• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

Watch the Miyahara/Mashimo match from this years Champion Carnival, if you haven't.

My MOTY right now.

Ah, yeah. If we're talking this calendar year, the Miyahara vs. Mashimo match from night 1 of Champion Carnival would be the first I'd recommend. The rematch from June is not quite as good, but it's a different match.

Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Miyahara from May was also great, but Yuji Okabayashi vs. Zeus was very good and should not be slept on.

I think I'll watch Strong BJ vs. Big Guns and Akiyama vs. Miyahara tonight.

Crews needs a manager like yesterday

I wonder if Crews should spend some time in a tag team just so he can get his bearings. Then, he can transition to a simple betrayal feud so he can be something more than a smiling, happy-go-lucky babyface.

Alternately, pair him with Kalisto and program them against American Alpha. Let them run with the hottest tag sprints.

Pikma

Banned
Looks like there'll be an episode of Ride Along with JBL, Byron and Cole soon

Lol, that shit will be dreadful

Looks like there'll be an episode of Ride Along with JBL, Byron and Cole soon

Lol, that shit will be dreadful

Better hope Cole is driving. Byron might crash the car intentionally to take revenge on JBL, and JBL has already stated that he wished Byron were dead.

sora87

Eva Marie is straight fyar.

It's gonna be interesting what feuds start next week on smackdown, i'm not seeing a lot of compatible pairings tbh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even though I can't stand Ziggler, and his shelf life has EXPIRED written all over it, having him go over was good. Give him one last honest to goodness shot. That's what his fans have been begging for. Now people have turned? I understand grumpy motherfuckers like myself staying turned on him, but it'll be nice to see him get this shot and either sink or swim. I hope he sinks because I don't want to see him anymore, but at least they're making an effort.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you ready for night 4, Neogaf Vince McMahon? We got NXT and CWC tonight.

lets see if WWE can make it 4 straight nights of 4 great shows.

I'm exhausted. Too much fucking wrestling! It's been good that the shows have been pretty great. I don't think I could handle 2 hours of stinking farts like we'd get at times.

Pikma

Banned
CoX9mzqWIAQgVTE.jpg

NewLib

Banned
I also liked Smackdown. I agree that the midcard seems a bit shallow but actually think Shelton Benjamin is the right guy to help with that. Give me a good fued with Apollo Crews to start and put him over. I think Crews has potential but really hasn't been given anything to work with.

XenoRaven

Even though I can't stand Ziggler, and his shelf life has EXPIRED written all over it, having him go over was good. Give him one last honest to goodness shot. That's what his fans have been begging for. Now people have turned? I understand grumpy motherfuckers like myself staying turned on him, but it'll be nice to see him get this shot and either sink or swim. I hope he sinks because I don't want to see him anymore, but at least they're making an effort.
As much as I've been down on him, I hope he makes the most of it. Everyone said his World Title run after beating Del Rio was a failure and that it was somehow his fault, and I couldn't figure out what he did wrong.

I'd like to see him do something with this momentum.

Anth0ny

it's not rocket science. from here to summer slam, have ziggler cut a promo each show about all the start-stop pushes he's had over the years (more in a kayfabe way, hopefully), and how this is finally his chance to get the belt and nothing is gonna stop him this time cause it's the NEW ERA blah blah blah

meanwhile each show have him go over high mid card opponents, clean, no bullshit. have him beat del rio, play up their history. have him beat bray, as bray has nothing coming up at summer slam. maybe even have him on the verge of beating john cena, but then aj runs in and interrupts ("Only I get to BEAT UP JOHN CENA")? makes ziggler look strong, cena doesn't take a clean loss, and aj gets heel heat assuming they keep ziggler over.

making ziggler look strong going into the slams should be the #1 priority. making the number one contender for the championship look strong is everything.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Styles isn't losing anything by doing the job, get over it

Sephzilla

I'd like Ziggler so much if he just showed any sign of understanding ring psychology and storytelling instead of being a CAW loaded with other people's finishers

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Give him this last chance, Seph. This is probably his last one, too.

Valentus

im watching again the divas segment... and Beckys face is awesome.... it was like "for this crap i was separated from my girls in raw?!?!?!"

Barrage

Okay... now you're getting a touch hyperbolic.
It was a fine RAW. We've had good RAWs over the past few years.
They just do a shit job of following them up.
Saying it was "one of the best ever" less than two days afterwards... c'mon, you need to let perspective treat this one properly.

I have been rewatching RAWs from all over the spectrum, everything from Attitude Era to New Gen to Brand Split.

It was one of the best RAWs ever. Full stop.

There arent five RAWs off the top of my head that had a better top three matches then Monday. Every segment progressed the story.

Theres cynicism and then theres not being able to appreciate the show anymore. If that RAW was fine, which were good? Which were great?

Sephzilla

I think it's fucking hilarious that Smackdown's new set is technically a downgrade from their old set. They don't even have a ramp anymore lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Eva Marie's entrance last night gave her a ton of mystique and character. It was great.

Top Bottom