• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

SalvaPot

Keep in mind that one road to victory for the Lost Scum is having all the other mafia die (at least if I read weemadarthur's role PM correctly). Also that the Lost Scum knows who the other scum are. So voting for weemadarthur, early or late, really doesn't clear anyone in any way.

This is true, but it does put said voters in a more positive light.

When the surge of votes happened, it was a tie between you, weemadarthur and Kalor. Kalor had just claimed.

And everyone questioned said claim and Kalor was clearly confronting weemad. Scrafty also claimed and it had 2 votes on her. Voting me was the most optimal choice for scum team (Since I am town and I had made a few enemies by this point), but if I was scum they (we, in this theory) could have get another bandwagon going in a inactive player or even Kalor, who is suspicious enough to still today town is willing to vote him out.

Ourobolus

Banned
Question for those three people:

Ouro, what do you think of Xam and Kalor?
Xam, what do you think of Ouro and Kalor?
Kalor, öwhat do you think of Ouro and Xam?

(I know Kalor has already commented and voted on xam, but I wouldn't mind more thoughts).

Xam - He's made some really weird decisions over the past two day phases. Honestly I'm inclined to believe he is the arsonist. He's jittery, which, while I can't say he really wasn't in the other games he has played, I don't know - something seems off. His response to weemad abou the arsonist quote (YES XAM I KNOW WE HAVE COVERED THIS) seems really off to me. If I had to guess the Arsonist at this point, I'd say it is most likely Xam. AbsolutBro is a distant second because while I know he had IRL reasons for missing out on the day, it has no bearing on him submitting night actions, and he's been pretty ineffectual so far.

Kalor - He is always a low poster, that doesn't bother me. I am slightly concerned that he didn't place an end-day vote though. Kalor usually has pretty good insight despite his low post count, but I'm just not getting that here. If I had to go with a gut read, I would say he is town, but he's on my "possible scum if I am wrong" list

Camjo-Z

I want to hear from Camjo. He insisted yesterday that Scrafty was lying.

Camjo is on my radar aswell for several reason. Cone being that he is strange.

scum pls go

But seriously, my reasons for doubting Scrafty were exactly what I said yesterday. It was a pretty safe scum claim since it's a somewhat unlikely non-standard cop, and the idea that she would slowly check one confirmed vs. one unconfirmed seemed like it was intended as a timewaster. The Salva lynch seemed forced and I don't even know how the weemad lynch got started, so I kept my vote where it was. I probably would have trusted her today after seeing weemad was a godfather.

Currently I'm looking at tables and certain actions that happened. I'll post some thoughts when I figure things out, because I'm pretty sure I'm onto something.

I'll say, the guy who's playing the doctor really screwed the pooch on not saving Scrafty. Shameful.

Anywho, I'm not really sure what to pursue now. I still think nin is mad suspicious, even more so than I thought weemad was at the time.

roytheone

Alright, back from work. I am tired and in mobile so no in depth analysis from me. I did quickly skim the thread and two things I wanted to say :

-ourob being doused ;__; Well, at least when I transform in a crispy owl snack I will be in good company :) I think the arsonist is actively trying to hit town. Which would make sense, scum will be fine with an arsonist as long as none of them are doused. When the arso hits scum, scum will start hunting for them, which is not something a neutral wants. I am pretty sure the arsonist is trying to ally with scum.

- I think 1 scum is in the weemad vote, trying to hide behind the town points that will give him/her. That scum will not be the lost partner. The lost partner needs to try and signal scum that they know who they are, without us noticing it. Helping a scum get lynched is too dangerous for the lost partner, avoiding that vote could help with signaling scum.

Camjo-Z

OK, so: the drinks and arsonist. If we assume their actions are limited to the table they're at, the list is thinned pretty quickly. Removing Launch (a provable claim) and dead people, those who were at Table 2 both days are:

AbsolutBro
roytheone (doused n1)
Ourobolus (doused n2)
Xam (drink n1)
CzarTim (drink n2)

Also assuming neither drink/arsonist can use their power on themselves, we're down to three potential suspects for each, with AbsolutBro pulling double duty. As far as I'm concerned, there's basically a 2/5 chance of getting rid of something bad if we pick from this group.

roytheone

OK, so: the drinks and arsonist. If we assume their actions are limited to the table they're at, the list is thinned pretty quickly. Removing Launch (a provable claim) and dead people, those who were at Table 2 both days are:

AbsolutBro
roytheone (doused n1)
Ourobolus (doused n2)
Xam (drink n1)
CzarTim (drink n2)

Also assuming neither drink/arsonist can use their power on themselves, we're down to three potential suspects for each, with AbsolutBro pulling double duty. As far as I'm concerned, there's basically a 2/5 chance of getting rid of something bad if we pick from this group.

How do we know the drink person is bad? I think hunting for them before we see some negative effect from the drinks is a waste of time and keeps us from hunting scum and the arsonist.

Camjo-Z

How do we know the drink person is bad? I think hunting for them before we see some negative effect from the drinks is a waste of time and keeps us from hunting scum and the arsonist.

It's all fun and games until somebody busts out the "HOWSABOUT A TOAST FELLAS!" command and suddenly it's like Jonestown up in here.

(I know Kalor has already commented and voted on xam, but I wouldn't mind more thoughts).
Ouro - townish read to me. Has definitely been active in many conversations throughout the game so far
Kalor - scumissh read to me. He hasn't really been a strong presence, as well as I don't believe his claim.
Smells fake to me.
VOTE: Kalor
Hi Ouro, next post will be big post do not worry

Kalor

I'm quickly typing this up so I'm just going to talk about Ouro.

Ouro: He hasn't done much to make me suspect him but he's slotted into a role where he's generally not brought up as being suspicious with maybe you being the sole example recently from what I can find. The fact that he wanted to discuss the neutral over the scum could be seen as intentionally trying to put off looking for scum but right now the neutral or neutrals could do more short term damage.

Alright
Putting on some hip tunes to jam out to
Hey Ouro
Let's have a chat
If I was the Arsonist, why would I go after Roy so vehemently? Even though I did lessen my stance partway throughout the day, I think my accusations were somewhat loaded.
Why would I even take THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE of potentially exposing myself in any way, shape, or form?
I'm actually not that dumb (I think).
Additionally, why would I open myself up about a potential poison? If I was the Arso, I wouldn't give a shit, because it's not like anything I could do from that point could help town other than igniting the next night.

Kalor

Ouro - townish read to me. Has definitely been active in many conversations throughout the game so far
Kalor - scumissh read to me. He hasn't really been a strong presence, as well as I don't believe his claim.
Smells fake to me.
VOTE: Kalor
Hi Ouro, next post will be big post do not worry

You thought I was telling the truth yesterday. What changed?

Lost scum wins with mafia so they would want Wee staying alive. They also want scum to notice them so they aren't night killed so if Salva is town I don't think it would be stupid for a lost scum to attempt to save Wee.

They're less valuable than scum without the chat and have to make sure they know who they are.
Given Scrafty had outted herself as a cop, there was basically 0 risk for the Lost Scum when voting for Weemad. Scum would be crazy not to take out the cop. I suspect we will lose Bronx tonight for much the same reason: he is confirmed town.

It also would not be the first time someone turned against their team to win solo. See: Makai getting town to lynch KK in DR so that Makai could become a neutral serial killer and win on his own. It pretty much depends on how ballsy the Lost Scum is feeling.

AbsolutBro
roytheone (doused n1)
Ourobolus (doused n2)
Xam (drink n1)
CzarTim (drink n2)

How is Launch's claim provable? His supposedly one-shot power is invisible to everyone. And claiming one-shot is a decent way to get scum not to kill you; generally someone is no longer a danger to scum after their one-shot power has gone off.

Also, apparently I keep some really, really bad company.

Anyway, my full thoughts on the arsonist, as promised in my other post.

We can safely say that arsonist is not a town role, since obviously mass killing a bunch of town isn't really a good thing. So that leaves us three options here:

1. The arsonist is Scum. I see this as the least likely, since it would be crazy powerful for a scum arsonist to not only be killing people at night, but dousing up townies for a bonefire. It effectively gives them two kills a night, with one delayed until boom-time.

2. The arsonist is the Lost Scum. I see this as the second least likely. On the one hand, it would make sense that the Lost Scum Arsonist knows who their scum partners are, so they don't douse them. OTOH, it would give a vindictive scum player a chance to douse all their allies and win on their own. It would be an offset to the "two kills per night" thing above. Also, that the normal scum don't know who the Lost Scum Arsonist is means that there is always the chance that Scum kill the Arsonist before they can strike the match, as it were.

3. The arsonist is Neutral. I'm inclined to believe this option is the case, only because options #1 and #2 basically form a Prisoner's Dilemma with gasoline. In this case, I would hazard the guess that the arsonist has to take X players with them, possibly in some combination of Scum and Town a la the Serial Killer from Night Vale who had to get either 3 Town or 2 Scum. If the Arsonist has an X person quota, I suspect we will find out on Day X+1 that this is the case.

I am not entirely ready to rule out our second dousee (Ouro) as the Arsonist, however. It is entirely possible that the Arsonist has to douse themselves. IF this is the case, I find it unlikely that Roytheone would announce being doused on D2. After all, the extra night of anonymity keeps Scum from worrying about the Arsonist. All that said, I admit I am only really putting this out there as a technical possibility. I don't really think Ouro is the Arsonist.

As to the Poisoner (I realize we don't know that it is poisoner, but "Drink-Giver" sounds stupid) , as I know I am neither the Arsonist or the Poisoner, I can safely find it hilarious that we have a crossover between the two: either the Arsonist doused the Poisoner, or the Poisoner gave the Arsonist a tainted drink. Possibly both.

going to eat dinner, back later

Ty4on

It also would not be the first time someone turned against their team to win solo. See: Makai getting town to lynch KK in DR so that Makai could become a neutral serial killer and win on his own. It pretty much depends on how ballsy the Lost Scum is feeling.

Makai was a townie who turned neutral if his partner died, the lone scum is still a scum and aligned with scum. I don't see why the lone scum would ever turn against their team unless they're bussing to look townie.
There is another Uninvited whose identity is unknown to you. Your identities are known to that player. This player cannot be recruited, and can be killed by you. They will gain the night kill if all of the other Uninvited are killed, and they will attain victory if and when you do.
That last bit spells it out. "...they will attain victory if and when you do."
The goal of the lone scum is to win and they do that by making sure scum wins. They don't gain anything by winning solo apart from making it much harder.

Ty4on

Given Scrafty had outted herself as a cop, there was basically 0 risk for the Lost Scum when voting for Weemad. Scum would be crazy not to take out the cop. I suspect we will lose Bronx tonight for much the same reason: he is confirmed town.

I don't understand this bit. What risk is there to begin with?

The assumption is also not perfect. While Scrafty was an obvious target, one thing I didn't immediately think of is that she's also an obvious target for the doctor. If mafia has a strongman whom they used against Scrafty it's possible the lone scum didn't know about the mafia roles (I don't think the recruitable in Night Vale knew more than the names).

Camjo-Z

How is Launch's claim provable? His supposedly one-shot power is invisible to everyone. And claiming one-shot is a decent way to get scum not to kill you; generally someone is no longer a danger to scum after their one-shot power has gone off.

Launch's power isn't invisible to everyone. As long as somebody at Table 2 had a power that didn't go off as planned, they know he's telling the truth. Obviously no one's going to out and say "UH DOC HERE AND I WASN'T REROUTED" but any town powers that got messed with would at least start looking for ways to nail him on something else.

Camjo-Z

That last bit spells it out. "...they will attain victory if and when you do."
The goal of the lone scum is to win and they do that by making sure scum wins. They don't gain anything by winning solo apart from making it much harder.

Also, I just realized I was reading this wrong. I thought it meant they attain victory when the other mafia are dead. So while I still don't think the unknown maf would also be the arsonist, Xam's theory that they're the same isn't impossible.

Ty4on

Okay, time for me to lay it all out on the table.

I am Burbeting, the Bear of Love. I'm an invited guest, which makes me town. My passive ability is that whoever is on the right and left of me at whatever table I'm one is automatically entered into a gossip chat. The gossip chat resets every new day or whenever someone next to me at my table is moved for any reason.
Only a day chat? Nothing at night?

SalvaPot

Vote: AbsolutBro

Xam, if you are the Arsonist, kudos. I will hate you forever and ever, but still, kudos.

Well if the objective of scum was to divert conversation from possible scum players and instead focus on the arsonist, it was certainly somewhat successful.

Burbeting

Banned
IMO only person Ouro should have voted for is Xam (both potential scum and potential arsonist).

Yet he votes for AB. Why is that?

Burbeting

Banned
Scum would love to spend the whole day discussing the arsonist and drink giver, it's all discussion away from the scum hunt. Especially after disastrous D2 for Scum, they would love for the topic of conversation to be something else.

Scum would love to spend the whole day discussing the arsonist and drink giver, it's all discussion away from the scum hunt. Especially after disastrous D2 for Scum, they would love for the topic of conversation to be something else.
So you're saying we haven't looked at the votes today?
What?

Timeaisis

Lots of chat about who is the arsonistt, but honestly, who we should go for today is super clear for me.

Xam is high on my suspect for arsonist and scum, so he's the clear choice for a lynch. I'll put my money where my mouth is. He was, after all, my 2nd suspect yesterday.

VOTE: Xamtheking

I also want to be clear that I don't think taking the entire day to hunt the arsonist is our best call. If we figure out who it is, great, but scum hunting should be our first priority.

Burbeting

Banned
So you're saying we haven't looked at the votes today?
What?

We have discussed to votes. But not enough at all, those votes will lead us to scum. Chasing arsonist will more likely lead to wild goose chase and town lynch.

Ouro hitself said that you are most likely arsonist, and AB is distant second. So why didn't he vote you?

We have discussed to votes. But not enough at all, those votes will lead us to scum. Chasing arsonist will more likely lead to wild goose chase and town lynch.

Ouro hitself said that you are most likely arsonist, and AB is distant second. So why didn't he vote you?
Because I said why I wasn't and he re-evaluated?
But you know what
I think it's time to throw a wrench in the gears
Vote: Xamtheking

Burbeting

Banned
Scum wants to move the discussion to the arsonist. Ouro keeps shifting the discussion back to the arsonist, in comparison to Roy in D1 who didn't make such an enormous noise about it.

Top Bottom