• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones Concert Tour 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/0...es?xid=email-gameofthrones-20160808-readstory

HBO is going to be touring an audio/visual experience of the music of Game of Thrones starting in 2017. Tickets go on sale on August 10th. This sounds like it will be really cool. I can't wait to check it out!

tot_dracarys_0.jpg

GAME OF THRONES LIVE CONCERT EXPERIENCE

Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017: Kansas City, Missouri, Sprint Center
Friday, Feb. 17, 2017: St. Paul, Minnesota, Xcel Energy Center
Sunday, Feb. 19, 2017: Chicago, United Center
Monday, Feb. 20, 2017: Detroit, Palace of Auburn Hills
Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2017: Columbus, Ohio, Nationwide Arena
Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017: Buffalo, New York, First Niagara Center
Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017: Uncasville, Connecticut, Mohegan Sun
Sunday, Feb. 26, 2017: Philadelphia, Wells Fargo Center
Wednesday, March 1, 2017: Washington, DC, Verizon Center
Friday, March 3, 2017: Montreal, Bell Centre
Saturday, March 4, 2017: Toronto, Air Canada Centre
Monday, March 6, 2017: Boston, TD Bank Garden
Tuesday, March 7, 2017: New York, Madison Square Garden
Thursday, March 9, 2017: Charlotte, North Carolina, Time Warner Cable Arena
Saturday, March 11, 2017: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, BB&T Center
Sunday, March 12, 2017: Tampa, Florida, Amalie Arena
Tuesday, March 14, 2017: Atlanta, Philips Arena
Thursday, March 16, 2017: San Antonio, Texas, AT&T Center
Friday, March 17, 2017: Houston, Toyota Center
Sunday, March 19, 2017: Denver, Pepsi Center
Tuesday, March 21, 2017: Salt Lake City, Maverik Center
Thursday, March 23, 2017: Los Angeles, The Forum
Saturday, March 25, 2017: Las Vegas, MGM Grand Garden Arena
Sunday, March 26, 2017: Phoenix, TalkingStick Resort Arena
Wednesday, March 29, 2017: San Jose, California, SAP Center
Friday, March 31, 2017: Seattle, Key Arena
Saturday, April 1, 2017: Vancouver, Rogers Arena
Sunday, April 2, 2017: Portland, Oregon, Moda Center

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If they are going for actual fire inside a lot of these arena's I'd be pretty impressed. If they really want to recreate the Game of Thrones experience though they should end the concert at intermission and come back a few years later to finish the rest.

Necrovex

Holy hell, I'll actually be back in Tampa the month it arrives there. Destiny is telling me I must attend this!

Struct09

FYI I was able to buy tickets already. Just use code GOTTOUR when it asks you for the HBO Friends and Family code.

StMeph

I like the show, but don't remember its score being particularly memorable or noteworthy to warrant a special concert series.

Seating chart for the San jose show if anyone cares..
72087s.gif

also prices are from $37.50 (upper) -US $122.00( for Lannister and Stark seating)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I like the show, but don't remember its score being particularly memorable or noteworthy to warrant a special concert series.

I'm kind of the same opinion but the opening theme is great. Then again no fantasy series or movie has come close to Basil Poledoris' score for Conan the Barbarian.

samn

the only music i've ever cared for:

- the opening theme

- the battle of blackwater bit just as he's shooting the arrow

- all the music in the last episode of season 6

and that's about it.

Looking at the MSG seating chart looks like prices range from 59.50-125.00

Not that outrageous. I might end up going to this thing afterall.

MoFuzz

Yeah, what's the deal on the House Lannister and House Stark sections? They aren't up for sale, though the pricing scheme indicates they're the same price as the lower bowl.

Tried scouring everywhere for info, but nothing.

Ferny

Anyone check out any of the three first dates to this yet? Interested to hear how it went if anyone here got a chance to go. Might check out the Tampa date.

mcfrank

Went to the LA show last night and it was incredible. It's was a concert and fan convention all rolled into one. If you have a chance to go to one of the remaining shows, I highly reccomend it.

Arkeband

Banned
After the South Park rendition of the main theme, I can't take it as seriously anymore.
It's still hype as hell, but somewhere in the back of my mind, all I can think of is "nice and soft, not erect, weinerrrrrrs"

I forgot I even created this thread. I saw the ATL show last week. The concert was great, but the Bannermen seats were definitely not worth the price. I left the show with a pain in the neck due to having to look up at the screens. They also forgot to send the gifts to the stadium and will mail them to us instead. Otherwise the music itself was awesome. Next time, if there is one, I'll go for the cheaper seats.

mcfrank

I forgot I even created this thread. I saw the ATL show last week. The concert was great, but the Bannermen seats were definitely not worth the price. I left the show with a pain in the neck due to having to look up at the screens. They also forgot to send the gifts to the stadium and will mail them to us instead. Otherwise the music itself was awesome. Next time, if there is one, I'll go for the cheaper seats.

Yeah, I was 6 rows up on what you would call the 50 yard line and I think those were the best possible seats. Great view of the orchestra, screen, and all of the soloists stages. I felt bad for the people who were on the floor since they paid so much for those tickets and they seemed like they were missing so much being there.

I went to the concert here in Denver on Sunday. They ended up closing off the upper-level seats, and just moved everyone down to the 100-level seats for free. It was a good show, fantastic performances, but those seats next to the stage looked rather uncomfortable, and their view was rather obstructed since the stage was higher than the seats they were in.

Lebron

Yeah, they had small 32inch LCD screens on the tables for those folks who paid for that who didn't want to mess up their neck looking up. Felt cheap considering the price they charged.

We were pretty close to the front row and had a solid view in Houston. Show was well worth it.

-griffy-

Banned
I was at the St. Paul, MN show which was actually the very first show of the tour. It was really awesome, definitely worth seeing if you're a fan of the show. They do some really cool stage stuff, and seeing essentially the entirety of many of the shows best sequences done with a live orchestra providing the music was incredible. The whole Light of the Seven sequence was amazing.

View from our seats:
keB9Dbrh.jpg

Here's a clip of Ramin Djawadi playing Needle on the hammered dulcimer live, to get an idea of how the video screens play with the music.

They also do some crazy pyrotechnic stuff during obvious moments, including green fire where appropriate, and a cool bit with refracted light bouncing around the arena paired with the citadel/Maester music.

m23

I went to the show in Toronto. What a great show it was. Also my friends and I got lucky and were given upgraded seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom