• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

roytheone

Despite the scummy vibes from Xam and Nin, I can't really commit to any lynching. I wanna be precise on this shit after Gryvan turned out to be town. We keep going on gut feelings when it comes to lynches, and that bites us in the ass every time. I can't even keep track on how many games Town has lost because so many people mislynched due to "This guy is posting weird, this girl is seemingly nervous, etc".

I don't disagree, but we don't really have much other stuff to go on yet. I would love to be more precise and use more facts in our lynch decisions, but at this point we simply don't have those. Even things like "pr can only target at the same table" is just speculation at this point.

nin1000

Banned
I do want to revisit something I meant to ask earlier:

Nin, what the hell are you talking about? Either they are town, neutral, or scum. There's no 4th option.

please for the love of god tell me there is no 4th option

Since xam said then
why didn't you say scum/neutral PR

I responded with burb maybe being another kind of pr (meaning town).

nin1000

Banned
Well time to sleep now but if at the end of the day it comes down either for me/salva/scrafty/xam I think I will have to post a lot better coming forward. Have a good discussion.

Ty4on

I'm not certain of whether it should be Xam or Nin that gets lynched, so I'm gonna refrain until I can be certain on one of them.

So...
Strong position that either is ok to lynch.
Strong position saying we shouldn't use gut feelings because gryvan D1.
Middle position that you were just unsure of which of the two to lynch.

VOTE: Bronx-Man

I'd like more from you when you have the chance.

----------------------------------------
This is pre-Trigger claiming Batman, when I was somewhat focused on the idea you were both scum

That rings a couple of bells. Not sure if it was because I was caught up in the Kark/gryvan lynch.

If you have the chance I wouldn't mind waking up to a more detailed read of Nin.

Bronx-Man

Banned
So...
Strong position that either is ok to lynch.
Strong position saying we shouldn't use gut feelings because gryvan D1.
Middle position that you were just unsure of which of the two to lynch.

VOTE: Bronx-Man

I'd like more from you when you have the chance.
I've given you my scum reads and opinions on lynching. Not sure what more you want from me.

nin1000

Banned
Then what the fuck did this mean

What the fucking hell, Nin

I meant what it meant! If someone claims to be a PR that doesn't make him town! I just wanted to make it clear that you should keep the options open that you could be fooled. I mean was that so hard to understand :3

Gnight now.

Timeaisis

It feels like people post things, try to create weak "gotcha" moments to each other (what Scrafty did to weemad, what Launch did to roy yesterday), yet not really scum-hunt much at all. So many blender players right now out, and I'm bothered that I can't really grasp anything solid from this game yet, even though it's day 2.

I do re-iterate that I feel that nin is town right now. I mean, his posts aren't exactly encouraging, but I feel he is playing sincerely right now. What did bother me was that he said "I think Burb is PR". Look man, even if you'd think I was town PR, you wouldn't discuss those things out loud. That kind of discussion only helps scum, and not town.

Still, I feel more wary of the people going for nin, than nin himself. Xam especially. He seems so... eager and posts piles and piles of posts, yet most of them don't feel to actually say much value at all, and are there more like as a filler, to make him seem active when he actually is not. Yeah, there are some valid points in there, but it's clogged behind an endless stream of... posts.

Welcome back, Burb. And yeah I feel you with the gotcha shit. It seems like lots of people are doing that instead of hunting, which is why people that are doing that are kind of towards the top of my list.

Sorry I've been a tad blendy, I post when I have a chance, at typically have a couple hours, but it just seems like no conversation happens during the time I keep checking the thread heh.

As for reads and stuff, I'm still on Scrafy and Xam, in that order. But as I said before, I think it would help us to keep Xam alive tonight, so we can see if he gets any more notifications from his drinky thing...or if he dies overnight. That, too. I think we need to understand what this drinking thing is moving forward, at least to the best of our knowledge. With that in mind, my vote remains on Scrafty for now.

Who's your prime suspect, Burb?

Ty4on

Fire's push for gryvan... I don't really know. I mean, it does look a little odd, but lot of other people were pushing for Gryvan too, like Launch who I read as town at the moment. But scum could also easily jump for the Gryvan train as well.

I had a bit of a town read on Fire last night. For the most part he felt quite genuine while pushing gryvan and I sympathized with being more aggressive after Batman.
I wanted to hear more from him though so I hope he chimes in before dusk.

Ty4on

I didn't follow Batman that much so what happened there?

Karu
Coppanuva
Pop-O-Matic
Sorian

Were scum. Karu was and Pop were inactives and Pop was replaced. Coppa was also much more inactive than normal due to real life. Sorian was still Sorian.

roytheone

we don't lynch inactives though

I see no problem with lynching in actives if I think they are scummy, but lynching people purely because they are inactive is not a good idea. We have a lot of in actives in this game, so that would just be a lottery at that point,and a lottery where scum can very easily hide behind.

I see no problem with lynching in actives if I think they are scummy, but lynching people purely because they are inactive is not a good idea. We have a lot of in actives in this game, so that would just be a lottery at that point,and a lottery where scum can very easily hide behind.
yeah
I know

Top Bottom