• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

Camjo-Z

Not switching my vote cuz I still think Mazre is a better choice, but after this sudden push to save Maz a Verelios lynch would be quite interesting to see as well.

The Moon is risen.

latest

Kevyt

Okay, I know the day is over, I missed it, and I'm not supposed to post, but if we could really have vote counts by the mods ever so regularly along with the timer, that would be like super really helpful.

Thank you.

The townspeople, emboldened by the previous night's success, descended upon Mazre in an instant.

The ragged man attempted to chant an incantation but his words were swiftly silenced by the tightening of a makeshift noose.

As the rope squeezed the final drops of life from Mazre's dangling form, the last sound to escape his mouth was not a scream, nor was it a sob, but rather a moan of cacophonous volume.

The man's body began to dissolve into the night, leaving his disembodied voice as the last lingering trace of his existence.

"Now I'm waking up! I'll forget everythiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!"

tumblr_nmx1e0P1TY1t3ongfo1_500.jpg

Mazre, The Host of the Nightmare, has been slaughtered.

Welcome, Mazre. The Blood tells me that you are The Host of the Nightmare. You are aligned with the School of Mensis. (That means you worship the Old Ones.)

The Old Ones wish you to bring more people into the fold, to be the harbingers of their glorious resurrection. You will be their tools in this endeavor.

You are not alone.

You win the game by converting all players to the ways of the Old Ones. Each night, you may PM ScraftyDevil with the command WHISPER: <NAME>, <NAME> to give two players 2 KB points apiece. Once a player has received a total of 5 KB, they will be transformed into Kin of the Cosmos and bring you one step closer to erasing the world’s dreadful ignorance.

You win once every remaining player who is not a member of the School of Mensis has been transformed.

Game Thread is Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229044

School of Mensis Chat is Here:

May the Good Blood guide your way.

Once again, the townspeople crept back into their abodes to await the next Hunt. It is said that ever since that day, the groans of the man once known as Mazre can still be heard reverberating in the darkest corners of Yharnam.

Day 2 has ended.

The Hunt resumes in:

red_1466629200.png

RetroMG

We interrupt your night phase for another announcement.

Good evening, Hunters. It's a quiet night, isn't it? Sharpening your weapons, preparing for a new day. The minions of darkness prowl among you... but when do they not?
While we have a moment of quiet, I want to talk to you about a policy we have here in Gafia. Two policies, in fact.

6. The player list includes the preferred personal pronoun of each player. Please try to use the correct pronoun.
7. Please be nice to your fellow players. Mafia can be a tense experience, and occasionally aggressive play is useful, but remember this is game and that everyone should have fun.

We expect our players to be reasonably civil to one another. After all, just because we're trying to kill each other doesn't mean we can't all be friends. If a player lists a pronoun, we expect you to make a reasonable effort to use the correct pronoun. (We understand that accidents happen.)

Likewise, if a player asks to not be called by a certain name or nickname, particularly one that is gender-specific, (Let's say, calling Weemadarthur, "Arthur" as a totally random example,) then continuing to do so is not appropriate. It goes past the boundary of aggressive play, and is in violation of rules 6 and 7.

I'm making this a great big post in the middle of the night, so everyone sees it, and everyone understands what the expectation is.

I am not going to say that future offenses will result in modkill or replacement, because ultimately this is Scrafty's game. However, this rule is not just a game rule - it's a Gafia rule, and future infractions in this game will incur consequences.

I'm not asking you to join hands and sing campfire songs, Hunters. But please, be respectful of one another. It really isn't that hard.

If you have any further questions about this, please contact me privately.

And so the Hunt begins again.

Three have fallen so far: a man who wished to commune with the cosmos, a man who had already achieved such a communion, and one unfortunate innocent with no remarkable qualities.

Now, a fourth body lays atop the pile, another casualty in the war to determine what's best for the town of Yharnam.

What a ghastly night indeed.

Palmer_v1, an Ordinary Yharnamite, has been slaughtered.

Welcome, Palmer_v1. The Blood tells me that you are an Ordinary Citizen of Yharnam. Obviously, you are aligned with the Town of Yharnam. (That’s the Town.)

Hm. No special blood, no special powers. There’s only one place for you in Yharnam at night - Inside your home, with the doors locked and the windows bolted.

During the day, you may VOTE to lynch your fellow citizens, but I’m afraid that’s the extent of your power.

You win when you have eliminated all threats to the Town of Yharnam.

Please PM ScraftyDevil or RetroMG with any questions.

Game Thread is Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229044

Good luck, Sir or Madam.

Day 3 begins.

The blood still flows within:

01 [m] II-Vanguard-II - New
02 [m] Verelios - New
03 [-] Nudull - New
04 [m] MickD - New
05 [-] Weemadarthur
06 [m] Camjo-Z
07 [m] Kristoffer
08 [m] Freakinchair
09 [m] Ri'Orius
10 [m] Haly
11 [m] MagnumBoy20xx
12 [m] flatearthpandas
13 [m] EzekelRAGE
14 [m] Flame_AC
15 [m] CrimsonFist
16 [m] johnnyquicknives
17 [m] Never Forever
18 [-] Seath
19 [m] Mazre
20 [m] Palmer_v1
21 [m] roytheone
22 [m] squidyj
23 [m] Zippedpinhead
24 [m] Kalor

BE SURE TO USE EVERYONE'S PREFERRED PRONOUNS. FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THIS RULE CAN AND WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENT INCLUDING A MODKILL

The moon rises in:

red_1466974800.png

Freakinchair roleblocked, as predicted. Did anyone watch him last night? I think now is a good time to speak up.

Also, to finish yesterday's task...

Vote: Verelios

One question: why did mafia target Palmer? Because they new chair would be doctor protected?

mazre (7)
squidyj 602 (648)
squidyj 704
flame_ac 790
kristoffer 815 (868)
haly 897
freakinchair 900
kalor 915
roytheone 916
camjo-z 919

kristoffer (3)
haly 612 (749)
verelios 774
mazre 795 (949)
ii-vanguard-ii 802 (905)
camjo-z 837 (857)
flatearthpandas 869
nudull 914

never forever (0)
palmer_v1 613 (879)
haly 832 (897)

kalor (0)
zippedpinhead 619 (718)

squidyj (0)
camjo-z 627 (837)

seath (0)
seath 634 (649)
squidyj 648 (704)

verelios (6)
kristoffer 639 (730)
seath 881
kristoffer 884
johnnyquicknives 898
never forever 930
palmer_v1 931
mazre 949

nudull (1)
seath 649 (753)
freakinchair 697 (900)
kristoffer 868 (884)
never forever 918 (930)
crimsonfist 920

mickd (0)
kalor 679 (915)
camjo-z 837 (837)
palmer_v1 879 (931)

weemadarthur (0)
roytheone 680 (916)

hobohodo (1)
zippedpinhead 718
kristoffer 730 (747)

freakinchair (0)
kristoffer 747 (761)
kristoffer 761 (798)

haly (0)
seath 753 (881)

ii-vanguard-ii (0)
weemadarthur 770 (806)

neverforever (0)
haly 800 (832)

magnumboy20xx (0)
weemadarthur 806 (829)

zippedpinhead (0)
weemadarthur 829 (858)

palmer_v1 (1)
weemadarthur 858

flame_ac (0)
palmer_v1 879 (879)

camjo-z (1)
mickd 904

mazre<br /> (1)
ii-vanguard-ii 905

Verelios

Freakinchair roleblocked, as predicted. Did anyone watch him last night? I think now is a good time to speak up.

One question: why did mafia target Palmer? Because they new chair would be doctor protected?
Wow. Just after you finished up trying to bus me dead to protect Mazre, here we go again.

You and Johnny are my number one suspects this night.

squidyj

why are you making up chair's story for him?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I really want to lynch Freakinchair. 2 nights with 1 kill only and his claimed N1 kill and multiple scum factions = no thanks.

Kalor

Or he lied about being a vigilante.

Crimson is probably right in that Palmer was killed since most people trusted him.

There is the possibility that chair was lying about the death part of his role to bait people last night.

Day 3. 2 scum down. No pr dead. Only one pr claim. Is this the best start for a town in gafia history?

I have to agree no yharmanites dead so we are doIhg pretty well. Not sure what to make of the school of mensis, but the way it's framed is that an alternate nuetral faction or a second scum faction?

Palmer was likely killed because he is a good player. or swapper shenanigans. Personally, probably actually targetted.

Haly

What has the second scum team to do with that? Looking at the role pm, they don't actually have a kill.

I think the game is too complicated for something a straightforward as what Chair claimed. In all likelihood he's probably another neutral/scum faction.

squidyj

Crimson is probably right in that Palmer was killed since most people trusted him.

I certainly didn't trust him after he tried to push us away from lynching a Mensis member.
Speaking of Mensis, the lore is kind of fucked now.

In the game there is someone who goes around turning people into celestial kin. that person is Fauxsefka who is often regarded to be a member of the choir which is part of the healing church. There's no indication that Fauxsefka is involved with Mensis at all in the game.

But. Does anyone believe that Mazre could have won by himself? I don't.
Micolash is the only Mensis character we know about in the game, but Fauxsefka is the only one that turns people into kin in the game. So uhhh keep your eyes out for that.

Kalor

For now, I'll put a vote on Freakin. I can see a scenario of them getting roleblocked last night but the fact that we only had one kill on N1 is odd since we should have had a mafia kill as well. Maybe scum also targeted Ezekel but the likelihood of that on N1 is slim.

Vote: FreakinChair

Verelios

If you're not sure think about what you'll learn from a lynch on the front runners as well. Mazer is kind of a non-entity at this point, it's not ideal for the game but it could lead to a third day with very little to go on.
Both kris and verelios will point towards others.
Uh huh. Non entity that flipped scum, who you also tried extremely hard to deflect votes from. Can you explain this? I didn't see a last minute call to arms to save me either.

I don't get the Mazre vote either. Like Kris said if he was scum wouldn't he be posting more?
Hmmmm, or he'd probably lay low and let his teammates argue for him. Case point.
Not feeling the Mazre lynch, personally. Would feel Verelios before that. Nudull before that.

Hobo hasn't posted in a week now. I get that replacements are short. What is our other option? Modkills?
Yep, reasons?
VOTE: Verelios

learn more from this one
Learned quite a lot, like multiple scum teams existing. Pretty bad thing to learn for them huh.
Holy shit, we have 40 minutes?!

I'm going to make the case for voting Verelios over Mazre. I would much prefer this for a variety of reasons:

- Mazre was inactive on Day 1. Verelios was actively disinterested, despite being present. One is a greater sin than the other.
- Mazre has no known connections, primarily because he doesn't post. Like, shame on him, totally, but we already know that Verelios a) voted consistently against Haly b) is always up my ass and c) seems to have a tenuous connection with nudull. That's a lot of information gleaned if (when) verelios flips scum! It clears my name so you assholes can finally lay off, it indicts nudull, it probably clears haly, and it still lets you guys go after Mazre in the future. Like, wow.
- Verelios is very defensive! He's contributed almost nothing in the way of outing suspicious players and has hyperfocused on slandering me. This proves he has an AGENDA. To make matters stickier, nudull joined the fray. Mazre, on the other hand... Seems to have no agenda at all.
- Mazre is inactive. Do you really think he'd be inactive if he'd been given an exciting scum role?

My fear is that everyone here is chasing inactives instead of going after scummy behavior. Do you really want to squander your lead?
Hooo boy, need I even analyze this? Staunch defender of a no Mazre lynch, goes on to say he wouldn't mind a lynch of either me or Mazre.
If you have a vote on me right now, you need to decide if you'd rather see Mazre or Verelios lynched today. Those are our only options.
Well thank you for setting our choices up and chasing it down with a heaping helping of
Mickd, we're one vote away from tying verelios with Mazre. Please vote.
Yep, nothing suspicious here.

Can't write too much now - on my iPad at work. Was anxiously waiting to see if I was attacked. I wasn't.

A mysterious figure blocked my shot last night so I was clearly role blocked. I expected it to happen and consider it a win for town... Unless it was town who blocked me. It's pretty obvious that scum wanted to stop me from shooting my suspected targets... Either as a diversion or to protect one of their own. I think we need to lynch one of them, either nudull or verelios. I think the verelios lynch had too much traction for him to be mafia so I'm going with my yesterday vote of nudull.

Vote: Nudull

Unfortunately now I suspect Kristoffer to be part of Mensis.

Haly

Plus, we were talking about Healing Church having more than 1 member, or the lost member activating? I was of the opinion that Riorius was alone but people thought otherwise and now I'm inclined to agree. But then where is the other kill? I don't really care to speculate endlessly and I would just rather lynch Freakinchair to see what his PM has to say.

roytheone

I certainly didn't trust him after he tried to push us away from lynching a Mensis member.
Speaking of Mensis, the lore is kind of fucked now.

In the game there is someone who goes around turning people into celestial kin. that person is Fauxsefka who is often regarded to be a member of the choir which is part of the healing church. There's no indication that Fauxsefka is involved with Mensis at all in the game.

Micolash is the only Mensis character we know about in the game, but Fauxsefka is the only one that turns people into kin in the game. So uhhh keep your eyes out for that.

There are clearly more mensis members running around, since I got transformed into kin last night.

squidyj

Why would chair claim to have a kill without actually being able to kill? like if you're claiming to be vigi to mask your factional or Serial Killer kill that's one thing, but to claim it and then there are no kills? what's the purpose of this deception?

So the first thing is if he's not Eileen he felt very confident saying he was this early in the game. We don't know who all is in the game so if He's not Eileen then perhaps the eileen role was provided to him as a fake claim, being given a vigilante fake claim without the kill to back it up is odd.

Chair is a bad lynch honestly, people jumping on it (IE Haly) are kinda sus.

Why would he lie about something so easy to verify? Roleblocking is maybe a little bit more likely, but I'm open to thinking x shot.

I really want to lynch Freakinchair. 2 nights with 1 kill only and his claimed N1 kill and multiple scum factions = no thanks.

In time. I'd rather have a vigilante around for a while until he gets knocked out.

why are you making up chair's story for him?

He's smart enough to make up his own story. Me waiting for him is not going to affect the quality.

Wow. Just after you finished up trying to bus me dead to protect Mazre, here we go again.

You and Johnny are my number one suspects this night.
2885718-8800263791-laugh.gif

Can't write too much now - on my iPad at work. Was anxiously waiting to see if I was attacked. I wasn't.

A mysterious figure blocked my shot last night so I was clearly role blocked. I expected it to happen and consider it a win for town... Unless it was town who blocked me. It's pretty obvious that scum wanted to stop me from shooting my suspected targets... Either as a diversion or to protect one of their own. I think we need to lynch one of them, either nudull or verelios. I think the verelios lynch had too much traction for him to be mafia so I'm going with my yesterday vote of nudull.

Vote: Nudull

You were notified about being role blocked?

Haly

Mazre's PM says 5 points to convert, but he can only give 2 at a time to a single player. So why would 5 be the threshold? I came up with two scenarios for this.

1) There's a lower ranking member who can only add 1KB to their targets. Maybe multiple. This is what's left over from the Mensis faction.

2) There is a Deprogrammer who can subtract an odd number of KB, either 1 or 3.

I think there should be a Watcher or Tracker in this game, because they work well with multi-target roles.

Haly

Has anyone else been transformed to kin? If Roy's the only one then that confirms 2 other Cultists who can assign 1 KB each. He would've gotten 4 on N1 then 5 on N2.

I think the verelios lynch had too much traction for him to be mafia so I'm going with my yesterday vote of nudull.
only 6 votes out of 24 leaves plenty of room for scum to vote for someone else.
This is fair. I was pushing hard for Verelios and objected loudly to Mazre being lynched. All I can say is that I didn't expect an inactive to be anything but a false lynch. Also, I was certainly open to voting for him for much of the day and had a vote on him for a short time.

Plus, we were talking about Healing Church having more than 1 member, or the lost member activating? I was of the opinion that Riorius was alone but people thought otherwise and now I'm inclined to agree. But then where is the other kill? I don't really care to speculate endlessly and I would just rather lynch Freakinchair to see what his PM has to say.
I don't know if losing our vigIlante or x-shot is a good idea. There is probably more to his role that he didn't want to reveal. I would revisit this Day 4.

There are clearly more mensis members running around, since I got transformed into kin last night.
You what!

So the first thing is if he's not Eileen he felt very confident saying he was this early in the game. We don't know who all is in the game so if He's not Eileen then perhaps the eileen role was provided to him as a fake claim, being given a vigilante fake claim without the kill to back it up is odd.
I didn't want to say this yesterday but your meta analysis is over the top and distracts from the game. Clearly Scrafty has taken whatever liberty she wants so we should try to stick to canonical game information (dilineated in this thread).
It's not that bad. Saying you're vig and then no night kill occurring is odd at best.

Nope, the pm made that very clear and went out of its way to mention that it didn't changed anything for me.
If you were lying, you wouldn't have shared this. Thank you.

Mazre's PM says 5 points to convert, but he can only give 2 at a time to a single player. So why would 5 be the threshold? I came up with two scenarios for this.

1) There's a lower ranking member who can only add 1KB to their targets. Maybe multiple. This is what's left over from the Mensis faction.

2) There is a Deprogrammer who can subtract an odd number of KB, either 1 or 3.

I think there should be a Watcher or Tracker in this game, because they work well with multi-target roles.
This is good analysis. I agree with all of it.

I think anyone who voted for me last day is fair. That means nudull or verelios. I think Freakinchair is also a justifiable vote but I wouldn't bet on it.

I think lynching me is also a good choice because I hate you all and want out of this nightmare.

Why would chair claim to have a kill without actually being able to kill? like if you're claiming to be vigi to mask your factional or Serial Killer kill that's one thing, but to claim it and then there are no kills? what's the purpose of this deception?

Haly's been all up on me since the start. Not sure what it means though.

Top Bottom