• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Basically Shawn once worked for Rock's grandparents and he was disrespectful to his grandmother and it didn't sit well with the rock. Then later on there was the internal feud with The Rock & the Kliq because Bret endorsed The Rock so Hunter & Shawn tried to continuously ruin The Rock but Vince saw through it(he knew Hunter was nothing more than a shitty mid card peasant; X Pac was the star of dx 2.0) . They squashed it in 2008 when The Rock inducted his father & grandfather but that puss Hunter was angry because The Rock was having fun(which is what the HoF is about) and still jealous of him for having success in Hollywood.

Heel DX in 1997-1998

1. HBK
2. Chyna
3. HHH

Heel DX after WM 14

1. NAO
2. Chyna
3. X-Pac
4. HHH

Face DX...like two weeks after Heel DX WM 14 forms

1. NAO
2. X-Pac
3. Chyna
4. HHH

Face DX Summerslam to the end of 1998

1. HHH
2. NAO
3. Chyna
4. X-Pac

This is from my recent 1998 viewing. I'm starting 1999 tomorrow. HHH is almost a non entity most of the time before Shawn injures his back, then he is slightly more interesting because of the Owen feud and doing most of the talking. NAO and X-Pac join and they completely suck all the air out. X-Pac does have a really good singles run in 1998 feuding with the same people HHH is and generally out performing him in front fo the fans.

HHH does finally take over his spot with the Summerslam ladder match...and also injures himself. When he does make an appearance he is the top star but he's not around often for the rest of the year!

My lady friend was talking about getting married and having the guy at the altar, Shinsuke's music starts, and then guy does the Shinsuke "come here" hands taunt thing. You guys know what I'm talking about. Post a gif or something.

I'd like to see this Austin quote.

You guys keep trying to hype me, but I DON'T GET HYPE! I STAY INCREDULOUS!
I'm looking for the interview as we speak. I can't find it atm.

Reminds me how WWE tries to say the DX "invasion" of WCW is one of the greatest things ever about the Attitude Era.
Winners rewrite history.

I would hope Born Again Shawn would have patched things up but I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't.
They did, in 2008 bro.

Heel DX in 1997-1998

1. HBK
2. Chyna
3. HHH

Heel DX after WM 14

1. NAO
2. Chyna
3. X-Pac
4. HHH

Face DX...like two weeks after Heel DX WM 14 forms

1. NAO
2. X-Pac
3. Chyna
4. HHH

Face DX Summerslam to the end of 1998

1. HHH
2. NAO
3. Chyna
4. X-Pac

This is from my recent 1998 viewing. I'm starting 1999 tomorrow. HHH is almost a non entity most of the time before Shawn injures his back, then he is slightly more interesting because of the Owen feud and doing most of the talking. NAO and X-Pac join and they completely suck all the air out. X-Pac does have a really good singles run in 1998 feuding with the same people HHH is and generally out performing him in front fo the fans.

HHH does finally take over his spot with the Summerslam ladder match...and also injures himself. When he does make an appearance he is the top star but he's not around often for the rest of the year!
Dude always has to be in a group so they can carry him. Groupy.

Menome

RUSEV MACHKA

giphy.gif

Also, behave yourselves Team D-Minus. We're better than this.

Just got back from ICW Shug's Hoose Party 3- main event spoilers.

Joe Coffey defeated Damo in an epic to win the ICW belt. Lots of near falls and finisher reversals, some brawling in the crowd. Coffey also had nice flying spots, crowd was on point and super into the matches. Despite both being faces Coffey was super over so Damo wrestled in a heelish role monster heel style and used some weapons.

Afterwards Coffey's celebration was cut short when Wolfgang cashed in. Coffey damn near retained after hitting his finisher but Wolfgang hit him with brass knuckles for the three count afterwards the whole black label came and beat down Coffey and celebrated on the ramp flipping off the crowd.

Great night but gutted Coffey's first title reign was so short.

klonere

Banned
Just got back from ICW Shug's Hoose Party 3- main event spoilers.

Joe Coffey defeated Damo in an epic to win the ICW belt. Lots of near falls and finisher reversals, some brawling in the crowd. Coffey also had nice flying spots, crowd was on point and super into the matches. Despite both being faces Coffey was super over so Damo wrestled in a heelish role monster heel style and used some weapons.

Afterwards Coffey's celebration was cut short when Wolfgang cashed in. Coffey damn near retained after hitting his finisher but Wolfgang hit him with brass knuckles for the three count afterwards the whole black label came and beat down Coffey and celebrated on the ramp flipping off the crowd.

Great night but gutted Coffey's first title reign was so short.

I really really dislike the MiTB concept just because of this sort of thing.

Fox318

from an atmosphere perspective WWE does a disservice not having cameramen on the apron.

And the padded walls.

Bring back some semblance of brutality with the crowd dividers and people actually wanting to cover your fake sport

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What if I told you there is a roughly eight month period where the most over faces are Psycho Sid in WWF and Lex Luger in WCW...

The most incredible 30 for 30 ever.

Zach

MY GOD WHAT A MATCH!

Cactus Jack vs. Triple H was great. Brutal. Excellent storytellin'. Foley definitely made Triple H, and H held up his end of the bargain and looked like a star.

Triple H has grown into his look and seems like a viable top tier talent. Unfortunately, I still haven't seen anything halfway impressive on the mic. And I'm concerned that he will regress outside of feuding with the awesome Mick Foley. Time will tell, I suppose. But for today -- well done!

Zach

And after Cactus Jack vs. Triple H for the championship, we've got D'Lo Brown vs. Grandmaster Sexay headlining the show!

Along with 28 other upcoming competitors.

MG310

I'm more interested what will happen on Smackdown after a terrible "debut" and the ratings coming out. I just want those "panic mode" stories if ratings drop to Thursday night taped Smackdown numbers.

I just hope it stops feeling like a Raw where some of the roster had to leave for the European tour early.

Top Bottom