• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Ty4on

Maybe it really is a fruit juice vendor. No seriously, it could be just a neutral role to create confusion. Sell your drink X times and win or something.

I was thinking something close to the Cowlick in NX, myself.

Hmm. This does sound like a neutral role though and begs the question, is the arsonist also neutral?

...or maybe I should hinge an assumption on another assumption.

Are you the arso, Xam?
JOKE INCOMING
Yes, I am Johnnyslowknives, the Undead Arsonist.
Once per night I can set someone on fire with the power of memes
If everyone else dies I become MechaCrab and set OG on fire in order to pave the way for the true rule of Discord above all else
END OF JOKE
No, I'm not the arsonist. I'd rather not claim, but if I gotta, I gotta.
Not sure if this has been cleared, but to me the scum role PM about the hidden uninvited mentions:

You seems to obviously be plural and the kill seems to emphasize that they cannot be recruited and you have to figure them out so you don't accidentally kill them. I don't think it confirms Launch's role in any way and certainly doesn't seem to hint at the hidden uninvited having a killing ability.
I fucked up reading fam
Rip my reading comphrension

Burbeting

Banned
A bit more through analysis of the end:

Ourobolus posts a votecount at 4.53PM London Time, here.

We see that weemadarthur has 4 votes (Scrafty, CzarTim, Burbeting, nin1000)
SalvaPot has 5 votes (terrabyte, Ourobolus, fireblend, Launchpad, xamtheking)

We don't know what Salva's role is. This could possibly be scum vs scum situation for all we know. What we know is that weemad was Godfather, role that scum would want to protect, especially since Scrafty the cop was suspicious of weemad.

Kalor posts 4.56PM that he "would vote weemad but don't want to tie boohoo", yet disappears once this problem no longer exists.

Terrabyte votes Weemad at 4.57PM. Now weemad has 5 votes, while Salva has 4.
Absolutbro votes for Weemad at 4.58PM. Now weemad has 6 votes, while Salva has 4.

At this point the vote leader changes dramatically. Salva would now need three votes (or 1-2 votes from weemad voters) to become vote leader again. Kalor and Scrafty are no longer in the run for the lynch. The scum who are online could think "shit, we lost this case". At this point.

Weemad votes for Salva at 4.58PM. Weemad 6, Salva 5.
And finally, Xam votes for Weemad at 4.59PM. Weemad 7, Salva 4.

Is it possible that Xam started to type his vote after he saw AbsolutBro's vote, but before seeing Weemad's?
The vote came after Weemad's
It was indeed 6-5 by that point, but Batman and the shenanigans that happened within made me go like "let's just make absolutely fucking sure we don't have a tie"

SalvaPot

You jerks tried to lynch me again while I was away.

But I'll forgive you since you got scum instead, nice job town!

Anyway, I think the drink guy is actually a neutral and might be inoffensive, similar to the cow lick. This is going to sound silly but I think it might be a role like cabot and his objective is to get everyone in the party to drink a nice glass of refreshing alcohol and get drunk with him, and he wins when he gets a certain number of players to drink.

As for the arsonist, sounds like our neutral killer to me, I wonder what flavor of arsonist is and if he can douse/ignite an unlimited number of times, or if he only has one chance to ignite everyone else.

As for those who voted for me, yes I think there is obviously a few scum players there for sure and I think Xam's switch at the end is the most suspicious of them all, since he had already had his vote on me and by that moment it was mostly symbolic, of course he could also might wanted to avoid a tie.,,

Also, apology accepted Terra.

nin1000

Banned
A bit more through analysis of the end:

Ourobolus posts a votecount at 4.53PM London Time, here.

We see that weemadarthur has 4 votes (Scrafty, CzarTim, Burbeting, nin1000)
SalvaPot has 5 votes (terrabyte, Ourobolus, fireblend, Launchpad, xamtheking)

We don't know what Salva's role is. This could possibly be scum vs scum situation for all we know. What we know is that weemad was Godfather, role that scum would want to protect, especially since Scrafty the cop was suspicious of weemad.

Kalor posts 4.56PM that he "would vote weemad but don't want to tie boohoo", yet disappears once this problem no longer exists.

Terrabyte votes Weemad at 4.57PM. Now weemad has 5 votes, while Salva has 4.
Absolutbro votes for Weemad at 4.58PM. Now weemad has 6 votes, while Salva has 4.

At this point the vote leader changes dramatically. Salva would now need three votes (or 1-2 votes from weemad voters) to become vote leader again. Kalor and Scrafty are no longer in the run for the lynch. The scum who are online could think "shit, we lost this case". At this point.

Weemad votes for Salva at 4.58PM. Weemad 6, Salva 5.
And finally, Xam votes for Weemad at 4.59PM. Weemad 7, Salva 4.

You forgot me crying our that Salva is town and therefore saving the day but other than that it's very accurate thanks bear :).

nin1000

Banned
You jerks tried to lynch me again while I was away.

But I'll forgive you since you got scum instead, nice job town!

Anyway, I think the drink guy is actually a neutral and might be inoffensive, similar to the cow lick. This is going to sound silly but I think it might be a role like cabot and his objective is to get everyone in the party to drink a nice glass of refreshing alcohol and get drunk with him, and he wins when he gets a certain number of players to drink.

As for the arsonist, sounds like our neutral killer to me, I wonder what flavor of arsonist is and if he can douse/ignite an unlimited number of times, or if he only has one chance to ignite everyone else.

As for those who voted for me, yes I think there is obviously a few scum players there for sure and I think Xam's switch at the end is the most suspicious of them all, since he had already had his vote on me and by that moment it was mostly symbolic, of course he could also might wanted to avoid a tie.,,

Also, apology accepted Terra.

I always got your back mate. We hermanos

Burbeting

Banned
I didn't consider that part necessary in thinking alignments. You already look much more town to me after voting Weemad at a point where they looked much less sure vote winner.

Burbeting

Banned
I think Ty4on's reaction of "Wtf why weed?" to be genuine. I think Scum would at that moment STFU, knowing that they had fucked up big time.

Something interesting to note: After votecount was posted, where weemad was tied in votes with Kalor and SalvaPot, these posts happened.

"Uh yeah... I need to find out some way to make sure our GF is not killed..."

"Fuck, need to bump someone else to vote leader, need to ask someone to vote with me."

"Fuck, that's what I was saying"

yeah, no. You're not pinning some half-assed flip-a-coin decision I made in the last few hours on me being scum.

Burbeting

Banned
Also Launch, I think it's fair to assume that Scum would try to push for someone else other than weemad at that point. Your vote could very well be just flip-of-a-coin decision, but it was posted at a very unfortunate time.

Also Launch, I think it's fair to assume that Scum would try to push for someone else other than weemad at that point. Your vote could very well be just flip-of-a-coin decision, but it was posted at a very unfortunate time.

I'm also pretty sure I put Salva somewhere near my top scum in a previous post. I at least mentioned him.

nin1000

Banned

I made it pretty easy to go after me tbh. I was the easiest target tbh. Well,you have to live on the edge!

nin1000

Banned
Vote: Absolutbro

You sure went out of your way to say xam was lying yesterday.

What? Well I for one thought he was a lying idiot asawell. I did not go that far to cast a vote for him but for me that's not a real reason to go after someone.
On the other hand, this is Gafia we can do whatever we want.

Proceed.

SalvaPot

I always got your back mate. We hermanos

9kxElda.gif

I have been doubting launch's role to be town aligned since the very start, but I don't know, his wtf reaction seems very genuine in the context when he posted, so I am not sure he did it to protect the town leader.

Burbeting

Banned
I don't really have anything to add other than I don't want to get too sidetracked by neutrals.

This is what I was going to say too. It's interesting that Ouro seems to be trying to ignore scum hunting aspect in favor of disussing the neutral instead.

Hey there. Whoohoo to the Wee lynch. and meh to Scrafty :/ I'm glad she cleared Bronx before she died.

This also seems like a well aimed scum target. I guess that rules out another unexpected table switch at the beginning of the night?!?

Sorry I wasn't there at the day end.

I just flew over the day start actions... have to go back and read it more carefully!

Burbeting

Banned
To stop shitposting ouro for a moment, we can move in with the Arsonist discussion only if we are sure that Arso can only target people in the same table. This would limit the possible arsonist to four people, but if targeting is universal, everyone is suspect again.

In the past arsonists have needed three targets to win, so we can't really wait for the third target to happen, because at that point said arsonist would win. But if we are wrong about only single-table targeting, we could end up in a wild goose chase in favor of lynching potential scum.

nin1000

Banned
To stop shitposting ouro for a moment, we can move in with the Arsonist discussion only if we are sure that Arso can only target people in the same table. This would limit the possible arsonist to four people, but if targeting is universal, everyone is suspect again.

In the past arsonists have needed three targets to win, so we can't really wait for the third target to happen, because at that point said arsonist would win. But if we are wrong about only single-table targeting, we could end up in a wild goose chase in favor of lynching potential scum.

This is crucial

Burbeting

Banned
I would feel better about chasing arsonist, if more of the suspects would be suspicious in scum hunt as well. But right out of the four candidates three seem towny to me (AB and Czar voted for weemad yesterday, Launch has the roleclaim). Only Xam fits both profiles, and I wouldn't mind lynching him today.

I would feel better about chasing arsonist, if more of the suspects would be suspicious in scum hunt as well. But right out of the four candidates three seem towny to me (AB and Czar voted for weemad yesterday, Launch has the roleclaim). Only Xam fits both profiles, and I wouldn't mind lynching him today.
Just because AB and Czar voted early for Weemad yesterday isn't a guaranteed town measure; could be a scum tactic to help in this kind of situation

SalvaPot

If they need 3 targets to win then the safest course of action would be to lynch one of the doused players, since that would make the arsonist need to douse one more player.

Burbeting

Banned
And Tim would have had pleanty of excuses to change his vote to SalvaPot at any moment, he wasn't playing exactly towny yesterday.

Top Bottom