• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

Did someone claim day 1? Lies! Lies and Pies!

While I do still like the Hobohodo vote what does everyone think of Ri'Orius? All see when I see his name is the "oh Really" owl with a cthulu mouth saying "Oh R'lyeh".

cIDG5hd.jpg

That means nothing really, just want to see what others think. I mean that was another time and another place, with books and other big things that went bump in the night.

But now that I've got your attention, Hobohodo! He is scum, no question, no personal defense, just a bunch of people discounting the votes and trying to throw shade. A vote for hobo is a vote for town!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Vote: Haly

Could do worse than vanilla town on D1. This claim is probably the least beneficial thing to the town that's happened so far. Not really crazy about Camjo thinking it's cool to open the thread with an impersonation either, but that's more annoying than actively harmful.
More damaging than suggestion no lynch? I find that hard to believe. If I'm scum/neutral, you get an instant D1 lynch. If I'm vanilla town, then a safe kill and you get a voting trail. If I'm PR town, well, I'm not that stupid to poke my head out.

I crave the old blood

Vote:Camjo-Z
No editing please. Don't be afraid to double post.

RetroMG

Here are the current results of the Hunt:

haly (3)
weemadarthur 114
squidyj 215
flatearthpandas 234

ri'orius (2)
seath 120
freakinchair 205

kristoffer (2)
ezekelrage 127
zippedpinhead 144 (153)
haly 229

hobohodo (2)
zippedpinhead 153
kristoffer 155

seath (1)
never forever 176

ii-vanguard-ii (1)
ri'orius 128

no lynch (1)
camjo-z 129

roytheone (1)
palmer_v1 98

camjo-z (1)
squidyj 99 (215)
haly 132 (229)
mickd 231

nudull (1)
hobohodo 232

johnnyquicknives (1)
kalor 244

rynam (1)
magnumboy20xx 250

mickd (0)
camjo-z 96 (129)

freakinchair (0)
haly 104 (132)
kristoffer 125 (155)

never forever (0)
magnumboy20xx 198 (250)

These players do not have an active vote on a player:

II-Vanguard-II
johnnyquicknives
Mazre
Nudull
roytheone
Rynam
Verelios

I don't like how hard people are thinking about this. All this analyzing of camjo is meaningless. The votes on Haly are well founded but probably a dead end. On day one, you've gotta go with your gut.

And my gut says Hobohodo is pure evil.

So I don't risk sounding like an anti-intellectual, I just want to add that I have good vibes about squidyj and roytheone. Their posting style is analytical and helpful.

Rynam

OK, that makes sense. Day one is when we probably need conversations to be started the most.

I think I'll switch my vote to someone else to get him talking.

vote: Rynam

You made one post to let us know that you were in the game, but haven't said anything else after that. What do you think about some of the current developments, and who is catching your suspicions?

I'm not a really talkative Person, especially if it's not my mother tongue, so i won't say very much.
About the current development, hmm, I don't like the discussion about wether we Lynch or No Lynch someone on Day 1. It should be obvious that a Lynch is better imo, yes theres the chance to hit a townie but the voting gives some infos about people.
Noone in particular is really catching my suspiction yet other than camjo-z becaus his No Lynch vote. But that's not enough for me to vote form him.

Haly

Roy's going around putting out fires but not actually lighting any themselves.

I appreciate the defense, roy, but this is suspect. Both scum and town want a lynch. Scum wants a quick careless one while town wants to force reactions. But only scum wants to lay groundwork for alliances and trust and this is done by defending people.

More damaging than suggestion no lynch? I find that hard to believe. If I'm scum/neutral, you get an instant D1 lynch. If I'm vanilla town, then a safe kill and you get a voting trail. If I'm PR town, well, I'm not that stupid to poke my head out.
Well, yeah. Don't mistake that as me being at all impressed by camjo's charade of faux activity talking about d1 nl. That's completely useless and reflects poorly on him since we're definitely going to lynch and there's really no point in taking about not lynching, but it doesn't detriment us really. If you're telling the truth, you've removed yourself from the pool of potential pr's for scum, making it a little easier for them to hit an actual pr. Which is actually detrimental to us.

Actually, I would say that about Hobohodo: putting out his own fire while not accusing anyone of anything, really. A little too friendly, especially to someone like me who is (seemingly) irrationally fixated on him. Putting your vote on one of the not-suspects after just saying that it's too early to draw conclusions from quiescence...

Scum tell.

Haly

I swear you two, Zip and Kris, are Lynchers and hobohodo is your Lynchee.

Camjo-Z

Well, yeah. Don't mistake that as me being at all impressed by camjo's charade of faux activity talking about d1 nl. That's completely useless and reflects poorly on him since we're definitely going to lynch and there's really no point in taking about not lynching.

Remember folks, don't go against the grain because it will reflect poorly on you. Be a good little sheep, stay under the radar, and follow the status quo!

Also, I love how I'm supposedly contributing "faux activity" and yet people can't stop talking about me. Meanwhile, those who have done literally nothing so far aren't under nearly as much scrutiny. It's almost like *gasp* Day 1 votes are based more on whether someone immediately rubs you the wrong way rather than any critical thinking!

I swear you two, Zip and Kris, are Lynchers and hobohodo is your Lynchee.

I'm starting to think this is the case as well. They're pushing way too hard for a lynch on hobo, so much that it's almost comical. Definitely something weird going on.

I really don't like the Zippedpinhead - Kristoffer - Hobohodo relationship

there are plenty of options and it's all a bit too WIFOM right now, but I really feel like something smells in there

I would think that any combination involving more than one scum would be daft to create such strong links between themselves so early, because as soon as one flips the other two get more scrutiny, and it's entirely possible that it's just two misguided Town going after another townie because D1 somebody did something mildly off and now we're going to tunnel them until they die, but I don't like the attitudes.

I don't really see what makes Hobohodo the apple of their eye right now to such an extent, they're really selling it as opposed to saying 'oh yeah just a hunch', but I am a bit rusty, so idk, I'll do some more reading later tonight when it's no longer nice and sunnyyyyy. Maybe I'll end up agreeing with them, you never know.

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

Camjo-Z

Speaking of Kristoffer, his post about whether beasts are a threat or not reeks of a neutral trying to get a sense of whether a beast claim would be well-recieved by town. Of course, it could also just be a genuine misunderstanding of the reason the term "threats" was used. Either way, I'm not inclined to go after him at the moment.

Kalor

If they were lynchers I don't know why they would be so obvious about it, especially this early on. No-one is going to vote D1 just because someone says they have a gut feeling. You should have at least some kind of excuse first before going after someone.

Verelios

When talking about day 1, all I can think of is going with gut feelings and speculation. Since that's the case I'll vote

VOTE:Haly

It's suspicious how he claimed scum so quickly, and in such a large number. I can't help but think that was a deflection to make the concept of looking for scum seem ridiculous day 1. Sure, it could have been to get participation going where it was a slow but that seemed more like bad bait than a prod. Maybe I'll change my vote later, but as of now, suspicious.

This is a very weak accusation by the way and I'm not impressed in the slightest.

weemad is grasping onto straws and his reasons for voting me aren't nearly as good as squidy's.

You're not the first person to say this about the arguments I use. But you certainly are bothered by me keeping a vote on you. Surely, if my arguments are so poor, my statements will not get traction among the other players? Or perhaps my reads are not so poor as you believe.

Haly

It's suspicious how he claimed scum so quickly, and in such a large number. I can't help but think that was a deflection to make the concept of looking for scum seem ridiculous day 1. Sure, it could have been to get participation going where it was a slow but that seemed more like bad bait than a prod. Maybe I'll change my vote later, but as of now, suspicious.
I just want to clarify here. You're saying I'm suspicious for laying a lot of accusations, right? Because I claimed powerless town.

Remember folks, don't go against the grain because it will reflect poorly on you. Be a good little sheep, stay under the radar, and follow the status quo!

Also, I love how I'm supposedly contributing "faux activity" and yet people can't stop talking about me. Meanwhile, those who have done literally nothing so far aren't under nearly as much scrutiny. It's almost like *gasp* Day 1 votes are based more on whether someone immediately rubs you the wrong way rather than any critical thinking!

Never change, camjo. I love watching you take on the world.

Hey, are you scum?

Thanks for correcting my mistake, won't happen again.

Will you share your Mafia experience level with us? Unless of course, you have reason not to.

I myself joined the group a couple of months ago, have played 3 games, and have never played anywhere else.

My play style is...inconsistent. Except that I tend to talk a lot. I've relaxed a great deal since my first game, where I was very nervous.

Cold got you down? Flu gumming up your works?
Luckily, there's a place for you.
Embark on a journey to the picturesque Central Yharnam!
Relive the history of this beloved town while curing what ails ye with our world-famous blood ministration.
If you're in the mood for sightseeing, why not pay a visit to some lf Yharnam's rustic housing installments?
Craving some delicious brew that tastes as good going down as it does coming back up? Our cocktails are just the thing you need.

But wait, there's more!
Even when you think you've run out of things to do in Central Yharnam, there's still the piece de resistance.
At the end of the day, be sure to stop by the historic Great Bridge that once led to the Cathedral Ward.
Sunsets just won't be the same once you've seen one from atop the Great Bridge, and the view will have you screaming in delight.
That's all for this segment of Yharnam Tourist Hotspots. Til next time, Good Hunters!

Nudull

Banned
Will you share your Mafia experience level with us? Unless of course, you have reason not to.

I myself joined the group a couple of months ago, have played 3 games, and have never played anywhere else.

My play style is...inconsistent. Except that I tend to talk a lot. I've relaxed a great deal since my first game, where I was very nervous.

I will admit, GAF being GAF, I got pretty nervous about joining here as well. lol

Haly

What a beautiful Yharnam
*chew*
There must be no other place as pretty town
This feels like a picnic

MickD

I have no clue what I'm doing, just here to have fun.

I've played werewolf in a group of around 30 people and Resistance at parties. I have always wanted to play in bigger games and love the idea of my favorite place on the internet hosting a game. The themes are fantastic! This is my first game online, but looking forward to future lynchings.

Haly

That's right. Are the two mutual?

No, it's just a matter of terminology. "Claim", in the context of Mafia, specifically GAF Mafia, means "revealing information from the role PM, whether town or scum or neutral, vanilla or some power". It's the name of an action/technique specific to the game, as opposed to the generic definition of "claim".

To say I "claimed scum" is to imply that I'm saying "I'm scum". But I had guessed that's not what you meant and I wanted to make sure.

Verelios

No, it's just a matter of terminology. "Claim", in the context of Mafia, specifically GAF Mafia, means "revealing information from the role PM, whether town or scum or neutral, vanilla or some power". It's the name of an action/technique specific to the game, as opposed to the generic definition of "claim".

To say I "claimed scum" is to imply that I'm saying "I'm scum". But I had guessed that's not what you meant and I wanted to make sure.
Oh, yeah, that's not what I meant. I guess a better term would be label.

squidyj

Relive the history of this beloved town while curing what ails ye with our world-famous blood ministration.
If you're in the mood for sightseeing, why not pay a visit to some lf Yharnam's rustic housing installments?
Craving some delicious brew that tastes as good going down as it does coming back up? Our cocktails are just the thing you need.

But wait, there's more!
Even when you think you've run out of things to do in Central Yharnam, there's still the piece de resistance.
At the end of the day, be sure to stop by the historic Great Bridge that once led to the Cathedral Ward.
Sunsets just won't be the same once you've seen one from atop the Great Bridge, and the view will have you screaming in delight.
That's all for this segment of Yharnam Tourist Hotspots. Til next time, Good Hunters!

Is this just flavor or should we be worried about the Cleric Beast?

roytheone

With the first 24 hours almost over, I feel I have a good enough grasp on enough players to place a vote:

vote: Freakinchair

I think his vote on ri'orius is pretty badly argumented and mostly based on mafia somehow being spooked by seath voting for him, which i seriously doubt is the case. It kinda feels to me he was searching for a reason to place a vote on someone that already had a vote to see if a train could be formed. He hasn't really contributed anything else except agreeing that the zipped/kris/hobo thing is weird.

Did someone claim day 1? Lies! Lies and Pies!

While I do still like the Hobohodo vote what does everyone think of Ri'Orius? All see when I see his name is the "oh Really" owl with a cthulu mouth saying "Oh R'lyeh".

cIDG5hd.jpg

That means nothing really, just want to see what others think. I mean that was another time and another place, with books and other big things that went bump in the night.

But now that I've got your attention, Hobohodo! He is scum, no question, no personal defense, just a bunch of people discounting the votes and trying to throw shade. A vote for hobo is a vote for town!

hey Hey HEY! Owls are my thing! Get your own gimmick :mad:

I'm not a really talkative Person, especially if it's not my mother tongue, so i won't say very much.
About the current development, hmm, I don't like the discussion about wether we Lynch or No Lynch someone on Day 1. It should be obvious that a Lynch is better imo, yes theres the chance to hit a townie but the voting gives some infos about people.
Noone in particular is really catching my suspiction yet other than camjo-z becaus his No Lynch vote. But that's not enough for me to vote form him.

Which discussion? There isn't really a discussion about if we should lynch or no lynch, there is only a discussion about how scummy camjo is for proposing a no lynch :)

I appreciate the defense, roy, but this is suspect. Both scum and town want a lynch. Scum wants a quick careless one while town wants to force reactions. But only scum wants to lay groundwork for alliances and trust and this is done by defending people.

Wait, which defense? Me calling out flatearthpandas vote on you? That was trying to get a better grasp on his reasoning for voting you, not defending you. However, I don't like the train that is currently formed on you with 5 votes. It just seems like too easy a lynch that will end up giving us very little vote information to work with if it keeps this up.

But wait, there's more!

Anyone that played the game knows if this is something we should pay attention to or not?

squidyj

you're completely wrong about everything you believe but you're less likely to be scum than Haly so maybe take your faux offended tone, realize you're not going to convince anyone on the subject of no-lynching, and try to read people, unless yknow you don't think that ever helps.

Camjo - how would you feel about No Lynch if everyone took that approach, we all voted and the day ended with no discussion?
While I don't mind much if the final result involves no-one being lynched (either by vote or tie) I don't like actually arguing for No Lynch because what you are basically saying is "I want everyone else to talk and commit to votes without doing it myself." Same goes for jumping on a quick bandwagon lynch.

Haly - A lot of weirdness in these posts, it seems kind of amateur but he's been around a while. It doesn't outright strike me as scummy, that would be way too risky a strategy to roll with day 1.

Zipped/Hobo/Kris love triangle looks too obvious for it to actually be people colluding.
Day 1 is always full of people fishing for reactions and it just seems like Zipped and Kris have their own ways of going about that. This doesn't mean I don't think they're scum, I think that kind of play can easily come from both sides (particularly Zipped's hardline commitment, Kris's scattershot approach seems quite a bit more risky), at this point I just don't think they're working together.

Palmer stands out to me. He's been posting a lot, being helpful and answering questions but it's basically all been about the game rather than playing the game. Cruising through, looking helpful, avoiding suspicion...

And just for Never Forever
1) I am 100% for a lynch today and 100% against trying to turbo any vote through.
2) Work means I can't post as much as I did in the first couple of seasons (and is why I skipped 4&5). I'll try and post bigger things/more often when I have time which is generally around lunch and late evening UK time.

Haly

Oh, I do have a train. I feel so special.

madarthur <-- not sure what this is
squidy <-- I get the reasoning
pandas <-- bandwagon I think
verelios <-- new and going with the flow
kristoffer <-- bandwagon #2, also I'm voting for him so that factors into it

I agree with Johnny about Palmer. Lots of game talk but not as much lynching talk. Taking a wait and see approach? Who knows. He'll probably be around to contribute more later today.

Wait, which defense? Me calling out flatearthpandas vote on you? That was trying to get a better grasp on his reasoning for voting you, not defending you.
I took it as one. I'm sorry if that's not your intent. I'm also not feeling anything from Freakinchair at the moment.

I really don't like the Zippedpinhead - Kristoffer - Hobohodo relationship

there are plenty of options and it's all a bit too WIFOM right now, but I really feel like something smells in there

I would think that any combination involving more than one scum would be daft to create such strong links between themselves so early, because as soon as one flips the other two get more scrutiny, and it's entirely possible that it's just two misguided Town going after another townie because D1 somebody did something mildly off and now we're going to tunnel them until they die, but I don't like the attitudes.

I don't really see what makes Hobohodo the apple of their eye right now to such an extent, they're really selling it as opposed to saying 'oh yeah just a hunch', but I am a bit rusty, so idk, I'll do some more reading later tonight when it's no longer nice and sunnyyyyy. Maybe I'll end up agreeing with them, you never know.

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

Honestly it's the people trying to make the conversation about Hobohodo go away that makes me want to keep my vote on Hobohodo. He hasn't been back, no response no conversation, so I can't get anything from him. HOWEVER, others (like Haly and freakinchair) completely dismiss it out of hand.

I'm starting to think this is the case as well. They're pushing way too hard for a lynch on hobo, so much that it's almost comical. Definitely something weird going on.

This is what I'm talking about, it's a complete dismissal of conversation as opposed to never forever asking why I chose Hobohodo.

Who we lunch day 1 is almost entirely random, the only "info" anyone has is scum team and their goal will be to dismiss without arguing, or throw sacrificial votes but never enough so that person is in strong contention. Townies do the dismissal thing as well, so it isn't a good tool for finding more scum. It is a fairly interesting strategy to determine a person that others don't want lynched...

It doesn't always work, but it does get us conversations and votes for later.

It was a ruse. I just wanted to see what fires this would light.

Unvote: Hobohodo
Vote: Haly

Oh you could have been a contender! I'll stick with Hobohodo though.

Honestly it's the people trying to make the conversation about Hobohodo go away that makes me want to keep my vote on Hobohodo. He hasn't been back, no response no conversation, so I can't get anything from him. HOWEVER, others (like Haly and freakinchair) completely dismiss it out of hand.
Oh, man, you're right. Here I was just talking about how we need to go with out our gut, and now I'm letting people talk me away from it? So I can forget my gut instinct?

We're holding the line, Zipped.

Vote: Hobohodo

No hobos allowed in Yharnam.

Haly

What in god's name is this flip floppery.

Is this founded in something other than your gut?
Yes. The first post he made was a scumtell. Then his second post was a way to deflect cricticism without levying any against me. He's hiding in plain sight and by the way: he still hasn't voted for anyone worth voting for. Just wasted it.

Scum. Scum. Scum.

roytheone

Huh, something I just remembered : the only game I can think of that had random, mid day fluff was night vale, and I think retro specifically mentioned it was only fluff there? So since that wasn't specifically told here, I think the tourist info isn't just fluff.

Hobohodo

With the first 24 hours almost over, I feel I have a good enough grasp on enough players to place a vote:

vote: Freakinchair

I think his vote on ri'orius is pretty badly argumented and mostly based on mafia somehow being spooked by seath voting for him, which i seriously doubt is the case. It kinda feels to me he was searching for a reason to place a vote on someone that already had a vote to see if a train could be formed. He hasn't really contributed anything else except agreeing that the zipped/kris/hobo thing is weird.

In addition this Freakinchair says that there are 'a lot of people' jumping on Seath but all he actually has is one vote on him.

Yes. The first post he made was a scumtell. Then his second post was a way to deflect cricticism without levying any against me. He's hiding in plain sight and by the way: he still hasn't voted for anyone worth voting for. Just wasted it.

Scum. Scum. Scum.

The first post I made, ten minutes into the game, that pointed out something blatantly wrong in a post.
I haven't criticised you as it would be repeating what has already said. You declared me scum from just five words which I typed before I went to bed. But then that's day 1 init? You gotta go with barely any info to make accusations.
Wasted a vote, silly me I forgot we only had a finite amount.

Vote: Freakinchair

I want to see who these 'lots of people' are that jumped on Seath.

Palmer_v1

I agree with Johnny about Palmer. Lots of game talk but not as much lynching talk. Taking a wait and see approach? Who knows. He'll probably be around to contribute more later today.

I have absolutely no intention to do this. I seriously hate D1. If I had an override, it would have been my first post and I would have used it on one of the low posters who tend to act erratically, just because I can never trust them to act rationally and be pro-town, even when they really are town. Alas, I was not gifted with an Override.

Outside of extremely bad play(which you shouldn't need my help dealing with), it's basically RNG today. Best thing we can do is actually have a spread of votes, instead of a clear turbo. That tends to make scum panic if they're anywhere near the chopping block.

So maybe I will contribute by asking people not to fucking bandwagon like a bunch of idiots. The day should end with 5-6 people who each have 2-3 votes on them, instead of 2 people with 8ish, and a few outliers. It's really hard to get much info from the latter situation.

Finally, fuck you Haly and Johnny, but most importantly, fuck you Roy!

You know why.

I'm going to be playing Overwatch and Total Warhammer for the rest of the day.

Just wanted to push you some more. I'd like to start a new bandwagon.

Vote: Freakinchair

Gonna agree with everything that's been said about him.

Zipped, want to join?

Palmer_v1

Oh, I'm absolutely not voting for a newbie today, strictly cause it's kind of a dick move. I'll give them a free pass for 1 day.

Haly

Speaking of, 24 players, 4 are newbies, so that's 1/6th of the playerbase.

With 24 players were looking at... 4? 5 scum?

I think a game like this will have at least one neutral so I'm guessing 6-7 non-town players.

Top Bottom