• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Cranster

Banned
I made it through most of Gravemind on the Halo 2 LASO (Legendary All Skulls On) playlist. Reaching the bottom of the lift to the Detention Block was frustrating as hell but I found out that rappidly crouching all the way down the lift makes you descend the lift faster and I threw a couple grenades to distract some of the enemies for good measure.

After work I plan on completing the level and from there it should be a breeze.

Just made it to the No Life club, or otherwise known as, have all the REQs in the game.

It's a good thing this game is addicting, otherwise I'd have quit long ago.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Just picked this game up with my Xbox One S and I am stunned with how long the install + patching is taking. It's unreal!

Swag. I'm at Reclaimer right now but half of the map won't load for whatever reason so we'll have to restart. I can be at around 7 EST if you're game.

That is a controller-breakingly common bug, unfortunately. I've run into it twice out of five playthrough attempts.

Oh, and god help me, but I'll help you with Halo 2 Legendary.

Am I missing something or does anyone else not get cutscenes on replays of H5 missions? I had scoring on both times I replayed missions and no cutscenes. I wish there was a feature like MCC (or was it H4) where you could play cutscenes at anytime after being unlocked.

Am I missing something or does anyone else not get cutscenes on replays of H5 missions? I had scoring on both times I replayed missions and no cutscenes. I wish there was a feature like MCC (or was it H4) where you could play cutscenes at anytime after being unlocked.

It's disabled for scoring modes, which is dumb, should be a toggle.

Nowise10

I can't stand the req system in this game. I have zero Wasps, zero spartan laser's and zero ultra banshees because the entire system is based off of luck if I'll get anymore in the future. Also Level 114 and I still don't have the Halo 2 BR either, content that came out 7 months ago. Or the Phaeton.

mo60

Someone play Halo 2 and 4 with me on Legendary so I can get the Helioskrill armor and live out my fantasy of being a human in the Covenant please.

You can get Helioskrill without playing MCC now by buying gold req packs with req points or money if you don't want to deal with Jackal snipers killing you before you are able to react.

I can't stand the req system in this game. I have zero Wasps, zero spartan laser's and zero ultra banshees because the entire system is based off of luck if I'll get anymore in the future. Also Level 114 and I still don't have the Halo 2 BR either, content that came out 7 months ago. Or the Phaeton.

Yo, my adventures on Monday night showed that the REQ system is perfectly fine........

/s

I did get 33 wasps this time (vs 20 last month) but exactly 1 phaeton helios (vs like 5 last month).

The Flash

Banned
11 people disliked that video.

seriously, who in the hell are those 11 idiots?

The 11 people in the video who weren't in the Flying Mantis

We had to ask for Wasp variants.

Here's what we still need:

Wasp with variants
Revenant with variants
Chopper with variants
Needle Rifle with variants
Focus Rifle with variants
Spiker with variants
Brute Shot with variants

That is a controller-breakingly common bug, unfortunately. I've run into it twice out of five playthrough attempts.

Oh, and god help me, but I'll help you with Halo 2 Legendary.

Cheers. Let'swork out a time. Fuchsdh and I got to Oracle last night.

You can get Helioskrill without playing MCC now by buying gold req packs with req points or money if you don't want to deal with Jackal snipers killing you before you are able to react.

Yeah but I'd rather not spend cash money on something I can get for free.

Xater

Picked this game up yesterday when I bought a Xbox One S. I quite enjoy it so far. MP actually more than the campaign, but I have only beaten 3 missions so far. People still laying here regularly?

this ranking system is garbage, i know it's been said numerous times but damn

I was a Platinum last month which I felt was way too high for me as I don't really play Halo that much so I was looking forward to losing my placement matches to get gold/silver.

I'm currently 1-7 and somehow I keep playing harder competition. I went 0-5 against all Onyx, they put me against platinums and we narrowly won. Then it puts me back at Onyx and we lose a strongholds 100-6. Cool, so I go back to platinums now right?

nope.. just played a CTF where I went against 4 Champions.

I just got stomped 100-6 against Onyx, why would u think I'm ready to play champions?

cool, and after losing against champions 3-0 in CTF I get matched up against more champions. lost 100-0 in strongholds. looking forward to playing a secret rank higher than champion now

jem0208

I wish slayer was social.

I want to just chill and shoot some people in 4v4 arena but there’s nowhere to do that...

On another note I usually don’t mind JIP that much. Put me into a Warzone match where the score is 600 to 400? Oh well, still got a solid 10 minutes of play left. However, put me in a CTF match where we’re 2-0 down and the enemy has already pulled the flag halfway across the map? Yeah that sucks. They need to add some qualifications that only allow you to JIP if the game is reasonably close or has only just started...

Trup1aya

Picked this game up yesterday when I bought a Xbox One S. I quite enjoy it so far. MP actually more than the campaign, but I have only beaten 3 missions so far. People still laying here regularly?

No matter how many missions you beat, you'll still like the MP better...

I lie here all the time.

But I usually play Fri-Sat nights.

Xater

Alright guys, I made a typo...

Anyway if you want to add me I am "The Xater" on XBL.

How exactly do these placement matches work? I am pretty bad at Halo I would say and I got a Platinum rank in Team Arena. I'm assume that's pretty high?

Alright guys, I made a typo...

Anyway if you want to add me I am "The Xater" on XBL.

How exactly do these placement matches work? I am pretty bad at Halo I would say and I got a Platinum rank in Team Arena. I'm assume that's pretty high?

As long as you're better than me, they will embrace you. They will be kind to you. they will love you.

Just watch out for Elzar and Gringo, they might pinch your cheeks or something.

Any rank is better than me

Man, you still cant just immediately party up with your team and stuck together in matchmaking like previous Halos huh?

Figured they would have patched that in by now...

BizzyBum

Geez, 60 Firefight wins for the Level 5 comm (1,000 XP and a gold pack, too...)

It's funny how long the victory comm takes compared to the kill comms. I think I finished those the first day or two the mode came out. lol

The level 5 kill comms should have been like 10,000 kills or something.

I want to just chill and shoot some people in 4v4 arena but there’s nowhere to do that...

On another note I usually don’t mind JIP that much. Put me into a Warzone match where the score is 600 to 400? Oh well, still got a solid 10 minutes of play left. However, put me in a CTF match where we’re 2-0 down and the enemy has already pulled the flag halfway across the map? Yeah that sucks. They need to add some qualifications that only allow you to JIP if the game is reasonably close or has only just started...
Play on an alt and don't care about winning?

Play on an alt and don't care about winning?
A common misconception, it's less about winning and more about the playstyles, behaviors, and attitudes that come from it. A ranked playlist makes every player sweaty and raises the stress on multiple levels: Am I helping my team? I need more kills! Shit, I don't want to receive death threats after this.. Wow my team sucks and my rank is going to drop because of it. Playing against coordinated teams again, why do I even bother playing this game? etc. and so forth

The game is in dire need of a true 4v4 unranked Team Arena/Slayer playlist.

Sai

I kinda get where you're coming from. I go into Arena or Slayer and it feels like the MLG/Hardcore playlists of old, and I had a tendency to avoid those because of how high-tension they usually were; it wasn't so much about winning or losing. While I appreciate how that competitive aspect has benefited the core gameplay so well, playing a good ol' fashioned game of Slayer just mentally wears me out much faster than it did in the past.

And that attitude carried over into Halo 5. I've been trying to play more Slayer recently, but I missed out on ranking in most of the seasons past.

Some kind of solo queue would help a bit. :p

Top Bottom