• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Yay @ no night kill. Here's hoping we have an ace blocker/protector.

For now my scum list consists on Launch and BSP, who I hope shows up at some point today.

Vote: BananaSpacePrincess

Yesterday I didn't vote because I didn't want to hammer, so I'll correct my mistake this time around and vote early.
Okay, yeah no, I'm not going let you walk away with that. Tell me WHY you're voting for BSP.

I find it really funny how your top scum just happen to line up with the people who have votes on them already.

Ourobolus

Banned
All right, back to scum hunting.

Since Camjo actually was the arsonist, I'll move AB and Tim off of my list for now. Sorry for the attacks the other day(s).

Launch, BSP, and Nin are my top scum right now though. Nin I had read as town up until yesterday, but holy shit the arsonist agreement was just blowing my mind. As a townie I can't understand why that would even be on the table, and the only reason I could see any sort of agreement happening with a claimed arsonist was if scum knew that so far they hadn't been doused, and thus the only dead bodies thus far would be non-scum.

Launch, you're just acting weird. The nin tunneling isn't helping (well, for both of you - I'm getting flashbacks of Nin/TheWorthyEdge here), but the late drink claim was out of left field as well. I know you said you realized it could be suspicious that you waited so long to claim you received it, but, well, you're right. To be fair though, there's really no way to take it back, though if you're telling the truth, why didn't you claim it on D3 or D4 once you realized that 1) I claimed, and 2) both Ty and Salva received drinks N3?

As for BSP, yeah. Nothing has changed there, she just still exists and that's about it.

Fireblend

Banned
Okay, yeah no, I'm not going let you walk away with that. Tell me WHY you're voting for BSP.

I find it really funny how your top scum just happen to line up with the people who have votes on them already.

Mostly the inactivity. BSP could easily be flying under the radar as scum; correct me if I'm wrong, but she hasn't been next to a claimed motion detector all game, and has barely said anything. She's a complete mystery and at best dead weight.

Burbeting

Banned
I hate that I can begrudgingly agree with that sentiment.

Nin is usually not very rational in his actions, no matter the game. So I could see him agree with the arsonist without really thinking about the stuff connected to it thoroughly. So I wouldn't really scum read him over it.

Ourobolus

Banned
Nin is usually not very rational in his actions, no matter the game. So I could see him agree with the arsonist without really thinking about the stuff connected to it thoroughly. So I wouldn't really scum read him over it.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm still gonna keep that scenario open, but I'm aware that it's nin we're talking about here.

What a beautiful little day start

So I will stick to the things I said last day phase. I think scum will use me a shield to prevent them from getting lynched. My list from yesterday was:

Burb, CzarTim, Fireblend, Xam

I am almost positive that at least one of those is Scum! If you believe me, we work down that list together today. If you don't believe me you lynch me today and work down that list tmr. This might even give you more information because more people will jump on the boat but please keep those first voters in mind anyway.
Unfortunately I am sleeping during the night which means I can't contribute a lot to nightly actions.

Another thing: Seeing Camjos win condition, being the sole winner and all... is it really safe to let Ouro live?

CzarTim

Also ok with lynching Launch. I do not believe he actually got a drink n1.

BSP would be a policy lynch for me, but I think we can afford waiting a day or two there.

So I will stick to the things I said last day phase. I think scum will use me a shield to prevent them from getting lynched. My list from yesterday was:

I am almost positive that at least one of those is Scum! If you believe me, we work down that list together today. If you don't believe me you lynch me today and work down that list tmr. This might even give you more information because more people will jump on the boat but please keep those first voters in mind anyway.
Unfortunately I am sleeping during the night which means I can't contribute a lot to nightly actions.

Another thing: Seeing Camjos win condition, being the sole winner and all... is it really safe to let Ouro live?
Ouro is not a threat to us in any way, shape or form, if we've been believing him.
I believe we would have won with Camjo alive if Camjo was out of ignites.

Ourobolus

Banned

Uh, night lasts several IRL days...

In theory he and I could have both won. He just ends up being the last man standing, as I had already met my win condition earlier.

SalvaPot

This are the people I am still looking at closely.

17. Ty4on [m]
09. LaunchpadMcQ [m]
03. BananaSpacePrincess [f]
07. Fireblend [m]
11. Ourobolus [m]
12. RobotNinjaHornets [m]
13. Roytheone [m]
16. Timeaisis [m]

I think I'll leave Ouro alone for now. Launchpad does seem particularly scummy to me, but I feel that no matter how much we pile on him he is not going to change his stance.

BSP seems to me like is doing her best to get under the radar, so she would get my vote as of right now.

Burbeting

Banned
Oh right, I actually had a thought during the night phase:

Camjo was evil neutral power, who in flavor was called to the wedding to do something else than to be an invited guest (Caterer).

Launch is ???, who in flavor was apparently called to the wedding to do something else than to be an invited guest (Wedding planner).

Is there a connection?

CzarTim

There are 15 players left and likely four scum, you'd have the same odds picking any four players and saying one is scum. Who is most likely to be scum of those four and why.

Burbeting

Banned
This are the people I am still looking at closely.

17. Ty4on [m]
09. LaunchpadMcQ [m]
03. BananaSpacePrincess [f]
07. Fireblend [m]
11. Ourobolus [m]
12. RobotNinjaHornets [m]
13. Roytheone [m]
16. Timeaisis [m]

I think I'll leave Ouro alone for now. Launchpad does seem particularly scummy to me, but I feel that no matter how much we pile on him he is not going to change his stance.

BSP seems to me like is doing her best to get under the radar, so she would get my vote as of right now.

Salva, I have a question for you.

Do you think that Kalor got to know what PR roles the other scum had? If you think he did, why?

CzarTim

Oh right, I actually had a thought during the night phase:

Camjo was evil neutral power, who in flavor was called to the wedding to do something else than to be an invited guest (Caterer).

Launch is ???, who in flavor was apparently called to the wedding to do something else than to be an invited guest (Wedding planner).

Is there a connection?

flavor arguments are lame

Burbeting

Banned
Also, BSP posted, and she now has a three votes already, so I'll unvote her for the time being.

Unvote.

I am concerned though that she put the list of her "top scum" as the almost exactly same people who were most scum reading her yesterday. It feels little OMGUS.

SalvaPot

Salva, I have a question for you.

Do you think that Kalor got to know what PR roles the other scum had? If you think he did, why?

Why would he know that? How would he know that? If its not on the pm, then I heavily doubt he knew.

Also you are still trying to "get" me with this constant questioning about Kalor, and I'll still tell you I don't have any extra information, your guess is as good as mine. Unless you do know something more about Kalor that I don't.

Burbeting

Banned
Why would he know that? How would he know that? If its not on the pm, then I heavily doubt he knew.

Also you are still trying to "get" me with this constant questioning about Kalor, and I'll still tell you I don't have any extra information, your guess is as good as mine. Unless you do know something more about Kalor that I don't.

I don't know anything extra.

The question is tied to the End of D2. I asked why Kalor didn't vote for you to save weemad at the end of D2. I argued that if you are scum as well, and Kalor didn't know what scum PR roles there are, he wouldn't know who to save, you or weemad. Also voting either of you two would have made him look bad to other scum, possibly make them try to kill him (since he had claimed commuter and all).

However, if he had known scum PR, my theory wouldn't make sense. He would have saved the GF by voting you, because protecting the GF is most likely the scum priority at that time. And if you were town, Kalor would have definitely voted for you to save weemad.

But he didn't... he didn't vote you.

SalvaPot

The question is tied to the End of D2. I asked why Kalor didn't vote for you to save weemad at the end of D2. I argued that if you are scum as well, and Kalor didn't know what scum PR roles there are, he wouldn't know who to save, you or weemad. Also voting either of you two would have made him look bad to other scum, possibly make them try to kill him (since he had claimed commuter and all).

However, if he had known scum PR, my theory wouldn't make sense. He would have saved the GF by voting you, because protecting the GF is most likely the scum priority at that time. And if you were town, Kalor would have definitely voted for you to save weemad.

Well, he could also decide to not vote me because he knew weemad was scum and I was not, so in case weemad was lynched (Like he did) and it would flip scum he wouldn't be targeted as a suspect, as everyone who voted for me will look like.

Burbeting

Banned
Well, he could also decide to not vote me because he knew weemad was scum and I was not, so in case weemad was lynched (Like he did) and it would flip scum he wouldn't be targeted as a suspect, as everyone who voted for me will look like.

It's possible...

But why didn't weemad vote for you until the last second? They kept their vote on Kalor even when it became apparent that Kalor wouldn't be lynched.

Hmm I retract my earlier statement.

VOTE: BananaSpacePrincess

The weemad shift happened so fast, even if you saw it happening, would have tainted anyone who dived onto Salva at the last second to save him/her.

SalvaPot

It's possible...

But why didn't weemad vote for you until the last second? They kept their vote on Kalor even when it became apparent that Kalor wouldn't be lynched.

Well if the scum plan was to keep their vote on Kalor or dispersed arount and let town lynch me, then why would they need to dirty their hands? Remember than on D2 I made a lot of enemies with my "don't care" attitude or because I voted for them, there is also the fact that I was sleeping during the whole process. If nin hadn't come swinging to save me, I'll be 100% I would have been lynched. Up to that point scum really didn't have to lift a finger to do me in, it was the sudden switch of terra's vote and town following that did weemad in and it was until then that he decided to vote for me, so up to that point scum didn't actually need to vote me out, since town seemed to be doing it by themselves.

If the choice was between two scum players, as in your theory, don't you think scum would feel far more comfortable voting me out at the last moment? I heavily doubt there is a scum role more powerful than godfather, and lynching a scum SalvaPot would have given town points to pretty much the rest of the team, so why didn't this happen?

I think that between the players who either decided to not vote or that were not present is where we should be looking at for our scum suspects, and that is exactly the list I made above.

nin1000

Banned
Yeah, I'm on board.

And I've shared the same feelings on nin as Burb has - up until yesterday. I was more concerned with getting rid of Camjo at the time so I didn't really bring it up, but...

WHAT THE HELL NIN
SERIOUSLY? ARSONIST-CEASE-FIRE-AGREEMENT?

and to a lesser extent, Xam, although I still kinda read Xam as town for now.

well, yeah i considered it. But what the hell in the end i hammered him because he was not straight forward with me.

Ourobolus

Banned
well, yeah i considered it. But what the hell in the end i hammered him because he was not straight forward with me.

"oh shit my plan isn't working, better just get rid of the arso"

Not that I'm saying that is what happened, but c'mon man. That plan was ridiculous.

Burbeting

Banned
If the choice was between two scum players, as in your theory, don't you think scum would feel far more comfortable voting me out at the last moment? I heavily doubt there is a scum role more powerful than godfather, and lynching a scum SalvaPot would have given town points to pretty much the rest of the team, so why didn't this happen?

Because in my theory, rest of the scum were sleeping the situation out, they were most likely AFK during the end.

Thanks for the responses. You're not my main scum candidate at the moment, but I do think that the voting of weemad and Kalor don't exactly make you look towny, you know.

But at the moment, I'm more concerned about the players who are coasting and avoiding being on the spotlight as much as possible. Lot of them overlap with the group of "people who were afk in the end of D2".

I do think that flipping Salva would give us some idea of what happened at the end of D2 completely.

SalvaPot

Because in my theory, rest of the scum were sleeping the situation out, they were most likely AFK during the end.

Thanks for the responses. You're not my main scum candidate at the moment, but I do think that the voting of weemad and Kalor don't exactly make you look towny, you know.

But at the moment, I'm more concerned about the players who are coasting and avoiding being on the spotlight as much as possible. Lot of them overlap with the group of "people who were afk in the end of D2".

I do think that flipping Salva would give us some idea of what happened at the end of D2 completely.

Just for the record, it would be a waste of time voting me out. I am still surprised you'll rather look at me than the people who voted or avoided voting for me.

Burbeting

Banned
Just for the record, it would be a waste of time voting me out. I am still surprised you'll rather look at me than the people who voted or avoided voting for me.

Your flip would give us lot of information about what the possibile motivations behind some of the votes were.

--

But I am more interested in people who avoided voting you or who did. Right now my short-list of people is:

Fireblend
Timeaisis
BSP
Seath

I town read Roy and Ty4on for now (although that goodwill is starting to get off me), so these four are the people who most concern me. There is also Launch, but he is suspicious for other reasons as well as the voting/coasting/blending issues these four definitely have.

What's your opinion on Fireblend, Salva?

nin1000

Banned
"oh shit my plan isn't working, better just get rid of the arso"

Not that I'm saying that is what happened, but c'mon man. That plan was ridiculous.

yeah, it was... thats why i wanted it to happen. But come on. in the end i backed off and voted for him. I am dumb but not retarded mate.

We better get back to the real targets now.

Burbeting

Banned
Or do you want me to role claim? I could do that. I feed on attention.

What are you doing Salva. Even if you did role claim at the spot, we both know that scum most likely have PR roles.

Salva could have had a better ability than a Godfather, especially with the cop out in the open by N2 (if my memory of events is correct.)

I mean it's possible but Scrafty was definitely going to check weemad on n2 if they hadn't been lynched. Scum had basically a free shot of making weemad a confirmed town. What PR could possibly be more valuable?

Your flip would give us lot of information about what the possibile motivations behind some of the votes were.

--

But I am more interested in people who avoided voting you or who did. Right now my short-list of people is:

Fireblend
Timeaisis
BSP
Seath

I town read Roy and Ty4on for now (although that goodwill is starting to get off me), so these four are the people who most concern me. There is also Launch, but he is suspicious for other reasons as well as the voting/coasting/blending issues these four definitely have.

Careful with that list, boss. There's something else in there...

Ty4on

Call it a gut feeling
Hi
It's possible...

Maybe there was scum on Salva and they were scared of dog piling?

Say we have 4 scum remaining, how many would you estimate were AFK during the Wee lynch?
Why Roy?

SalvaPot

--

Fireblend
Timeaisis
BSP
Seath

Honestly Fireblend has not been on my mind, to me he just hasn't been standing out as much as time and BSP did. Seath replaced RNH, who was kind of cleaned by nin's motion tracking. I'll admit I have to read back on fire to form a real opinion.

I have a question for you, what would it tell you if I flipped town?

Ty4on

Honestly Fireblend has not been on my mind, to me he just hasn't been standing out as much as time and BSP did. Seath replaced RNH, who was kind of cleaned by nin's motion tracking. I'll admit I have to read back on fire to form a real opinion.

What about D1? Fire was quite active there.

Burbeting

Banned

I have a question for you, what would it tell you if I flipped town?

It would tell me that the scum would most likely want to save weemad by voting you in the final stretch. It would make Fireblend and Launch bit more suspicious, because both of the two voted for you just as there was a votecount posted where you were tying the vote with weemad and Kalor, who had claimed commuter at that time. So for the scum it would be most logical move to vote you, right?

However, I can't really completely believe in that narrative as long as the possibility remains that you are scum instead.

Burbeting

Banned
Salva is scum, what changes? Do you think they 'all' stayed at Kalor or were AFK?

Well, the people voting on Kalor were you and Roy and Weemad. I town-read both of you two, but I would maybe need re-consider that stance.

As for AFK people, they would fit both Salva-scum and Salva-town, since in both cases they would have been afk.

SalvaPot

It would tell me that the scum would most likely want to save weemad by voting you in the final stretch. It would make Fireblend and Launch bit more suspicious, because both of the two voted for you just as there was a votecount posted where you were tying the vote with weemad and Kalor, who had claimed commuter at that time. So for the scum it would be most logical move to vote you, right?

However, I can't really completely believe in that narrative as long as the possibility remains that you are scum instead.

Well, if that will help you in getting scum 100% for sure, then why wait? Vote me out, I honestly don't mind. You are the one who keeps on diverting town's attention, and I feel you are town and your reads are going to be useful, even if you are wrong about me. So if it helps you and everyone else get scum and ultimately win the game I am all for it.

Vote: SalvaPot

Burbeting

Banned
Well, if that will help you in getting scum 100% for sure, then why wait? Vote me out, I honestly don't mind. You are the one who keeps on diverting town's attention, and I feel you are town and your reads are going to be useful, even if you are wrong about me. So if it helps you and everyone else get scum and ultimately win the game I am all for it.

I want to lynch scum, not town. I'm unsure which one you are, but I don't want to waste a day on lynching accidentally town. Right now my biggest scum read is BSP, because I think scum would want to try to stay in the background. It's the same reason why Timeaisis and Fireblend rub me the wrong way.

SalvaPot

Also, I'm most likely going to die next night at any case.

I don't think scum targeted last night, I think their target was protected.

This reminds me, so launch got a ping last night again, right? What kind of role would target him? It seems useless for scum to try to incriminate him since his role is already used, but I also don't think a doctor would bother protecting him.

Timeaisis

Salva, you should know voting yourself never looks good. If you want to move on, stop it. As far as I ca tell, you are not a top candidate for anyone.

Regarding Fireblend, his vote for BSP seems like a canned activity post. BSP shortlist of scum seems varied enough to not necessarily be just a copy/paste of other's suspicions, so at least there's that.

I know some of you want to go after inactives today (which inlcludes me) which makes sense, but I really have the most negative read on Launch right now. He's been going back and forth on being suspicious for many people the entire game. And the last day especially has been really odd.

That being said. Launch, who's your #1 right now?

SalvaPot

Salva, you should know voting yourself never looks good. If you want to move on, stop it. As far as I ca tell, you are not a top candidate for anyone.

Regarding Fireblend, his vote for BSP seems like a canned activity post. BSP shortlist of scum seems varied enough to not necessarily be just a copy/paste of other's suspicions, so at least there's that.

I know some of you want to go after inactives today (which inlcludes me) which makes sense, but I really have the most negative read on Launch right now. He's been going back and forth on being suspicious for many people the entire game. And the last day especially has been really odd.

That being said. Launch, who's your #1 right now?

I do know it looks bad, that is why I do it.

Top Bottom