] I've tried today to find outside proof of his claimed power, without baiting excess claims. I can't find any, and he claims a hidden aspect that we don't need to worry about. I feel like giving him the benefit of the doubt, but that needs to end next day phase. Like someone said when he claimed, you can't ride a soft claim forever.

10. Nin1000 [m] Weird stuff here. Is he drunk or not paying attention? Or scum trying to waste our time by re-explaining everything that's been finished. I have a null read overall, but there are some things bugging me.

11. Ourobolus [m] Has been contributing. Engages with other players with no apparent stress. Asks and answers questions without problem. I have a slightly town read.

12. RobotNinjaHornets [m] Is afk. But the posts he has made are very non committal. He says oh, I think, maybe, maybe not. Not getting a town vibe here.

13. Roytheone [m] The only thing scummy from Roy is his claim of being doused. I'm waiting for corroboration on it happening. I think my real reason for being suspicious of the claim is meta. It seems like Gafia mods like to rewrite the basic flavor, yet here we have a standard gasoline throwing arsonist. I expect more variation I guess.

14. Salvapot [m] Everything he's done has seemed scummy, yet when I questioned him directly he had a believable response. I guess he's not my top three scum.

15. ScraftyDevil [f] Won't engage with players, sets pointless trap for a gotcha that breaks down with even brief thought. My vote is here. I would need some major convincing to move it.

16. Terrabyte20xx [m] I have trouble reading Terrabyte. I heavily scum read him in our first game, where he was town. His play style is so different from mine that we will probably clash. I don't think his play varies that much by his alignment. Lots of people are doubting his motion detector claim for undisclosed reasons, I can't offer any insight. Would have trouble defending, but I have a different lynch candidate in mind.

17. Timeaisis [m] I don't even remember him at this point. I think I'm confusing his name with other players. I guess I'll say he's blending.

18. Ty4on [m] Feels similar to his play in batman. He was town.

20. Xamtheking [m] Xam is just being himself. Apart from his natural scumminess, I don't see any reason to think he's scum. It seems counter productive to lynch someone you think has been poisoned. I hadn't really questioned his claim of being given a drink. I just thought it made sense in Gafia that he'd be taken for a ride by a cabbeh. I'm not on board with a Xam-policy lynch on day two, with two potential extra killers we already "know" about. We probably will run low on available mislynches too quickly for that.

"gryvan's getting flustered, must be a scumslip!"

*gryvan dies, is town*

"nin's getting flustered, must be a scumslip!"

Nin is making really weird assumptions about my ability. Has been all day phase.

09. LaunchpadMcQ [m] I've tried today to find outside proof of his claimed power, without baiting excess claims. I can't find any, and he claims a hidden aspect that we don't need to worry about. I feel like giving him the benefit of the doubt, but that needs to end next day phase. Like someone said when he claimed, you can't ride a soft claim forever.

I'm not riding a soft claim. The other part of my ability is not relevant to what has occurred, at least not in a way that's going to change what you know.

There's no outside proof that would be easily attainable or confirmed. In many cases, roles don't get feedback about the target of their ability. If you want to test my claim, ask me questions, but saying "there's been no proof" should keep me in the neutral, at worst. There are not many ways to prove my ability worked the way I said it did, so it's not entirely fair you're writing me off as scum automatically. I would expect that not being able to confirm it easily is kind of the point.

The fact that no one has claimed it makes me think it's a scum / neutral thing.
I agree. I also cant really see why town would want to shuffle things during the day, like, at all. I suppose if scum didnt know there was a proximity tracker, it could make them trip on their night actions, but I still dont really see it.

Timeaisis

I agree. I also cant really see why town would want to shuffle things during the day, like, at all. I suppose if scum didnt know there was a proximity tracker, it could make them trip on their night actions, but I still dont really see it.

After reading over the build up to the shuffle, the only thing I see that was really revealed was TB's roleclaim. The weird thing there is TB's ability happens at night, so scum would be in no danger during the day sitting next to him. Furthermore, they would have plenty of time to discuss if a shuffle would be a good idea, and when. They could've done it like an hour before the day ended, for example. But it was like an hour after TB's claim. Which leads me to believe that it wasn't a mafia response to that. It very well could be a mafia response to something else more subtle in the thread that we aren't just picking up on, though.

I'm of the opinion that the swap was a neutral thing and that was just a random time the person picked. Hell, a "prankster" or something that pulls the fire alarm three times and wins or something like that. Sounds like something that could happen.

After reading over the build up to the shuffle, the only thing I see that was really revealed was TB's roleclaim. The weird thing there is TB's ability happens at night, so scum would be in no danger during the day sitting next to him. Furthermore, they would have plenty of time to discuss if a shuffle would be a good idea, and when. They could've done it like an hour before the day ended, for example. But it was like an hour after TB's claim. Which leads me to believe that it wasn't a mafia response to that. It very well could be a mafia response to something else more subtle in the thread that we aren't just picking up on, though.

I'm of the opinion that the swap was a neutral thing and that was just a random time the person picked. Hell, a "prankster" or something that pulls the fire alarm three times and wins or something like that. Sounds like something that could happen.
Certainly possible. That gives us quite a few neutral options though, betwen the Prankster, Poisoner and Arsonist. Im still iffy on any of them being in game, but I guess there is no real way to know. I see no reason it shouldnt be the mafia though, especially if they caught wind of a quiet "must be close" type of power.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I just finished my last exam of the day so I'm trying to catch up on everything. Salva's doing his usual shtick, Terra is panicking over the thought of being lynched, and Nin........nin, I don't know what the fuck you've been doing today.

Camjo-Z

Certainly possible. That gives us quite a few neutral options though, betwen the Prankster, Poisoner and Arsonist. Im still iffy on any of them being in game, but I guess there is no real way to know. I see no reason it shouldnt be the mafia though, especially if they caught wind of a quiet "must be close" type of power.

Fire alarm prankster is probably a mafia role based around the fact that their actions are affected by seating. My guess is that there was an unfavorable seating arrangement, so they randomized it in an attempt to improve the situation. I think people should start paying attention to which table people are sitting at when certain actions happen from here on out. I'm sure there are some powers that aren't affected by seating, but I'd be shocked if kills didn't require the killer to be at the same table as their victim, as that would be a nice balance mechanic when a maf with a strong power is forced to perform the kill in lieu of performing their skill since they're at the victim's table. The specific positioning of the seats may also be significant, but right now I'm just focusing on the entire tables.

Also, poisoner is more likely to be a maf role than a neutral. Thus, I suspect arsonist is the neutral, since there's basically no other reason someone would claim doused as lying could be easily called out within a day or two when nothing else happens, just like with poisoning.

Also, poisoner is more likely to be a maf role than a neutral. Thus, I suspect arsonist is the neutral, since there's basically no other reason someone would claim doused as lying could be easily called out within a day or two when nothing else happens, just like with poisoning.

Your reasoning makes sense. However, it seems like you are certain there's only one neutral.

This midseason taught me that a 22 person game can have six scum, still give them an extra recruitable member, and have neutrals besides. Ok, it was completely imbalanced, but this isn't a reviewed game either. Why so sure about a single neutral?

Camjo-Z

Your reasoning makes sense. However, it seems like you are certain there's only one neutral.

This midseason taught me that a 22 person game can have six scum, still give them an extra recruitable member, and have neutrals besides. Ok, it was completely imbalanced, but this isn't a reviewed game either. Why so sure about a single neutral?

I'm not sure there's just a single neutral, but we don't have any evidence of another right now so why bother with baseless speculation.

Burbeting

Banned
Nin has made lot of weird mistakes today, but I feel that in spite of it, he has been very sincere in his posts, and honest about his confusion, which makes me think he is not scum. That doesn't mean that he is off the hook, though.

What's bothering me is Ouro. Lot of the stuff he says feels very agreeable, but there is clearly an aura of manipulation coming from him... something that makes me go suspicious and eery about his motivations.

Burbeting

Banned
UNVOTE

Honestly, I have been not as talkative in this game due to the fact that the game feels like there is lot less content to go for. Everyone seems somehow really shallow and quiet, and what people post feels like it has words in them, but not much actual content by themselves. It's dangerous, since I feel that scum will greatly enjoy this kind of evironment.

Burbeting

Banned
It feels like people post things, try to create weak "gotcha" moments to each other (what Scrafty did to weemad, what Launch did to roy yesterday), yet not really scum-hunt much at all. So many blender players right now out, and I'm bothered that I can't really grasp anything solid from this game yet, even though it's day 2.

I do re-iterate that I feel that nin is town right now. I mean, his posts aren't exactly encouraging, but I feel he is playing sincerely right now. What did bother me was that he said "I think Burb is PR". Look man, even if you'd think I was town PR, you wouldn't discuss those things out loud. That kind of discussion only helps scum, and not town.

Still, I feel more wary of the people going for nin, than nin himself. Xam especially. He seems so... eager and posts piles and piles of posts, yet most of them don't feel to actually say much value at all, and are there more like as a filler, to make him seem active when he actually is not. Yeah, there are some valid points in there, but it's clogged behind an endless stream of... posts.

nin1000

Banned
It feels like people post things, try to create weak "gotcha" moments to each other (what Scrafty did to weemad, what Launch did to roy yesterday), yet not really scum-hunt much at all. So many blender players right now out, and I'm bothered that I can't really grasp anything solid from this game yet, even though it's day 2.

I do re-iterate that I feel that nin is town right now. I mean, his posts aren't exactly encouraging, but I feel he is playing sincerely right now. What did bother me was that he said "I think Burb is PR". Look man, even if you'd think I was town PR, you wouldn't discuss those things out loud. That kind of discussion only helps scum, and not town.

Still, I feel more wary of the people going for nin, than nin himself. Xam especially. He seems so... eager and posts piles and piles of posts, yet most of them don't feel to actually say much value at all, and are there more like as a filler, to make him seem active when he actually is not. Yeah, there are some valid points in there, but it's clogged behind an endless stream of... posts.

Thanks

UNVOTE

Burbeting

Banned
Welcome back Timeaisis.

Vote: Burbeting

We have not really talked much did we Burb. Other than being a tiny bit scribe at the start of the day you did not really say much. Would love to heard from you aswell :)

Hi nin, I'm here now :).

Burb feels off to me. He has some useful posts, definitely more then the average player in this game, but from the games i played with him where he always was town, I expected more. There he always had a lot of suspects, had lists of like 4 or 5 people he thought were scum. And often many of those people on those lists were actually scum! Here he seems a lot more reserved. Which is how I expect a scum burb to play. Still pretending be useful, but at the same time having it toned down a bit. I am keeping my eye on him.

Heh, the reason there isn't any deep analysis posts from me yet is what I mentioned just in my above posts: Somehow it feels like there is not much to go for, which is puzzling since we are at page 21 already. It might be partly since so many pages consist of few people arguing back and forth, while others just look from the sidelines.

Burbeting

Banned
The statement that I wouldn't mind lynching Blender still stands today. I strongly believe that most (but not all!) of the scum are standing in the background. When Town is not moving anywhere, they don't need to contribute themselves either.

The statement that I wouldn't mind lynching Blender still stands today. I strongly believe that most (but not all!) of the scum are standing in the background. When Town is not moving anywhere, they don't need to contribute themselves either.
What did Fireblender ever do to you

Burbeting

Banned
In relation to my post above, I raise this:

I am here but somehow I don't feel like posting.

Who else is on the same boat? Who else is constantly lurking but not posting? I honestly feel like the day is full of fluff and I need to actually sit down and read through the fluff to get an idea of who it is, yet again I feel its meaningless, so I feel like I should just go to my gut and just vote for who I feel could be scum.

This is something Scum would do in a game like this. Just stand in the sidelines, read the game and not actually post. Salva even says loudly aloud that he is doing this on purpouse, not wanting to contribute on the game, that is. This bothers me.

VOTE: SalvaPot

Drag yourself here and give us what you think.

Burbeting

Banned
My list of blendy blenders straight from the blenderland:

01. AbsolutBro [m]
02. Bronx-man [m]
03. BananaSpacePrincess [f]
07. Fireblend [m]
08. Kalor [m]
12. RobotNinjaHornets [m]
14. Salvapot [m]
15. ScraftyDevil [f]
17. Timeaisis [m]

As you can see, it's almost 50% of the all players in this game currently. This is not a good outlook.

Burbeting

Banned
So, since I think nin is being sincere, let's look at the three votes cast on him so far.

I will say, I'm hearing some really strange things coming from Nin, including which table I switched early on in the day and some weird confusion over something that should be obvious.

VOTE: nin1000

"Flustered" doesn't quite begin to cover it.

I think this vote is fair enough, but the reasoning is a little on the shaky ground. I do think Launch is town.

For now I'm going to vote for nin just based on his posts recently and I'd like to have a vote down on someone. His mistakes when figuring out what happened last night feel genuine but I could swing both ways on if a town or scum made them.

Vote: nin1000

This is... interesting vote from Kalor, to say the least. The reasoning seems incredibly weak and forced somehow. "I think his mistakes are genuine, but it's not indicative of alignment. vote." That's about as good as me saying now "Kalor's vote was genuine, but not indicative of alighnment. Vote: Kalor". Has nin done anything to make you think you want to keep your vote on him?

And then there is Xam, who has jumped to the nin train since the start, and stayed there very neatly. I already voiced my concerns of Xam earlier.

SalvaPot

In relation to my post above, I raise this:

This is something Scum would do in a game like this. Just stand in the sidelines, read the game and not actually post. Salva even says loudly aloud that he is doing this on purpouse, not wanting to contribute on the game, that is. This bothers me.

VOTE: SalvaPot

Drag yourself here and give us what you think.

But I don't feel like it =<.

Fireblend

Banned
Hey guys, I just spent several hours without any connection. I'm here, but I have so one meetings I have to attend and won't have time until like 5 hours from now to catch up or post anything meaningful.

For now I will echo the suspicions on Xam. He's acting very different from how he did in Batman, and he's tunneling very oddly here. I won't push a lynch on him now because of his activity, but he might be worth looking at tomorrow, or maybe even later today if his odd behavior continues. Still, Scrafty seems to me like the more suitable lynch target.

I'm also having a very gut-based scum feeling for Tim, but it's something I want to look at when I have more time.

So, since I think nin is being sincere, let's look at the three votes cast on him so far.

I think this vote is fair enough, but the reasoning is a little on the shaky ground. I do think Launch is town.

This is... interesting vote from Kalor, to say the least. The reasoning seems incredibly weak and forced somehow. "I think his mistakes are genuine, but it's not indicative of alignment. vote." That's about as good as me saying now "Kalor's vote was genuine, but not indicative of alighnment. Vote: Kalor". Has nin done anything to make you think you want to keep your vote on him?

And then there is Xam, who has jumped to the nin train since the start, and stayed there very neatly. I already voiced my concerns of Xam earlier.
I thought I said this earlier, but oh well
The biggest reason behind a nin lynch for me is the change of behavior between day 1 and day 2, in my eyes
I don't get why nin would make these mistakes and just generally transform into someone entirely different from Day 1 nin

Ty4on

I thought I said this earlier, but oh well
The biggest reason behind a nin lynch for me is the change of behavior between day 1 and day 2, in my eyes
I don't get why nin would make these mistakes and just generally transform into someone entirely different from Day 1 nin
Could you summarize your thoughts on Nin with examples? I haven't read him in detail and don't know for sure what you scum read on him apart from misunderstanding the map mechanic while being active in discussing it.

Could you summarize your thoughts on Nin with examples? I haven't read him in detail and don't know for sure what you scum read on him apart from misunderstanding the map mechanic while being active in discussing it.
D1 nin to me felt confident, and explicitly said he was only guessing about what the map could mean (i.e. he was confident but also eise)
D2 nin started rolling down a hill of madness from his first post, starting with assuming Launch used his power on one table over another without stating at the time of the list posting that he didn't know his theories to be true, unlike on D1

Ourobolus

Banned
All right, mostly done with work for the day so I can dedicate a bit more time here.

Today, I think I am perfectly happy with lynching either Scrafty or Salva. Scrafty has been pretty much a non-entity this game, and while she's doing her persona (which doesn't bother me - I'm used to it at this point), she hasn't done anything productive. She had some weird interaction with Weemad earlier, but nothing came out of it other than her voting for Weemad on some really shoddy (IMO) reasoning.
Anyway, she being so little of a factor this game is odd to me, as she's usually more vocal and tends to bring a lot of insight to the table (except for GAFia 1, where I tore that shit apart <3).

Salva is...in the game. That's about it. Like Terra and AB, he's pretty much admitted to just lurking without engaging in the discussion (though AB and Terra have stepped up a bit). He just seems to be watching everyone else argue for him, only chiming in here and there with comments that are non-committal.

Actually, while we're at it, Kalor is exceptionally quiet. In most games I've seen him in he tends to post on the low side of things which is fine - he usually has some decent input. This time, not so much.

Other thoughts:

- Weemad is creeping up my scum list. I'm getting a try-hard feeling from them.
- Nin is...shit, I don't even know anymore. If he's town, he's really making my head hurt. If he's scum he's flailing so hard I'm afraid his arms are gonna fall off.
- Fireblend has been really quiet today, though he just mentioned something about connection issues, so I guess I can let that slide for the moment. He's still just kinda there, like Burb mentioned.
- Xam is still going nuts. If he is indeed poisoned, I guess we'll just have to see what happens, but I'm not feeling like he's a lynch candidate for now due to that.
- I swear to god if there is both a poisoner and an arsonist, I'm gonna have some words with Retrialmer.

Bronx-Man

Banned
At this point, I'm fine to lynch Xam or Nin considering both are acting batshit crazy. Can't decide which one though since Xam made 200 goddamn posts trying to prod Nin, and Nin is just all over the place but he gives me a vibe of nervousness. Like he knows he's been caught.

Burbeting

Banned
These two have some interactions we can analyze. What do you think about AB's recent interactions and Fire's push of gryvan yesterday?

For AB, I appreciate that he has been at least trying to contribute to the game more, but most of his posts so far have been him reacting to other people's posts (aka. responding to quotes). I'd want more original thought, disconnected from others, I guess.

Fire's push for gryvan... I don't really know. I mean, it does look a little odd, but lot of other people were pushing for Gryvan too, like Launch who I read as town at the moment. But scum could also easily jump for the Gryvan train as well.

Burbeting

Banned
At this point, I'm fine to lynch Xam or Nin considering both are acting batshit crazy. Can't decide which one though since Xam made 200 goddamn posts trying to prod Nin, and Nin is just all over the place but he gives me a vibe of nervousness. Like he knows he's been caught.

What are your thoughts outside Nin and Xam, Bronx? Going through your posts, only stuff you have said during game-today have been 1-2 sentences long non-entity posts.

I do want to revisit something I meant to ask earlier:

Nin, what the hell are you talking about? Either they are town, neutral, or scum. There's no 4th option.

please for the love of god tell me there is no 4th option

The 4th option is
they were never really in the game o_O

Bronx-Man

Banned
What are your thoughts outside Nin and Xam, Bronx? Going through your posts, only stuff you have said during game-today have been 1-2 sentences long non-entity posts.
I'm still catching up on yesterday and I'm busy posting on my phone right now. Those two are the only ones that explicitly strike me as scummy right now. Salva and Scrafty are doing their gimmicks as usual. Though that kinda surprises me since they did the same in WWE Mafia, and that caused them to get lynched only to turn out that they were both town. Maybe that's just the only way they know how to play this. Terra's iffy as well, but he just might be town that's scared as hell at the thought of getting mis-lynched.

Despite the scummy vibes from Xam and Nin, I can't really commit to any lynching. I wanna be precise on this shit after Gryvan turned out to be town. We keep going on gut feelings when it comes to lynches, and that bites us in the ass every time. I can't even keep track on how many games Town has lost because so many people mislynched due to "This guy is posting weird, this girl is seemingly nervous, etc".

nin1000

Banned
We keep going on gut feelings when it comes to lynches, and that bites us in the ass every time. I can't even keep track on how many games Town has lost because so many people mislynched due to "This guy is posting weird, this girl is seemingly nervous, etc".

I could not agree more and i am happy to see such a post coming from your end

Nin, can you please elaborate on whatever the fuck kind of PR burb is?

Sorry, you what now? Are you confusing players or just randomly bringing up Burbeting for no reason? And what's with the role baiting?

I defended you just now, but my reads are always mobile. You are just getting scummier by the minute.

Ourobolus

Banned
Sorry, you what now? Are you confusing players or just randomly bringing up Burbeting for no reason? And what's with the role baiting?

I defended you just now, but my reads are always mobile. You are just getting scummier by the minute.

He's referring to nin saying that he thinks Burb is a PR, just not a Town, Neutral, or Scum PR (see my last post).

I don't understand either.

Ty4on

[...]
Despite the scummy vibes from Xam and Nin, I can't really commit to any lynching. I wanna be precise on this shit after Gryvan turned out to be town. We keep going on gut feelings when it comes to lynches, and that bites us in the ass every time. I can't even keep track on how many games Town has lost because so many people mislynched due to "This guy is posting weird, this girl is seemingly nervous, etc".

Which is it?

Top Bottom